A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fiesa CRAP - medtype

Posted: Nov 19, 2013

I just love all these minor errors of missing an - "of" or "a" at 0.25.  This does not change the meaning of the sentence, and I bet if you put them in when they are NOT there, you would get marked off for that too.  This is crap, especially if you have a small report and it all adds up, knocking your score down.  I have been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything so petty.  Especially now with Voice Rec, how would they like it if we weren't here and they were stuck with the dictation that the Voice Rec picks up.  Just a little venting, but sick and tired of this.

25+ years here too and no complaint from - any hospital or doctor

[ In Reply To ..]
in all my years doing this. Plus, what about all of the 100s of reports that don't go through Fiesa audit and go right to the client? Client feedback on my reports in Fiesa is zero, none, zilch. So I guess I can't be all that bad.

I rarely send anything to QC and have at least 90% ESL dictators on my accounts. . .there are some horrid ones too. In fact, I noticed that a report I completed for a new ESL dictator ended up as the sample report. Huh, but I'm at 98.6%?

I remember when a difficult ESL hospital went live and there was what Transcend called SWAT teams that were chosen to make a good impression on the client. Yep, I was on that SWAT team and did the very first report for that account when it did go live. So, not that bad at what I do I'd say to be chosen for that.

I will never get the bonus and I have never expected it. Too much stress to try and get it so forget it.

Fiesa shattered my confidence at first. Now I sign in, look at the crap, sign it off with a big fat X and sign out. I check it twice a week and no more since it's unpaid time.

I know I'm good at what I do and no picky little program is going to take that away from me.

crap - medtype

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what you mean, something so petty as this and you get dinged for everything. There is this 1 account that I have, 100% review dictator, does not say WHAT type of report it is, but if you don't figure it out, you get dinged. The doctors are the ones that put in the info, yet we are the ones that get crucified for little mistakes. I also have never had complaints from any doctors or hospitals that I have ever worked for, have never gotten fired from any job and my QA scores are 99% and above usually, but every little ding keeps bringing this down - so like you, now I don't care anymore, look, X and out.

I don't even look anymore. Screw 'um. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I can hardly stand working for 4 cents let alone wasting my time looking at FIESA or anything else they want us to do UNPAID.
fiesa etc - 7thchild
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I'm going to be yelled at again soon for not checking. What good does it do? Do you ever get one that what you typed and what the correction was, is the same? And you're like, huh? The fact that we are all separated and at home and can't really talk to us is in their favor. My friend once said, we are all MUSHROOMS. In other words, they keep us in the dark and covered in BULL----!

FIASCO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly, I don't care if they yell at me, I'm not looking at FIESA unless they pay me. Already paid so little to clean up voice wreck that it's ridiculous. I refuse to be bombarded with "made up" errors. This place doesn't have a clue.
FIESA - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I read somewhere a while back that FIESA visits were included in our time. Now they say not. How can they require us or say it's mandatory and not compensate for it. It's like they keep cramming ENRICH down our throats and that is non-compensatory too? I didn't know this was going to be like a correspondence learning experience. To top it off I had a question for my supervisor a few weeks ago. Answer? (not verbatim) Put what you think needs to go there, leave a comment if you want and pend if you think it needs to be pended. Read feedback from QC. So, I'm now learning by dings. It's like being pecked to death by a duck! Dinged if we do and dinged if we don't.

My account is 95% ESL too, and get this....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My post-audit is done by offshore QA, and one in particular has chosen the SAME horrifying ESL dictator reports from my queue to pick apart for more than 2 weeks now. He or she has marked me off because HE/SHE can't understand what the dictator said and thinks what I have transcribed/edited is wrong!! Really?!? I too was one of the "chosen ones" for Transcend when this account went live for the very first time and I've been on it ever since, WAY LONGER than the idiot offshore who is auditing my reports. This person has not only marked me off because THEY had to blank things like vital signs they couldn't understand or WHATEVER it was they "couldn't quite hear" but has marked me off for using punctuation in the incorrect place (according to their rules), not putting a period after a medication name in a LIST of medications, and so many things that by the time this particular offshore QA person was done with the report, my score was like 96%. Ridiculous!!

Prime example right here (and this is a report that I had to transcribe because it did not go through voice recognitiion):

Dictated: There is some gallbladder wall thickening.

CORRECTED TO: There is a gallbladder wall thickening.

Now that is an error right there, don't you think? In my opinion, if the QA person is having such a difficult time understanding the damn doctor on this account, he/she SHOULD NOT be auditing the report AT ALL. Good grief, I should know exactly what the physician dictates since I have been doing this account and the VERY SAME DOCTORS for so long. Now I have little newbie, red pen happy, OFFSHORE person marking my report all up like he/she is grading 1st grade spelling tests and isn't even a certified teacher.

I've had them correct to weird things like that, too. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
it's pretty obvious the QA is ESL. I haven't had a post-audit in over 10 days and my QA score is coming up, just right under 99%, so I will be getting a flurry of 1-minute progress notes by the dictator from hell audited in the next few days. Pretty obvious the intent is to just keep me under bonus territory. I don't care anymore.

Lost my secondary account - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
Just notified that I didn't provide ADT for a report and now have lost my secondary after 6 years. Why don't they just say YOU'RE FIRED? I know I have to apply to burger joints for a job. This is unbelievable!

Similar Messages:

I Cannot Believe This Crap, It's Like They Had Not One MT
Oct 03, 2012

before they sprang it on us..and why?? It's not a program for MTs..it's a database and billing program.THAT is the primary reason for this.  So far I have not utilized the quick report look up ONE time..and as for google..I already had my google browser opened at the ready.  I cannot capitalize first words in new sentence  in paragraph.  and yet my toggle is on.  but at the start of a new paragraph your space bar does not work.  I cannot easily look up r ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

I Can Barely Sit Here And Do This VR Crap.
Jun 26, 2012

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours now.  I am so close to just walking.  I have never hated a job as much as I hate this one.  Last pay period, 80 hours, I made $8.51/hour.  Unfricken believable.  After 20 years of making twice that.  Time for another Xanax, seriously. ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Venting On Crap Dictators
Jul 12, 2014

I am so sick of logging on in the morning and getting the same crap dictator day after day after day.  With his mmmmmmmmmmmmah before every other word (like he's trying to think of what to say), saying "next paragraph, next paragraph, next paragraph" and he has no idea whatsoever of where a new paragraph should start, and saying "period, period, period" like I don't know where a period should go, is it any wonder I'm going nuts in this job?  I won't even mentio ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

FedEx In Hot Water Because Of IC Status Crap!
Oct 21, 2009

I was laughing my butt off reading the news this morning because FedEx is in exactly the same kind of trouble that a lot of these MT companies should be in.  They have been classifying their drivers as IC status to "save money."   Sound like a familiar tactic?  Here's the article I cut and pasted: Tuesday, Oct 20, 2009 @04:01pm CDT   (New York, NY) -- Attorneys general from three states will file suit against FedEx for alleged labor laws violations. Officials fr ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

OrgPublisher?? We Dont Want This Crap. We Want Higher
Aug 27, 2012

grrrrr ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...

Can't Get This STUPID ComAgent Crap Off My Computer.
Aug 12, 2013

and gives an error "cannot open uninstall.log".  I contacted "AltN" company that makes this ridiculous piece of crap and they sent me some solution of creating an unstall text document and that didn't work either.  I  want everything to do with Nuance OFF my computer.  Grrrrrrrrrr ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

Pooling Nothing But Crap Dictators For 3 Hours Now!!!
Apr 18, 2015

You know, never mind that they hose your line count.....to top it off, they are NOT on the QC exclusion list!  I asked last week what happens if they are a crap dictator or have crappy audio but they are not on the list.  My message got forwarded to some dark underlord some place; I've never heard back. My solution - roll the dice.  I refuse to send something to QC for issues that are outside of my control!  8 cents is better than 7, right?  I either send them back ...

A Reason Not To Complain About Crap (hard) Jobs
Dec 29, 2009

Don't you get it...these cannot be done by ILPs or by machine alone.  In 3-4 yrs these so-called crap jobs will be the ONLY reason a few MTs will even be needed; all else will be totally automated, and even ILPs will not be required, unless they learn to do crap jobs. Learn to live with it or train for something else.  It's just the writing on the wall.  Don't bash me, I don't love it, I'm just being realistic.  I'll do them because I'm n ...

I Quit Due To Crap Sound Quality And Hellish ESLs
Mar 26, 2015

I quit in early 2014 because there was a sudden switchover of doctors in the acct I was typing, and they were the worst I've ever encountered. The sound quality was atrocious at Nuance. It was like scraping the bottom of the barrel. I work for a different company now that doesn't make you jump through stupid FIESA hoops, etc, and it's nice. Just wondering if the same crap dictation continues at Nuance. I liked Transcend. ...

I Am So Happy That The Swap Board Crap For Our Region Has Been Delayed "due To Technical Challe
Apr 16, 2010

nm ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...