A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Creative comments when accepting - your FIESA fate anyone?

Posted: Mar 25, 2015

Like, I wonder if instead of just my initials and that I reviewed my error, I should try something like:

"Yes I made a mistake, no I DON'T think my pay should go down by $100, how would you like it?"

"How would you like it if you had to be perfect OR you got your pay docked?"

"Yes, I willlfully accept my error, but I do NOT accept your wage theft."

Of course, I am accepting their wage theft in reality by signing that and staying employed by the devil. Sigh.

I doubt anyone cares what you write anyway, but just to maybe make a few people (QA, QC, COM, whoever else looks at this garbage) think what it would be like if THEIR paycheck would shrink tremendously with one error.

That is by far the most humiliating part of this sham of Nuance QA, the fact you have to go in there and humbly accept an error and with it their docking of your pay.

The thing is, do they really think we can help doing these mistakes? I look at my error and I say, yeah, that's a really dumb error, how could I have missed that? I try to keep my eyes on the text, I try to get all the obvious potential errors such as age, he/she, etc., but sometimes one slips by (invariably the ISR spat out something which had I been typing it I never would have) and you just cringe when you see it.

But is there anyone who gets 100% all the time and what is their line count I wonder? It's a bizarre and extremely cruel system and I really really hate having to go into FIESA for the express purpose of signing off on an error and with it my chance of a decent paycheck. That's how they get you mentally, and it is really nasty.

If the error is ridiculous.... - 34

[ In Reply To ..]
....I write little comments. I don't believe anyone reads them.

I write things like: "Difficult dictator, which is why I sent it to QC. Now go ahead and dock my pay for questioning someone who can't speak English."

I got a frown face on one of mine sent to QC because of a BP error. The report was full of blanks. It was a very difficult ESL and the QC only filled in 2 blanks.

Yes, I made a mistake on the BP because I could not understand half of what this MD was attempting to say.

But really....a frown face and less pay?

Yes, a little perspective by the persecutors - would be nice

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, we made a mistake and for that we get our pay docked, do you really have to rub it in?

If you are trying to "help" maybe a NICE comment rather than a frowny face? Honestly.

I still stay they (QA/QC) must be convinced they are that superior to us since they seem to feel perfectly justified in having this power to dock our pay, and no matter they say they are "just MTs too" I do believe they think they are on a higher level, which I do not agree with. They are getting hourly pay, though, so I guess Nuance thinks they are worth more than us.

I doubt there are many MTs who make as much as QA/QC anymore, though it used to be competitive and QA used to be there not for being MT pay dockers but to actually control quality, so you didn't mind if they got hourly and more.

I don't understand the pay system as it applies to QA/QC. I know they have to make sure they themselves don't get picked off for errors they failed to catch, but do they then get THEIR pay docked? If they did they might not be so flippant.

I am QC in Ambulatory - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We are paid production, same as when we type. We get paid for only 50% of lines we QC/edit. We get paid for 1/8 of QT lines that we type, but not that we QC/edit. We are not paid hourly. We are paid via that same lovely grid as everyone else.

If we seem "nitpicky" it's because yes, we get dinged on the exact same things as everyone else does, and I personally am trying NOT to lose pay by the ESL post-audit team who I also feel have holier-than-thou attitudes.

I love this job and how it pays exactly as everyone else posting on this board. My work, both typing and QC, is picked over same as everyone else. Sometimes I think even more so as on the boards here I see people saying they have 4 or 6 reports postaudited per pay week.... while I log in to FIESA each morning and have that many audited DAILY. It does become discouraging, that's for sure.

Us QCs, at least in Ambulatory, have it the same exact way as the MTs who don't do QC work, so believe me, I feel and know your pain.
Thanks for the insight into ambulatory QC - sounds pretty bad
[ In Reply To ..]
When you say QT lines that you type, what is QT lines? And why only 1/8th?

Gosh, I would definitely not be able to hack that. Every time I have attempted QA (at smaller companies who had a need) I found it took me almost as long to check the work as it did to type it! So that definitely would not pay for me.

I think that would actually even be worse - you could NOT avoid FIESA like I try to do, I only go in there when I absolutely have to.

The thing about FIESA being a learning/teaching tool is a complete crock, however. It is just a shaming tool and a pay reducing tool. I have been an MT for 20+ years and yes I make stupid mistakes. Finding out that you caught me doesn't mean I won't make stupid mistakes anymore, it just means you caught me.

I still bet I make a lot less stupid mistakes than newbies and for that I wish they would not put us all on the same starting level every 2 weeks or so.
QT lines - QC poster above
[ In Reply To ..]
The QT lines are the lines that are brought into the template via them being prepopulated on the document template or lines brought in via the physician's dictation templates. They are highlighted in yellow, and we used to be paid 1cpl for them in typing, nothing for QC files. Now we are paid (laughable) at our regular rate for them, ever how we fall in the grid that week, but for only 1/8 of the lines... and still paid nothing for them on QC'd files... Lovely, no? :p
FIESA - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
To be truthful, a few times I did write something that later I wished I hadn't, but at the time I was very upset. I think FIESA should be eliminated. If someone is actually that bad then they should be warned and then get fired, and quit constantly criticizing every single thing I do, especially when it totally has no result on patient care. Some of it is totally ridiculous. I have been doing this over 20 years. Other places I have worked have done spot quality checks every few months, and then of course the hospital can return a report if the doctor complains, and then that MT can be told that her work will be watched very closely for a while. This constant picking on is very demeaning and very discouraging.
Have you noticed the adding of layers of different types of new audits - Jazzed
[ In Reply To ..]
I still maintain we make the money doing the reports, then they hire layers and layers of departments to tear apart our work, when just pay us in the first place and we won't be so demoralized when most errors happen in the law of averages. How many 10s do you see in the Olympics?

Too bad in the - comment section

[ In Reply To ..]

We couldn't put a middle finger in there.  I know I would.  This is what I think of your snarky remarks.  I really want to put just plain nonsense remarks in the comment section like "potato, potato, ching chong tomato."  Fight nonsense with nonsense.  The other day I was in Fiasco and clicked on audit type and there I saw "Super QA."  Seriously?  Do they wear a cape too?  Undecided

My error was actually a true error but - I might try that

[ In Reply To ..]
Next time I get a stupid one.

Thank you for bringing a much needed smile to my face and a LOL.

Next time I get a ridiculous one I think I will try "potato, potato, ching chong tomato," because it is funny. Maybe the QA will laugh?

Super QA, really? Never saw that one yet. I am picturing that nasty lady from Hogwart's in the pink suit - Dolores Umbridge? (sorry good QA people reading this, but I think we all have to admit that QA as regards FIESA is an abomination).
You're Welcome! - Sometimes we need to laugh
[ In Reply To ..]
or we will cry. I have a ton of them to use. Like difficult math equations, "I can count to potato," use Google translator and put in some off the wall saying in a different language. The list goes on. Keep your head up and definitely keep laughing. It keeps us sane.

I sometimes write ridiculous things, whatever - comes to mind. Feels good.

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

I wish my initials were.... FU. NM - They say to initial it right?

[ In Reply To ..]

"It must be nice to be so perfect." - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Before Accepting A Job...
Aug 08, 2012

A good question to ask is how long the dictations are and if you can sample the dictations for sound quality. I'm stuck on an account that must have the cheapest mics, or let all their docs use cell phones. Only about 10% of the dictations are decent sound quality by someone who knows how to dictate. Only a fraction of the dictations are more than 30 seconds long and there are a ton of things we are required to do for free (i.e. not producing lines) that take more than 50% of the time to d ...

Before Accepting That Position...
Jul 10, 2012

I work for a service on two different account. On one, if everything is working right, I make $4.00 per hour. Much more than half my time is spent doing things they require that we get paid nothing for. We do NOT get paid for our keystrokes, or I would be making more than double my hourly rate. I spend several minutes filling out everything I have to document, then only a few seconds transcribing, then back to documenting the next job that is only a few seconds long. The other account with ...

Inscribe NOT Accepting Apps From CA Residents?
Aug 29, 2012

I went to apply with Inscribe and they have this posted: At present, InScribe is unable to accept applications from any resident of the State of California. I live in CA...I knew we were an odd bunch but I didn't know we were unemployable. If anyone knows can you please tell me WHY I can't work for them? Thank you! ...

ASR Is Way Too Creative.
Dec 11, 2009

Doctor says no arthralgia.  ASR says no swelling.  No way is this close.  I often find creative transcription in the ASR.  There is simply no excuse for this!  Especially when the doctor is speaking clearly.  We should be paid 110% of our cpl for fixing this garbage.   ...

MM SR Is Nothing If Not Creative...
May 07, 2013

MD enunciated very slowly and clearly: "pro-chlor-pera-zine." SR kicked out: "slow crawl oral paddle seen." Wow.  ...

Creative Expander Use
Feb 15, 2010

Hi everyone, I use my expander to remember tons of phrases, medical terms, short words I use a lot, drug names, dates, and addresses.  I also know you can save whole documents as templates, too.  But I suspect there are lots of ways expanders are being used that I haven't even thought of.  Any creative MTs out there who can share some tips?  I use Instant Text, but ideas from any expander users would be fun to hear. ...

ASR Is Certainly Being Creative Today.
Aug 15, 2013

Missing a lot of text, and some text that would fit, using synonyms rather than the word dictated, and overall, just plain no good! And, there goes my line count. ...

MQ Deserves An Award For Creative Naming
Mar 18, 2010

for coming up with cutesy names like "First Time Right" for "we'd really like to get rid of QA" and things like that. ...

Teacher: Class, How Can We Be More Creative With MT Pay Gouging?
Oct 02, 2013

If a person types 60 words a minute (roughly six lines with 10 words per line), and it takes two minutes to type those six lines (roughly twice the amount of time as dictated), that equates to this: 30 minutes divided by 6 lines equals 5 cents, divided by 2 for the time factor of typing = 2.5 cents a line. I guess we are seeing the new low in the MT limbo dance. ...

TTS - Any Comments?
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone have any experience with TTS good or bad?  Thanks!  To elaborate - I am possibly moving from a hospital situation to working for them. ...

No Work Comments.
Oct 20, 2009

There are lots of posts from yesterday about "no work."  Anyone care to elaborate on which companies you are experiencing this.  I am trying to make a change and don't want to go through the same experience again.  Thanks so much. ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

All The Over The Top Comments Regarding Webmedx
Sep 02, 2010

1. It sucks to lose a job, period.  At least 10 million people have gone thru the process in the recent past and none of them liked it. 2. No matter how it was delivered, you would still be upset. I gty you a phone call would have gone this way...."Hello, I am XX from HR and I need to inform you blah blah blah..."  Read from a script with no substantive answers due to today's legal environment and discrimination laws.  Having had the news delivered to me this way in the ...

Any Comments RE Transcend?
Apr 04, 2011

Job searching once again. Got lots of experience, strong on op reports/procedures. I've had my fill of days with no work available. ...

Keystrokes - Comments?
May 18, 2011

I've been looking at the comments on Keystrokes.  Have recently received a job offer and wondering if there are any new developments since the last post I can find (March).  Is anyone working there currently?  If so, how is job volume/flow?  How many lines are you able to get in straight transcription on the DocQScribe platform?  Info is appreciated! ...

Here It Is, MTSO's: If You Don't Like The Bad Comments,
Jul 19, 2011

nm ...

QA Comments In FIESA
Sep 30, 2012

So sick of the comments left in the FIESA - I do NOT leave random blanks and always take the time to try and research it in the data base by either looking up patient or physician depending on what I am looking for and then when I cannot find it I leave a blank and then at end of day to see their remark that it WAS EASILY found is truly an insult and a smack in the face.  I DID try and find it and maybe they are more experienced then I am or they may have heard of this physician and how is ...

Landmark: Any Comments? Thanks.
Oct 25, 2012

. ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

UGH's COMMENTS BELOW - MEDIATOR
Dec 12, 2012

MEDIATOR, someone needs to take note of "Ugh's" comments below, contemplating suicide.  Surely, that e-mail address could be intercepted and the appropriate "counselor" contact this person. ...

Amphion? Any Comments
Apr 28, 2013

Any comments about Amphion? I feel I'm about to get the boot from MModal and have started checking out other ads. Amphion looks okay for what I want - VR and PT employee status, but their requirement about being tech savvy intimidates me. I can download and save a file, but I'm not good at troubleshooting - I'm an old time MT who started out on a typewriter, so this sort of thing is more out of my realm. It looks like they provide IT help only sparingly. Any comments? ...

Encompass - Thoughts/comments
Feb 23, 2010

Any thoughts/comments on working for the company Encompass? ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

JOB SEARCH, QUESTION AND COMMENTS
Jun 12, 2012

I'm just wondering if any other job seekers have considered putting a limit on the length of time you will accept for a potential client or employer to seriously respond to your submission of a resume or taking their test?  I mean, I do become somewhat skeptical when I respond to an ad or take a test (especially when I've taken a test) that shows some sort of urgency and then I don't hear back from them for a LONG TIME, including no response to followup emails that I send the ...

I Am Usually Careful About Comments On Line
Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the tra ...

I Did Not Understand The Comments Regarding Softscript
Jan 15, 2013

I haven't worked at Softscript very long, but had not had the experience others had mentioned regarding the constant emails, sometimes harassing and berating. However, just recently I've begun to notice an increase. There may be no work at the beginning of the week, when you're scheduled, but if work picks up they want an OT commitment, even if you aren't supposed to work. That's fine, I guess, but if you dont' send one in, you get an email asking why. Then, if ...

Check This Out - Read The Comments
Apr 06, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57578237/visa-lottery-may-limit-companies-hiring-foreign-workers/ ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Any Comments Working For Precyse?
Jun 07, 2014

There is an ad for PT transcription.  I have reviewed past posts but wondering if currently anyone has any advice for working for this company?  Good pay, dictators, etc?  Thanks. ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...