A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dropping a zero - sm

Posted: Feb 15, 2013

In lab results, should the zero be dropped if dictated?  ex:  ANC 1.0, PST 3.0, etc.

I would leave it... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Checked the BOS and can't find anything on lab values, but you do keep it for specific gravity etc, so I personally would leave it. HTH!

trailing zero - BOS III - research

[ In Reply To ..]
When whole numbers are dictated, do not add a decimal point and trailing zero, especially with drug dosage references, because of their potential to be misread. It also indicates a degree of specificity that, if not dictated, was not intended by the originator.

However, when the decimal point and zero following a whole number are dictated to emphasize the preciseness of a measurement, e.g., of a pathology specimen or a laboratory value, transcribe them as dictated. Do not, however, insert the decimal piont and zero if they are not dictated.

Page 242-243

if dictated one point zero, transcribe 1.0! - do not drop the zero

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Why Is IC Pay Dropping So Low?
Sep 23, 2010

Traditionally, IC positions have always paid better than employee positions since the IC company doesn't have to bear the employer's cost of taxes, benefits, etc. But, I've noticed lately that companies hiring ICs are offering extremely low pay, usually somewhere between 7 to 8 cpl.  There's a company advertising on the board now for an IC at 7.5 cpl.  I've applied with a few companies recently and with the companies who hire employees, I've been offered ...

Pay Scale Dropping
Oct 22, 2010

Does anyone else notice the pay scale is dropping for transcription to 7 cpl being standard now??? Was 8 cpl not low enough. Why are we accepting this??? Come on MTSO?  What's up with that?    ...

Score Just Keeps Dropping
Aug 21, 2013

No matter how hard I try these days I cannot get my accuracy back to what it has been for years. I always maintained 99% or higher, mostly always right at 100% but now I cannot even get to 98% with everyone they keep marking me off for.  It has gotten ridiculous.  I have never ever had this many reports audited and marked for not having an s at the end of a word.  So disheartening when I feel I am doing so good.  Been at this for a very long time and never had anything like t ...

Benefit Rate Dropping Again
Jan 12, 2010

For those of us that are still hanging on by a thread, did your benefit rate fall?  I just got my letter...lost another $1.  I know that doesn't seem much but over the last few changes I have lost $5...just keeps going down.  I guess I shouldn't care...I have had to use all of my PTO to make up time.  I am probably going to be performance managed (or fired, not sure) because my CCM said we could clock in and out all day to keep from putting in NJA tickets (so we wou ...

Monthly Bonus Dropping
Feb 26, 2010

Has anyone else been seeing a gradual yet substantial drop in monthly bonus amounts?  Anyone know what the "pool" amount is these days or is that still top secret? ...

With The MT Salaries STILL Dropping To Below Minimum Sm
Jan 07, 2014

wage and at the same time that insurance costs & deductibles are rising, more and more MTs are now working only for some semblance of (overpriced) insurance ... There is virtually nothing left that can be called "salary". ...

Belkin Router/VPN Dropping Connect Help
Sep 17, 2011

I transcribe for a large hospital from home through their VPN connection.  I use a router at home, and keep getting disconnected from the VPN, am pretty sure it's the router.  Anyone have any luck with a particular brand of router and VPN, I've heard Linkskys might be better?  My broad band company nor my tech support at work "do not support routers" so if I want to use one, I'm on my own.  Have called Belkin, will call again, but just thought I'd ask on t ...