A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance QA - Can't wait to leave this company! - Cannot wait to leave

Posted: Sep 10, 2012

Can't wait to leave this company!  Their QA staff are the true pits of hell, I'll tell ya. 

what happened?? - multitasker

[ In Reply To ..]
What did they do to you?? They can ruin your day I know that. If I really work and concentrate and go over each account with a fine tooth comb then my LPH drops and I get yelled at and if I don't do that then my QA suffers and they take off for commas and the word "and" not put in a place!! You can't win

I totally agree - You cannot win with Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Same ole - Same ole

[ In Reply To ..]
They just really suck. One line of one of my reports did not have the ly at the end of it and they took of 1 whole point with it, and the whole sentence looked fine and it could have gone either way. I'm just so sick of them, doing this crap on poverty wage. I'm starting up something else so very soon this company kiss my behind as I'll be gone!

The end of the quarter is near, so watch out. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Every quarter I am just over 99% until the last 2 weeks of the quarter and then suddenly, bye bye bonus.

your not the only - one..

[ In Reply To ..]
I do something the way one QA/QC and TL tells me to do it and then i'm "scolded" by another QA/QC and TL that I did it wrong. Its just whatever anymore with them. You can't win no matter what you do. On my account, you will get 1-3 points off (depending who QA'd your work) just for not capitalizing the department name, such as Radiological Department, which is only capitalized in certain situations. Since there are so many different situations, sorry for the one mistake...at least the word is there and it certainly does not hurt patient care at all. They are sad, sad, angry people working in this department.

VR - just does not work and most places starting to rea

[ In Reply To ..]
There are too many problems with it, and they rely heavily on people to correct this crap. I think when you're a transcriptionist that this is way less error prone.

VR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if the speaker is correctly checked out to be on VR (they have gone through the training and the VR "learns" them), then you have speakers signed into other speakers' IDs (NPs for dr, resident for signing physician, etc) or bad connections where the VR does not capture what is being dictated.

MT editors are all that's holding MTSOs' business - together. India & VR cant cut it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
without us. And yet we just lie there and take the crap they keep dishing out to us. If we all quit, how exactly do they think they're going to get the India/VR transcripts, that are pure garbage in their raw form, cleaned up enough to be client-ready? If we didn't do this work, all MTSOs that use India/VR would lose all their clients. And yet we settle for 3-4 cpl?
Good Luck to all of them as we fade out of this profession. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on my way out as well as hundreds of other MTs. All that will be left are Indians and newbies. You get what you pay for.
VR/India - JNS
[ In Reply To ..]
It is really annoying, when you KNOW for a fact that whatever company you're working for is outsourcing 50% (or more) and that those reports are held to a much lower QA standard... definitely not right! The MT world needs to make up their mind if they want the high quality with grammar persnicketiness (LOL), or jump on the VR train where it HURTS to edit more, and throw the old rules out the window; they can't have it both ways. (Or I guess they can and we'll just keep settling for less and less pay for the comfort of working in jammies *sigh*)

QA - newmag

[ In Reply To ..]
What percentage is the MT supposed to meet and how many VR lines per hour required?

QA - multitasker

[ In Reply To ..]
you are supposed to have at least 186 LPH and be over 99% basically QA. I normally make the LPH with no problem but lately the jobs I have been getting are very long and most is filled with the doctor talking to himself or shuffling papers so I spend so much wasted time which affects my LPH and then I get a nastygram saying that my LPH are not where they need to be. I don't understand how they can penalize us for the doctors and the way they dictate. I don't cherry pick - I have no control over who I get and I type whoever I get to the best of my ability but today was a horrible day - started off like that and I could never recover my line count due to these types of dictators

Similar Messages:

I Can't Wait To Leave This Behind
Jul 27, 2012

I may miss working at home but I am so not going to miss transcription, and if they really want to hand it over to the Indians it won't be my problem anymore.  My god some of the reports I've seen, and if they don't care I don't either. ...

Does This Company Ever Leave Their Employees Alone
Apr 27, 2013

Enough with the emails. I wake up to 10+ emails every day and then get numerous more throughout the day.  Raise your accuracy, raise your line counts, lower your MUP, you were 1 hour short of 40 hours, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! Sorry, I'm not sending your contested error through, it stands! Ohh and then the phone calls... blah blah blahhhhhhhhh OMG! I just want to work. Why won't you leave me alone?!  ...

FIRED DURING COMPANY-APPROVED LEAVE OF ABSENCE...IS THIS LEGAL?
May 28, 2013

I was "terminated" after within 1 week of my company-approved (FMLA) leave of absence.  The excuse they used was that my company "could not accommodate" a leave of absence for the extended period of time that I would be out of work.  I needed the extended leave of absence because I had CMC arthroplasty with pin placement.  My surgeon gave me a written note that stated I would be in a hand cast for 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of physical therapy, and he would not ...

Is It Possible To Get A Leave Of Absence From Nuance?
Jun 18, 2013

Is it possible to get a leave of absence from Nuance?  Has anyone done this?  Any info is appreciated.  ...

Sit And Wait, Sit And Wait. Glad I Didn't Quit My Other Job
Feb 04, 2015

, ...

Wonder Why The Left? Says Both "decided To Leave The Company"...
Jun 04, 2013

Think they really left of their own volition or they were ousted by the board? ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

Nuance Company:
Jun 22, 2011

Word on the street: Nuance has acquired Webmedx - No official announcement but am hearing this from multiple sources. ...

Nuance And Leaving The Company
Jul 19, 2012

I am looking to soon leave Nuance and was wondering if they were going to try and convince me to stay when I give notice. Thanks ...

Nuance Is The Worst Company Ever
May 08, 2014

I HATE THIS COMPANY!  Just needed to vent.  ...

Is There A Company Worse Than Nuance?
May 29, 2014

But not sure if I should stay with Nuance, a known evil company, or take a chance going to an unknown evil company. ...

Nuance Company Song
Jun 24, 2014

how about ...

Nuance Company Website
May 17, 2015

Has anybody gone to the Nuance website? The site regarding prospective employees that they expect top-notch, quality blah blah and in return, they will "provide financial and professional rewards." What is the financial and professional reward, I wonder? Um, minimal wages. What is the professional reward? There is no raises ever and no career advancement. They got to be more specific and not just empty talk. ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

Which Company (not MModal) Is The Competition For Nuance?
Jan 13, 2015

I want to work for their biggest competitor and hopefully help in taking contracts away from Nuance and causing them to feel the financial losses that we have been feeling for quite some time. There has to be some company who is growing fast and obtaining some of their clients.  Anyone? ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Nuance Testing Compared To Other Company Tests, Ie Softscript.
Mar 21, 2012

I have taken so many tests lately with probably dozens of companies.  I am wondering how you feel about Nuance tests and if it is harder or easier than the other companies.  I personally thought Softscript test was kind of hard, compared with Nuance.  Some of the transcription audio files were a little hard with mumbling and fast talking dictators, but really not bad when compared to others.   Hopefully I might be hired with Nuance, so no more testing, I hope.  I ha ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

NJA 15 Min Wait/pay
Jun 16, 2010

When you get NJA and you wait the 15 minutes, how is that reflected on your pay check.  I think I have not been paid for these for a while cause I never look at my pay stub.  My fault I know, but I just want to be aware going forward and not sure what the entry for the pay is.  ...

But Wait! There's More!
Aug 26, 2010

Do you have a flair for the English language?   Are you at least proficient in English?  How about good listening skills?  Know anything at all about American culture or accents?  GREAT!  Just WALK IN off the streets of HYDERABAD and be a real live American medical transcriptionist. Don't know English, much less American English?  THAT'S OK!  We'll just train you, lickety-split! p.s.  Typing and knowing how to ...

We Will Just Have To Wait And See What Happens
Apr 27, 2012

on 05/01, but it could be that MTSOs really are going to let go those who strike or play sick and give those of us that did not a good pay raise! ...

I Cannot Wait To
Feb 28, 2013

start my new job and eventually leave MModal after I dig out of my hole.  I wished that when this all started back in October I would have started looking then.  Oh well will be 2 jobbing it for awhile.  I read some of the posts on MModal board lately and this company has people crazed with all the fighting and name calling going on.  It is depressing.  It should not matter if you are pro or con MModal we are all people.  Gosh, with this company it could be fe ...

Do We Log Out Or Just Sit Here And Wait? Nm
Nov 03, 2014

NM ...