A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

router? - sm

Posted: Sep 15, 2010

It seems I've isolated my problem with losing connection to I/N to my router. I currently have a D-link.  If I am to replace this, is there a better one to get, or certain features to look for?  thanks.

Snow Bunny - ask your ISP provider what they recommend nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

A Question About Using A Router...
Oct 22, 2009

I am NO computer geek by any stretch of the imagination.  I have 2 computers but use the same monitor, keyboard and mouse.  To switch from one to the other, I would need a router, correct?  A friend suggested a Linksys router.  Is installing a router relatively easy to do?  Sorry, this is probably a "dumb" question especially to all you computer wizards, but I've never used more than 1 computer before.  ...

Question About Router....
Oct 25, 2009

I'm soon going to be working for a company who provides their computer and I also have my own desktop computer.  Of course I want to be able to use my own computer and also have internet to the work computer.   My question is, can I go ahead and purchase a router, install it on my own computer, and then when the work computer gets here just hook it up to that computer also?  Do I need to have both computers here at the same time before I install the router on my own ...

Please Help, Wireless Router Issue Sm
Jan 02, 2010

I have a wireless router that I hooked up when I had my old computer.  I have since bought a new computer and trying to set up my router with it and get all the through the set up process, except at the end it tells me "Let support know you are setting up a router, were asked to manually input your internet account info, but your ISP did not accept that info" Now I did call tech support (Belkin) and I had a really hard time understanding them.  I ended up just hanging up.  She h ...

Belkin Router/VPN Dropping Connect Help
Sep 17, 2011

I transcribe for a large hospital from home through their VPN connection.  I use a router at home, and keep getting disconnected from the VPN, am pretty sure it's the router.  Anyone have any luck with a particular brand of router and VPN, I've heard Linkskys might be better?  My broad band company nor my tech support at work "do not support routers" so if I want to use one, I'm on my own.  Have called Belkin, will call again, but just thought I'd ask on t ...