A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I can barely sit here and do this VR crap. - mt_not_for_long

Posted: Jun 26, 2012

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours now.  I am so close to just walking.  I have never hated a job as much as I hate this one.  Last pay period, 80 hours, I made $8.51/hour.  Unfricken believable.  After 20 years of making twice that. 

Time for another Xanax, seriously.

I must have a dual personality - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel like I wrote that post.

I feel the same way.... - not focused on VR

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot stay focused on VR. My mind starts to drift and that is that.

I totally feel the same way. This job is so mind numbing. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's gotten worse for me. - me2

[ In Reply To ..]
4 cpl just doesn't cut it. I've worked 4-1/2 hours and I'm so sick of this I quit for the day. Don't care at all. Can't wait to find another job.

It puts me to sleep. I nod off 100 times a day. - With my foot on the pedal. :(

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

I'm Barely Getting 400 Lines Per Day And........
Dec 14, 2010

they're hiring more people. I've worked for this company for seven years and we have new QA folks who obviously are sending work to others and odds are it's the others that are making less. ...

Can Barely Hear Dictations
May 08, 2013

As of yesterday, I can barely hear some of the dictations. Am I the only one? I hate it when I have to struggle to make out what in the hell some rapidly-speaking ESL doctor is saying! ...

Anyone Else At Landmark Barely Have Any Work?
Jan 04, 2014

I'm now working every day at Landmark just to make a little bit of money.  I'm working evenings and weekends, but the work just isn't there like it used to be.  This is a huge account and now I'm stressed out and worried that something is happening.  Ugh, I want out of this career..... ...

Indian Dictators - They Can Barely Speak English
Jul 21, 2012

About half of the dictators from my new account are Indian, most of them mumblers, so I'm going crazy.  They can barely speak English.  Wondering why there are so many Indian dictators here?  ...

Cell Phone Dictation Barely Audible
Jul 24, 2012

I just had the worst cell phone dictation in my life, about 6 pages long, barely audible, lots of static, and there's more to come now.  I wrote a note to the hospital, but I'm sure it'll be ignored.  Anyone have any luck complaining about this?  It's a nightmare. ...

Hourly Rate Is Just Barely Above Minimum Wage In My State.
Jul 11, 2014

I am truly at a loss to understand why my pay continues to decline. I thought I already hit rockbottom. I am averaging far, far less than I did 30 years ago. ...

I Cannot Believe This Crap, It's Like They Had Not One MT
Oct 03, 2012

before they sprang it on us..and why?? It's not a program for MTs..it's a database and billing program.THAT is the primary reason for this.  So far I have not utilized the quick report look up ONE time..and as for google..I already had my google browser opened at the ready.  I cannot capitalize first words in new sentence  in paragraph.  and yet my toggle is on.  but at the start of a new paragraph your space bar does not work.  I cannot easily look up r ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Fiesa CRAP
Nov 19, 2013

I just love all these minor errors of missing an - "of" or "a" at 0.25.  This does not change the meaning of the sentence, and I bet if you put them in when they are NOT there, you would get marked off for that too.  This is crap, especially if you have a small report and it all adds up, knocking your score down.  I have been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything so petty.  Especially now with Voice Rec, how would they like it if we weren't here and they w ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Venting On Crap Dictators
Jul 12, 2014

I am so sick of logging on in the morning and getting the same crap dictator day after day after day.  With his mmmmmmmmmmmmah before every other word (like he's trying to think of what to say), saying "next paragraph, next paragraph, next paragraph" and he has no idea whatsoever of where a new paragraph should start, and saying "period, period, period" like I don't know where a period should go, is it any wonder I'm going nuts in this job?  I won't even mentio ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

FedEx In Hot Water Because Of IC Status Crap!
Oct 21, 2009

I was laughing my butt off reading the news this morning because FedEx is in exactly the same kind of trouble that a lot of these MT companies should be in.  They have been classifying their drivers as IC status to "save money."   Sound like a familiar tactic?  Here's the article I cut and pasted: Tuesday, Oct 20, 2009 @04:01pm CDT   (New York, NY) -- Attorneys general from three states will file suit against FedEx for alleged labor laws violations. Officials fr ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

OrgPublisher?? We Dont Want This Crap. We Want Higher
Aug 27, 2012

grrrrr ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...

Can't Get This STUPID ComAgent Crap Off My Computer.
Aug 12, 2013

and gives an error "cannot open uninstall.log".  I contacted "AltN" company that makes this ridiculous piece of crap and they sent me some solution of creating an unstall text document and that didn't work either.  I  want everything to do with Nuance OFF my computer.  Grrrrrrrrrr ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

Pooling Nothing But Crap Dictators For 3 Hours Now!!!
Apr 18, 2015

You know, never mind that they hose your line count.....to top it off, they are NOT on the QC exclusion list!  I asked last week what happens if they are a crap dictator or have crappy audio but they are not on the list.  My message got forwarded to some dark underlord some place; I've never heard back. My solution - roll the dice.  I refuse to send something to QC for issues that are outside of my control!  8 cents is better than 7, right?  I either send them back ...

A Reason Not To Complain About Crap (hard) Jobs
Dec 29, 2009

Don't you get it...these cannot be done by ILPs or by machine alone.  In 3-4 yrs these so-called crap jobs will be the ONLY reason a few MTs will even be needed; all else will be totally automated, and even ILPs will not be required, unless they learn to do crap jobs. Learn to live with it or train for something else.  It's just the writing on the wall.  Don't bash me, I don't love it, I'm just being realistic.  I'll do them because I'm n ...

I Quit Due To Crap Sound Quality And Hellish ESLs
Mar 26, 2015

I quit in early 2014 because there was a sudden switchover of doctors in the acct I was typing, and they were the worst I've ever encountered. The sound quality was atrocious at Nuance. It was like scraping the bottom of the barrel. I work for a different company now that doesn't make you jump through stupid FIESA hoops, etc, and it's nice. Just wondering if the same crap dictation continues at Nuance. I liked Transcend. ...

I Am So Happy That The Swap Board Crap For Our Region Has Been Delayed "due To Technical Challe
Apr 16, 2010

nm ...