A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA and calculation of score - sm

Posted: Jul 25, 2013

I had 0.5 points deducted on a report for invalid blanks, no other errors, yet my score in FIESA was 98.08%.   Does anyone know how these scores are calculated?  Seems to me that 100-0.5=99.5.  So, either my math is really bad or FIESA is hosing us!  I emailed my TSM about is and as usual got no response.  Thanks!

FIESA scores - too much math

[ In Reply To ..]
Look over this post and see if it fits with the score you're getting...percents are based on total lines in reports pended, not just errors.

http://forum.mtstars.com/403871.html

Well that's just stupid! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, the math worked. This report was 26 lines. Why can't they just do math like normal people? Sheesh! Thank you!

They target small reports.... - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
for that very reason. I just try to make sure my little reports are as perfect as possible.

Similar Messages:

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

VBC Calculation
Mar 30, 2010

I see periodic discussions on this board regarding VBC pay.  There have been "white papers" and similar studies issued by various bodies, including, I believe AHIMA, and here's what I've gotten as a way to calculate the meaning of VBC rates.  I suggest when offered a VBC rate, you ask your prospective employer or manager how they have calculated the relationship between the "standard" 65-character with spaces line rate and the VBC rate.  They should be happy to supply y ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

Calculation Of Hours
Aug 30, 2010

Lines typed divided by lines per hour = how many hours you actually worked, even if what you have on your time sheet is more?  Does this make sense to anyone?  ...

Has Anyone Received Their New PTO Calculation?
Dec 31, 2010

We usually have it by now since it goes into effect tomorrow. ...

Transcend OT Calculation
Mar 18, 2011

The question someone asked about OT calculation at Transcend got me going because I recently had to figure it out for myself when the OT I received did not come close to what I had calculated it would be.  If you go to page 34 of the MLS Handbook on the Transcend MLS website, you will read the following: "For overtime purposes, the base hourly rate for MLS is the total compensation for the pay period (before OT) divided by the total number of hours worked during the pay period.  HALF ...

Pay Calculation? Something Wrong?
Mar 31, 2015

California raised their minimum wage to $9 from $8 July of last year. With the mandatory OT, I was surprised to find my pay was not more. So, I divided my gross pay by hours worked, and I am coming up 40 cents an hour short. Anyone else? ...

Q's(now, Mmodal) Salary Calculation Formula.
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone knows the formula how Q( now mmodal) calcuate their employees salary based on linecount..? and, rates for ASR and straight transcription both same now?       ...

Shorthand Expander - Can't Figure Out How To Do A Count, Or Calculation
Aug 25, 2012

I'm still in school, working on adding to my Shorthand file. I hear people talk about how many entries they have in theirs, but I can't figure out how to do a count, or calculation. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks... ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Well.,...score Below 98 .
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they ex ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Apgar Score
Feb 25, 2010

I am CONTINUALLY getting flack about APGAR.  If I put Apgar, I get it back corrected as APGAR.  If I put APGAR, I get it back corrected as Apgar.  If I put Apgar's, comes back Apgars.  If I put Apgar's it comes back Apgars... I have my Dorland's dictionary, and it has Apgar, A capitalized, pgar lower case, but in my abbreviation guide it's all caps (APGAR). Does anyone have anything different OR perhaps a solution?  ...

Reicker's Score?
Jun 22, 2012

Acute alcohol withdrawal - patient with "Reicker's score" of 4.  Thanks! ...

Milumbut Score
Oct 03, 2012

In  neck examination - milambut score is 4 ?? Thanks! ...

QA Score Requirement?
Jan 08, 2013

What is the QA score requirement?  I thought it was 99%.  I had three audits today that scored 99.75% and was told that if I proofread the jobs better before I sent them I would catch these small mistakes (one per job).  Are we supposed to get 100% now?  Just curious.  TIA! ...

Low Score On FIESA
May 09, 2013

My FIESA scores are VERY low this quarter with a lot of points being taken off for errors. Has anyone been in a situation where at the end of the quarter they had a score that was below 98% and what happened? Is that instant termination? This is astonishing to me as I will be here for 4 years and never have had low scores ever and have never been in this predicament before. Thank you for any replies. ...

FIESA Score
Jul 01, 2013

Anyone else here get below 98% accuracy for April through June? It's July 1st now and the beginning of a new quarter for us all. I got below 98%, received 96% to 97% score. Am I going to be fired or what? NEVER had scores this low before ever! ...

CHAD Score
Jul 06, 2013

CHAD VASC score of 1?   How do you transcribe this phrase?   ...

Score Just Keeps Dropping
Aug 21, 2013

No matter how hard I try these days I cannot get my accuracy back to what it has been for years. I always maintained 99% or higher, mostly always right at 100% but now I cannot even get to 98% with everyone they keep marking me off for.  It has gotten ridiculous.  I have never ever had this many reports audited and marked for not having an s at the end of a word.  So disheartening when I feel I am doing so good.  Been at this for a very long time and never had anything like t ...

Mallampati Score
Aug 30, 2013

When transcribing the Mallampati score is it Class IV or class IV.. is the C capitalized or not?  Thank you!! ...

Fiesa Score Below 98
Dec 01, 2013

Got a couple of bad audits and score is down, down, down.  Not had this happen before.  They gonna come down on me now or wait until after December statistics are added in? Kind of nervous.  ...

TTS - Anyone Have Their Score Go Below The 98% On One Audit
Jan 19, 2014

Anyone have their score go below the 98% on one audit?  What normally happens?  First one that I have gotten.  No serious critical errors, mostly ESL physicians where I missed something or heard a different word then what apparently what was dictated.  Only 1 major error, rest small ones.  ...

QA Passing Score For MM
Jun 14, 2014

Hi, can anyone tell me the audit passing score for MM staff?  ...

S/l Bracken Score
Jun 27, 2014

born via induced vaginal delivery due to s/l Braken low score ...