A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tied Up On Thanksgiving? - Meh

Posted: Nov 20, 2014

How many of you have to actually work on Thanksgiving and make minimum wage? Slave labor.

Thanksgiving - LinK

[ In Reply To ..]
Thankfully no. I work for local doctors. We have Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving off. I feel bad for those of you who have to work instead of being able to spend time with family.

Wouldn't Thanksgiving be - powerhog

[ In Reply To ..]
considered a holiday and time and a half?

being an IC I don't believe there would be - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
time and a half holiday pay, if lucky might get offered 0.1 more, but that's if you are lucky and company really hard up to get done.

I am working Thanksgiving...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and I'm getting "real" time and a half.

Time and a half - LMAO! - pickygirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I have "had" to work Thanksgiving for the past 3 years (and Christmas, and New Year's Day) as these holidays have fallen on a regularly scheduled work day. Aside from getting 8 hours of holiday pay on top of any lines I scribe, there is no such thing as "time and a half" at MModal. Added to that, there usually are not enough jobs available in my accounts to keep me working straight ahead on holidays, so I end up chained to my desk hitting the Request Jobs button to no avail. Yeah, I could take PTO and not bother to work those days, but really, isn't that what Holiday Pay is supposed to be for? Why would I use my valuable PTO hours when I'm getting Holiday Pay anyway? MModal holiday policy needs updating...I'm just sayin'.

I volunteered for Thanksgiving but don't make - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing you can be thankful for is having a job.

Agree! nm - allies

[ In Reply To ..]

If I had a REAL job, then I would be thankful. - MT is not real job, its a farce.

[ In Reply To ..]
Then why are you doing something you - none
[ In Reply To ..]
hate? I consider it a job worth being proud of. I love what I do, just not the pay. You have options.
It's become a gimmick, a con for the at-home - MT.
[ In Reply To ..]
The middle men are doing great.. posting jobs here and siftinng throuugh the plethora of resumes for employment, then selling the doctors a short line and paying us for a long one and pocketing the difference.

I recently trained for an op account and typed 4 reports on an online platform... I noticed my line count for 2 of those reports were 0/0. What? It had standards... yes, but they didn't fit the dictation and I had to type both reports. well, you used the wrong template. Yes, but I got "as close" as I could get as I was instructed to do. I had to pass. That account actually made the one I'm currently on look good (pathetic) and it has the "no lines reports" and you don't get paid for headers so basically out of the goodness of your heart and gratitude that you have a "job" you type it for free. So, does the MTSO give it to the doctor for free, too? Hardly. And you don't really want to know what they are making. But when they space a 2-week pay period out for 4 weeks or more ... they have to be rolling in it.
Now it's just a "mommy-job", like stuffing envelopes. - Or telephone surveys. ICK!
[ In Reply To ..]

Working Thanksgiving - JK

[ In Reply To ..]
I do straight transcription as an IC. I get what I make per line, no overtime or holiday pay. My family gets together on Sunday anyway so Thanksgiving is a regular day for me. I'm thankful to have a job where I can choose when I work within reason.

a four day weekend for me - lisa office girl now

[ In Reply To ..]
it took me months to be able to enjoy just a regular weekend, Saturday & Sunday, knowing I did not have to work. I believe I have worked every day and every holiday for over the past five years. My four-day weekend is one of the best perks of not being self-employed (what you all call IC) any longer, along with my IRS payments and that might be even better.

I work IC and don't work but 1 weekend a - month so 3 weeks out of

[ In Reply To ..]
the month have a 3 day weekend.

Thanksgiving off ?? - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, gotta work ALL holidays if it falls in your regular shift day. I'm with one of the other posters in that the hospitals have a skeleton crew (so many of them are holiday-ing) and I have to sit there and wait for jobs to come in but NOT GETTING PAID. I really wish (like my mom always said ~ wish in one hand and crap in the other) they would at least pay us minimum wages for the time spent WAITING for work. But, I know that's not gonna happen

Similar Messages:

What Exactly Is The Benefit Rate Tied To?
Jan 14, 2013

What exactly is the benefit rate tied to?  As in is that how they figure your pto or holiday rate?  Is the benefit rate figured by our lines per hour rate?  ...

Would Someone Please Explain To Me Why We Should Be Tied To Our Email 24-7? Sm
Sep 08, 2013

Why do these companies think we have nothing better to do than read the company email even on our days off or after our shift is over.  Never in all the years I have been working (and that is over 40) have I had a job where I was expected to be on call 24/7 and especially for this kind of treatment.  We get MANDATORY READ AND REPLY emails at any random time, and management is ready to ream us a new one anytime we don't read them.  Just because we work from home doesn't m ...

Are The QA Incentive And Production Incentives Tied To Each Other
Dec 12, 2012

I have been on a conference call.  I am a former transcender.  I thought it was pretty clear that the QA and production incentives were not related to each other but people seem to be confused.  What is the feeling on this?  I thought it was pretty simple. ...

Tongue Tied --- S/l Salitic Or Salidic Or Cyalitic
Jul 20, 2011

Regarding an abscess, doctor says: this may have been there for longer than 24 hours as it appeared that there were somechronic overlying skin changes on the wound. However, given the overlying {salytic}changes as well as the manifestations of fever, he was started on Keflex. ...

Endotracheal Tube Tied To The Mandibular Preomolar?
Nov 19, 2011

Doing an op report and it sounds like he said the endotracheal tube is secured to the patient's mandibular (what sounds like) premolar?.  That doesn't sound right to me, but just unsure.  ...

THANKSGIVING PTO
Oct 13, 2009

Asked for Thanksgiving off back in September and still have not been granted.  Have sent numerous emails asking for decision and still nothing.  Anybody else in same boat? ...

Thanksgiving OOW
Nov 27, 2014

Ok so I rushed around like a mad woman getting a dinner prepared to be on the table by noon as I had to be on shift by 3.  Guess what No work!  What a joke!  What happens in this situation?  You lose your hours, you lose your pay, you lose your line count for the day?   ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Nov 25, 2009

I am thankful for each and every one of you... the cheerleaders, the naysayers, the nitpickers, the crabbies, the meanies, the helpfuls, the spelling police, the funnies, and the sarcastics. This site eases the stress of the daily grind and I am thankful to have found you all!   Happy Thanksgiving! ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Nov 24, 2011

In this horrible economy, I personally am very thankful to have a job, good health, a fantastic husband, and a wonderful dog....Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. ...

Has Anyone's CCM Approved Thanksgiving Yet?
Oct 12, 2012

x ...

Keystrokes Thanksgiving Pay?? Sm
Nov 15, 2012

What gives?  Some MTs at KS were told there is not Thanksgiving pay next week while others were not told that............Anybody got the official answer? ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL- Nm
Nov 21, 2012

x ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MTS
Nov 22, 2012

I pray everyone on this board has a job that they can be satisfied with. I know there are so many troubles in MT and I hope that in some way God can ease the pain. I am so blessed to have found a good job about two weeks ago. I have been unemployed and this one is a true blessing. It makes we want to work very hard to keep it and do my best. I'm also grateful for all the support from this board while I was unemployed. You all mean a lot to me and I hope I can do the same for others. I ...

Ran Out Of Work On Thanksgiving.
Nov 22, 2012

Today on Thanksgiving I ran out of work. The email says something about an account loop. I have no idea what an account loop is. Can anyone help me. Also something about notifying supervisor. How is this different than any other day when you run out of work. ...

Not One Email Since Thanksgiving!
Dec 02, 2014

How many days off do they get?  Not even a backlog summary... ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. The NJA Begins..
Nov 25, 2010

Of course i knew it would be this way, so have a Blessed Thanksgiving.  If you are like me you will try off and on to work (as Thursday is my 6 hour day), but it's gonna be okay.  My computer is in the dining room anywho.... (yes, I misspelled it purposely).   Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up all the Hugs and Kisses and Love you can, the only thing this Season can guarantee no weight gain.  The only thing gained is the JOY in your soul... ...

Happy Thanksgiving From MTStars
Nov 25, 2010

MTStars wishes everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.  We are thankful for all of our posters, their opinions, their participation and an opportunity to provide a gathering place for all. MTStars Team   ...

Has Anyone Heard About Their Thanksgiving Request Yet?
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

Happy Thanksgiving To All My Fellow MTs
Nov 28, 2013

out there.   If you are working ~ hope there is plenty of work and if you are off ~ hope you have a blessed day with family! ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

Since The Window To Request Thanksgiving Has Closed
Oct 22, 2014

and the window to request Christmas is about to open, and the new rule our "scheduler" made up is that we can only take one of them, it would be nice if she would PROCESS THE THANKSGIVING REQUESTS SO WE KNOW IF WE CAN REQUEST CHRISTMAS OR NOT.    On a side note, since we can only take one of them, I suspect because she thinks it will make her job easier, that's going to throw way too many people working on completely dead holidays, which will lead to her having to fill out a ton ...

Just Got Big Fat $4.74 Holiday Pay For 3 Hours Work On Thanksgiving. Woohooo!!! Nm
Dec 04, 2013

xx ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...