A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Venting on crap dictators - Fatigued Fingers

Posted: Jul 12, 2014

I am so sick of logging on in the morning and getting the same crap dictator day after day after day.  With his mmmmmmmmmmmmah before every other word (like he's trying to think of what to say), saying "next paragraph, next paragraph, next paragraph" and he has no idea whatsoever of where a new paragraph should start, and saying "period, period, period" like I don't know where a period should go, is it any wonder I'm going nuts in this job?  I won't even mention his throwing the phone down, unzipping something and then zipping it back up again, and chewing and smacking and burping.  He is an absolute pig with no consideration whatsoever of the person having to listen to all this.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had it up my eyeballs with this idiot.  My TSM is useless in this matter.  I've brought this up to her many times and she does nothing.

Me again - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Third report in a row I've had the same crap dictator. Been working for 2 hours now and this is only my 3rd report. GRRRRR!!

I thik I know exactly who you're talking about! - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a report from him that was 13 minutes long for a grand total of 40 lines! He does nothing but drag your count down.

Talking about - does his name start with M

[ In Reply To ..]
GRRRRR!!!
That's him - the Idiot!!!! - sufferinginsilence
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Maybe you could mess his work up on purpose - and get taken off his account?
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like anything would be better than transcribing that fool's dictation.
Messing up work - Fatigued Fingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Already tried that and it didn't work. What I have done is transcribe everything he says, when he starts and stops dictation, repeats himself, says something then changes his mind and doesn't say what to remove - everything gets typed. If I could figure out a way to put his burps and chewing sounds in there, I would.

you have my sympathy - I quit because of him. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Sympathy - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not far from that myself.

crappy, burping dictator - NMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
What could your TSM do about it? Do you mean, perhaps, that she could speak to this physician directly in some fashion?

I have a truly terrible guy, too, and I simply utilize the blank. He gets a lot of blanks for he or his staff to figure out on their own - hopefully he'll straighten up. If not, at least I'm not sweating him and just blank, blank, blanking along...

Yawning dictator - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Talking while yawning and expecting you to try and figure out what they're saying is another one that gets blanks.

Similar Messages:

Pooling Nothing But Crap Dictators For 3 Hours Now!!!
Apr 18, 2015

You know, never mind that they hose your line count.....to top it off, they are NOT on the QC exclusion list!  I asked last week what happens if they are a crap dictator or have crappy audio but they are not on the list.  My message got forwarded to some dark underlord some place; I've never heard back. My solution - roll the dice.  I refuse to send something to QC for issues that are outside of my control!  8 cents is better than 7, right?  I either send them back ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

I Cannot Believe This Crap, It's Like They Had Not One MT
Oct 03, 2012

before they sprang it on us..and why?? It's not a program for MTs..it's a database and billing program.THAT is the primary reason for this.  So far I have not utilized the quick report look up ONE time..and as for google..I already had my google browser opened at the ready.  I cannot capitalize first words in new sentence  in paragraph.  and yet my toggle is on.  but at the start of a new paragraph your space bar does not work.  I cannot easily look up r ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

I Can Barely Sit Here And Do This VR Crap.
Jun 26, 2012

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours now.  I am so close to just walking.  I have never hated a job as much as I hate this one.  Last pay period, 80 hours, I made $8.51/hour.  Unfricken believable.  After 20 years of making twice that.  Time for another Xanax, seriously. ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Fiesa CRAP
Nov 19, 2013

I just love all these minor errors of missing an - "of" or "a" at 0.25.  This does not change the meaning of the sentence, and I bet if you put them in when they are NOT there, you would get marked off for that too.  This is crap, especially if you have a small report and it all adds up, knocking your score down.  I have been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything so petty.  Especially now with Voice Rec, how would they like it if we weren't here and they w ...

I JUST DON'T GET IT....VENTING
Mar 02, 2010

How can an MTSO which whom an MT has an actual contract suddenly decide to impose new rules, penalties and fines without actually negotiating a new contract?  Is this really legal? This is in response to the new HITECH law, but I think that HITECH is just a scapegoat that the company is using to do what they always wanted to do.  I don't want to mention the name of the MTSO because I am too scared to do so at this point, and I have not made any HIPAA errors that I am aware of, bu ...

Doc Venting
Mar 25, 2010

yesterday at the end of a chart, one of my docs starts going off on the general state of the world, the state of healthcare, etc.  He said he couldn't wait to get out of this *beepity beep* profession and then apologized to me because he knew my job was on the fast track to nowhere.  Also said many of his staff were being sent home due to low census and cutbacks on hours/pay.  (Remember that nurses/techs are in BIG DEMAND according too all the gov't w ...

Just Venting!
Aug 17, 2011

I had such a bad day today and am feeling quite sorry for myself.  I cannot believe I have been doing this for so long and am making so little money.  I tried to look up things online about the transcription business and came across an article that was pretty interesting.  It's pretty much what everyone says on this site all the time, but in case anyone would like to read the article, it is at mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26.  I am really ready to leave this ...

Just Venting Here.......
Jul 31, 2012

OK....this is what really pisses me off.....we are asked to "know" 75 pages of acct. specificis, 20+ pages of MTS specifics and the BOS, PLUS each individual acct. has their own way they want things, plus being "English Majors" for these reports and you are only paying us 4 cpl!!!?   I used to LOVE this job field but am really starting to hate it.  Been doing this for 15 years.  I hope it all gets outsourced to India so the docs really have something to complain about, then I ...

Venting About QA
Jul 30, 2013

Gotta vent while awaiting manager response.  I do this report yesterday that required a cosigner, who I could not understand the name of.  The resident goes on to say the name of the cosigner again at the end of the report, but I still could not understand it (ESL).  I pend the report because of lack of knowing who the cosinger was and today I did one of those wonderful CPSE cirtical error emails because I did not put in the cosigner.  It gets better, the QA puts in ...

NJA ~ Still Venting
Sep 12, 2013

Something else ~ since I have no work during my scheduled shift.   I too got an email from my TSM (or whatever they are called now) asking if I could change my Wednesday to Sunday.   Thought it was strange just out of the blue, but as I sit here with no work and barely enough to get my time in yesterday, I am starting to wonder something.   Do y'all think that India requested more work during the week and that is why they are scrambling around asking for us to ...

Venting!
Sep 19, 2013

No responses needed.. I just have to vent in the middle of this dictation where the dictator, a nurse, whispers the whole way through the dictation (not just this one but all of her dictations) and says "uh" at least 4 or 5 times per sentence in this very long dictation. I am ready to pull my hair out! Thanks for listening!!! ...

VENTING
Sep 18, 2014

ARGH! Doing a LONG report and this doc must've gotten NO sleep last night b/c she is constantly trying to dictate THROUGH HER YAWNING....soooo frustrating. Also, I consistently get outstanding audits and after over 10 yrs with MModal, MedQuist, whoever they were before that (can't remember), I have yet to get employee of the month....WTH?! Soooo over this job and this company! P.S. I really like my current supervisor...even though the working conditions keep getting worse, I feel like ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

Venting About Confusion
Apr 16, 2010

This is what this doc says:  Certainly if there is any rhythms increase, worsen, blah, you know, whatever (chuckles), we will reevaluate at that time.  It doesn't make any sense and I don't even know what to type.  I'll probably get dinged on something by trying to make it make sense.  He's making me crazy.  ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

MT Venting -- I Know I Am Not Perfect But...
Jul 27, 2011

I have been observing a lot of comments made on this board and have heard many comments from others about the MT profession across the Internet.  Sadly, most comments ring loud and clear with the all too familiar vibe, such as:  “Times are tough” and “You have to make adjustments” during these tough economic times.  Yes I get that part of it.  I also work at a MTSO and I know from firsthand experience that it can be tough -- especially when our pa ...

VENTING - PET PEEVE
Jul 18, 2012

I just have to vent.....the thing that I cannot stand most about this job - even more than the pay, the lack of work, etc....is when the dictator CHEWS GUM when he/she is dictating.  The sound of someone smacking their gum, whether in person or on the phone, makes me CRAZY.  I am positive they do not do this in front of patients or other doctors...but since we aren't 'real people' to them...they just smack away.  I can barely get through the report.  OK.  ...

Venting About MTSOs
May 17, 2013

I'm looking for things I can take to a pawn shop to hock today in an effort to pay my electric bill before shut off so I can keep working. I'm forced into bankruptcy and ask risk of losing my home due to the miniscule illegal wages we are paid for editing. The MTSO has not even responded to my last questions about account preferences, and notification of a technical error in the software, yet has the nerve to send me a snarky email bitching about my 100% accurate report for a mistake ...

How Are We Supposed To .....?!?! (Venting)
May 22, 2013

Verify our pay when we have no idea what the breakdown of the production incentive is??  (Better me, Better we....HAH) At least with Webmedx everything was laid out, tier by tier....  I was able to set goals and achieve them, not now though. This is just stupid.      ...

Venting About Nuance
Sep 07, 2013

I just finished a day where half it was spent on an ESL dictators doing short progress notes using VR, so had to change almost EVERYTHING.   No lines to speak of.  Had to pend almost all of them because some of the ESLs just do not enunciate numbers and heaven forbid you make a mistake.  EVERYTHING is the transcriptionist's fault.   I worked in hospitals for around 20 years.   In the hospital you could use your expander for speed and got&nbs ...

Venting About Some Responses
Nov 05, 2013

I keep seeing responses here saying they have no idea why people are upset over VR coming or EMR showing up, etc. etc. Why people are down on this profession.  Does anybody LOVE to earn poverty wages?  Do people look forward to losing their homes? DUH........ Who are these people who post these statements? Are they the ones with the husbands who support them and they haven't a worry in the world. I often feel like turning around and saying:  "I have no idea why some peopl ...

Just Felt Like Venting
Nov 12, 2013

I am so sick of getting emails daily from TSM and QC regarding new updates, changes, complaints!  Its not our fault that things with this new updated, state of the art fluency platform are not updated correctly, that should have been done by them before we started typing!  Quit holding me back by having to read, read, read more changes, etc.  I hate what transcription has become, I remember the days where I just sat and typed and never, ever heard from my supervisor back then. &nb ...

FedEx In Hot Water Because Of IC Status Crap!
Oct 21, 2009

I was laughing my butt off reading the news this morning because FedEx is in exactly the same kind of trouble that a lot of these MT companies should be in.  They have been classifying their drivers as IC status to "save money."   Sound like a familiar tactic?  Here's the article I cut and pasted: Tuesday, Oct 20, 2009 @04:01pm CDT   (New York, NY) -- Attorneys general from three states will file suit against FedEx for alleged labor laws violations. Officials fr ...