A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QCs, save your grid-related emails - SoonToBeExQC

Posted: May 20, 2015

to your desktop, save any old performance reports to show changes that happen before and after, anything showing changes in pay before and after, before you get locked out of email.  This "Grid Scandal" has Class Action Suit written all over it.  When you are finally forced out for "nonperformance" then you have a paper trail.  Nuance is going to unleash the full fury of QA upon us to catch every misplaced comma in order to dock our pay as much as they can, and when you are finally fired at least you have something to show the lawyers. 

Yes, you speak the truth - I've seen it in action... - Another AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
There has definitely been a DRASTIC change with regard to QA. Very discouraging to say the least. Wall, writing, weep...

The full fury of QA? - so I have to wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
What's in it for QA? Do you QCs know? Nobody's auditing them, are they?

Do they get bonuses based on how many errors (and hence how many $ off us) they find?

We MTs have been putting up with this for a long, long time now and it is not fun.

Every time I get a good week or two they invariably find something and dock my pay again, so there really does seem to be some incentive for QA to knock our pay down.

So can we all agree that FIESA exists for no reason other than to dock our pay?

If they do incentivize QA to find errors with the sole purpose of cutting our pay (I have had some ridiculously nitpicking ones and yet they are upheld and used to dock my pay, so hardly objective guidelines) could that possibly be legal?

Down the page a ways it was said QA is on production too - now, BUT based on audits in the

[ In Reply To ..]
past week that I've received (as QC), I have to think they are definitely receiving some sort of incentive based on the errors found. I've gone from prior great quality to all of a sudden not so great. Do the math?

My same exact experience :( nm - Another AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

We've been saying that in MT for a while now. - wtfe

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard not to come to that conclusion considering the way they edit.

Right, not just you. That is how they will do it - SoonToBeExQC

[ In Reply To ..]
They will go through every word to find things that never mattered before. Suddenly my quality is going down too, glad I saved all of my prior glowing reports (and yes, not just to the desktop, good point). But we will get killed not only for quality, also for total production numbers. QC work is scarce now, especially with the MTs being told to bypass QC and upload directly.

The only light at the end of this tunnel is on the freight train bearing down on us.

Dont trust saving it to the desktop alone. Always do screen shots, copy - flash drive - anything else as backup. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I cant emphasize that enough, how important it is to do backup. No matter you save to desktop, there is always the possibility that it wont be available after you are suddenly without warning terminated or locked out.

Remember, this is Nuisance, they will do anything and everything to screw the MTs over. That's not paranoia, that's a carved in stone, proven many times over on here fact.

I use Microsoft OneNote for screen clippings. - wtfe

[ In Reply To ..]
Works really well. Emails you can actually print to PDF on your computer. Most things in fact you can usually print to your computer as a PDF file. Just save it where you want.

Similar Messages:

Not On Grid??
Dec 12, 2014

What happens when you make 100% QA, less than 10% QC but your lines are under 100 LPH and not on the grid? Let's say you had all that and was at 90 C-LPH....is that still 7 cpl then? Thanks! ...

Off The Grid
Feb 16, 2015

If someone falls off the grid, is their pay automatically 7/3.5 cents/line or does it drop even further? ...

New Pay Grid.
Mar 24, 2015

So after anguishing over this new pay grid I began crunching numbers. If I continue with my average line count which is around 170 lph and fall off the grid I will be making $12.75 ph. If I send more than the QC% of 10% I will make 11.90. So worst case scenario is $11.90 ph at this point. I have looked around at other jobs and as it has been stated years of MT experience does not transitiion well into other fields. Options:  Start over in a whole new area, retail, customer service, and ...

Pay Grid
Apr 09, 2015

I have to say 9 months ago when I hired in, I was very skeptical of all the nay sayers on this forum.  The new pay scale came out and a month into it, I was like awesome!  I was getting 100% most every week and a decent paycheck.  Now...........I have been under 99% consistently for 6 weeks!  I continuously watch, I will get a 100%, another 100% and then the game is on!  They are going to keep auditing until they find one that will knock me off the pay scale and have suc ...

Looking At The Grid, The Numbers Appear To Only
Dec 03, 2014

take into account working 8 hours per day. What happens to part-time people? How will that be figured. Yesterday my C-LPH would have been between 150 and 170, but my total line count for the day was not between 1200 and 1360. How is that gonna work? Anybody got any clues? ...

Fell Off The Grid....
Feb 12, 2015

This is the first time on this new pay plan that I've fallen below 99%.  I have had two reports audited so far.  Usually I have three or four, so maybe there is still hope.  The two reports I have had audited each had a tiny 0.25 point error -- enough to drop me down to a 98.75!!  ~sigh~ ...

Pay Grid For Non-Bayscribe
May 26, 2015

Does anyone have a copy of the pay grid for non-Bayscribe?  Is it the same grid as before the recent cut? ...

Newest BS--QC Grid
May 27, 2015

An email was sent to QC stating that even though we are pretty much just doing a second pass editing job now and on production only, it was stated they still expect us to send feedback to MLS.  So instead of using Fiesa for its intended purpose we are suppose to go back to sending feedback emails.  First of all, from reading posts on here it has been stated by many that QC error feedback doesn't count for anything with regards to pay, etc., so why waste time looking at it.  S ...

Grid For New Compensation Plan
Dec 05, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "grid" they keep talking about and showed in the video?  Thanks ...

Take A Look At The Grid ... Nuance Doesn't
Feb 13, 2015

If you look at the pay grid, N actually pays LESS for having a high QC% than for having a low QA score.  How does that make any sense?  They would rather having us submitting reports to the client with possible errors than sending things to QC.  It's all about the production! ...

What's Wrong With Their Stupid Grid?
Mar 13, 2015

There are many, many things wrong and unfair about their moronic scheme to accomplish wage theft, but here's just one: The doctor says something stupid and I know it's wrong, but I'm not going to put in a blank because that will put me over the threshold where I have to send it to QA and that will put me over the threshold of not meeting the less than 10% QC criteria. I apologize, stupid doctor, but this is not my fault. It's yours for saying something stupid. I realiz ...

Question On The Compensation Grid
May 17, 2015

Can someone explain to me what the "tier" denotes and what is the difference between tier 0 and tier 15?  I must have been laughing (or crying) during that part of the presentation.  THANK YOU! ...

GRID - Get Rolling In The Dough
Jun 25, 2015

I'd like to hear from Nuance MT's that received this email the other day...and hear how it made you feel....thanks ...

MRI Related Question
Jan 29, 2012

This is my first MRI transcription. I cannot make out a word that sounds like "blike" or "blyke"? This is the context: T1 and dual spin-echo weighted a blike and coronal, and T1-weighted a blike sagittal and gradient echo axial images of the left shoulder was performed.... Thanks! ...

MOT Related To Bankruptcy?
May 12, 2015

It's been my experience that when there's a deluge of work all at once to be finished up, it's because the hospital/company is about to switch gears, with the MT suffering the most.  I'm not financial savvy, but I wonder if this latest MOT stuff is related to the recent bankruptcy, that possibly the reserve money to pay the MTs is running out, so the company is about to go under or sell out.  Something's up for sure. ...

Nonsteroidal-related Dyspepsia
Nov 04, 2010

Nonsteroidal-related dyspepsia.....with or without the dash? ...

Related Lines Of Work
Aug 27, 2013

I've been in healthcare documentation for over 7 years. The well is drying up, it seems that almost nobody is hiring, and the ones that are want the whole class to be as good as the valedictorian, if you know what I mean (and the medical industry as a whole seems bound and determined to destroy employee rights). Can my experience get me something in legal transcription or something else more stable? I can't afford more schooling, I got bills to pay. ...

Another Not Related To MT Question. I Recently
Apr 13, 2014

purchased a book on eBay.  The member not only accepted my pay and did not send, it she was very rude about it.  I think I have done all I can do, but I want to make sure.  She is leaving me negative feedback simply because I left it about her.  That is not fair and I have reported her.  Oh and to let you all know, it is a seller going by amg585.  I asked them where my book was and got a very rude response so am asking for a refund, but the fact they are leaving me ...

MQ Has To SEVERELY Cut Employee-related Costs And
Mar 22, 2010

There are severe legal ramifications if you put in writing that you agree to this cost cutting/salary control maneuvering by MQ.  Essentially they are getting us to let them off the hook with these "ESSAYS."  Please note on the email it states:  "All entries become the property of MQ and may be used in future communications."  Also, not to be outdone by their own salary slashing FTR program, they have also taken more time/money away from us as these are to be done on OUR O ...

On-line Screen-related Question
Aug 04, 2010

When I log in anywhere on the Internet I cannot seem to see any tool bars anymore.  I don't know how they "disappeared" but they are not there.  You know, the ones where it says File, Edit, View, etc. and the other one where it has Safety, Tools, etc.  I really need these back and cannot remember how to put them back on there.  TIA for any help. ...

Psych Or Drug-related - S/l C-Wah Scale
Mar 14, 2011

Sounds like she says "See-Wha" although possibly CY scale.  Any ideas?   TIA! ...

Need To Vent (computer Chair Related)
Apr 27, 2011

My computer chair tore up, so I needed to get a new one. I tried some out at the store and got a cushy one. After I put it together and sat in it for 30 minutes, I had severe pain. It felt like my whole body went numb and tingly. So I had to take it back. I got a second chair and can tell it's not going to be comfortable and that I will need to take it back. I'm sick, tired, and frustrated about this. Not at the stores or the people that work there, because it's not their fault ( ...

What Is Your Work-related New Year's Resolution?
Dec 19, 2011

I mean this post in all ernest, I am genuinely interested in hearing about those things that you might do differently next year to make things better than this year.  I'll go first.  1.  I plan to stay more focused on my work instead of checking in here, so much.  I plan to accomplish this by removing my MTStars icon from my toolbar, thus removing my temptation to click on it and navigate here so many times during the day.  I sat down the other day and analyzed how ...

Suggestion To Aid With Income-related Discussions.
Aug 10, 2012

I've noticed that we need some sort of standard reference or metric to use when we talk about income-related issues, and this metric should not merely reference dollars (or cents), but should relate this to <i>a unit of time</i>.  At the end of the day, it's how much you earned per unit of time that really matters, and this the only sort of metric that takes into account all of the variables that a mere monetary reference such as "line rate" does not. The line rate pa ...

Word Help Related To Puberty/ Macromastia
Jun 01, 2014

early onset of s/l Telarkey. ...

OMG Think Of All The $$$ MQ Could Save If We
Nov 14, 2011

used those little emoticon thingies.  I don't know many of them, but I understand there are dozens.  These could obviously be used in our reports so we don't get paid for actual words... If prognosis is guarded, use that little frownie face. That heart thing could be used for dozens of things. Wow, docs could just use their "smart" phones to enter gibberish abbreviations and signs and MQ could just have us edit them for no money whatsoever. What's the world coming to ...

Please Help: Is There A Way To Save Your
Dec 08, 2014

the last time my computer crashed I lost them ALL and I am now in the process of re-entering them...wow it's so much work.  I am kicking myself for not figuring out how to save them before, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!  ...

Tax Debt Related To Independenct Contractor Status
Jan 02, 2014

I wonder if anyone else has gotten her/himself into a predicament like mine.  Instead of paying estimated quarterly taxes, I've been trying to pay a lump sum when tax time comes on Apr. 15 each year.  It's a bad situation because I never have the amount that's due to pay.  I've been on an monthly installment plan for 3 years, and I never miss a payment or pay late.  At this point, I still owe for most of 2011 and all of 2012.  I also have a full time ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...