A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Belkin router/VPN dropping connect help - Frances

Posted: Sep 17, 2011

I transcribe for a large hospital from home through their VPN connection.  I use a router at home, and keep getting disconnected from the VPN, am pretty sure it's the router.  Anyone have any luck with a particular brand of router and VPN, I've heard Linkskys might be better?  My broad band company nor my tech support at work "do not support routers" so if I want to use one, I'm on my own.  Have called Belkin, will call again, but just thought I'd ask on this site.  Thanks 

Went through something similar - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked using a VPN, too, and when I had satellite installed (we didn't have HS cable then), they installed a Belkin router. It was fine for a month or two and then started doing that and died w/in 3 months. I got a Netgear fairly cheap on Amazon, have had it for appx 3 yrs, and haven't had one problem. I hated Belkins tech support, too. Good luck!

I ahve a Belkin too, with same problem - but not all the time. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
sometimes one job more than another - seems to be a VPN clash under the guise of security, which really is always taken to the point of rediculously overboard.

at any rate - would appreciate the information myself. In the meantime, next time I'm at Best Buy, I'll ask there, and will google for an answer, becuase when this house sells...on the road, baby. Job and all.

Belkin router dropping connection - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
1 - Contact your service provider to check what are the proper MTU settings for your router.

Open your router settings and check that MTU (maximum transmission unit) corresponds with your service provider specs.

2 - Give frequent reboots to router approx. one reboot every 24 hours.

3 - Clear the cache and delete any temporary files on your computer.

HTH.

Similar Messages:

Router?
Sep 15, 2010

It seems I've isolated my problem with losing connection to I/N to my router. I currently have a D-link.  If I am to replace this, is there a better one to get, or certain features to look for?  thanks. ...

A Question About Using A Router...
Oct 22, 2009

I am NO computer geek by any stretch of the imagination.  I have 2 computers but use the same monitor, keyboard and mouse.  To switch from one to the other, I would need a router, correct?  A friend suggested a Linksys router.  Is installing a router relatively easy to do?  Sorry, this is probably a "dumb" question especially to all you computer wizards, but I've never used more than 1 computer before.  ...

Question About Router....
Oct 25, 2009

I'm soon going to be working for a company who provides their computer and I also have my own desktop computer.  Of course I want to be able to use my own computer and also have internet to the work computer.   My question is, can I go ahead and purchase a router, install it on my own computer, and then when the work computer gets here just hook it up to that computer also?  Do I need to have both computers here at the same time before I install the router on my own ...

Please Help, Wireless Router Issue Sm
Jan 02, 2010

I have a wireless router that I hooked up when I had my old computer.  I have since bought a new computer and trying to set up my router with it and get all the through the set up process, except at the end it tells me "Let support know you are setting up a router, were asked to manually input your internet account info, but your ISP did not accept that info" Now I did call tech support (Belkin) and I had a really hard time understanding them.  I ended up just hanging up.  She h ...

Why Is IC Pay Dropping So Low?
Sep 23, 2010

Traditionally, IC positions have always paid better than employee positions since the IC company doesn't have to bear the employer's cost of taxes, benefits, etc. But, I've noticed lately that companies hiring ICs are offering extremely low pay, usually somewhere between 7 to 8 cpl.  There's a company advertising on the board now for an IC at 7.5 cpl.  I've applied with a few companies recently and with the companies who hire employees, I've been offered ...

Dropping A Zero
Feb 15, 2013

In lab results, should the zero be dropped if dictated?  ex:  ANC 1.0, PST 3.0, etc. ...

Pay Scale Dropping
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone else notice the pay scale is dropping for transcription to 7 cpl being standard now??? Was 8 cpl not low enough. Why are we accepting this??? Come on MTSO?  What's up with that?    ...

Score Just Keeps Dropping
Aug 21, 2013

No matter how hard I try these days I cannot get my accuracy back to what it has been for years. I always maintained 99% or higher, mostly always right at 100% but now I cannot even get to 98% with everyone they keep marking me off for.  It has gotten ridiculous.  I have never ever had this many reports audited and marked for not having an s at the end of a word.  So disheartening when I feel I am doing so good.  Been at this for a very long time and never had anything like t ...

Benefit Rate Dropping Again
Jan 12, 2010

For those of us that are still hanging on by a thread, did your benefit rate fall?  I just got my letter...lost another $1.  I know that doesn't seem much but over the last few changes I have lost $5...just keeps going down.  I guess I shouldn't care...I have had to use all of my PTO to make up time.  I am probably going to be performance managed (or fired, not sure) because my CCM said we could clock in and out all day to keep from putting in NJA tickets (so we wou ...

Monthly Bonus Dropping
Feb 26, 2010

Has anyone else been seeing a gradual yet substantial drop in monthly bonus amounts?  Anyone know what the "pool" amount is these days or is that still top secret? ...

With The MT Salaries STILL Dropping To Below Minimum Sm
Jan 07, 2014

wage and at the same time that insurance costs & deductibles are rising, more and more MTs are now working only for some semblance of (overpriced) insurance ... There is virtually nothing left that can be called "salary". ...

Cannot Connect
Nov 22, 2010

I am trying to work on a laptop with XP b/c of travel.  I got DocQ to download, but it says "fail to connect."  Does anyone have experience with what setting I may have wrong, etc. to fix this? ...

Cannot Connect To DQS!
Feb 15, 2012

Just came back from my lunch break and cannot connect.  ...

Can't Connect
Jun 26, 2012

I can't get connected to DQscribe.  Anyone else having trouble? ...

Still Can't Connect
Jul 10, 2012

Am I the only one who still can't connect.  I can see the backlog going down, so I know people are working....but iI still get the 'failed to connect' error. ...

Im In A Job Now But Can't Connect To
Jun 02, 2015

Please be a crash, please be a crash... ...

Cannot Connect To Database
Jun 11, 2012

is anyone else having a problem connecting to patient database? ...

DQS Problems? I'm Unable To Connect
Sep 15, 2010

Try to log in and it sits for a few minutes and then says unable to connect??  Anyone else?? ...

Unable To Connect To DocQScribe
Oct 07, 2010

First I was kicked off and now I can't reconnect to DocQScribe.  I made a ticket and will try back in a bit.  Anyone else have any idea as to what other hoops I should jump through? ...

DQS Problems? Says Failed To Connect
Nov 04, 2010

Can't get in.  Keeps saying failed to connect.  Anyone else? ...

My Mmodal Email 'can't Connect'. Anyone Else?
Apr 10, 2012

x ...

I Just Started My Shift And Getting "failed To Connect" At
Jan 11, 2013

8:30 pm Central time.  Is it me or is the system still down? ...