A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone successfully used Escription or Dictaphone EXtext/ExEditor with wireless or - yochana

Posted: Jun 17, 2010

satellite internet?  I have heard these were the better VR platforms but I cannot find out if they can be used on wireless or satellite internet.   

See message... - CAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used eScription/EditScript with a Cricket wireless router with what I would call limited success. It did work; however, the length of time to download/upload the jobs was horrific at best. Sometimes it would simply time out and I'd have to exit, go back into the program, and start all over again. I'd keep one eye on the device at all times, because the signal would randomly drop and I didn't want to attempt to upload/download if the connectivity was gone because I was afraid I'd lose the job.

I would say it cut about 35-40% into my overall productivity, so my paycheck really took a beating for awhile (we were having to use the Cricket device awaiting Comcast to get everything installed, and that kept getting delayed).

Can it be done? Yeah, it CAN be done.

Would I recommend it? Only if you have absolutely no other choice. It will slowly drive you mad between the length of time to download/upload, waiting to see if it WILL download/upload before it times out, if the connection is holding, etc. Not to mention the impact on your line count.

Good luck to you, though...Since I've been there, done that, you'll definitely have my sympathy if you're trying to cope with it and retain your sanity, lol!

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Hi All I am currently working on Dictaphone Extext but will be switching to Nuance Escription doing VR on both.  Does anyone have experience on both and willing to compare them.  I'm just wondering if my line count is going to go up or down.  Thanks! ...

Dictaphone ExEditor
Dec 27, 2013

Starting speech rec using ExEditor, care to share your experiences, such as is it user friendly, etc., or whatever info you think I should know. Thanks for sharing. ...

Anyone Who Uses Dictaphone ExEditor Know How To
Jul 19, 2014

attach the cursor to the audio, you know, so it shows that highlighter thingy that moves with the voice file?  Can't find it in the instruction manual I have. Thanks for any info!! ...

How Is Dictaphone's ExEditor Platform?
Jan 14, 2010

I am considering switching jobs.  The company uses Dictaphones ExEditor.  This will be my first experience with VR.  It will be a mix of straight transcription and VR. Can anyone tell me if this is a decent platform. I also use ShortHand. Will this work with ExEditor?  Thank you for any reviews or comments. I realize it is going to be a learning curve but I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire either. ...

Can Someone Help Me With Macros? Dictaphone EXEditor
Aug 29, 2012

I have written some macros to help with certain formatting issues with Dictaphone EXEditor.  However, I cannot get them to "stick" from session to session.  I have to continually create them daily.  How can I get them to SAVE and be available to me even after I sign out and sign on the next day?   Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Dictaphone ExEditor Question
Dec 27, 2013

Starting new job first time speech editing.  Is the ExEditor user friendly?  What has been your experience using it?  Thanks ...

Dictaphone Is Comptatible With Wireless Internet
Nov 03, 2011

Hi there, Will someone be kind enough to teach me whether Dictaphone is comptatible with wireless internet?  The wireless I am referring to is Verizon's broadboad "card" that I pay $50 for per month.  I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer on the internet. Thank you! ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

Both Escription And ExEditor Accounts
Apr 10, 2015

For those of you who are on both Escription and ExEditor accounts, do you get paid a higher amount for editing in ExEditor than Escription?   Thanks!   ...

Companies That Use Dictaphone ExText.
Jun 20, 2010

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this but I'm trying to find a company which is hiring and uses the Dictaphone platform.  I have been using it for at least 5 years and would rather not have to switch and train on another platform at this time. Thanks for any leads. ...

? About Dictaphone ExText And Internet
Apr 06, 2011

I have been offered a part-time position with a company that uses Dictaphone ExText.  With my primary job I have a company provided computer and my high-speed internet is hardwired through my router that is connected to that computer.   I will also need high-speed internet with the part-time position.  I will be working through a VPN.   Do I need to be hardwired to my router or can I work using my wireless router?   Company gave me a list of specs necessar ...

If You Use Dictaphone ExText And Do Both SR And Straight
Apr 07, 2011

transcription will you e-mail me please.   I am in the process of interviewing with a small company that uses this platform and I have questions about my computer being compatible, and it is sort of the blind leading then blind when I ask questions.  I would just like to ask a couple of questions without going back on forth on the boards.  I can't accept the position until I can be sure my setup will work.  ...

Using PC Shorthand With Dictaphone ExText
Aug 11, 2014

I've started with a company that uses ExText.  I use a VPN to access the hospital's computer system.  When I'm connected to their system, it's as though I'm sitting at the hospital in an office while transcribing.  Their ExText comes with its own built-in expander system.  I have used PC Shorthand with every platform I've used up to now.  Is anyone on this board in a similar situation?  Is there a way around the ExText expander so I can ...

Dictaphone/EXText Foot Pedal
Oct 07, 2010

I'm needing to find out if anyone else out there has had trouble/issues with their foot pedal fast fwding the audios sporadically when dealing w/ the Dictaphone/EXText software.  I can't seem to get any tech support from my employment nor find anything about it online.  Just need help finding the right avenue to take.  Anyone had this issue before???  Thanks in advance for your response! ...

Dictaphone ExText - Urgent Assistance Pls!
May 27, 2015

Is Windows 7 Home Premium/Word 2010 compatible with this platform?  They say that Windows 7 Professional/Word 2000, 2003, and 2007 are compatible.  Thanks for your expert assistance!  :)  ...

Dictaphone ExText Foot Pedal: Can It Be Used For Other Programs?
Jan 04, 2011

It's a pedal with just a telephone jack type clip on the main wire,  then there's a small converter piece/cord with a USB plug on the other end to go into the computer.  I tried it on my computer and it doesnt seem to work.   Will this work with other programs or is it proprietary to Dictaphone?   ...

Are There Any Accounts Still Using Dictaphone ExText? Hate ChartScript
Sep 13, 2013

I have been switched to an account using ChartScript since I use a Nuance owned computer which they were not willing to upgrade when my original account went to eScrption and I couldn't afford my own computer.  There are so many more steps to using ChartScript, I'm afraid I won't make any lines! ...

Any Accounts Still Using Dictaphone ExText? Hate ChartScript
Nov 03, 2013

I need to change accounts.  can't afford to buy a new computer.   ...

Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.   THanks ...

Escription Or Dictaphone
Oct 29, 2010

Which is the best platform to work on? I have Dictaphone experience, but have never worked on Escription.  I hear that Escription you can make more money.  Is this true?  Please provide info. ...

EScription & Dictaphone
Oct 02, 2013

Does anyone have information on eScription & Dictaphone?  I see they have posted an ad but I'm not familiar with this company.  I would like to perhaps apply but would like any feedback anyone may have before I send a resume.  ...

Dictaphone Or Escription
Jun 26, 2015

Does Nuance use Dictaphone or Escription or both? Have worked on Dictaphone Ext-Text and liked it. How is Escription different from D-phone?   ...

Dictaphone Versus Escription For VR/SR
Oct 28, 2010

I am curious as to your opinions on Dictaphone versus Escription platforms for speech rec.  Which one can you make the most money on?  Thanks in advance ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

ANYONE GO OUT ON DISABILITY SUCCESSFULLY AFTER 20+ AS AN MT?
Apr 19, 2011

I've been doing this since having an IBM Selectric was the fastest typewriter out there.  I'm under 50, but in the past 6+ years, my neck and back have started killing me.  I went out, spent $800 on a Herman Miller Aeron chair - what a waste of money.  I've been getting epidural steroid injections and had rhizotomies in upper and lower.  MRI shows bone spurs and degeneration.  I applied for SS Disability on my own, and was denied.  I spoke with a lawy ...

Anyone Successfully Using DQS On Windows 7 64-bit?
Jan 22, 2012

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit and would love to use it to work on, but tried yesterday and it wouldn't not work.  It kept saying it needed NET Framework version 2.0 (SP2) downloaded from Microsoft site, which I did, and it still didn't work.  Why can't they come out with DQS 7 yet?  It's already a month past due.  It'd be nice if they could finally get something right! ...

Has Anybody Successfully Transferred To Another POD?
Jan 09, 2015

I'm getting pretty sick of the condescending questions asked ("why didn't you do this" or "why did you do that") by my PC, who I was moved to during the POD initiation and would much rather go back to my old PC, who was awesome, even if I have to leave the accounts I have been typing on for years.  This PC just makes me feel like an idiot. ...

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 6.1 On Windows Vista?
Sep 07, 2010

I haven't tried to install it yet but I'm seeing so many people reporting trouble that I'm afraid to even try.  This is my own computer and it runs Windows Vista.  What are my chances of having the new version 6.1 install without it turning into a nightmare?   ...