A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sounds like "CT duke-added" drainage--help? - mgkim

Posted: Jul 09, 2011

Can anyone help?  The doctor sounds like he is saying "CT duke-added" drainage".  He is talking about diverticulitis that has extended into the perirectal tissues and abscessed. 

Thanks, Mary

CT-guided drainage? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

dark-colored drainage? - diana

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the CT part would be, though.

please give the entire sentence - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]

sounds like "CT duke-drainage" help - mkim

[ In Reply To ..]
The doctor was saying that the diverticuli had "necessitated into the perianal tissues and thus required (sounded like) "CT duke-added drainage"...?? Maybe he just slipped an extra syllable in there..could be CT guided, as others have suggested? Thanks for help!

Similar Messages:

Sounds Like "sassy" Tube (for Wound Drainage)
Dec 07, 2012

Ever heard of "sassy" tube or sauci ? tube (for wound drainage).  Thanks in advance. ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

New CCM And MORE Accounts Added
Oct 28, 2012

How much do they expect us to remember?  this is crazy, keep piling them on..I would rather be out of work and do NOTHING then wade through more profiles... ...

Conglomerate Added Approximately 6 New
Oct 04, 2010

That is what I have done most of the morning.  No cheat sheets, nothing in Repository, no prior reports to look at.  Got a surgeon talking 90 miles an hour.  I have about 12 QA markers so far.  Will re-listen to it and try to hear ANYTHING else.  Straight typing -- but all I am doing is giving ASR some reports to go by and then it will be all ASR as the others have been, so I am TRAINING ASR for the account.  I can't send these things through or my behind will ...

How Is System Time Added Up?
Jul 11, 2012

Dear MT got a review complaining about several things, but the mystery one is "System time is 5 hrs longer than time clock time" and words like "bad because it makes it look like you are working off-the-clock". Okay... how do you stop the 'system time' clock?  Stop typing?  Does the clock stop when you upload, start when you download? Stop if you leave Docqscribe? Stop if you step out for a Google/email/look up a reference? Stop only if you log out of everything? She was in ...

Mistakes Added To Reports By QA?
Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA! ...

I Am So Sick Of All The Added Text!
Jan 24, 2014

MM ASR stinks royally!!!!! This neurology consultation is so full of made-up output, I just might F11 it (oh goody, I will then get to hear from the QAM). It has added so much 'canned text' and text that matches other information in the report that it is sickening. I can't wait until I am out of here!!! I graduate from paralegal school next Wednesday, and I sure hope I can get a job fast. Hopefully, someone will hire a newbie. Fingers crossed. ...

Horrible Dictators Being Added To SR.
Jun 10, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that I know that ultimately this is what we're here for, to train the systems to understand every dictator.  With that being said, has anyone else noticed that some of the dictators who have been purely straight transcription for years (while all of their colleagues are on speech wreck) are now on speech as well?   These are doctors that without several paragraphs stored in your expander program, there is no way you could understand what they are say ...

T-mask (?) Added To Increas Oxygenation
Sep 05, 2010

I've never heard of a T-mask.  Is that correct?  The sentence reads:   O2 sat initially was 83%.  She was placed on oxygen with increase in O2 sat to a mere 90, and then T-mask was added.   It sounds just like T mask, but I can't find that anywhere.  Is that correct? ...

Transcend Lawsuit - SS Been Added As A Defendant Yet
Jun 08, 2012

us on the lawsuit and companies who are defendants and has SS been added as a defendant yet. ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

Drainage From A Leg Wound
Dec 30, 2009

Sounds like the doctor says P. Acmuesachia, NES????  Does anyone know a good web site to find out things like culture and sensitivity?  Thanks :) ...

Incision And Drainage
Jan 13, 2011

Pulsavac irrigation with TAZ? Is TAZ correct? ...

Chlorin Drainage?
Oct 08, 2011

chlorin drainage??? ...

Elosin Drainage?
Oct 12, 2011

Patient had a colon resection - thanks so much ...

S/l Vector Drainage Bag (CSF)
Oct 25, 2012

CT Guided Drainage
Jan 13, 2013

Has anyone heard of "CT deep guided drainage" ? ...

Breast Aug Drainage
Dec 09, 2013

I managed to squeak through the rest, but the drainage at the end stumps me.   "Prior to closure, *15 round Foley colluded blade* drains are brought out through lateral stab incisions secured with 2-0 nylon suture."  Thanks!  ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Perirectal Tissues Requiring CT S/l (thick Headed Drainage)
Aug 29, 2010

Perirectal tissues requiring CT s/l (thick headed drainage) ...

Tonsils And Adenoids Problem S/l Clerbitous Postnasal Drainage
Nov 05, 2010

Patient is having evaluation for tonsils and adenoids.  Doc says:  "Patient had a s/l clerbitous postnasal drainage. No mass or lesion noted in the oral cavity." He speaks really fast, so this might even be "clear something nasal drainage." I'm just not sure what this might be. Any ideas? Thanks. And the "a" could just be a pause. Again, not sure.   ...

Catheter Position In Biliary Drainage Tube Measured At "stop Cot" ?
Jun 15, 2011

The brachytherapy catheter position was verified at 47 cm into the biliary drainage tube measured at the " stop cot".  ?? ...

Ok, Maybe Im Exhausted, But Typing A Report Where The Wound Has "pussy Drainage." SM
Nov 16, 2009

I mean I must have come across this before and if I have and have typed pussy drainage, I guess I never really thought it sounded funny... but tonight it does and Im totally confused.  With pus translate to pussy when describing a wound's drainage?  Or should I change it to pus-like drainage? ...

Rectal Fistula Sl "phaeton Drainage"
Mar 17, 2010

Tp has a rectal fistula.  "phaeton, feton, theton" drainage was attempted. TIA ...

Sounds Like......
May 19, 2010

The CT scan of the head reported that there was atrophy noted in the ceverac node spaces in the frontal lobes.   ceveractnode ... ceverac node ... severac node... why can I not figure this one out. LOL ...

Sounds Like He Is Saying I Gap 9
Jul 16, 2010

Under laboratory date it sounds like he is saying I gap 9, what would that be? I was thinking anion gap (AGAP) but the value seemed extremely high. ...

(s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* Sounds..........SM
Aug 23, 2011

Blood pressure was 96/40, although, I could hear (s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* sounds all the way down to 0.(s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* sounds ...

Sounds Like Q-fed.
Feb 28, 2012

Possibly a feeding tube?  She does have a PEG tube.  Need to know the reference, too, please.  I know I've had this term before, but I can't remember where I found it. ...

Sounds Like T-var
Nov 22, 2013

help with word sounds like t-var   ...

Sounds Like
Dec 05, 2014

The physician states " at any ventirm" (thats what it sounds like), her outlook is much more positive.    It sounds like he saying at any , In any,    sounds like innnneeeeveennntermmmm????? cld somebody please help me out?? ...