A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ASR is way too creative. - dnr

Posted: Dec 11, 2009

Doctor says no arthralgia.  ASR says no swelling.  No way is this close.  I often find creative transcription in the ASR.  There is simply no excuse for this!  Especially when the doctor is speaking clearly.  We should be paid 110% of our cpl for fixing this garbage. Yell 

ASR - Newatthis

[ In Reply To ..]
What I find worrisome about ASR is how it very frequently mishears lab values. I mean, the dictator clearly states "56" and ASR hears "66" or "156" or even "300" or something completely incorrect. I don't get that.

Similar Messages:

MM SR Is Nothing If Not Creative...
May 07, 2013

MD enunciated very slowly and clearly: "pro-chlor-pera-zine." SR kicked out: "slow crawl oral paddle seen." Wow.  ...

Creative Expander Use
Feb 15, 2010

Hi everyone, I use my expander to remember tons of phrases, medical terms, short words I use a lot, drug names, dates, and addresses.  I also know you can save whole documents as templates, too.  But I suspect there are lots of ways expanders are being used that I haven't even thought of.  Any creative MTs out there who can share some tips?  I use Instant Text, but ideas from any expander users would be fun to hear. ...

ASR Is Certainly Being Creative Today.
Aug 15, 2013

Missing a lot of text, and some text that would fit, using synonyms rather than the word dictated, and overall, just plain no good! And, there goes my line count. ...

Creative Comments When Accepting
Mar 25, 2015

Like, I wonder if instead of just my initials and that I reviewed my error, I should try something like: "Yes I made a mistake, no I DON'T think my pay should go down by $100, how would you like it?" "How would you like it if you had to be perfect OR you got your pay docked?" "Yes, I willlfully accept my error, but I do NOT accept your wage theft." Of course, I am accepting their wage theft in reality by signing that and staying employed by the devil. Sigh. I doubt anyone cares what yo ...

MQ Deserves An Award For Creative Naming
Mar 18, 2010

for coming up with cutesy names like "First Time Right" for "we'd really like to get rid of QA" and things like that. ...

Teacher: Class, How Can We Be More Creative With MT Pay Gouging?
Oct 02, 2013

If a person types 60 words a minute (roughly six lines with 10 words per line), and it takes two minutes to type those six lines (roughly twice the amount of time as dictated), that equates to this: 30 minutes divided by 6 lines equals 5 cents, divided by 2 for the time factor of typing = 2.5 cents a line. I guess we are seeing the new low in the MT limbo dance. ...