A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you find yourself employed at Nuance through no fault of your own, with no other choice - you need to:

Posted: Mar 13, 2014

Claim bankruptcy right away because soon you won’t be able to afford debt, and then you won’t be able to afford to file bankruptcy either, and you could lose much more than your self-esteem. You will probably eventually lose that.

Buy a cappuccino maker because you won’t be able to buy fancy coffee anymore. You will know exactly what is in it too. 

Keep the basics stocked: rice, beans, taters, nuts, fruit, eggs, flour, sugar, etc, because your food budget will be cut drastically and these will keep you healthier, and you can still whip up a sweet now and then. You’ll be making all your meals at home because if you do go out to eat you might have to tip, and you need that $4. You will lose weight, I assure you.

Get cozy with COZI TV. 

Learn how to grow your own vegetables, herbs, etc. Plant a pear tree in your yard too. You will know exactly where they had been before they cross your lips. 

Have a big rummage sale now and then and get rid of all that junk you don’t need for a few extra $$ in your pocket. If you can afford pockets, consider yourself lucky.

Good and sound advice. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Response - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
True enough - I lost my home and don't have money to do ANYTHING anymore.

It's sad, but MTs are literally working for pennies - anymore SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It should be against the law to pay anyone 4 cents a line as high as the cost of living is. And to top it off, that's based on production pending work availability and I'm speaking in terms of MTSOs in general, not just Nuance. They could at least throw in $3 an hour or something to compensate for such low line rates. The OPs post is hilarious, but sadly true.

No kidding. Waitresses make at least that plus tips to make up MM - It is sad nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

uh oh, someone who can afford pockets - dislikes this ~ nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

Is that person even human? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, she/he is heartless. And better watch her/his back because with every acquisition, HR heads roll.

LOL!!! Your post is hilarious!! - and the truth.

[ In Reply To ..]

Nuance - LJC

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh so true - been there, done that - all of it! What she failed to mention is that if you decide (stupidly) to go ahead and stay with Nuance after the merger rather than looking around, there is good chance they will take away the accounts you used to work on, give you a new temporary account and then when the temporary account is about to end, fire you and claim something stupid like insubordination!

More suggestions - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Find the recycling center and start collecting aluminun cans and scrap metal if you have a truck. I found 2 metal spoons that were silver and made $42 on them and took my aluminum cat food cans in and made $7.70 which at Aldi means a week's worth of groceries and half a tank of gas!
2. Go on care.com and get an account. I signed up for pet sitting, old people sitting and light housework.
3. Sign up for food stamps. Here's the SNAP criteria web site http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility.

Thank you for this info. - NUANCE SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

[ In Reply To ..]
Previously appropriately paid, highly skilled transcriptionists now working for the air we breathe. I, for one, will be following up on your suggestions. I never in a million years would have thought I would be in this situation. I'm about to lose everything I've worked for and am quite far away from retirement. Thank you, Nuance, for taking EVERYTHING away from me after what I gave you.

I forgot more suggestions - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
I forgot you can also make up to $300 a month for selling plasma. They go by weight and I'm elegible for the big pay as long as my only vein holds out! Here's the web site address you can see if there's a plasma center near you.
http://www.talecrisplasma.com/html/talecris-locations.htm

OMG, cat food cans? - FOR CASH?

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been putting them in the recycling bin. Duh! Thanks for the tip! I owe you!

check the can with a magnet if it doesnt stick its aluminum - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

How many cat food cans did it take to reach $7.70? sm - ACatLady

[ In Reply To ..]
Were they the 3 ounce, 5.5 ounce, or 13 ounce cans. I think some of the 13 ounce ones are actually part steel. Researched this recently as with multiple cats I go through a lot of cans.Wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile or not, especially with having to clean out the cans first and remove labels.

cat food cans - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had 4 partial bags this time, last time I turned them in was in October last year and got $30 for them. They're the regular Friskies and Aldi cans, not the really small like Fancy Feast. If you put a magnet on them and it doesn't stick, it's aluminum. I wash my recycling anyway, so I just put the regular recycling in one trash can, the aluminum in another trash can and then the garbage in another. My son is going to fix me up a compost bin so I won't have hardly any waste at all.
I always wash mine too, ants - smg
[ In Reply To ..]
But do you need to take off the paper wrapper? It's okay, just wondering. I have 6 cats and feed a few more strays so the cans build up in a hurry. Thanks again so much for the help.

I find myself wondering what Mrs. Nuance - thinks of all this.

[ In Reply To ..]
I could never affiliate with anyone who had so little compassion. And what must Mr. Nuance's parents think of him? Surely, they can't be proud.

He probably snuffed his parents for the life - insurance money.

[ In Reply To ..]

Snuffed the parents-oh no he din'nt - keeping their SS check

[ In Reply To ..]
That would be far too humane. Why would he give them the privilege to escape his greediness. He would lock them in the basement, starve them and steal their Social Security checks and continue to do so long after they starved and died a cold long tortuous death. Then he would leave their cold dead bodies in the basement and continue to bilk the systems of the Social Security money for as long as he could. He would probably prop them up in wheelchairs and take them to the bank to cash their checks too.

Eat Ramen noodles. nm - iwantsteak

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

scramble eggs and stir boiled Ramen noodles in them. Filling. nm - wantsteak

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

oh yeah, mix 1/2 packet of seasoning. Good when you're starving. nm - wantsteak

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

bankruptcy - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
been there ... done that... and you are exactly right.

Similar Messages:

HAPPILY EMPLOYED AT NUANCE FOR 5 YEARS
Jul 16, 2014

For the record, I have been happily employed by Nuance for 5 years and I still love it.  I do both editing and straight transcription and I average $16.00 to $18.00 an hour easily and I maintain better than 99% accuracy.  They do pay for spaces (some companies don't, and that makes a big difference in total line count) and they pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME.  Their line rate is comparable or better than where I've worked in the past.  I have worked for companies before an ...

No Choice But To Go With Nuance
May 25, 2015

Hello fellow MTs, In July, the only Acute Care Hospitals left in my area have been taken over by Nuance.  Everything in my area has been taken over, as the rest of the country. Basically, only the BIG GUYS are left anymore.  They are eating up the rest of the smaller transcription companies. I have been a transcriptionist since the age of 21, back in the typewriter days.  I am now going to be 54 and have to stick it out until hopefully 60s. I worked for MedQuist a few years ba ...

This One Is The Doctor's Fault!........
Jun 28, 2010

I mean really! "Her creatinine is somewhat deranged at 2.1..........." ...

MOT - The Answer Why. Not My Fault. Not My Problem
May 07, 2015

Insane TAT contracted promises. Not my fault. Not my problem. Several new accounts brought on, but no MTs added to the pod. Not my fault. Not my problem. Apparently MM not getting enough new hires. Gee, wonder why. POD mistress apparently thought we were getting some new hires at least 3 weeks ago. LMAO. Not my fault. Not my problem. Plenty of MTs leaving. Gee, wonder why. Not my fault. Not my problem. I am looking forward to leaving. Hopefully, before this year is gone. Onl ...

Nuance - How Do I Find My Line Count?
May 05, 2011

I know it isnt much as there is hardly any work, but where on earth do I find my line count for escription?  I can find it for anything that goes through QA but not the rest.  Anyone tell me......?  Thanks.  ...

E-MAIL BOUNCING NOT MY FAULT -- FINDING GOOD MT'S
Jun 15, 2010

I have been accused of posting on here without a legitimate e-mail.  Now, how can that be when MTStars REQUIRES e-mail validation to post on here. I cannot explain why my e-mails bounce back and do not get forwarded to me.  But I have in fact used a legitimate e-mail address here with MTStars requiring validation. ...

New Tax Changes For Self-Employed
Mar 17, 2010

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/16/tax.tips.selfemployed/index.html?hpt=Sbin ...

Stay Employed At TTS
Jun 15, 2011

So, from what I understand, to stay employed at TTS, you basically have to just work and agree with mgmt at all times?  Never question them on anything?  Is that the only thing they are concerned about??!!  No one has ever mentioned how they feel about production met or not, etc.  Not that meeting production would be a problem for me, but if they don't care about that, it makes me wonder what kind of company they are running if all they care about is being right and not being questioned ...

Self-employed Means No Unemployment. Please Help
Jan 29, 2010

I have been a self employed transcriptionist for 10 years, with great accounts that I have been lucky to have.  Today I have been told that my job may be in jeopardy. Now for months I Have sent off my resume to companies ... and NEVER hear back from them. now i have applied for outside the industry jobs... and of course nothing, and because fo the economy they only want top candidates for anything. The reality is this... If they say we aren't using you anymore, my income is gone in ...

Question For Employed Newbies
Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone, I am just wondering about when you first started that first job. How long were you in 100% QA? How long does it take before they let you do what you do without watching every file you hand in? At what point do they trust a newbie to be on there own? I know that it is different for everyone, but I am just looking for a ballpark figure here. Thanks in advance. ...

Self-employed Health Insurance Deduction
Mar 02, 2014

My husband's employer offers health insurance benefits to spouses but doesn't pay any part of it.  I  was wondering if any of you ICs in the same situation still claim the self-employment health insurance deduction?  There doesn't seem to be a set definition of subsidized for this purpose.  Some claim that the spouse still gets a negotiated reduced rate to pay and the premiums are pre-tax, so it is subsidized.  Unfortunately, it would still cost over ...

Health Insurance For Self-employed Medical Transcriptionist
Feb 18, 2011

My husband is 6 years old than I am and retiring and starting Medicare in couple months.  I have always been on his insurance.  Anyone have any good leads to health insurance for us self-employed types.  Thanks. ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

We Are A "dime A Dozen" And It Is Our Own Fault
Jan 30, 2011

We lost something as a profession when we openly proclaimed that we wanted to "work from home" in order to take care of our kids. Men in the workforce do NOT grapple with this issue. They go outside the home to work to provide for their families. They negotiate their pay rates with no shame. We (as women and mothers) relegated ourselves to the status of moms 'taking in laundry' for 'pocket money' when we insisted that working from home was a "benefit.' We ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

If You Had The Choice
Dec 08, 2011

If you could go back in time, would you still be a coder?  I guess I'm just curious if the "Oh, I wish I had done something different" sentiment is a prevalent here as it is in MT. If you wouldn't change a thing, what is it that you really love about your work? If you hate coding and what you do, what would you do instead? ...

Physicians Choice, New MTs Pay Them?
Jan 11, 2010

I found a company called Physicians Choice Transcription Service (PCTSI) which says they take newbies but you pay them money weekly as a payroll deduction.  You start out paying them $100/week.  Does anyone know anything about this kind of service?  I've been looking for work for weeks and have seen several places want "start up costs" in the thousands, but never a place that takes $100 a week from your pay when you work for them. http://www.pcts1.com/Employment.htm Has it ...

I Am IC By Choice And I Have A Problem With ICs Who Just
Sep 08, 2010

I work 7 days a week because I WANT to and I like the money I make doing that. I have a daily personal goal that far exceeds what MTSO expects. I resent that I have to share my lines with on-and-off IC who just pops in whenever.  Expecially when they pop in at the end of a pay period trying to get all their lines in 3 days.   The MTSO knows when I am going to log on and she knows she can count on me.  I should not have to share MY lines with an irresponsible sometimes IC. ...

CCT/Clear Choice
May 18, 2012

any info good or bad appreciated.    Thank you ...

Bad Career Choice.
Dec 09, 2012

If you are considering being a transcriptionist, do not waste your time, it is career suicide.  There is no money in this field of work anymore and it is all going over seas where the people are paid practically nothing. ...

Your Choice Or Bought Out
Mar 12, 2013

How many started working for Mmodal because of their choice and how many because Mmodal bought out the company they were working for?? ...

Anyone Know Anything About Clear Choice?
Oct 02, 2013

I see they have an ad on the other site and don't see their name often so I'm hopeful! ...

If You Had A Choice Which Company Would
Jun 11, 2015

Keystrokes or TransPortal?  Both are running ads and I was just wondering which one would be the better choice.  TIA! ...

First Choice Medical Of Florida
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone currently work for First Choice Medical of Florida?  I have a question. ...

Clear Choice Transcription - *****
Feb 10, 2010

If you want information on Clear Choice Transcription out of Pittsburgh please search the archives for Davis Transcription.  **** had been kicked out of her own company and started a new one, Clear Choice Transcription.  Don't be fooled by this con artist and her side kick,****.   Davis Transcription is now run by a reputable business owner and the name changed to tMedica.     **** No names, please.  Email names if you wish. **** ...

TransTech - Need To Make A Choice
Feb 12, 2010

I know this is beating a dead horse, but-- I'm seeing a slight increase in my pay. It's not as high as it used to be, but not as low as it recently was. Work is sometimes low enough that I'm almost having to log in first thing in the morning and log out before I go to bed to get the line count in, but I've heard it's going to get better. I've got an offer from another company that I have heard is not problem-free either. I just don't know. You know the old say ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

MT As Career Change Choice
Sep 06, 2010

Hi,  I hope you don't mind a visitor from the outside I'm here because I need to change careers. I'm 59 , female, single, and have done one career all my life which has been clinical social work/mental health counseling.  I'm burned out with this career and alot has indicated that medical transcription might suit me.  Where do I begin? What training do I need? Do I need training at all? (this may sound dumb) What schools are the best? Online versus ...

Have To Make A Choice Between A Few Places...
Oct 11, 2010

Please email me privately about this.  It is best for all of us. I have a couple of offers on my table and I need advice about which to take. Global in Texas, GIS.  Transolutions.  Transform.  Transcend.  MD-IT in Colorado. I have no idea who to say yes to.  If they are employee and they have health insurance, what are the premiums?  How are they to work for?  Do you run out of work? Many thanks, ...