A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you had the choice - just wondering

Posted: Dec 08, 2011

If you could go back in time, would you still be a coder?  I guess I'm just curious if the "Oh, I wish I had done something different" sentiment is a prevalent here as it is in MT.

If you wouldn't change a thing, what is it that you really love about your work?

If you hate coding and what you do, what would you do instead?

What a great question and I - hope you get replies.

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a fantastic question! I always wonder if the coders who used to be MTs feel their quality of life is better now that they are coding.

I look forward to seeing the responses you get!

I vote for Coding - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If I were doing it all again, I would go for coding, if I wanted to work outside my home. Otherwise, medical transcription, because I love working at home! There many other things that I love about both. Transcription, for instance, is fascinating to me because I'm always wondering what's going to happen next for this patient. Coding is like putting a puzzle together.

In order to be successful in either one of these, you have to stay focused and use your brain. I've had jobs where everything I did was automatic. No thinking required. Both of these require focus and attention if you are going to do well. I would not like a job where it's just clerical as in putting the same codes down every time because those are the only procedures your doctors do. I would not like just typing medical terms without having to engage my brain. The challenge and requirement for perfection is important to me, because that's part of my personality. If the job were easy, I wouldn't like it.

Similar Messages:

Physicians Choice, New MTs Pay Them?
Jan 11, 2010

I found a company called Physicians Choice Transcription Service (PCTSI) which says they take newbies but you pay them money weekly as a payroll deduction.  You start out paying them $100/week.  Does anyone know anything about this kind of service?  I've been looking for work for weeks and have seen several places want "start up costs" in the thousands, but never a place that takes $100 a week from your pay when you work for them. http://www.pcts1.com/Employment.htm Has it ...

I Am IC By Choice And I Have A Problem With ICs Who Just
Sep 08, 2010

I work 7 days a week because I WANT to and I like the money I make doing that. I have a daily personal goal that far exceeds what MTSO expects. I resent that I have to share my lines with on-and-off IC who just pops in whenever.  Expecially when they pop in at the end of a pay period trying to get all their lines in 3 days.   The MTSO knows when I am going to log on and she knows she can count on me.  I should not have to share MY lines with an irresponsible sometimes IC. ...

CCT/Clear Choice
May 18, 2012

any info good or bad appreciated.    Thank you ...

Bad Career Choice.
Dec 09, 2012

If you are considering being a transcriptionist, do not waste your time, it is career suicide.  There is no money in this field of work anymore and it is all going over seas where the people are paid practically nothing. ...

Your Choice Or Bought Out
Mar 12, 2013

How many started working for Mmodal because of their choice and how many because Mmodal bought out the company they were working for?? ...

Anyone Know Anything About Clear Choice?
Oct 02, 2013

I see they have an ad on the other site and don't see their name often so I'm hopeful! ...

No Choice But To Go With Nuance
May 25, 2015

Hello fellow MTs, In July, the only Acute Care Hospitals left in my area have been taken over by Nuance.  Everything in my area has been taken over, as the rest of the country. Basically, only the BIG GUYS are left anymore.  They are eating up the rest of the smaller transcription companies. I have been a transcriptionist since the age of 21, back in the typewriter days.  I am now going to be 54 and have to stick it out until hopefully 60s. I worked for MedQuist a few years ba ...

If You Had A Choice Which Company Would
Jun 11, 2015

Keystrokes or TransPortal?  Both are running ads and I was just wondering which one would be the better choice.  TIA! ...

First Choice Medical Of Florida
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone currently work for First Choice Medical of Florida?  I have a question. ...

Clear Choice Transcription - *****
Feb 10, 2010

If you want information on Clear Choice Transcription out of Pittsburgh please search the archives for Davis Transcription.  **** had been kicked out of her own company and started a new one, Clear Choice Transcription.  Don't be fooled by this con artist and her side kick,****.   Davis Transcription is now run by a reputable business owner and the name changed to tMedica.     **** No names, please.  Email names if you wish. **** ...

TransTech - Need To Make A Choice
Feb 12, 2010

I know this is beating a dead horse, but-- I'm seeing a slight increase in my pay. It's not as high as it used to be, but not as low as it recently was. Work is sometimes low enough that I'm almost having to log in first thing in the morning and log out before I go to bed to get the line count in, but I've heard it's going to get better. I've got an offer from another company that I have heard is not problem-free either. I just don't know. You know the old say ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

MT As Career Change Choice
Sep 06, 2010

Hi,  I hope you don't mind a visitor from the outside I'm here because I need to change careers. I'm 59 , female, single, and have done one career all my life which has been clinical social work/mental health counseling.  I'm burned out with this career and alot has indicated that medical transcription might suit me.  Where do I begin? What training do I need? Do I need training at all? (this may sound dumb) What schools are the best? Online versus ...

Have To Make A Choice Between A Few Places...
Oct 11, 2010

Please email me privately about this.  It is best for all of us. I have a couple of offers on my table and I need advice about which to take. Global in Texas, GIS.  Transolutions.  Transform.  Transcend.  MD-IT in Colorado. I have no idea who to say yes to.  If they are employee and they have health insurance, what are the premiums?  How are they to work for?  Do you run out of work? Many thanks, ...

Clear Choice And Pearson
Feb 09, 2011

Does anyone know anything about these two companies (work atmosphere, size of company, pay on time, etc., any helpful information)?  I noticed that Clear Choice has openings for editors, but I'm wondering if they're QA editor or VR editor positions.  From the pay rate advertised, I'm thinking VR editors.  Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide. ...

Is The CCS Exam Multiple Choice?
Apr 23, 2012

I was just wondering from anyone who has taken the CCS exam recently, is the whole exam multiple choice?  I ask because I am taking the Andrews course and using the AHIMA-published workbooks and they are all multiple choice.  I use a different skill set when doing these questions, work my way backward with deductive reasoning, reading the question and looking up each answer, eliminating the wrong ones.  This seems faster to me and I want to work as fast as I can on the test.  ...

Question: When SR Is So Bad That You Have NO CHOICE But To Transcribe
Jun 24, 2012

I get a mix of SRE and transcribing jobs, with - of course - half line rate for SRE. I have no idea who is "allowed" to dictate to the SRE platform for my company, but I can say that it's mighty strange that the worst dictators seem to predominate - and hence, you get a constant stream of SRE documents requiring very heavy editing. Not infrequently, I get documents that are such garbage from beginning to end that there aren't three consecutive words that make any sense anywhere in th ...

Clear Choice Transcription?
Aug 10, 2012

Wondered if anyone knew if this is a legit company.  Are they good to work for? ...

Clear Choice Transcription
Dec 14, 2012

I have recently seen several ads posted for Clear Choice Transcription.  I see that now they are seeking new grads for these positions.  I personally always like to know if there are red flags, etc. before I accept an offer.  I felt the need to share my experience with the company.  There is one manager who basically runs the show.  Myself and a friend were both completely bullied by her for doing nothing short of trying to learn our job.  If questions are asked, there are very abrasive an ...

Would Any Of You Recommend MT As A Career Choice?
Apr 14, 2013

I would have in the past, but not any more.  Unless I really hated the person and wanted to see them totally fail in life. ...

Anyone With Info On First Choice MT Out Of Lutz, FL?
May 12, 2013

Their website says they are hiring, but would like some info on them first. ...

CCT (Clear Choice Transcription)
Nov 25, 2013

Has anyone every had problems with this company? I have recently and am just wondering if this is how they do business? I have been an MT for 30+ years and have not encountered this before. ...

Clear Choice Transcription Pay?
Dec 03, 2013

How is Clear Choice's pay when being paid by the audio minute and working in the EMR system?  How much can be expected to be made daily on something like this working only 4 hours?  ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Clear Choice Transcription out of Pennsylvania and if they send their work off shore or are owned by an off shore company? ...

Is Clear Choice Transcription A Scam?
May 17, 2010

I was reading through the archives, and someone said that they were affiated with Davis Transcription, which was a scam company. Is this true, or is Clear Choice okay to work for? Do they pay on time? Sorry to ask again, but I'd like to know before I make the wrong decision. ...

Anyone Currently Working For Clear Choice Transcription?
Sep 13, 2010

Is there anyone currently working for Clear Choice Transcription?  If so, what is it like now - good or bad?  Just wondering as I have read all of the old posts, but nothing newer is showing up and they have advertised with more work available. ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

Beware Of Clear Choice Transcription!!!
Sep 11, 2012

I was hired over a month ago.  It took three weeks to get all the info needed to start.  I was to do online training over the phone, which I did.  Unfortunately the person who trained us went so fast I was lost.  I started, had a ton of questions, which I asked.  I never got any answers other than one where I was told to follow instructions.  Yes I knew to do that.  So I get an email saying I am having a hard time (ya think it could be because the trainer did n ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Clear Choice Transcription?
Nov 09, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Clear Choice? Any information would be appreciated. I understand they pay by the minute of dictation, a dollar a minute after release from QA. I'm wondering if their platform allows for a good line count and how the company treats the employees. ...

Am Interested In Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 28, 2013

Am interested in Clear Choice.  Would like to hear pros and cons of working for them.  Also, because they pay per minute of dictation, how does it compare with cpl rate.  Is it a fair way to pay.  Lots of ESLs?????  Thanks for your time. ...