A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Slow job downloading - Incompetence is rampant

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

Anybody else sick of DQS sometimes taking forever to download a job and then being told that it is either our computer's fault or our internet connection??  My internet and computer has not changed since this started happening.  However, it did start when they updated DQS, but, of course, that can't be the reason!

It started for me when they merged the different - service areas.

[ In Reply To ..]
They tell me it is my internet connection, but I can download an entire movie in a matter of seconds (high speed digital cable), entire CD's in nanoseconds and audio books in a moment.

Their excuses are full of bunk.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Else Downloading Really Slow Lately?
Jun 10, 2013

Just wondering if it's just me.  I check my net speed online, but it shows I'm downloading everything else that it isn't from the MModal server at normal speed. ...

I'm In, It Is Slow But So Far Uploading And Downloading
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

Job Not Downloading
Jan 14, 2013

First job of the morning and it won't download! ...

Anyone Else Not Downloading?
Jan 22, 2015

tried rebooting but still nothing. ...

DQS Stuck On Downloading A Job?
Feb 19, 2010

Anybody else just have DQS stuck on downloading a job?  Not that it matters much.  I have been on the very edge of NJA this evening and don't think that will last long before I'm out completely.  ...

Uploading And Downloading
Sep 27, 2011

Hi: I am new to Express Scribe and want to know how to upload and then resend completed files.  The instructions state that the file is saved to the C drive. From there one should be able to open and tranctibe the file for resending via the program. Any help would be desparately appreciated since I have one typed document and it is ready to send. Stuck in the middle ...

Downloading Issues
Sep 08, 2012

I'm baffled and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.  I have received a file to download.  When I download it, there is no sound.  I was told that it was muted and that when it was unmuted it could be heard fine.  I use The Record Player and Express Scribe and as far as I can tell, there is no unmute button.  It was then converted to another format and again, I can hear nothing at all on my end, but the person who downloaded it can hear it at his end.  I ...

Jobs Not Downloading
Nov 18, 2012

x ...

Dictation Not Downloading
Apr 02, 2013

Hi Everyone! I am an IC who has been having problems with dictation jobs either partially downloading or not downloading at all. I am using Fusion player. I type in Siemens Syngo Workflow and it locks up also. My employer says it's my modem and just to reset it, which I do, over and over and over. Very frustrating. Just wanted to ask for help from other transcriptionists before I call Time-Warner Cable. Thanks a bunch! ...

Reports Are Not Downloading. Nm
Dec 15, 2014

nm ...

Downloading Problems
Jan 01, 2015

I transcribe in Bayscribe and get dictation from BeyondTxT. For the past month, I have been having problems with downloading very slow and timing out, not being able to connect to BeyondTxT. Is anyone having these problems?  Talked with NuanceTech Support and cable company.  Getting to the point I can't work. Also, anyone have any suggestions for internet from other companies. The problem is:  The area where I live only has MediaCom.  All others are satellite interne ...

Anyone Having Trouble??? My Reports Are Not Downloading??
May 21, 2010

NM ...

Jobs Downloading But NO AUDIO. Sm
Dec 06, 2010

Oh man, at first I thought it was the headphones MQ gave us last year, but it wasn't.  Got my Bose headphones and they are fine.  It is just DQS not having any audio.   This is South region.  Bah Humbug.  Okay Mustang, so flame me.  Please, I want to do my job!!! ...

Problems Downloading Jobs
Dec 04, 2012

Is anybody else working at this this time and having problems downloading jobs?  We have been having internet problems so not sure if it is from that or MM's system?  Thanks!  ...

No Jobs Downloading Without Message Of NJA
Jan 02, 2013

NM ...

Jobs Downloading Only 1 At A Time
Jan 15, 2013

Anyone else working the TE++ account or any account for that matter have their downloaded jobs go from downloading 2 at a time to only 1 at a time with no explanation? ...

Slllloooooooooooooow Downloading Jobs?
Apr 21, 2013

Driving me crazy...............crazier ...

Cannot Finish Downloading Jobs
Apr 07, 2015

The platform is giving me fits right now, as of 4 p.m.  I download a job, it gets halfway through the download and tells me to either abandon or break, cannot download, this has happened to 4 jobs now.  Anyone else having issues with the platform as of 4 p.m.? ...

To Those Having DQS Issues With Jobs Downloading Slowly Sm
Feb 18, 2010

Have you been able to identify any kind of a pattern such as long jobs versus short, times of the day, etc.? ...

Anyone Having Trouble Completely Downloading MT Stars
Aug 17, 2013

Bobo ...

Norton Antivirus Blocking Downloading DQS. Nm
Mar 30, 2014

nm ...

Downloading The Free 30-day Trial Of Instant Text
Jan 09, 2012

I am downloading the free 30-day trial of Instant Text.  I thought that you could pay so much per year to use Instant Text, but the only thing I see for paying said $189 to buy it.  Maybe I am mistaken, and it was another expander I'm thinking of.  Anybody know?  TIA :) ...

Medical Reports Downloading Into Your Music Library For Ipod
Jun 17, 2013

I have a medical report from a hospital that downloaded into my music library for my Ipod.  Even if I check the box that I don't want it, it will still download again whenever the IPod is plugged back in.  Now granted some doctors have a really sexy voice (you know what I mean), but you still can't dance to it.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I know this has to be a HIPPA violation since the name of the patient, MRN and everything else is given at the beginn ...

Slow DQS
Feb 03, 2010

I would still like to hear from more of you about whether or not you have problems with DQS being slow.  Today was one of the worst days I have ever had.  I recently spent over 3 hours with support but no one has a definitive answer.  I can tell you all that when Kaspersky does a virus scan, you cannot work at all.  You may not even be able to get into Schedule Source to sign out.  No one in tech support can tell whether it is my computer, my DSL, or some other reason an ...

DQS Slow?
Aug 01, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with DQS moving slowly this morning?  It's taking forever for the few jobs trickling in to download, ADT searches to run, etc.  I've been having some internet issues, so I'm not sure if it's me or DQS. Thanks! ...

DQS Slow
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else noticing reports loading very slowly on DQS ...

Slow Work?
Oct 14, 2009

Is anyone else slow? So far this week I've had less then 40 small reports. ...

DQS Slow Or Not Working?
Feb 17, 2010

Is DQS having a problem today?  I cant download a report. ...

Seems Strange That Everything In MQ Is So Slow.
Apr 13, 2010

Every site having to do with MQ is as slow as molasses.  Other Internet sites whiz along.  Trying to check MQ E-mail, clock in, etc. is always a draaaaaaaaggggg.  Is it their equipment or poor IT I wonder?  Either way, once again makes you wonder about their accuracy on any of our numbers.  Does their software "catch" everything or are some of my lines are flying past while it is dragging like a snail?   ...

Slow MT Transcription
Oct 14, 2010

Hi all, I am a new transcriptionist.  I have a job with a very small company that's doing transcription for a group of hospitals in Florida.  The lady who hired me is so nice.  She is training me and I am producing a quality product, but I am so slow!  I'm averaging about 100 lines per hour because I have to look some things up or the doctors take such long breaks to look things up in the record in front of them.  Also, the doctors tend to say one thing and the ...