A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To below posters - Nature

Posted: Dec 13, 2010

I just wanted to say to those who judge others so harshly to remember what we are admonished about "Judge not, lest ye be judged."  Some MTs are having more trouible than others.  Lucky are those that are not.  Some MTs may be better at some reports than others, but we should not belittle those who are not "up to our standards."  I know that there are many MTs who are much better at this job than I am, but I would hope that there is still room for me, as after almost 11 years, I am still here in this business as a "home MT," so I must be doing something right.  I was inhouse for many years before that.  There is room for all of us.  We should treat each other as family.  I rejoyce when there is good news for a MT; I cry when someone I know is crying because she is not making the rent or cannot provide food for the family.  Jobs are hard to come by.  It is so easy to say "get another job."  Unemployment is at an all time high right now.  My sister's husband lost his job last month 1 year exactly from retirement.  Due to his age, he cannot get a job to even pay the house payment, and they probably will lose the house along with much more.  Please, don't hurt other people's feelings because you do not agree with their predicament, whether caused by themselves or the company they work for.  Remember what a great president once said "A house divided against itself cannot stand."  Merry Christmas everyone!!! 

I agree. I am lucky to gave a good CCM and good accounts - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
but others aren't that lucky and it's not so easy to just go out and find something new. MTs venting here deserve our support.

My only prob are those that let themselves be victimized and then do nothing - to change things and come here to "vent." sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It has nothing to do with skill level or economy or anything else. It is letting yourself be a victim. Of course, keep crap job while looking for another. But for the life of me, I cannot understand those that would stay in an intolerable position and then post "poor me, the industry is taking advantge of me."

So it would be a perfect world if all posted only what you approve? - DO NOT READ THEM

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do not like someone's vent you do not have to read them, you do not have to respond to them, and you certainly do not have to post that THEY should not be venting. Live and let live.

Cant you see the bigger picture? This isnt about the vents. It is about those - who let themselves be victims. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Bottom line, I want MTs to take back their power, not let themselves be victimized. Why do I get slammed for wanting MTs to be strong and stand up for themselves? We have become a nation of victims who want someone else to fix things for them. Sure, let MQ Mt vent but dont encourage the victim attitude. Encourage them to stand up and take control of their lives.
re: SM - gabryle
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%. It's like watching a sick person laying in bed with all their meds at their bedside and refusing to take them. They'd rather complain and do toe "woe is me" act than reach over to the table and pick up the pills.

I am absolutely sick and tired of people who ALLOW themselves to be constantly kicked in the teeth. And yeah, it is simple to just read past those posts, but if I have some advice, even if it comes in the form of a good swift kick in the butt, I'm going to dish it out!

How can you justify coming to vent and whine on a public forum and think someone isn't going to disagree or want to help you out of your funk?

Nation of victims is exactly what many are building and I think it's PATHETIC.

I am also stuck in this lousy job, I'm over 55, have health issues, barely making ends meet, but I get up at dawn and type away until I run out of work then head out to do the other odd jobs I've found; house cleaning, helping at a vet clinic cleaning up or answering phones...

I would rather do menial jobs and be busy and happy than sulk in corner and make a public cry about how I am in the depths of despair THEN slap and scream because someone suggests a way to help.

The reason I say the things I do is because if I was able to stand up and change something, anyone can.
you only get slammed when you are being a jerk about it - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
the question is are you being helpful or hurtful. a lot of the time it is being hurtful because face it, this is a "fight board" it's "catharctic"
re: nm - cc
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone used those exact words below.

No one is being hurtful, but when people come on crying about something, and someone else gives realist, solid, honest tried and true advice, some will cry more and then tell us "how can you say this to me??? wah wah wah...

There are a lot of us in the same boat, same situation. We're sick, we're working for peanuts, we used to have a better job, a better quality of life, but we sure as heck haven't given up enough to allow the machine to eat us up and poop us out as useless nothings!

I have demanded from my CMMs respect. I have a rapport with them and explained how bad my work was because I could hardly keep up with 10 - 15 different acounts. Flat out told them it is unrealistic to expect my production to be what they want, my accuracy to be what they want and for me to possibly be of any benefit to the company. I said if they wanted to keep me, they needed to work with me.

I am nothing special, no body's "pet" MT. I now have 3 regular accounts only. I got what I wanted, they get from me what they NEED, a quality MT that gets it done.

I refuse to be a doormat, to listen to the paranoid conspiracy theories that are constantly popping up on this board and when I read about someone WHINING about how miserable they chose to be because they won't give it their all to fix it, I WILL RAISE MY VOICE TO SAY TRY HARDER.

Water jugs on pedals.... P-L-E-A-S-E!!!

We deserve better, but if you CHOOSE to cower and take it, tough luck. That all on you.
thats bs. this is "fight" board - its "catharctic" - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
it goes something like this
i'm so SICK of your WHINING
you really have no reason to WHINE, so
how bout you grow up and get REAL JOB

some people on this board are FREAKIN MEAN
maybe you just get lucky and only read the nice posts

do not read - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think what the above poster means is that people need to start standing up for themselves. If people keep letting themselves be taken advantage of, people will keep doing it. You need to stick up for yourself. People make it like MQ is some kind of God or something that we should fear. You need to stand up to them when they are doing you wrong. I have stated this also in the past and have been told that I won't keep my job long if I have that attitude. Well, I still have my job. The only difference is that people don't walk all over me. There are many people who feel the way I do and still have their jobs. I believe the poster above is trying to tell people to stand up for themselves.

I'm sorry, but it is rather silly reading on how people put things on their pedal and stuff. People fear that they will be fired if they are not typing 24 hours a day. That is ridiculous. I don't care who your supervisor is, don't let them walk on you. If you request a day off and they don't answer, take it anyway. If you get NJA and somebody **** to you on your production, tell them it is not your problem you have no work. If someone complains about blanks, tell them if you could understand there would be no blanks. You just have to stop worrying so much about keeping your job and just do it the best you can and don't take any crap!
Thank you! I was afraid I was the only one who wanted MTs - to take control of their lives. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
control - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You're welcome. I have had this attitude with every job I have had in my life, not just MT, and have never been fired for it. If anything, I gained more respect from my employer. If you let people take advantage of you they will. I had a job once where the boss was trying to put way more work on me than I could handle and I told him I just couldn't do it. Now mind you, I am not lazy and was seriously doing all I could do. Well, he threatened me and pointed his finger in my face. Well, I did not like that and I pointed my finger right back and told him why his request was not acceptable and slammed his door on my way out of his office. Later on, he came back to me and apologized. You have to stick up for yourself. If you truly believe you are doing the best job you can, fight for yourself.

Now you can't be one of those people that just don't want to work and complain. I have always been a hard worker and deserve the right to be treated fairly.

If you are tired of tons of different accounts all the time, talk to your supervisor about getting regular work. Tell them that if they want good production and good reports, you can't do it jumping from account to account. To me, there is really no reason we should be jumping all over the place. At times, during the holidays, things slow down and we might get different accounts, but if I can't understand them, I punch out and come back later when my regular work is there. Seriously, talk to you supervisor about regular work. I have known for years that you cannot do new doctors without a learning period. I don't mind coming on at odd times and doing this. If you can't do odd times, then I guess you get what is there. It is an individual decision.
CONTROL - Nature
[ In Reply To ..]
Wonderful advice. That is what I do also. I am single (divorced), and I do have the time to do that. I am also semi-retired. I try not to stress myself out with this job. Do what you have to do (as long as you stay within the guidelines of MQ) to make your job as productive as possible. Today is my first time sending in NJA. I usually sit and wait for work to come in, but I decided to take the plunge and send in a NJA order. I called my CCM and asked if I had to use my PTO, and she said no that I could make up the work or be released without pay (which is what I did). It is a wonderful feeling to take charge of your life. Come on fellow MTs, try it!!!! Every little bit of stress that you can get rid of will have impact on your life. Anyone else have any suggestions that may help?
no more guilt over OT or incentives - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
I used to stress seriously every time I got email pleas for extra hours or these weekend joke incentives were offered. I interpreted the emails my CCM and other MQ people would send that somehow I was obligated to work and somehow less of an employee and felt guilty because I "let the team down" by not working extra. It took a lot of soul searching and exactly what you said- taking charge of my life- to realize that I could say no and walk away from the computer and the backlog would survive. I put in my scheduled hours during the week and make sure I am doing my best and leave it there. I tend to have workaholic tendencies anyway and working a free for all bonanza on OT and incentives would ensure I never saw my family or had any time for myself because I would work the whole time. For me anyway learning to say no and not feeling guilty about it has been the best thing.

Victimization - PedalPshr

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for that post! Been thinking that a long time; goes for personal AND professional relationships. Can't be a door mat unless you lie down. We're not saying it's easy but it must be done. I've had to leave 2 IC gigs in the last 18 months because I refused to be treated badly. Kept the job until I secured the new job.

i'm looking outside the mt industry - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
i really dont want to be a victim anymore to any of them. the indians can have my job when i'm done with it if they dont get it sooner

Similar Messages:

FYI For All The Posters Who Wonder About Nuance
Mar 29, 2013

I had a terrible experience and thankfully moved on.  Believe everything you hear about this company and make your own informed decision.  All you have to do is believe that most people who work there are DISSATISFIED.  Yes, it's true.   I can't tell you what to do, but if I could I would tell you to seek employment elsehwere.  I only wish I had been forewarned 3 years ago.   I think all of you contemplating employment with Nuance should consider yourselve ...

From A Couple Of Posters Below. WE NEED AN
Jul 31, 2013

After all, MModal has a Facebook page.  We need to start an anti-MModal Facebook Page.  We could write stories of what is happening to us with this company and how we are treated and send in pictures of us working ourselves to death, etc.  Even spouses could get involve and family members how we are to work during holidays, but then there is no work, yet we are to get our hours in.  We write on MTstars, why not have one for Facebook????? ...

MM Posters, Please Read
Mar 21, 2014

Although this new coding program is through MModal, and although you are still MTs/MEs for MModal, all coding discussions are to be done on the coding board.  Thank you.       ...

I Do Not Think The Posters Below About Being Fired Are Lying
Jun 14, 2011

Earlier e mail today said of not getting lph or hours in should be contacting ccm daily and daily was stressed. ...

Posters Mention The Big 2 Companies. What Big 2 ?
Dec 12, 2012

I may be out of the loop.  I know that the big Canadian A (eh?) gobbled up a lot of USA companies, then gobbled up MM, then the big A  got gobbled up by the N.  And now I thought we are all the N.  Is there another big company ? ...

2 Posters Below Are Making 45-50K Yearly, Which Is Hard To Believe. How
Dec 21, 2009

many of you are making this much with MQ?  I certainly am not. Even if I worked full time it wouldn't happen with the horrible new accounts I have. ...

ATTN: ALL COMPANY BOARD POSTERS - SM
Jun 25, 2011

Enough of this bickering.  Stop it. Each one of you have to simply accept that there are others out there who have NOT had YOUR particular experience with the company in question (i.e., whichever company is being discussed).  Having a positive experience with a company or simply not agreeing with you does not make the other poster a "suit" or "management" so stop with that labeling.  As well, stop with the accusations that those with negative posts are "whiners" or "babies" or " ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

To Vocational Rehab Posters Below...just Got A Call
Jan 06, 2014

They want me to come in tomorrow at 2:30 for an appointment.  Nervous!! I feel like if they wre going to turn me down it would have been through the mail and not wasting thier time and mine with an appointment.  Hopefully this is something definitive and not just needing more paperwork filled out.  This is my last semester in community college and if this doesn't work out I don't know how I will pay for University.  Wish me luck!!  ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

Those Posters Who Claim DIT Has Not Paid Them - SM
Jan 13, 2010

Please contact me about your unpaid work with DIT.  I want to make sure they resolve their pay issues if they are going to advertise jobs here. Moderator   ...

All Posters Please Read - SM
Jan 23, 2010

First, no one on this board has any clue who the identity of other posters are.  Not one of you.   You cannot assume that any 2 or more posts are by the same poster, even if the same moniker is used.  Second, no one on this board has the right to call anyone else a liar because you don't believe the information they posted.  Doing so will get you banned. Moderator   ...