A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Logitech keyboards - nn

Posted: Mar 24, 2011

I recently started having some issues with my Logitech wireless keyboard where it was getting harder to press down on the keys.  I recently moved and when I got everything set up I noticed that the touch seemed to be different.  Shook the keyboard out, took a damp cloth and wiped the keyboard down, etc and still seems to be "different."  I called Logitech this morning and explained what was going on and they are replacing the keyboard free of charge and apparently, you do not have to return the old keyboard, just recycle it.   Just wanted my fellow MTs to know that this is another option and other companies may do this as well.  Going to try to make this one work for another 7-10  business days because with the move, financially strapped right now  -- LOL.

Logitech wireless question - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have a phone number for Logitech. I used a wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard for about 2 years and it all of a sudden stopped working... in that, it would not "connect." Used a small USB adaptor that came with it and maybe that just didn't work anymore. Had to buy a wired keyboard and mouse which is fine except that I like wireles.

Then, I bought a Logitech mouse for $40 recently and that did not work... batteries did not stay on for even 2 seconds. Tried new ones and same thing, so I took it back. I also ordered another "wired" Logitech keyboard with USB which should be just plug and go... that also does not work... This is SO frustrating. It's like it did not recognize the keyboard or look for it when I plugged it in. Restarted the PC and did everything that one should do to no avail. Anyhow, nice to know that they will send you a new one. I would appreciate their phone number if you have it. Thanks and glad they were able to help you.

Logitech - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
The phone number for tech support is listed on their website, but I just looked it up and it is 646-454-3200 and they are available from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. PST and on Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST. HTH

Logitech wireless - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a Logitech that I've had for about 2 years. One thing is that you have to make sure the little antenna is close to the keyboard and mouse and not obstructed in any way so it can get signal. I've been really happy with mine.

Logitech keyboards-UPDATE - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Just got my replacement keyboard after calling them less than a week ago for the replacement. This is an updated model and totally wireless. Touch is still a little stiff, but so far, really like it and it is a quiet keyboard and not really "clacky." The mouse is very light also, compared to my previous Logitech mouse that came with the old keyboard -- LOL

Similar Messages:

Wireless Logitech Keyboard
Apr 11, 2010

Has anybody experienced Logitech S530 wireless keyboard wearing out after about 6 months of heavy use?  Mine is skipping spaces and letters. It is very frustrating.  I have ordered a new one, but wonder if this is the norm for them.  I have changed batteries 3 times in 6 months.  I really am having second thoughts about continuing with it. ...

Which Keyboard Would You Choose? Logitech
Mar 04, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions! ...

Question About The Logitech Headphones
Apr 12, 2012

Why did they send headphones with a mic attached to it? ...

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

Microsoft 4000 Keyboard Versus Logitech
Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I wo ...

Old Keyboards
Dec 12, 2009

Does anyone know of an adapter that can be used on the old IBM "clacky" keyboards to convert it to a USB connection?  I know there are adapters out there but I can't find one for these keyboards.  The "end piece" is large round and the regular keyboards have the smaller round connection.  you can get adapters for them but I can't find one with the bigger adapter hole and then the USB connector.  I would LOVE LOVE to find an adapter so I can use the old IBM keyboard. ...

Dell Keyboards
Oct 12, 2009

Is it true that the letters on the Dell keyboards never wear off? ...

Question On Keyboards
Jan 15, 2011

I presently have a keyboard that is USB, and the insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down are in groups of 2 keys top and bottom, 3 across. When I purchased my new HP computer, I noticed the keyboard that came with it was a USB, but the now the insert key is up with the pause/break key in the same line as the hot keys (F) and the home, delete, end, page up, page down are now 2 columns of 3 top and bottom. The delete key takes up two space keys. I have been using the former one for all m ...

Gloves And Keyboards
Sep 21, 2011

I have a two-fold question here.  Has anyone tried the arthritis gloves from transcripotion gear that are designed to keep your hands warm in the winter (sorry to say that awful word but it is coming), and the stiffness when I am cold is very hard to take in terms of speed and loosening up.  Second fold, has anyone tried the mechanical keyboards?  The ones that area not the "soft touch" and actually make a clicking sound?  The only ones I am finding are ones for "gamers" ...

Ergonomic Keyboards
Jan 28, 2012

I have been a transcriptionist for quite some time and have used the Microsoft Elite Ergonomic Keyboard and have tried two new replacements but for some reason with the newer version of this brand the keys are really hard to touch.  Has anyone used a split keyboard such as the Kinesis or Gold Touch?  I am looking at spending more on something that is of better quality and soft touch on the keys due to shoulder problems.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ...

Looking For One Of Those Clickety-click Keyboards (sm)
Jun 09, 2010

I really like the old style keyboards with the metal contacts and springs, rather than the soft touch keyboards with silicon contacts and rubber (but with a USB plug). I've looked at Office Depot, Staples and Best Buy - no one has them.  Anybody else like those? and do you have any suggestions on where they can be found?   ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

Ergonomic Keyboards And Speed
Aug 25, 2011

I'm switching up my office stuff and i'm thinking about getting an ergonomic keyboard. I have been typing on a laptop and every once in a while my hands cramp up. I was just wondering if anyone had a learning curve with the ergo keyboard and if it slowed down their production at all. Thanks! :) ...

Wireless Keyboards For Work - Thoughts?
Nov 21, 2010

I just got a wireless mouse as a gift and absolutely love it, however it does use batteries and I'm unsure how often I'll have to replace them due to being on the computer for long hours working.  I would love to get a wireless keyboard as well (two less cords to trip over, lol), and am would appreciate input from other MTs who have used them.  Are they just as responsive as wired keyboards, have long battery life, etc.?  Some of them are a tad expensive, so I'm uns ...

Gaming Keyboards/keypads Question
May 05, 2011

I was looking for gaming keyboards, since quite a few people are saying how much better they are for doing SR.  All of the ones I've seen have a standard layout, but I use an ergo board.  Has anyone just added a gaming keypad to their current setup, and does it have enough programmable command keys to make it worthwhile?  They sell for about half the price of the gaming keyboard. ...

Carpal Tunnel & Ergo Keyboards
Nov 12, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has tried either the Kinesis contoured, Kinesis Freestyle, Goldtouch, or SafeType keyboards. I am using a Microsoft ergo split keyboard now, but I am having more and more pain and numb/weird feelings in my arms and hands. It's getting to the point where I am having a lot of difficulty typing. I definitely need to invest in a more high-end ergo keyboard, but they are quite expensive and I am not sure which one would be best. Just looking for any experiences and pro ...

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...