A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2 posters below are making 45-50K yearly, which is hard to believe. How - mtt

Posted: Dec 21, 2009

many of you are making this much with MQ?  I certainly am not. Even if I worked full time it wouldn't happen with the horrible new accounts I have.

Not me! Went from 36K to 26K this year nm - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
x

re: mtt - Reata

[ In Reply To ..]
I am.

Yeah I found it hard to believe also - NOMO

[ In Reply To ..]
Just to have 2 posters who normally don't post want to chime in when a potential newby wants feedback. When I quit, my income had dropped 400.00 per month and did not stay to see how much it would drop further.

90% of my work was offshored. It hasn't happened everywhere yet. - HorseLUVR

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Not only is it hard to believe, it is physically impossible - One says she is 90% ASR which means

[ In Reply To ..]
She would be transcribing/editing anywhere from 3600 to 4000 lines per day in order to make up the 40% deficit in her cpl. That would be 500-700 lph. Sorry...Do Not Believe It. The only ones making over 30,000 do NO ASR and have longterm accounts with multiple expanders. And the number is very few.

I think you should be an accountant instead. I have made - mtt

[ In Reply To ..]
$17 this pay period since getting new accounts.

Physically impossible - Givemeabreak

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only is it physically possible, I have been doing it every year for the 3 years I have been here, starting at 40K the first year and just over $50K this year. Just because you cannot do it does not mean it isn't possible. I do about 50/50 ASR and straight typing with over 80% ESL.

I hear about those people who can do 600 lines an hour ASR. I can't possibly do that and even though I have no idea how they do it, I have to believe that they can.

By the way, I have ALWAYS gotten 100% on all of my audits. I have been doing this going on 30 years.

I hate to sound ugly but I just get sick and tired of people accusing other posters of exaggerating or down-right lying just because they can achieve something that others can't. It all depends on your experience, knowledge and physical abilities, period!

Uh..yeah...you're kind of making my point...you could not do 600 lph - and you do 50/50

[ In Reply To ..]
The proof is in the numbers..simply put. If you are doing mostly ASR you have to produce 3500-4000 lines per day to make up the deficit. There is no getting around it. More power to you if you are able to make over 50,000 doing 50/50 ASR..I suspect you do more straight typing than ASR. BTW...what is YOUR average LPH then?? Based on average cpl of 0.09 to .10, factoring in 40% deduction for ASR...again...numbers don't lie.
By mycalculations, you do 50/50 ASR and must produce at least - 2800-3000 lines per day..EACH day without fail
[ In Reply To ..]
again...if you are able to...good for you...but I find it very suspect.

give some tips - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to make that much.

I've also seen my pay decrease with the increased amount of ASR I get these days. I'd say I'm probably at 60/40 or so now from about 20/80 6 months ago.

I find I struggle some days with heavy ASR to get double lines in just to make my straight rate.

Have you had the same accounts since you've been at MQ. What shift do you work on. I've been thinking maybe a change in my schedule might help.

Thanks for any tips you can give. Happy Holidays
Tips . . .(?) - givemeabreak
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure if I really have any "tips." I think I have gotten fast just out of pure repetition. I am 48 years old and have only had 2 jobs, both transcription. I was hired when I was 18 just because I was a fast typist and I had to learn everything from trial and error. I started out using a typewriter, having to use carbon paper for copies! The hospital I worked at closed after Hurricane Katrina and I started working at MQ (4 years ago, not 3 now that I think about it). I think just from doing this for so long I rarely have to look up things, except physician addresses of course. I don't profess to know everything, like I said, mostly from repetition. The only thing I'm very strict about is sitting down and working all day. I never do busy work around the house and of course my kids are grown so I don't have to tend to them (I worked in-house when they were small).

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve 2800-3000 lines a day. I do, in fact, do it "EVERY day, without fail" and sometimes even more when I have more ASR.

Of course, some people just physically can't type as fast. It's not a slam or a fault, it's just a fact. If I had to do another profession I would probably starve, or at least be really hungry for a long time (lol).

I can't say enough for experience and time. Good luck. I know you can do this.

givemeabreak - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay -- I have been at this for over 30 years - been a director, supervisor, manager and a darn good MT. NEVER can anyone tell me that they have ALWAYS gotten 100% on all of their audits and I would believe that. Sorry, no matter how good you are - there is not a person out there who can do that! We are all human and that is not possible. 99%, 98% but not ALWAYS 100%.
Exactly! - I know whatcha mean.
[ In Reply To ..]
NO ONE ever gets 100% on audits. There'll always be at least one QA person out there who will have a different opinion on something, whether it's right or wrong. We all come from different backgrounds. That Stepford transcriptionist just doesn't exist and is pulling our tails, folks.
Audits - givemeabreak
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, just because you cannot do something does not mean it cannot be done. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you that I have. I'm sure there are many out here who do. It's just that the majority of people who post here have a chip on their shoulder and will find fault with ANYTHING anyone says that is positive, so therefore no one does. Why would I possibly lie about such a thing? I find it disturbing that no one will believe someone can always achieve 100% on an audit but have no problem believing that QA are planting "stupid mistakes" in reports so someone will fail an audit.

It's not the MT industry that is going down the drain. It's the mindset of some of those doing the job that will ultimately be its downfall.

I would imagine one's attitude has a lot to do with one's success.

You shouldn't be an accountant - Reed

[ In Reply To ..]
$50,000 per year/50 weeks per year/40 hours per week/$0.06 per line = 416.7 lph, and that's assuming 100% ASR.

BTW, I'm a he not a she, though I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Similar Messages:

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

BOS Yearly Changes
Oct 25, 2009

How do you alll find out about any changes when the new BOS comes out each year?  Is there a special section in the book?   I mean, I've read it once, it's not going to make my reading list.  If it weren't for message boards, I wouldn't have known about changes like I&D being changed to I and D and I don't want to rely just on the boards because I might miss something.  Thanks in advance!  ...

GYN Yearly
Feb 02, 2010

New doc to me says under OB hx - this pt is gravida 2, para 1, one vaginal delivery and one (s/l) y-duh-vo.   Does anyone know this s/l? ...

To Below Posters
Dec 13, 2010

I just wanted to say to those who judge others so harshly to remember what we are admonished about "Judge not, lest ye be judged."  Some MTs are having more trouible than others.  Lucky are those that are not.  Some MTs may be better at some reports than others, but we should not belittle those who are not "up to our standards."  I know that there are many MTs who are much better at this job than I am, but I would hope that there is still room for me, as after almost 11 years ...

FYI For All The Posters Who Wonder About Nuance
Mar 29, 2013

I had a terrible experience and thankfully moved on.  Believe everything you hear about this company and make your own informed decision.  All you have to do is believe that most people who work there are DISSATISFIED.  Yes, it's true.   I can't tell you what to do, but if I could I would tell you to seek employment elsehwere.  I only wish I had been forewarned 3 years ago.   I think all of you contemplating employment with Nuance should consider yourselve ...

From A Couple Of Posters Below. WE NEED AN
Jul 31, 2013

After all, MModal has a Facebook page.  We need to start an anti-MModal Facebook Page.  We could write stories of what is happening to us with this company and how we are treated and send in pictures of us working ourselves to death, etc.  Even spouses could get involve and family members how we are to work during holidays, but then there is no work, yet we are to get our hours in.  We write on MTstars, why not have one for Facebook????? ...

MM Posters, Please Read
Mar 21, 2014

Although this new coding program is through MModal, and although you are still MTs/MEs for MModal, all coding discussions are to be done on the coding board.  Thank you.       ...

I Do Not Think The Posters Below About Being Fired Are Lying
Jun 14, 2011

Earlier e mail today said of not getting lph or hours in should be contacting ccm daily and daily was stressed. ...

Posters Mention The Big 2 Companies. What Big 2 ?
Dec 12, 2012

I may be out of the loop.  I know that the big Canadian A (eh?) gobbled up a lot of USA companies, then gobbled up MM, then the big A  got gobbled up by the N.  And now I thought we are all the N.  Is there another big company ? ...

ATTN: ALL COMPANY BOARD POSTERS - SM
Jun 25, 2011

Enough of this bickering.  Stop it. Each one of you have to simply accept that there are others out there who have NOT had YOUR particular experience with the company in question (i.e., whichever company is being discussed).  Having a positive experience with a company or simply not agreeing with you does not make the other poster a "suit" or "management" so stop with that labeling.  As well, stop with the accusations that those with negative posts are "whiners" or "babies" or " ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

To Vocational Rehab Posters Below...just Got A Call
Jan 06, 2014

They want me to come in tomorrow at 2:30 for an appointment.  Nervous!! I feel like if they wre going to turn me down it would have been through the mail and not wasting thier time and mine with an appointment.  Hopefully this is something definitive and not just needing more paperwork filled out.  This is my last semester in community college and if this doesn't work out I don't know how I will pay for University.  Wish me luck!!  ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

Those Posters Who Claim DIT Has Not Paid Them - SM
Jan 13, 2010

Please contact me about your unpaid work with DIT.  I want to make sure they resolve their pay issues if they are going to advertise jobs here. Moderator   ...

All Posters Please Read - SM
Jan 23, 2010

First, no one on this board has any clue who the identity of other posters are.  Not one of you.   You cannot assume that any 2 or more posts are by the same poster, even if the same moniker is used.  Second, no one on this board has the right to call anyone else a liar because you don't believe the information they posted.  Doing so will get you banned. Moderator   ...

Hard To Take It Seriously--sm
May 07, 2014

I am actually checking FIESA right now as I was placed on a new account almost 2 weeks ago but I am having a hard time taking these scores seriously as I just saw a report of mine.  I left a blank , I did hear welder but the sentence was poor and I clearly heard retired earlier.  The sentence QA put in is:  He works welder.  I kid you not.  This next paycheck I pay a bill off.  There are things I need some money for and I keep trying to remind myself of that so ...

It Is Just SO Hard To Try And Do My Very Best For
Jul 15, 2014

a company who treats me like garbage.  I get a warning for 2 (yes just 2) reports that have quality issues (they say).  Hmmmm.  Never had this problem before. ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

How Hard Is It Going To Be To Fine A New Job...
Oct 16, 2011

after being fired?   ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

$$ Your Pay, Your Hard Work!
Mar 31, 2012

I am wondering if you all feel like I do, many years as a transcriptionist and the industry has changed so. I used to be able to earn an income that I could live on and now half that amount!  I would like to hear what your paychecks are, the amount of hours you work and is anyone satisfied.  No names, of course, yours or the companies!  I, personally, absolutely kill myself for $10/hour.  For some unnamed companies you are suppose to earn an established amount ...

How Hard Is It To Get A Job Once You've Finished A Course?
May 24, 2012

Hello.  I would like to switch from transcribing to coding.  I'm considering CareerStep.  Would it be very difficult for me to find a job where I work from home, or just finding a job at all?  Thank you. ...

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

Hard To Believe What Mgm Asks You To Do
Jan 13, 2013

This past week editing a report and the dictator was giving the diagnosis. By the way this was an ESL so lots of the voice recognition was wrong to start with, numerous corrections had to be made. The guy started out with 1 and then 2 and dictating away. They then said #6 and I did not hear the numbers in between. I sent instant message telling mgm and was told after the fact I should have divided the categories. I am not a physician, could not differentiate that clearly to start with, the guy c ...

How Hard Is It To Get A TSM Job At Nuance?
Jul 13, 2014

If I have 5 years experience as a transcriptionist and a Bachelors degree in education, do you think I could get a job as a TSM?  I don't have experience as an editor or manager and haven't gotten my CMT so I don't meet all the requirements they list, but I'm wondering how picky they are? ...

New Hard Drives
Aug 07, 2014

I haven't received my new hard drive yet. Are the main programs already loaded on. ...