A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is ENRICH elearning platform - WhyOWhy

Posted: Jan 10, 2014

I've been recently sold into Nuance slavery by my former company and have been told I need to log into ENRICH take their "modules" for "continuing education."  What is this really for?

A load of crap! That's what! - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Basically they've partnered with a school (MTEC maybe) and are offering little training modules on there. It's supposed to be this great site with all these tools to help us. Realistically, it's got some (I believe) continuing education credit stuff on there, and then your supervisor might assign you specific modules to do if you're struggling with something.

I've worked for companies who have a centralized training site and such, and that has to be the WORST one I've ever seen. Even their reference bits like for labs, it's incomplete and I have no clue where the values came from as several don't match guidelines from a few respected sources I got my info from.

Anyway, just lot in and do what they tell you to do and make sure you put it on your time card (if they're requiring it).

Thanks for the info - WhyOWhy

[ In Reply To ..]
It hasn't been stated that it is required, but I won't do it if I don't get paid for it.

Oh and it can be used for punishment too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If your work group is making too many "major errors" as trumped up by the swamis and FIESA, you may be required to endure some Enrich modules. Major waste of time, but compensated... well, sort of!

Absolutely agree with this!......sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially the lab values in some of the modules. I think it was "critical thinking" module or something that I was forced to do because I had too many critical lab value errors (according to offshore QA post audit)... Whatever... How would I know if the lab value that was transcribed and submitted and then "corrected" by someone else is even the "correct" value after it has gone through post-audit QA because I'm unable to even access my completed reports (on my particular platform) AND we also do not have the ability to relisten to the audio on our own (have to submit correction reversal and someone else listens to it and then tells you "yep, that was a mistake on your part. I clearly heard...."

Anyway, I digress... The particular modules that I was made to take were just DUMB in my opinion because THERE WAS NO AUDIO to go along with the answer choices to the questions. Suppose I chose question D which was transcribed correctly with the correct punctuation and grammar because that and the refrence values are what I'm looking for when answering the question, BUT I get it wrong. The "explanation" at the end said, "you must choose answer B because normal lab values for such and such are..." How the heck was I suppose to know that the lab values were supposed to be "normal" without a dictating doctor stating that they were normal!?!

I actually told my TSM that the module was completely useless to me because it contained no audio. We all know that patients come into hospitals with ABNORMAL lab values ALL OF THE TIME, and without actual dictation and a little history on the patient, there's really no way to know if the answer I choose is correct without knowing ahead of time that I am supposed to choose the one with the "normal" values. The stupid question didn't ask for the sentence that listed normal lab values in a grammatically correct and correctly punctuated way. It asked for only which one was transcribed correctly. THAT is a very broad question and could mean multiple "correct" ways, considering I would need to know if it meant all normal lab values and transcribed correctly or just grammatically correct and punctuated right.

It's impossible to learn anything without audio/live dictation in some of the modules. I'm sorry, but that is my opinion. We don't edit drafts without audio, so why are we being made to take training/learning modules without some kind of audio/dictation? It's too confusing for me, and I've been doing this a LONG time. I can't imagine a newbie having to take the dang thing and understanding some of it enough to choose a correct answer.

I actually had to take 1 of the modules THREE times before I passed it. Just ridiculous.

And then there are the modules that are just plain ridiculous... How's about spending 45 minutes "learning" how to use IM and email?... Now THAT was a bit frustrating for me... I mean, really?!? I truly felt like an idiot. For as long as I have been doing this, I would think that I should know how to use IM and email by now and if not, then I probably shouldn't be in this buisiness, lol

The 3 modules you had to take, did they - Blunder Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
pay you for all 3? I expect I will be a multimodular employee for them. Thanks.
Yes, I was paid to do them......sm - LoveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
And they really didn't take very long....well, except for the one I had to do 3 times before I got it right, lol.

Funny thing is, my accuracy score at that time was just fine, but I'd apparently made the same "critical" errors too many times, and they felt the need to make me suffer through some totally useless training modules on critical thinking...

Now my accuracy score is in the toilet for a variety of different "errors", most of them 0.25 points off for missing crap like a comma or a period or leaving a : that their crappy ASR put right behind a period in a report and constantly does it over and over and over again. And no one has made me take any more training modules, not even for punctuation, LOL!

I even took a few on my own, just out of curiosity BEFORE I was made to take the "punishment" ones, and I didn't find a single useful thing in them. I came away with not one iota of useful information or tips or ANYTHING that I didn't already know and wasn't already using in my day-to-day work.

Similar Messages:

Enrich
Nov 05, 2013

Does anyone ever take those Enrich modules?  Are they paid? What's the meaning/point of the CE credits?  ...

Enrich - Does Anyone Actually Ever
Sep 19, 2014

Personally, since Nuance slashed my salary in half I have had to get a second job to make up for the deficit (it doesn't, but you have to try), so no time or desire to do any of these courses thus far. However, just wondering if anyone has done much with Enrich unless they were forced to, and if they have anything positive to recommend or any courses they actually feel helped them become a better and/or more accurate producer and helped their income. I am an oldie with lots of experience, ...

Anybody Do The Enrich
Oct 01, 2014

We do get paid for it now, got an email re logging onto webclock. Woohoo 15 minutes. ...

ENRICH Training
Jun 08, 2013

Anybody else going through this ENRICH crap?  This is absolutely the worst "training" I have ever received.  Self-service on all of these modules, confusing software with very few instructions.  Been "training" for a week now, no responses as promised from other departments for logins, etc.  Training is the gateway to the rest of the company.  If the rest of the company is like this then I have made a horrible decision to quit my other job to come here.  No income n ...

ENRICH - Spark IM, Etc.
Dec 27, 2013

Am I the only one who can't enter Enrich?  The password I use for FIESA is NOT working and tech-support can't help me with it. I'm getting tired of wasting time on this. By the way after you get into this how long do these classes take?  I'm not eager to spend my limited free time on all of this! HELP! ...

I Forget--how Do We Log On To Enrich
Jan 22, 2014

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Enrich Classes
Jun 26, 2014

Is it just me or are you fed up with this company's requirements to attend online classes to "YOU TOO CAN BE 99% PERFECT"?  I can't get out of this garbage fast enough.  I attended on online class today that I felt I was in romper room.  F- this!  How do any of you continue to put with this company's mandates? ...

Newsletter On Enrich
Aug 26, 2014

I read some posts below and even see another MT asking this same question about changes coming in October ranging from pay scale changes to QA discipline, etc.  Can you please tell me where I can find these newsletters so I can read them.  I looked in Enrich as well, but cannot find any current newsletters.   Thanks very much! ...

Enrich - First Time
Oct 02, 2014

Well obviously I have never signed in and used this before.  Do we use our E-mail address or our ID#.  It gives the option to obtain your password if you have forgotten it, but not your sign on ID.  Hate to ask my TSM and make it known I don't use one of their precious programs.  TIA. ...

I Don't Remember How To Log Into Enrich
Oct 23, 2014

I have no idea what username or password to use, what with the different work email, escription, fiesa, weblock and ADP site usernames ans passwords.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction?  I feel like I am up a creek w/out a paddle! ...

If FIESA And ENRICH
Oct 30, 2014

Then why do I feel like I've been through heck and back whenever I check them?  ...

Enrich Video
Dec 02, 2014

Just received an email from my TSM stating that we will get a link to an Enrich video on the new plan on Wednesday.  We have conference calls set up for questions on Thursday.   ...

Am I The Only One Who Has To Sign Into Enrich First And
Jan 20, 2015

When I try to save the webclock website to my favorites...it saves, but then when I click on it I get a "timeout detected" message and can't use it.  It's so annoying having to sign into Enrich first.  There has got to be a way to put an icon on my home page or at least save to my faves list.  ...

Enrich E-mail - Laugh Of The Day
Apr 15, 2013

How lovely of them to send us an e-mail today boasting about the new Enrich program...until you get to the part that it's voluntary which means you won't get paid to visit that site? How many of you laughed and hit the "delete" button on the e-mail? If they were serious about us all learning more stuff they'd pay us to go to training.  They must've figured we all needed a laugh with it being tax day.  ...

Seems Like Enrich Is Geared For Indian MTs...
Dec 26, 2014

the module for "difficult ESL" dictators, there are only sections for "Americanisms," "Hawaiian" and "Southern" -- If it were geared for American MTs the ESLs would be "Indian" "Chinese" etc.  I guess I'm just stating the obvious, though I thought it was funny....NOT! ...

Copy Of The Book Of Style On Enrich?
Jan 20, 2015

Is there a copy of the book of style on Enrich? I cannot for the life of me find it. I got dinged for an omission error because at the end of a list of allergies the dictator stated "parenthesis, details of allergies are not known, end parenthesis" and since it was a stand alone sentence, I left the parentheses off.  The transcription guidelines on Enrich for parenthesis say to refer to the book of style, but I can't find a copy. Thanks! ...

DQS Platform
Nov 02, 2010

Needing a general consensus on whether or not you like the DQS platform...what about it's ASR generated reports.  I personally like the platform and think the ASR reports aren't as bad as some platforms I have been on...I just hate the rate of ASR pay.  Though it is estimated the production increases with ASR, for most, that simply is not the case and, per a study I found online, quite the opposite.  Please see results from that independent study below.   En ...

MD-IT Platform
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the MD-IT platform? If so, is it easy to work with? Thanks for any info. ...

Which Is The Best Platform For EMR For IC/MTs?
Aug 29, 2012

In your experience, which platform would you recommend an IC/MT suggest a physician's office utilize? This would be probably for four docs per office or less and one to four MTs. I am hoping to "sell" some local private doctor offices with this form of EMR so it may save my current small job and also allow me to obtain more work. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to "sell" this idea to them. Thank you for any help you may be able to share with me. ...

Best Platform For MT???
Aug 29, 2012

Small and independent and was wanting some opinions/information on the best platform to use. I am currently using one now but was curious about webchart, chartnet, and scribemanager. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  ...

FFT Platform?
May 25, 2015

Sooo, anyone care to share which companies use the FFT (Fluency) platform other than the company formerly known as The Big Q? ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

SoftScript Platform?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know what platform SoftScript uses?  TIA. ...

What Platform Does Chronicle Use?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have info about them, good or bad? ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...

Platform With Inscribe Out Of KY?
Feb 08, 2010

Was wondering what platform this company uses, does anyone know?  It is Inscribe out of Kentucky.  I've talked with two different people at the company and they are saying they don't know what platform they use.  However, a Dictaphone 15-pin foot pedal is required, so would that be ExText?  Thanks in advance.... ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...