A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever successfully imaged or cloned a hard drive - SM

Posted: Oct 06, 2011

from a PC that was provided by a company?  If so, how does one do this?

I work for one of the MTSOs and they provided a desktop PC.  However, there are times when I would like to be mobile and would like to be able to use my laptop.  The company will load their software on their PCs and will not load it on an employees personal computer.  So I am trying to devise a way to be able to use my laptop on those occasions when I would like to take my work with me.

I have a laptop I can dedicated solely to this particular job and so I would conceivably like to be basically clone or image the desktop PC hard drive as it is on my laptop.  Any suggestions?

I've also wondered about remote accessing my desktop PC with my laptop using gotomyPC while away from my home office, but I wonder about lag time and connection stability.  Plus there are a lot of variables such as your PC at home has to be on and what if you lose power at home and then you're basically out of luck. 

If anyone has any comments or opinions or experience with imaging or cloning hard drives or using gotomyPC, I would love to hear them.  Thanks!

Cloning - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
Your purpose of cloning the desktop on your laptop will never be met simply because of difference in hardware. Cloning more or less works on identical hardware (motherboard, etc.)

You should go ahead with GoToMyPC. If you have broadband connection, there is no lagging or connection stability problems

Similar Messages:

Hard Drive Shot...now What?
Jun 21, 2010

OK, here's the scoop. I am working on an older company-provided Dell running XP that's basically on the very last of its legs (got the blue screen of death this morning but was able to finally get to Windows and into my program). I talked with our IT guy today, and he said to get a new hard drive and have the old info transferred (at my expense, because of new company rules). I work on ChartScript.net and asked if that ran on Vista because I could then use my laptop, our only other com ...

Partitioned Hard Drive
Oct 04, 2011

My old computer is 10-years old and has given me a blue screen 3 times when I am in AOL only.  My computer guy has suggested a rebuilt computer with XP cause that's what I need, or a new computer with a partitioned hard drive.  Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I am not that informed to know if this would work well.  Any experience with or opinion on this would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Does Anybody Know The Pros/cons Of Having An External Hard Drive?
Jan 23, 2015

Medicare Contractor To Docs: We Won't Pay For Cloned EHR Notes
Sep 27, 2012

Looks like the template method is in trouble. See this link. Medicare contractor to docs: We won't pay for cloned EHR notes Read more: Medicare contractor to docs: We won't pay for cloned EHR notes - FierceEMR http://www.fierceemr.com/story/medicare-contractor-docs-we-wont-pay-cloned-ehr-notes/2012-09-12#ixzz27iUyBi2B Subscribe: http://www.fierceemr.com/signup?sourceform=Viral-Tynt-FierceEMR-FierceEMR ...

ANYONE GO OUT ON DISABILITY SUCCESSFULLY AFTER 20+ AS AN MT?
Apr 19, 2011

I've been doing this since having an IBM Selectric was the fastest typewriter out there.  I'm under 50, but in the past 6+ years, my neck and back have started killing me.  I went out, spent $800 on a Herman Miller Aeron chair - what a waste of money.  I've been getting epidural steroid injections and had rhizotomies in upper and lower.  MRI shows bone spurs and degeneration.  I applied for SS Disability on my own, and was denied.  I spoke with a lawy ...

Anyone Successfully Using DQS On Windows 7 64-bit?
Jan 22, 2012

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit and would love to use it to work on, but tried yesterday and it wouldn't not work.  It kept saying it needed NET Framework version 2.0 (SP2) downloaded from Microsoft site, which I did, and it still didn't work.  Why can't they come out with DQS 7 yet?  It's already a month past due.  It'd be nice if they could finally get something right! ...

Has Anybody Successfully Transferred To Another POD?
Jan 09, 2015

I'm getting pretty sick of the condescending questions asked ("why didn't you do this" or "why did you do that") by my PC, who I was moved to during the POD initiation and would much rather go back to my old PC, who was awesome, even if I have to leave the accounts I have been typing on for years.  This PC just makes me feel like an idiot. ...

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 6.1 On Windows Vista?
Sep 07, 2010

I haven't tried to install it yet but I'm seeing so many people reporting trouble that I'm afraid to even try.  This is my own computer and it runs Windows Vista.  What are my chances of having the new version 6.1 install without it turning into a nightmare?   ...

Has Anyone Very Successfully Finished Their Coding Courses Only To.....
Dec 02, 2013

Feel that it's not really what you want to do?  I finished my coding course at Andrews and truly don't feel that's what I want to do.  I feel disappointment in myself because I invested that much time in school and did very well, but I feel it's not really the job for me.  I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or anything similiar? Did you just stick with it until you found a job and did your feelings change?   I kept try ...

Has Anyone Successfully Used Escription Or Dictaphone EXtext/ExEditor With Wireless Or
Jun 17, 2010

satellite internet?  I have heard these were the better VR platforms but I cannot find out if they can be used on wireless or satellite internet.    ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

CD Won't Come Out Of D Drive
Dec 30, 2009

I inserted Stedman's Medical Dictionary CD into D drive. Message came up that said "you have no disk in D drive", so I clicked the button to remove it, but no disk was there. I did not put this disk away and is nowhere to be found. When I turned computer on later, a black screen came up saying I had left a disk in D drive and I had to press F1, so I know it's still in there, but not visible.  I can't open the case. ...

Cardiac Drive?
Jun 14, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying: "We will obtain a cardiac drive and uptake scan."  The diagnosis is a thyroid nodule.  Any ideas what he might be saying that sounds like "cardiac drive?" Thanks!! ...

Word Help, And It Is Going To Drive Me Batty
Apr 27, 2010

if I don't figure this out.  Doing pediatric cardiology with is new to me and can not find anything close to this.  Pt is a 5-1/2 yo who just a secundum ASD repaired.  Patient's intraoperative echo showed no residual ASD, good function and initially she was in a s/l "wee-ge-bog" rhythm which then returned to normal sinus. Thanks!   ...

Problem With External Drive
Jun 09, 2010

HI, I need help and how.  I work on production and cannot afford to be down at all.  I have a HP Pavilion Desktop, XP software, and a West. Digital external drive--My Book Essential 2.0 which is barely 6 mons. old.  About 2 wks. ago, the power tray in the computer failed and was replaced.  He fixed that, returned it, and the computer worked just fine.  It failed again 1 wk. to 2 wks. later.  The tech said the wiring/cords inside were all twisted up.  No one ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...

Mmodal Recruitment Drive?
Apr 05, 2013

After reading about this horrific layoff, I notice this: MModal is conducting a Recruitment drive exclusively for Medical Transcriptionists, Direct Uploaders, Direct Posters, Quality Analyst & Editors at Bubhaneshwar.   The recruitment drive is scheduled from 6th April to 8th April 2013.   Interested candidates willing to appear for the drive need to send their applications / resumes to vijaykumar.dharmaji@mmodal.com or durgaprasad.nandikolla @mmodal.com for a scheduled ...

I Think The Plan Is To Drive Us All Crazy . . .
Jan 20, 2014

Unfortuntely for me, this will be a short trip.  I am stressed to nearly the breaking point.  Can't pay bills now and now this.  Got to find a solution and quick.  Finding I can't compete with the younger folks in the job market.  Age is a pitfall. ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Lost My Shorthand 10 Flash Drive!
Jul 28, 2012

Does anyone have a .spf file that they could "loan me" until I either find my flash drive or I build my own up (could take years like my original one did!)?  I had a backup but that hard drive crashed, and boy was I grateful for the flash drive backup, but what with one thing and another, I didn't back it up on my new computer and of course now I'm kicking myself.  Or if there is a resource online that I could use, that would be great. I'm looking for a more generic com ...

Apparently, I Just Cannot Type Verbatim! Either That Or QA Is Trying To Drive Me Crazy!
May 17, 2011

I started a second job for extra money and so I'm on 100% QA.  I keep getting feedback for what I consider to be the most inane reasons.  I am old school.  When a dictator starts as sentence "patient is here for..."  I type "The patient is here for ...."  So QA has pinged me several times for not typing "verbatim."  So I've tried to be very conscious and listen very closely.  Now I've gotten feedback where I clearly thought I heard patient, typed ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

Do Multiple Typos Drive You Crazy And When Does It Stop Being A Typo
Feb 28, 2010

Just want to vent a little about how lazy I think people over the age of 18 have gotten regarding proper grammar and spelling.  I am not just talking about typos.  I know on MTStars we are not supposed to point out typos, but I was just struck with the question:  When does it stop being a typo and start being laziness and sloppiness, or maybe even uneducated?  I just received an Email from my 19-year-old granddaughter that was full of those abbreviations that everyone uses w ...

Hard To Take It Seriously--sm
May 07, 2014

I am actually checking FIESA right now as I was placed on a new account almost 2 weeks ago but I am having a hard time taking these scores seriously as I just saw a report of mine.  I left a blank , I did hear welder but the sentence was poor and I clearly heard retired earlier.  The sentence QA put in is:  He works welder.  I kid you not.  This next paycheck I pay a bill off.  There are things I need some money for and I keep trying to remind myself of that so ...

It Is Just SO Hard To Try And Do My Very Best For
Jul 15, 2014

a company who treats me like garbage.  I get a warning for 2 (yes just 2) reports that have quality issues (they say).  Hmmmm.  Never had this problem before. ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

How Hard Is It Going To Be To Fine A New Job...
Oct 16, 2011

after being fired?   ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

$$ Your Pay, Your Hard Work!
Mar 31, 2012

I am wondering if you all feel like I do, many years as a transcriptionist and the industry has changed so. I used to be able to earn an income that I could live on and now half that amount!  I would like to hear what your paychecks are, the amount of hours you work and is anyone satisfied.  No names, of course, yours or the companies!  I, personally, absolutely kill myself for $10/hour.  For some unnamed companies you are suppose to earn an established amount ...