A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am IC by choice and I have a problem with ICs who just - want to work sometimes. SM

Posted: Sep 08, 2010

I work 7 days a week because I WANT to and I like the money I make doing that. I have a daily personal goal that far exceeds what MTSO expects. I resent that I have to share my lines with on-and-off IC who just pops in whenever.  Expecially when they pop in at the end of a pay period trying to get all their lines in 3 days.   The MTSO knows when I am going to log on and she knows she can count on me.  I should not have to share MY lines with an irresponsible sometimes IC.

Hmmm. I think you are entitled to the lines in your contract; however... - since you EXCEED what they expect

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have to say you do have to SHARE those lines with the other ICs just as they are entitled to their lines in their contract, even if that is at the end of the pay period. Just my opinion.

Interesting post.

You are wrong. I have tiered counts, unlimited. MTSO has count not suppose to go - below, but can do as much as I want. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I do see your point, but you're getting a very good share - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
of the available work. So you want produce lots of lines every day and others are crowding in and working down the queues at the end of the pay period. Although your work ethic is worthy of some respect, you're obviously doing very well and creating your own handsome reward with all this work, so it really seems like a big "oh well" from out here.

This post actually reminds me of my husband's complaints about the slower and less skilled drivers he has to share "his" road with. They never do stop using it, though. Maybe you could get up earlier those days--before your competition? I've reminded my husband the highways are as empty as he could wish and just going to waste every day at 3 a.m. :)
I get my share cause I work consistently. Yeah, it is an - "oh well" to part time sometime ICs. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Any IC can do what I do, work similar to what I work and make those lines. Nobody is "giving" me anything. I am not making big bucks, I am getting by with a tiny bit extra that hopefully will help support me when I am old. Yeah, it is an "oh well" to those part time ICs. Oh well, but you shouldnt expect to make all your lines in the last 3 days of pay period. Be working with the rest of us responsible IC and show up 4-5 days a week, not at random times. And shame on you to any MTSO that rewards irresponsible part time ICs.
Anon here. I do my share, work hard too, and make MORE - Anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
than "just a little bit extra." Although my retirement fund is certainly not what I would like it to be, I've been paying steadily into it for years.

Unlike you, though, I don't think people who aren't like me are only entitled to my leavings. Go look in the mirror when you want to abuse people and toss a word like shame around loosely. It's okay to be proud of yourself as long as that image doesn't require a flock of lowly others for comparison.
I dont want everyone to be like me, how boring would that be? - But slackers shouldnt feel like they
[ In Reply To ..]
are entitled to get all their lines in the last 3 days. And I dont have to step back and let them do that. Again, MY OPINION is I dont expect to have to share my paycheck with slackers.
Sorry, got a little defensive. You do have a valid viewpoint - as far as it extends. NM Anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I am still in shock that your company - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
allows you to know what another employee does. That is so wrong. I am assuming since you are on a forum dogging a coworker that you know their whole situation, what their agreed upon work amount, home life, disabilities, kids, extra jobs.

I share an account with a couple of people and would be furious if one of them thought this of me when I wasn't working on that specific account as I probably type as many, if not more lines than they do (an amount last pay period that people were wanting to know on this board if there was anyway it could be acheived). There is no way for them to know what I am doing unless I am on that account typing or if my manager told them.
You seem to feel that I work consistently for my money and do okay, - that I should back off and let others SM
[ In Reply To ..]
get some lines. WRONG!!! That is like telling you, in whatever profession you do, that you have to share your paycheck with someone else who doesnt work as hard as you. Would you be willing to do that? I doubt that.
Not back off--just not complain when others - do not either. NM Anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Would you share your pay with a less dedicated IC, just - because you made more than a certain amount? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

First of all they are not your lines. You are not the owner. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You are not the owner the lines, okay? Because you choose to work yourself to death that's your problem, not the other ICs that choose not to do as you do.

Popping in is not irresponsible. It's called not having all of your eggs in one basket.

I'm sure there are other IC MTs on your accounts that wish you would get a life, so they can pop in and make some money, too, instead of you hoarding and thinking you own everything and can tell others how to lead their IC position.

Sooo.... it works both ways.

I work when I want and how much I want as an IC and not all for the same MTSO. Plus, I do have a life.

You can work 7 days a week, but don't put down others just because they have other things to do unlike yourself.

Now that you've read this, you probably feel like crap, right? Well, so does the responsible IC MT that does choose to only work sometimes. Your post is self righteous and puts out falsehoods in regards to what a true IC means and is in this profession. We can choose or not choose to work. That's part of paying my own taxes and being my own boss.

When you become the owner, then you can boss everyone around. Until then, keep on truckin'....

I feel fine. I dont hoard lines, I work the platform like everyone else. - And I dont work all day. I have tweeked SM

[ In Reply To ..]
how I work so I can make a decent count in 5 or so hours. I have no problem that other dependable IC are working along with me. This is my opinion. I DO NOT LIKE SOMETIMES ICs. I am not telling others they can or cannot work but dont expect me to step back so sometimes IC can get lines. True IC can work or not, but I dont have to happily give up part of my paycheck to one who is not dependable.

But that's it--it's NOT your pay you're giving up. - I also work 7 (usually) short days

[ In Reply To ..]
(we have that in common at least, and probably more0. It's a fact, tho, that others are going to pile on at certain times, but knowing that I can always spread a few more hours around the other days to balance it. As you are. As they are. That sort of flexibility is a big part of why most of us came to this anyway.

Not dependable? - look you are very confused!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just as dependable as you. I just do not work 7 days a week and call myself a glorified workaholic MT. Just because I do not have to work as much as you does not make me irresponsible.

It's not my fault you have to work that much to make ends meet. You can have all of the lines you want. I don't care either way. I will work when I feel like it and it's none of your business what I do really.

If you are getting yours then why are you on here saying you resent your co-workers????

You obviously have jealousy issues. End of story!

Ok, I dont want to share LINES with sometime IC. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not sure how your company works - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you sure that the IC that is on the account with you is a sometimes IC. Are you sure that the IC doesn't say maybe have another job or have more accounts through your MTSO that you are not aware of.

I am an IC through a MTSO and have multiple accounts. The people I work with have no idea how many lines I type, nor is it any of their business. My boss will pull me from acount to acount if she needs help. I'm sure they don't tell the other ICs that they are putting me on another account to work and leaving them with the load on others. You never know, this person who you think is irresponsible may have 2 jobs that the MTSO knows about and you don't. I work 7 days a week a good portion of the time, and I can almost guarantee that none of the ICs I work with know this.

It is easy to see who is working on my platform. I understand what you say - but on my platform can easily

[ In Reply To ..]
see who consistently is working just last couple of days of pay period. Doesnt matter is many or few lines available, there they are. You can see a pattern. It is not a random thing as would expect if it was MTSO assigning work oh heavy days.

I can only see on mine if they are working on the - same account

[ In Reply To ..]
Wasn't sure about that. I can see when people are working on the same account as me, but I cannot see any of their other accounts. So, if we are not on the same account at the same time, I would not know if they are doing anything or just twidling their thumbs. I have multiple accounts that the people I share an account with don't know about I'm sure. I don't know them personally, so we don't talk about it.

Does you MTSO assign you consistently to the same acct - only during the last few days SM

[ In Reply To ..]
whether there is a need for you or not? If there are few jobs, should be no need to assign you to work that acct when regular workers are already getting jobs processed.

Ok, so work your schedule . It is none of your - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
business what the other MTs are doing. They are fulfilling their contrast apparently, so just do what you do and don't worry about what the others do; that is not your job.

My opinion, I can post it. Boards are a place to vent. I DO NOT - like slackers. Are you a slacker? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Shhhh... It is your business. It's just not only YOUR business - that is involved, is all. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

But you don't know why they don't work the same - hours you do - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have assumed that other ICs who don't work your way are "irresponsible." You have no idea what agreement they have with the MTSO or what they are required to do. They may work other accounts or other jobs, may have health issues -- you just don't know! That's why it's none of your business.

I notice that when someone already pointed out that another's work schedule is none of your business, you said it was your business and called them a slacker. This is what makes me think you're just trying to stir things up. How much work can you really be getting done if you're spending time fueling this flame war?

Why in the world would you have posted something like this - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
First, if you want to work 7 days that's your choice. It doesn't make you better than others. I work my tail off sometimes 7 days a week, but sometime I need a day off. I'm dedicated to my job and I love it. I'd be upset if I knew other people I worked with were talking about me on boards the way you talk about other people who work for your company.

You don't know if these ICs just "pop in". Maybe that is the times they set up to work. That is none of your business.

Next, as one person pointed out. These are not your accounts. You work for a company and YES you SHOULD have to share your lines with other ICs. If you want a sole account you should go out and get your own accounts that nobody else works on.

You've taken it upon yourself to come on and insult other ICs who according to you if they are not pulling 7 days a week they are irresponsible. You don't know who they are or what their situation is or if the days they agreed to work for their company are the days and times they are on.

I work on an account with other people. Sure I need money to survive and pay my bills, but I also realize other people do too. I'd never be so bold as to come on and say I work 7 days a week and therefore I should not have to share my work with others. It's called team work. The other ICs are people with lives too.

It's just none of your business what other people do. You think your elevating yourself above them, but your post comes off snooty.

Similar Messages:

If You Had The Choice
Dec 08, 2011

If you could go back in time, would you still be a coder?  I guess I'm just curious if the "Oh, I wish I had done something different" sentiment is a prevalent here as it is in MT. If you wouldn't change a thing, what is it that you really love about your work? If you hate coding and what you do, what would you do instead? ...

Physicians Choice, New MTs Pay Them?
Jan 11, 2010

I found a company called Physicians Choice Transcription Service (PCTSI) which says they take newbies but you pay them money weekly as a payroll deduction.  You start out paying them $100/week.  Does anyone know anything about this kind of service?  I've been looking for work for weeks and have seen several places want "start up costs" in the thousands, but never a place that takes $100 a week from your pay when you work for them. http://www.pcts1.com/Employment.htm Has it ...

CCT/Clear Choice
May 18, 2012

any info good or bad appreciated.    Thank you ...

Bad Career Choice.
Dec 09, 2012

If you are considering being a transcriptionist, do not waste your time, it is career suicide.  There is no money in this field of work anymore and it is all going over seas where the people are paid practically nothing. ...

Your Choice Or Bought Out
Mar 12, 2013

How many started working for Mmodal because of their choice and how many because Mmodal bought out the company they were working for?? ...

Anyone Know Anything About Clear Choice?
Oct 02, 2013

I see they have an ad on the other site and don't see their name often so I'm hopeful! ...

No Choice But To Go With Nuance
May 25, 2015

Hello fellow MTs, In July, the only Acute Care Hospitals left in my area have been taken over by Nuance.  Everything in my area has been taken over, as the rest of the country. Basically, only the BIG GUYS are left anymore.  They are eating up the rest of the smaller transcription companies. I have been a transcriptionist since the age of 21, back in the typewriter days.  I am now going to be 54 and have to stick it out until hopefully 60s. I worked for MedQuist a few years ba ...

If You Had A Choice Which Company Would
Jun 11, 2015

Keystrokes or TransPortal?  Both are running ads and I was just wondering which one would be the better choice.  TIA! ...

First Choice Medical Of Florida
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone currently work for First Choice Medical of Florida?  I have a question. ...

Clear Choice Transcription - *****
Feb 10, 2010

If you want information on Clear Choice Transcription out of Pittsburgh please search the archives for Davis Transcription.  **** had been kicked out of her own company and started a new one, Clear Choice Transcription.  Don't be fooled by this con artist and her side kick,****.   Davis Transcription is now run by a reputable business owner and the name changed to tMedica.     **** No names, please.  Email names if you wish. **** ...

TransTech - Need To Make A Choice
Feb 12, 2010

I know this is beating a dead horse, but-- I'm seeing a slight increase in my pay. It's not as high as it used to be, but not as low as it recently was. Work is sometimes low enough that I'm almost having to log in first thing in the morning and log out before I go to bed to get the line count in, but I've heard it's going to get better. I've got an offer from another company that I have heard is not problem-free either. I just don't know. You know the old say ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

MT As Career Change Choice
Sep 06, 2010

Hi,  I hope you don't mind a visitor from the outside I'm here because I need to change careers. I'm 59 , female, single, and have done one career all my life which has been clinical social work/mental health counseling.  I'm burned out with this career and alot has indicated that medical transcription might suit me.  Where do I begin? What training do I need? Do I need training at all? (this may sound dumb) What schools are the best? Online versus ...

Have To Make A Choice Between A Few Places...
Oct 11, 2010

Please email me privately about this.  It is best for all of us. I have a couple of offers on my table and I need advice about which to take. Global in Texas, GIS.  Transolutions.  Transform.  Transcend.  MD-IT in Colorado. I have no idea who to say yes to.  If they are employee and they have health insurance, what are the premiums?  How are they to work for?  Do you run out of work? Many thanks, ...

Clear Choice And Pearson
Feb 09, 2011

Does anyone know anything about these two companies (work atmosphere, size of company, pay on time, etc., any helpful information)?  I noticed that Clear Choice has openings for editors, but I'm wondering if they're QA editor or VR editor positions.  From the pay rate advertised, I'm thinking VR editors.  Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide. ...

Is The CCS Exam Multiple Choice?
Apr 23, 2012

I was just wondering from anyone who has taken the CCS exam recently, is the whole exam multiple choice?  I ask because I am taking the Andrews course and using the AHIMA-published workbooks and they are all multiple choice.  I use a different skill set when doing these questions, work my way backward with deductive reasoning, reading the question and looking up each answer, eliminating the wrong ones.  This seems faster to me and I want to work as fast as I can on the test.  ...

Question: When SR Is So Bad That You Have NO CHOICE But To Transcribe
Jun 24, 2012

I get a mix of SRE and transcribing jobs, with - of course - half line rate for SRE. I have no idea who is "allowed" to dictate to the SRE platform for my company, but I can say that it's mighty strange that the worst dictators seem to predominate - and hence, you get a constant stream of SRE documents requiring very heavy editing. Not infrequently, I get documents that are such garbage from beginning to end that there aren't three consecutive words that make any sense anywhere in th ...

Clear Choice Transcription?
Aug 10, 2012

Wondered if anyone knew if this is a legit company.  Are they good to work for? ...

Clear Choice Transcription
Dec 14, 2012

I have recently seen several ads posted for Clear Choice Transcription.  I see that now they are seeking new grads for these positions.  I personally always like to know if there are red flags, etc. before I accept an offer.  I felt the need to share my experience with the company.  There is one manager who basically runs the show.  Myself and a friend were both completely bullied by her for doing nothing short of trying to learn our job.  If questions are asked, there are very abrasive an ...

Would Any Of You Recommend MT As A Career Choice?
Apr 14, 2013

I would have in the past, but not any more.  Unless I really hated the person and wanted to see them totally fail in life. ...

Anyone With Info On First Choice MT Out Of Lutz, FL?
May 12, 2013

Their website says they are hiring, but would like some info on them first. ...

CCT (Clear Choice Transcription)
Nov 25, 2013

Has anyone every had problems with this company? I have recently and am just wondering if this is how they do business? I have been an MT for 30+ years and have not encountered this before. ...

Clear Choice Transcription Pay?
Dec 03, 2013

How is Clear Choice's pay when being paid by the audio minute and working in the EMR system?  How much can be expected to be made daily on something like this working only 4 hours?  ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Clear Choice Transcription out of Pennsylvania and if they send their work off shore or are owned by an off shore company? ...

Is Clear Choice Transcription A Scam?
May 17, 2010

I was reading through the archives, and someone said that they were affiated with Davis Transcription, which was a scam company. Is this true, or is Clear Choice okay to work for? Do they pay on time? Sorry to ask again, but I'd like to know before I make the wrong decision. ...

Anyone Currently Working For Clear Choice Transcription?
Sep 13, 2010

Is there anyone currently working for Clear Choice Transcription?  If so, what is it like now - good or bad?  Just wondering as I have read all of the old posts, but nothing newer is showing up and they have advertised with more work available. ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

Beware Of Clear Choice Transcription!!!
Sep 11, 2012

I was hired over a month ago.  It took three weeks to get all the info needed to start.  I was to do online training over the phone, which I did.  Unfortunately the person who trained us went so fast I was lost.  I started, had a ton of questions, which I asked.  I never got any answers other than one where I was told to follow instructions.  Yes I knew to do that.  So I get an email saying I am having a hard time (ya think it could be because the trainer did n ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Clear Choice Transcription?
Nov 09, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Clear Choice? Any information would be appreciated. I understand they pay by the minute of dictation, a dollar a minute after release from QA. I'm wondering if their platform allows for a good line count and how the company treats the employees. ...

Am Interested In Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 28, 2013

Am interested in Clear Choice.  Would like to hear pros and cons of working for them.  Also, because they pay per minute of dictation, how does it compare with cpl rate.  Is it a fair way to pay.  Lots of ESLs?????  Thanks for your time. ...