A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking at the grid, the numbers appear to only - justpassingthrough

Posted: Dec 03, 2014

take into account working 8 hours per day. What happens to part-time people? How will that be figured. Yesterday my C-LPH would have been between 150 and 170, but my total line count for the day was not between 1200 and 1360. How is that gonna work? Anybody got any clues?

Has nothing to do with pt/ft - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's lines divided by hours worked. Whether you work 2 hours in a day or 12 doesn't matter. If you work 4 hours and type 600 lines, you have 150 lph.

Or if you edit - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you work 4 hours and edit 800 lines, you have 100 c-lph!! How exciting!!

(sorry couldn't help myself) : )

o wow, just realized....sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
just realized what your saying. For editing lines your screwed then. For LPH. If you work day shift and have no differentials and edit 1000 lines in 5 hours for example.... it will be 500 converted lines. so 500 c-lph for 5 hours will equal 100 LPH. NOW do they calculate your LPH before they convert or after? I'm so confused. If they divide edited lines first and then calculate your LPH your screwed over.
Your LPH is now C-LPH - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
Your pay is based on C-LPH. In essence, they divide the lines first.

If you edit 250 lph now, your C-LPH is 125 and you just made 4.37 per hour. If your quality is above 99.3% and you sent less than 10% if your work to QC, you made $4.68 per hour. But of course you have minimum wage guarantee whatever that is for your state, at least until Nuance gets tired of paying MUP.

For me, I have to edit a minimum of C-LPH 120 (240 really) every hour, every day to meet minimum wage in my state.

Yes, we are all screwed unless you are one of the lucky ones with a straight typing account or you have plenty of work and no quality issues.

Please ignore any spelling issues as I just had a glass of wine!! : )
Opps, need to fix my numbers!! - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
Should read $8.75 per hour for the first one and $9.37 per hour for the second. My sincere apologies for my miscalculations. : /

Similar Messages:

Not On Grid??
Dec 12, 2014

What happens when you make 100% QA, less than 10% QC but your lines are under 100 LPH and not on the grid? Let's say you had all that and was at 90 C-LPH....is that still 7 cpl then? Thanks! ...

Off The Grid
Feb 16, 2015

If someone falls off the grid, is their pay automatically 7/3.5 cents/line or does it drop even further? ...

New Pay Grid.
Mar 24, 2015

So after anguishing over this new pay grid I began crunching numbers. If I continue with my average line count which is around 170 lph and fall off the grid I will be making $12.75 ph. If I send more than the QC% of 10% I will make 11.90. So worst case scenario is $11.90 ph at this point. I have looked around at other jobs and as it has been stated years of MT experience does not transitiion well into other fields. Options:  Start over in a whole new area, retail, customer service, and ...

Pay Grid
Apr 09, 2015

I have to say 9 months ago when I hired in, I was very skeptical of all the nay sayers on this forum.  The new pay scale came out and a month into it, I was like awesome!  I was getting 100% most every week and a decent paycheck.  Now...........I have been under 99% consistently for 6 weeks!  I continuously watch, I will get a 100%, another 100% and then the game is on!  They are going to keep auditing until they find one that will knock me off the pay scale and have suc ...

Fell Off The Grid....
Feb 12, 2015

This is the first time on this new pay plan that I've fallen below 99%.  I have had two reports audited so far.  Usually I have three or four, so maybe there is still hope.  The two reports I have had audited each had a tiny 0.25 point error -- enough to drop me down to a 98.75!!  ~sigh~ ...

Pay Grid For Non-Bayscribe
May 26, 2015

Does anyone have a copy of the pay grid for non-Bayscribe?  Is it the same grid as before the recent cut? ...

Newest BS--QC Grid
May 27, 2015

An email was sent to QC stating that even though we are pretty much just doing a second pass editing job now and on production only, it was stated they still expect us to send feedback to MLS.  So instead of using Fiesa for its intended purpose we are suppose to go back to sending feedback emails.  First of all, from reading posts on here it has been stated by many that QC error feedback doesn't count for anything with regards to pay, etc., so why waste time looking at it.  S ...

Grid For New Compensation Plan
Dec 05, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "grid" they keep talking about and showed in the video?  Thanks ...

Take A Look At The Grid ... Nuance Doesn't
Feb 13, 2015

If you look at the pay grid, N actually pays LESS for having a high QC% than for having a low QA score.  How does that make any sense?  They would rather having us submitting reports to the client with possible errors than sending things to QC.  It's all about the production! ...

What's Wrong With Their Stupid Grid?
Mar 13, 2015

There are many, many things wrong and unfair about their moronic scheme to accomplish wage theft, but here's just one: The doctor says something stupid and I know it's wrong, but I'm not going to put in a blank because that will put me over the threshold where I have to send it to QA and that will put me over the threshold of not meeting the less than 10% QC criteria. I apologize, stupid doctor, but this is not my fault. It's yours for saying something stupid. I realiz ...

Question On The Compensation Grid
May 17, 2015

Can someone explain to me what the "tier" denotes and what is the difference between tier 0 and tier 15?  I must have been laughing (or crying) during that part of the presentation.  THANK YOU! ...

GRID - Get Rolling In The Dough
Jun 25, 2015

I'd like to hear from Nuance MT's that received this email the other day...and hear how it made you feel....thanks ...

QCs, Save Your Grid-related Emails
May 20, 2015

to your desktop, save any old performance reports to show changes that happen before and after, anything showing changes in pay before and after, before you get locked out of email.  This "Grid Scandal" has Class Action Suit written all over it.  When you are finally forced out for "nonperformance" then you have a paper trail.  Nuance is going to unleash the full fury of QA upon us to catch every misplaced comma in order to dock our pay as much as they can, and when you are finall ...

Numbers?
Jan 20, 2010

patient has a longstanding history of intravenous heroin abuse, a 300 dollars a day habit.  Is it $300 a day or three hundred dollars a day, or 300 dollars a day? ...

2 Numbers In A Row
Nov 22, 2011

I am typing a document and the doc states that the patient took 16 10-mg methadone tablets.  How would you guys write the 2 numbers in a row? ...

CCM And 800 Numbers
Jan 14, 2013

Has anyone noticed that CCMs don't have 800 numbers anymore?  They expect us to absorb the cost of a long distance call to talk to our boss.  What us up with that? ...

Does Everybody Keep A Log Of At Least Job Numbers?
Jan 25, 2013

I've been keeping a Notepad document running of all my job numbers in order to confirm Fiesa feedback (sometimes they get the wrong MT, had that happen 3 times so far, so you need to check that if a correction is not familiar to you) or whatever issues might come up. But occasionally I forget to even log a report, and I realized that I can double-check via Metrics as well as with my ID and date on Search Dictations, so why bother?  Just wondering if some don't bother with this and ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Numbers And Meds
Feb 04, 2010

I know we should type the sentence below as: Advair 250/50 1 puff twice a day but to me, that looks like it could be confusing when the dosage and amount of med are so close together.  I know we're not supposed to do it like this but this is what I type instead: Advair 250/50 one puff twice a day. Am I committing a horrible crime here?      ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Do The Productivity Numbers Really Add Up?
Apr 13, 2011

My actual ASR lph and what they say I could do if there wasn't any "inactive" time is usually almost double. I have no idea how I can humanly close that gap. And yes, I am not using the dreaded mouse. I put my nose to the grind stone with absolutely no inactivity due to doing anything other than edit, and yet, I still come up with the lph they report I am doing rather than what they think I should be able to do without any inactivity. Interesting that this time they had a mouse click re ...

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

Ortho Numbers
Aug 16, 2011

I'm on a new ortho account. He states: Contusion of the right elbow clinically improving IC9719.42/812.0 plus 923.9. I have no idea what these numbers are for. Are they for the coders and if so does anyone know the right formattting for them? I transcribed just as he said. Any help is appreciated! ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

ROMANS OR NUMBERS????
Apr 03, 2013

can anyone give me a clear understanding on what is to be typed in romans or numbers as far as Class, Types, Grades and levels?? Do different work types, i.e., use different ways, such as orthopedics? ...

Why Is ASR Spelling Out All Numbers
May 19, 2014

Last time I was notified numbers were allowed at the beginning of sentences anyway. Really getting to be a PIA.. ...

Synernet Numbers
Jan 03, 2015

Maybe an odd question but do any of my fellow Synernet MTs know, even approximately, how many of us there are? Seems they are always hiring yet we're always still in MOT. I've been here a while and names on IM are always changing. I guess I don't really NEED to know but it's one of those things that seems to be some big secret, we're supposed to be a "team" but on what team do the players not even know how many are on the team much less not know anyone else on the so-cal ...

Is There A Way To Check Which Job Numbers You Have
May 18, 2015

jobs today!!! WTH!!!  ...

2 Numbers In A Row...seeking BOS Reference
Oct 27, 2009

Theo-24 200 mg is dictated.  As you can see, this puts 2 numbers side by side.  In this instance, is it okay to type this way or do I type differently.  What page in the BOS 2 is this type of issue referenced?   Thanks ...