A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I think the plan is to drive us all crazy . . . - argh

Posted: Jan 20, 2014

Unfortuntely for me, this will be a short trip.  I am stressed to nearly the breaking point.  Can't pay bills now and now this.  Got to find a solution and quick.  Finding I can't compete with the younger folks in the job market.  Age is a pitfall.

and now this ....what? - Is it me?

[ In Reply To ..]
am I the only one who doesn't know what everybody is talking about today?

I'm not sure what you mean either ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you explain what you mean? I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed.

Im sure she means the 99.7 accuracy email - they can

[ In Reply To ..]
Kiss my tail. Fire me and see what my replacement does..go for it, no longer care.

Yes. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This job is either going to give me a nervous breakdown with all the demands being put on us that are setting us up for failure or a heart attack worrying about when my time is up.
Corporate America Lives and feeds off our misery/torture.
Oh, hey, lighten up friend. - If you are going to fail a 99.7...
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are going to fail a 99.7% audit, chances are very, very high you would have failed a 99.6% audit too.

Just sayin. Try not to stress.

Yes, 99.7, like 99.6, is a ridiculous and unrealistic metric for the reality of what we do and what we are paid in return. But 99.7 does just sound like a marketing gimmick, not an evil calculated plan to make us lose our sanity.
But the 3 cpl pay cut when you're put on 100% QA is (nm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x
99.7 audit - tootired
[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone get the feeling that the 99.6 audit rate and the ridiculous calculations for minor errors could lead to a BIG FAT BONUS for the team leaders? While we are thrown under the bus. One will never know, will we? That is exactly how it all works. It stinks like a dead rat.

Did anyone other than the original poster actually SEE this email? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not entirely sure that person's post is true ... no one seems to have seen or read it except for that one poster.
Oh Yes I got it also - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and Im not gonna stress..like I said, DON'T care anymore. riding the horse till it dies
Thanks . . - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Gonna try to do the same as well.
Right there with ya - Not stressing. I have
[ In Reply To ..]
lost my "give a hoot." Fire me. Whatever. So sick of this nonsense.
It is true - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Once again, other people did receive it. You just happened to be lucky (or unlucky depending on how you see it)to not have a copy of it.

To quote Fez "I said good day" LOL - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

To quote my mother... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In any situation where you hate to be (like MT right now), just remember the 4 S's to keep you out of trouble :-)

Show up
Sit down
Shut up
Smile

As long as that gets me through my schedule, production, and QA then they're just getting the bare minimum from me too.

And the quote from this mom to my boys - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have seen me work at a job that I hate..Go to school, find something you love and DO IT, cause hating what you do every day sucks..The only good part of this job has been that I could actually stay home and raise my boys..

age? pitfall? - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Take advantage of learning new skills if you haven't done so already. I use my age (55) for a "no drama with me" approach to the job hunt, though at the current time I have a good-paying job after leaving the MT field in 2011. Get out, get involved...this job came looking for ME!!! I still keep my resume up to date, and my cover letter stresses "no drama" no "kid issues" my partying days are long over, and I don't base my life around "going out" anymore. I do have the advantage of looking young for my age, and am blessed with really good health. Take what you have and work it, work it, work it!!! Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Apparently, I Just Cannot Type Verbatim! Either That Or QA Is Trying To Drive Me Crazy!
May 17, 2011

I started a second job for extra money and so I'm on 100% QA.  I keep getting feedback for what I consider to be the most inane reasons.  I am old school.  When a dictator starts as sentence "patient is here for..."  I type "The patient is here for ...."  So QA has pinged me several times for not typing "verbatim."  So I've tried to be very conscious and listen very closely.  Now I've gotten feedback where I clearly thought I heard patient, typed ...

Do Multiple Typos Drive You Crazy And When Does It Stop Being A Typo
Feb 28, 2010

Just want to vent a little about how lazy I think people over the age of 18 have gotten regarding proper grammar and spelling.  I am not just talking about typos.  I know on MTStars we are not supposed to point out typos, but I was just struck with the question:  When does it stop being a typo and start being laziness and sloppiness, or maybe even uneducated?  I just received an Email from my 19-year-old granddaughter that was full of those abbreviations that everyone uses w ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

CD Won't Come Out Of D Drive
Dec 30, 2009

I inserted Stedman's Medical Dictionary CD into D drive. Message came up that said "you have no disk in D drive", so I clicked the button to remove it, but no disk was there. I did not put this disk away and is nowhere to be found. When I turned computer on later, a black screen came up saying I had left a disk in D drive and I had to press F1, so I know it's still in there, but not visible.  I can't open the case. ...

Cardiac Drive?
Jun 14, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying: "We will obtain a cardiac drive and uptake scan."  The diagnosis is a thyroid nodule.  Any ideas what he might be saying that sounds like "cardiac drive?" Thanks!! ...

Word Help, And It Is Going To Drive Me Batty
Apr 27, 2010

if I don't figure this out.  Doing pediatric cardiology with is new to me and can not find anything close to this.  Pt is a 5-1/2 yo who just a secundum ASD repaired.  Patient's intraoperative echo showed no residual ASD, good function and initially she was in a s/l "wee-ge-bog" rhythm which then returned to normal sinus. Thanks!   ...

Problem With External Drive
Jun 09, 2010

HI, I need help and how.  I work on production and cannot afford to be down at all.  I have a HP Pavilion Desktop, XP software, and a West. Digital external drive--My Book Essential 2.0 which is barely 6 mons. old.  About 2 wks. ago, the power tray in the computer failed and was replaced.  He fixed that, returned it, and the computer worked just fine.  It failed again 1 wk. to 2 wks. later.  The tech said the wiring/cords inside were all twisted up.  No one ...

Hard Drive Shot...now What?
Jun 21, 2010

OK, here's the scoop. I am working on an older company-provided Dell running XP that's basically on the very last of its legs (got the blue screen of death this morning but was able to finally get to Windows and into my program). I talked with our IT guy today, and he said to get a new hard drive and have the old info transferred (at my expense, because of new company rules). I work on ChartScript.net and asked if that ran on Vista because I could then use my laptop, our only other com ...

Partitioned Hard Drive
Oct 04, 2011

My old computer is 10-years old and has given me a blue screen 3 times when I am in AOL only.  My computer guy has suggested a rebuilt computer with XP cause that's what I need, or a new computer with a partitioned hard drive.  Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I am not that informed to know if this would work well.  Any experience with or opinion on this would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...

Mmodal Recruitment Drive?
Apr 05, 2013

After reading about this horrific layoff, I notice this: MModal is conducting a Recruitment drive exclusively for Medical Transcriptionists, Direct Uploaders, Direct Posters, Quality Analyst & Editors at Bubhaneshwar.   The recruitment drive is scheduled from 6th April to 8th April 2013.   Interested candidates willing to appear for the drive need to send their applications / resumes to vijaykumar.dharmaji@mmodal.com or durgaprasad.nandikolla @mmodal.com for a scheduled ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Lost My Shorthand 10 Flash Drive!
Jul 28, 2012

Does anyone have a .spf file that they could "loan me" until I either find my flash drive or I build my own up (could take years like my original one did!)?  I had a backup but that hard drive crashed, and boy was I grateful for the flash drive backup, but what with one thing and another, I didn't back it up on my new computer and of course now I'm kicking myself.  Or if there is a resource online that I could use, that would be great. I'm looking for a more generic com ...

Has Anyone Ever Successfully Imaged Or Cloned A Hard Drive
Oct 06, 2011

from a PC that was provided by a company?  If so, how does one do this? I work for one of the MTSOs and they provided a desktop PC.  However, there are times when I would like to be mobile and would like to be able to use my laptop.  The company will load their software on their PCs and will not load it on an employees personal computer.  So I am trying to devise a way to be able to use my laptop on those occasions when I would like to take my work with me. I have ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

Does Anybody Know The Pros/cons Of Having An External Hard Drive?
Jan 23, 2015

Am I Crazy???
Apr 14, 2011

My boss has offered me a 3rd shift position working 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.  I work days now 10 a.m to 6 p.m.  This 3rd position appeals to me because there would be no interruptions and hopefully my production would get even better.  I could be up in the morning around 10-11 am and have the rest of the day to run errands, grocery shop or just do some baking which sounds wonderful.  I am usually a day person, but this sounds intriguing. I realize the first couple of weeks would ...

OK This Is Crazy,
Nov 21, 2012

ASR: The patient had history of DVT and PE. Dictated: Allergies none. This is getting really bad,,,first the simple act of breathing into the phone prints out things that "could" be relevant to the current report..now something like this..Guess it is keeping us employed cause you cant send this stuff through un-edited. ...

Crazy ASR
Aug 09, 2013

Today is frequently adding an extra word of "some" to much of the editing I am doing.  Is it EVER going to learn??????????? ...

AM I CRAZY? I MUST BE.
Aug 23, 2013

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Albert Einstein Well, it suddenly hit me this morning.  With all the changes in this industry over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been in it), and no improvement in working conditions in sight, WHY AM I still doing it?  I must be insane!  I think I must have self-hypnotized myself into thinking that if I keep looking, I'll find some MT position that pays well ...

Maybe I Am Crazy
May 13, 2014

Has anyone else noticed a change in some of the CPs? I KNOW my so-called "primary" account CP  used to say "REPORT FORMATTING:  DQS Guidelines."  It now says "REPORT FORMATTING:  AAMT BOS" and I am getting dinged for things that used to be SOP. ...

Am I Going Crazy?
Jul 01, 2014

Or senile?  Yes, I am getting ready to retire but I still take pride in my work.   How can I have a report out of the blue that is so full of errors, errors I am sure I did not make and then the rest of my reports are 100%.  It is one I sent to QA.  Is it possible that it could have been changed by one QA and then passed on with mistakes?  Am I being paranoid? This makes me very anxious.   Also, has this ever happened to anyon ...

Am I Crazy?
Jan 29, 2015

......because I could not meet productivity requirements.  I swore I would never apply for another transcription job again.  Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now in dire need of a job RIGHT NOW!  I was employee status before, but I am now considering applying for an independent contractor job, thinking that might be a better fit for me, at least until I find a job outside of MT.  Thinking about giving it a try.  At least I would have some income for a little w ...

This Drives Me Crazy DQS
Dec 01, 2009

What the ASR typed: sodium was 137, potassium five.  It does this all the time.  Why would it put the numbers on the sodium and spell out the number for the potassium?  ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Driving Me Crazy!
Dec 03, 2010

This physician, not a resident either, is SPELLING words like -- no joke -- chest, lungs, abdomen and with every date, telling me to put the slash marks in.  Whatdehay does he think I'm getting paid for?  I am supposed to know s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g !!!!  oh my goodness.  I just had to tell someone that understands. Thanks for listening. ...

Crazy Question
Dec 11, 2010

This is really silly.  What is the plural of "bolus?"  Boluses looks (and sounds) awkward, but everything I've found backs that up.   ...

Driving Me Crazy!!
Dec 30, 2010

I wish there was a program for MTs that would take "..um.." out of dictations.  ...

NJA Driving Me Crazy
Feb 28, 2011

I'll take terrible ESLs, 30-second reports - anything over NJA.  Makes me crazy.  I sit here, hands hovering above the keyboard, breath bated, just waiting for a job - any job.  The transcription schools keep churning out grads, and those grads keep posting on these forums, asking who's hiring?  where can they find work?  who hired newbies? - but even veterans don't have work.  How am I supposed to pay my mortgage?  ...