A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Tax Changes For Self-Employed - Snow Bunny

Posted: Mar 17, 2010

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/16/tax.tips.selfemployed/index.html?hpt=Sbin

TG for CPAs - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
$$$

Similar Messages:

Stay Employed At TTS
Jun 15, 2011

So, from what I understand, to stay employed at TTS, you basically have to just work and agree with mgmt at all times?  Never question them on anything?  Is that the only thing they are concerned about??!!  No one has ever mentioned how they feel about production met or not, etc.  Not that meeting production would be a problem for me, but if they don't care about that, it makes me wonder what kind of company they are running if all they care about is being right and not being questioned ...

Self-employed Means No Unemployment. Please Help
Jan 29, 2010

I have been a self employed transcriptionist for 10 years, with great accounts that I have been lucky to have.  Today I have been told that my job may be in jeopardy. Now for months I Have sent off my resume to companies ... and NEVER hear back from them. now i have applied for outside the industry jobs... and of course nothing, and because fo the economy they only want top candidates for anything. The reality is this... If they say we aren't using you anymore, my income is gone in ...

Question For Employed Newbies
Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone, I am just wondering about when you first started that first job. How long were you in 100% QA? How long does it take before they let you do what you do without watching every file you hand in? At what point do they trust a newbie to be on there own? I know that it is different for everyone, but I am just looking for a ballpark figure here. Thanks in advance. ...

Self-employed Health Insurance Deduction
Mar 02, 2014

My husband's employer offers health insurance benefits to spouses but doesn't pay any part of it.  I  was wondering if any of you ICs in the same situation still claim the self-employment health insurance deduction?  There doesn't seem to be a set definition of subsidized for this purpose.  Some claim that the spouse still gets a negotiated reduced rate to pay and the premiums are pre-tax, so it is subsidized.  Unfortunately, it would still cost over ...

HAPPILY EMPLOYED AT NUANCE FOR 5 YEARS
Jul 16, 2014

For the record, I have been happily employed by Nuance for 5 years and I still love it.  I do both editing and straight transcription and I average $16.00 to $18.00 an hour easily and I maintain better than 99% accuracy.  They do pay for spaces (some companies don't, and that makes a big difference in total line count) and they pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME.  Their line rate is comparable or better than where I've worked in the past.  I have worked for companies before an ...

Health Insurance For Self-employed Medical Transcriptionist
Feb 18, 2011

My husband is 6 years old than I am and retiring and starting Medicare in couple months.  I have always been on his insurance.  Anyone have any good leads to health insurance for us self-employed types.  Thanks. ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

If You Find Yourself Employed At Nuance Through No Fault Of Your Own, With No Other Choice
Mar 13, 2014

Claim bankruptcy right away because soon you won’t be able to afford debt, and then you won’t be able to afford to file bankruptcy either, and you could lose much more than your self-esteem. You will probably eventually lose that. Buy a cappuccino maker because you won’t be able to buy fancy coffee anymore. You will know exactly what is in it too.  Keep the basics stocked: rice, beans, taters, nuts, fruit, eggs, flour, sugar, etc, because your food budget will be ...