A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Saving shorthand file to flash drive - Vic

Posted: May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks.

.spf - NK

[ In Reply To ..]
I found my Shorthand dictionary file in Windows Explorer (will be something.spf), right clicked on it, clicked on send to, and clicked on flash drive, and the file was copied to the flash drive.

Similar Messages:

Lost My Shorthand 10 Flash Drive!
Jul 28, 2012

Does anyone have a .spf file that they could "loan me" until I either find my flash drive or I build my own up (could take years like my original one did!)?  I had a backup but that hard drive crashed, and boy was I grateful for the flash drive backup, but what with one thing and another, I didn't back it up on my new computer and of course now I'm kicking myself.  Or if there is a resource online that I could use, that would be great. I'm looking for a more generic com ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

News Flash!
Nov 03, 2014

xx ...

MT STARS FLASH COUNT
Apr 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link to download the flashcount to make invoices for free on this site?  I know that this is where I downloaded it a long time ago, but I can't find it and appreciate any help! ...

Nuance News Flash
Aug 03, 2012

OK Kids. How many of you honestly read the Nuance News Flash that our TLs send out?  Be honest now; how many of you like reading about how this technology is killing the transcription industry?   As for me, my BP goes up about 100 points whenever I get one! ...

Changes Made To ASR Not Saving
Mar 01, 2015

Aside from erasing the ASR text and typing the entire report myself, how can I know that the system is saving my changes? I am absolutely certain that changes I made are not being saved, and thus showing up as errors on QA reports. Some of which I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the text, but alas the corrections are not saving. So, once again, I am completely off the grid. Perhaps I should do a Control-J on enterprise to check the text? Should I do Control-S to save and then do contro ...

NEWS FLASH New Webmedx Message
Oct 25, 2010

I was working and just received an e-mail that there was a company update posted to the community page. So far, after listening to half the voice went out and so I have not been able to listen to the second half yet, BUT they said they had solid business commitments coming up and would be hiring I believe they said 128 transcriptionists! He also said anyone that was let go due to the RIF was welcome to apply again, and said that the RIF was a first for the company and hopefully the last. I am en ...

FLASH TYPE - Run Time Error '383'
Feb 21, 2011

Last week, Thursday, i downloaded FlashType from here when my Window XP crashed and i needed to find something to work on WIndows 7.  I immediately fell in love because it worked on my platform and i no longer needed to cut and paste.  At the end of the day, something happened (not sure what happened), but now i am getting and error that reads: run time error '383':  'text' property is read only I entered well over 200 abbreviations that day.  I tried uninstalling ...

Flash Type Works With Windows 7 Yet?
Sep 02, 2011

Anyone know if Flash Type works with Windows 7 yet?  Thank you.  nm ...

News Flash: Nuance Bayscribe MTs Have Had It! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

CD Won't Come Out Of D Drive
Dec 30, 2009

I inserted Stedman's Medical Dictionary CD into D drive. Message came up that said "you have no disk in D drive", so I clicked the button to remove it, but no disk was there. I did not put this disk away and is nowhere to be found. When I turned computer on later, a black screen came up saying I had left a disk in D drive and I had to press F1, so I know it's still in there, but not visible.  I can't open the case. ...

VR Not Saving My Edting Changes. Using Editscripts. Sm
Jan 30, 2010

I am using Editscripts. Some of the changes I make the system does accept, but some it doesn't. How do I fix that? Even when spell checking I get some kind of message that says that it has skipped some that are protected (something like that). Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Saving Files In MS Word...please Help.
Jul 08, 2012

I am trying to test for a company but I need to save the files from the email that was sent to me in an MS Word folder to my desktop and i need to take the test  in word.  I have Vista on my computer.  I have the MS office directory but not sure exactly how to do this.  Does anyone know how I can save these filles this so I can take the test.  I do not think I will get a response from the email for steps on how to do this as today is Sunday.  Thank you soo ...

ASR Not Saving Problem Found By IT
Mar 02, 2015

To those following. It turns out on windows last update, it snuck some add-on in that was possibly interfering with saving changes to my reports. When IT took that add-on off, the system started saving my changes correctly again. Because I am very certain the 'error' that I got a 3.0 CPSE for I did change but the change did not save, I am thinking of bringing this up with my TSM. They want us to update windows for security reasons, and so I do. I did not know that windows can sneak i ...

Cardiac Drive?
Jun 14, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying: "We will obtain a cardiac drive and uptake scan."  The diagnosis is a thyroid nodule.  Any ideas what he might be saying that sounds like "cardiac drive?" Thanks!! ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Saving/printing A Copy Of AutoCorrects?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone know how to copy your AutoCorrects (I have Word 2010) into a list form that can be put in a document and emailed? I am clue.less. on this.  Any help appreciated! ...

ChartNet And Saving Unfinished Reports
Mar 21, 2013

I am new to ChartNet.  I am not finished with a report... and want to shut down my computer and then finish the report in the morning.  But when I try to exit ChartNet it says to delete it or finish it... what do I do.... I want to go to bed, lol.... ...

Daylight Saving Time Question...what Do You Do? TSM Not Much Help. SM
Nov 01, 2014

I am 8 pm to 4 am EST.  Since we fall back tonight, do I stay on until 4 am even though we gain an hour?  or would the 8 hours be up at 3 am  TSM just said work until 8 hours is achieved, but that doesn't tell me what time.  Thanks! ...

QA Inbox After Midnight/spellcheck Not Saving
Feb 28, 2015

Hello, Well at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, I had 99.03%. At noon on 02/28, somehow another QA audit showed up in my inbox. The reason why I distinctly remember this report is because 1) it was one of the last reports I did on 02/26 (notice it took 2 days to get to my inbox), and I laughed hysterically at what ASR put before I changed it during spellcheck (yes I did not catch it until spellcheck). However, I changed it during spellcheck, and lo and behold it never saved. This particular spellcheck no ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

How Do I Transcribe From A Flash Driving Using Existing Usb Foot Pedal
Aug 19, 2013

Word Help, And It Is Going To Drive Me Batty
Apr 27, 2010

if I don't figure this out.  Doing pediatric cardiology with is new to me and can not find anything close to this.  Pt is a 5-1/2 yo who just a secundum ASD repaired.  Patient's intraoperative echo showed no residual ASD, good function and initially she was in a s/l "wee-ge-bog" rhythm which then returned to normal sinus. Thanks!   ...

Problem With External Drive
Jun 09, 2010

HI, I need help and how.  I work on production and cannot afford to be down at all.  I have a HP Pavilion Desktop, XP software, and a West. Digital external drive--My Book Essential 2.0 which is barely 6 mons. old.  About 2 wks. ago, the power tray in the computer failed and was replaced.  He fixed that, returned it, and the computer worked just fine.  It failed again 1 wk. to 2 wks. later.  The tech said the wiring/cords inside were all twisted up.  No one ...

Hard Drive Shot...now What?
Jun 21, 2010

OK, here's the scoop. I am working on an older company-provided Dell running XP that's basically on the very last of its legs (got the blue screen of death this morning but was able to finally get to Windows and into my program). I talked with our IT guy today, and he said to get a new hard drive and have the old info transferred (at my expense, because of new company rules). I work on ChartScript.net and asked if that ran on Vista because I could then use my laptop, our only other com ...

Partitioned Hard Drive
Oct 04, 2011

My old computer is 10-years old and has given me a blue screen 3 times when I am in AOL only.  My computer guy has suggested a rebuilt computer with XP cause that's what I need, or a new computer with a partitioned hard drive.  Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I am not that informed to know if this would work well.  Any experience with or opinion on this would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...