A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hard to take it seriously--sm - Anon

Posted: May 07, 2014

I am actually checking FIESA right now as I was placed on a new account almost 2 weeks ago but I am having a hard time taking these scores seriously as I just saw a report of mine.  I left a blank , I did hear welder but the sentence was poor and I clearly heard retired earlier.  The sentence QA put in is:  He works welder.  I kid you not.  This next paycheck I pay a bill off.  There are things I need some money for and I keep trying to remind myself of that so that I do not just quit on a whim.  I had been having second thoughts about quitting (mainly just about the money) but some how, I am over-coming that and now need to try holding out until November or December.  This weekend I really need to make a plan so I can quit in a better position for my family but it is getting harder and harder every time I log into FIESA.

do not go to fiesa if it stresses you out so much - fiesa free going on 3

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing will happen, believe me. That is, of course, unless you have a micromanaging nazi of a TSM, which I think I may now have as I just got a new TSM and methinks there may be a choppy road ahead.

I am only doing it because I am on training--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
once that is over, I figure I will keep getting e-mails regarding major errors and can stay abreast that way.

Similar Messages:

It Is Just SO Hard To Try And Do My Very Best For
Jul 15, 2014

a company who treats me like garbage.  I get a warning for 2 (yes just 2) reports that have quality issues (they say).  Hmmmm.  Never had this problem before. ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

How Hard Is It Going To Be To Fine A New Job...
Oct 16, 2011

after being fired?   ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

$$ Your Pay, Your Hard Work!
Mar 31, 2012

I am wondering if you all feel like I do, many years as a transcriptionist and the industry has changed so. I used to be able to earn an income that I could live on and now half that amount!  I would like to hear what your paychecks are, the amount of hours you work and is anyone satisfied.  No names, of course, yours or the companies!  I, personally, absolutely kill myself for $10/hour.  For some unnamed companies you are suppose to earn an established amount ...

How Hard Is It To Get A Job Once You've Finished A Course?
May 24, 2012

Hello.  I would like to switch from transcribing to coding.  I'm considering CareerStep.  Would it be very difficult for me to find a job where I work from home, or just finding a job at all?  Thank you. ...

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

Hard To Believe What Mgm Asks You To Do
Jan 13, 2013

This past week editing a report and the dictator was giving the diagnosis. By the way this was an ESL so lots of the voice recognition was wrong to start with, numerous corrections had to be made. The guy started out with 1 and then 2 and dictating away. They then said #6 and I did not hear the numbers in between. I sent instant message telling mgm and was told after the fact I should have divided the categories. I am not a physician, could not differentiate that clearly to start with, the guy c ...

How Hard Is It To Get A TSM Job At Nuance?
Jul 13, 2014

If I have 5 years experience as a transcriptionist and a Bachelors degree in education, do you think I could get a job as a TSM?  I don't have experience as an editor or manager and haven't gotten my CMT so I don't meet all the requirements they list, but I'm wondering how picky they are? ...

New Hard Drives
Aug 07, 2014

I haven't received my new hard drive yet. Are the main programs already loaded on. ...

Hard To Believe The Same Companies
Jan 18, 2015

of being 'fit' places for which to work with actual work for which you'll be paid a fair 'wage,' when oftentimes that is just not the case. There continue to be 'companies' posting repeatedly on the 'Seeker's' board that have no business doing so. There is either little or no work, they do not pay 'on time' if at all, and the wages are sub-standard/subminimum. You are lied to from the moment you have the misfortune to have been "on ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

How Hard Will It Be To Get Job After Not Doing Mt For 14 Years
Feb 13, 2015

How hard do you think it will be to get a job after not doing transcription for 14 years. I have an AAS degree in MT and several years experience, but like I said that was a while back. Just wondering about my possibilities... ...

EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES (SM)
Dec 10, 2009

Can you install a program such as a photo shop or print shop to an external hard drive and use it that way? My computer is a little too full to install another big program on it. Is there any special technique to do this? Thanks ...

GOOD MT's Hard To Find
Jun 14, 2010

WOW, are there any really good MT's out there?  I have tried soooo many MT's.  Several say they are going to work and I make arrangements for my IT people to set them up and they are not available, do not let me know they have changed their mind, do not e-mail me change in plans.  One even had disconnected cell phone a day later.  UNBELIEVEABLE.  These are all people who look fantastic on paper.  I have learned you cannot even trust resumes.  One girl ...

Hard Drive Shot...now What?
Jun 21, 2010

OK, here's the scoop. I am working on an older company-provided Dell running XP that's basically on the very last of its legs (got the blue screen of death this morning but was able to finally get to Windows and into my program). I talked with our IT guy today, and he said to get a new hard drive and have the old info transferred (at my expense, because of new company rules). I work on ChartScript.net and asked if that ran on Vista because I could then use my laptop, our only other com ...

Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am a recent MT graduate.  I have been completing application after application and I either get an email saying that they are looking for 2 or more years experience, they are not currently hiring, or no response at all.  I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to how to go about getting a foot in the door.  I am getting really discouraged and this process is so grueling!! ...

Having Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I have recently completed a MT course.  I am finding it very difficult to find work...I have completed several applications and keep getting emails that say they are looking for more experience, they are not currently hiring, or I get no response at all. I am just looking for some advice from anyone if they have any suggestions about getting into a job. This process is very grueling! ...

How Hard Is It To Hang Up A Phone, Really?
Oct 05, 2010

My ears get so tired of all the banging the doctors do just trying to hang up the dang phone!  I also get tired with all the time I waste having to listen to how nurse Betty's weekend was because the doctor just laid the phone down for 20 minutes instead of hanging up!   ...

Now Transcription Is Hard To Apply To
Jan 22, 2011

I went to their website where I tried to follow directions.  They make it impossible.  They ("Now Transcription") want you to fill out an application through "Accord Human Resources", then save it and email it to them along with your resume.  But the application will not allow anyone to save it, or submit it anywhere as is.  You basically waste your time filling it out just to find out nothing you filled out will be saved.  And there's a huge glitch with the em ...

I Can't Believe I Worked So Hard For So Little Money.
May 20, 2011

I even did overtime and it didn't make a difference in my take home. Maybe it knocked me into a tax bracket :( So much for being rewarded for hard work. I'm going to have to calculate how much extra I can do before it is counterproductive. I had to do that in the past when I worked for a place that actually paid incentive. I discovered that, at a certain line count, I would start losing money. ...

Partitioned Hard Drive
Oct 04, 2011

My old computer is 10-years old and has given me a blue screen 3 times when I am in AOL only.  My computer guy has suggested a rebuilt computer with XP cause that's what I need, or a new computer with a partitioned hard drive.  Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I am not that informed to know if this would work well.  Any experience with or opinion on this would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

How Hard Is It To Learn ER Notes?
Jul 08, 2012

I have 6 years' experience doing acute care, rehab and clinic notes, how hard to you think it would be for me to pick up ER? ...

Why Is It So Hard To Make Money
Jul 14, 2012

I dont understand why you all are having such a hard time making money.  My mom makes good money.  Whats up? ...

How Hard Is It To Make Your $900 Minimum On An
Oct 02, 2012

contemplating an Nuance offer with a pay that sounds almost too good. -- are there any satisfied Nuance MT's out there? ...

If You Are Having A Hard Time This Christmas
Dec 25, 2012

Dolly Parton - Hard Candy Christmas w/Lyrics - YouTube ...

Bonus Really Really Hard To Achieve
Jan 12, 2013

Makes no sense to put us in the cesspool when our primary is backed up as high as Jack & the Beanstalk.  "Magic Beans" is the only bonus I get  ...

How Hard Can It Be For A Physician/dictator To Put In The
Jan 14, 2013

correct patient name/number.  It's really scary the way they screw these things up.  If they would slow down and pay attention to what they are doing, my guess is that it wouldn't happen  nearly as often as it does.  If they would quit overbooking/overloading themselves with patients, then maybe they could slow down enough to properly take care of the patients they have.  It just about blows my mind that we are held to a higher standard than the doctors. ...

Slow Day! Hard To Get Hours In!
Oct 02, 2013

I guess because of the holiday on Monday? ...