A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Production Incentive Payout Discrepancy - Anybody else get this too?

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

They apparently overpaid me for a bonus and this amount will be deducted from my next paycheck.  Nice.  And what was the amount of this bonus I received that they can't live without? $1.48.  A DOLLAR @!#$& 48!! 

Yes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I got one too. Have to find out when I supposedly got paid this bonus.

Unfreakingbelievable!!! - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

OVERPAID - makinG those pennies squeak! UNBELIEVABLE.....

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I Think I Figured It Out - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
They paid us this bonus on the last check which was supposed to come on this next check, so just make sure that they paid you properly on this next check.

There were 2 bonuses in December, one on the 10th through 13th and and one the 17th through 20th. The one just paid on last check was supposed to be Dec. 10 through 13 and the one on this next check for today (friday) is supposed to be the bonus from Dec 17 to 20.

Hope I explained that right, but just make sure that your exact bonus discrepancy is on this check for today.

Since I haven't been able to type enough lines to - qualify for a bonus in years,

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I get to keep all my pennies. Yea!

re: pennies and bonuses - fyi

[ In Reply To ..]
Just want to point out, that since there are thousands of people here in the states and abroad working for this company, you have to admit that each fraction of a penny can add up.

Of course they're going to pinch each fraction of a cent! How else are the suits going to afford their bonuses and vay-cays!

How insane... it's like the time the my bank (a big national bank) sent me a PAPER CHECK for 0.34 cents for some silly error! Not even worth a stamp much less the process of printing it out on a paper! I kept the check for conversation sake.

Money makes the world go round...

And more will be deducted once they figure out - the extra hourly rate they paid.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is one additional thing I got out of the email. "there may be an adjustment to the over time payout, if any " Apparently, their bonus smoke and mirrors is even too much for them to keep track of. The more CB we become, the less FTR in nonproduction departments. Looks like I am going to have to start keeping the incentive emails and doing my own calculations to make sure the pay is correct.

How pathetic. What a CHINTZY company! - (And they want that STAT report WHEN?)

[ In Reply To ..]

YEP and it was more than a few $. - snarl

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't even understand their own math.

re: incentive - boo

[ In Reply To ..]
They actually OWE me money, so I'm not complaining!

Here's why ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You want the scales to balance, no matter what side you are on.

If they owe you 52 cents, then they are obligated to pay you that 52 cents. If you are overpaid 52 cents, you are obligated to pay it back.

It is called maintaining accurate pay.

Any other business or store would do the same - as you would, if you were a customer and the store owed you.

Get over it. The pettiness is not over a $1.48 amount that they realized is not accurate in their books but over YOU thinking YOU deserve pay you were not entitled to.

Grow up and get over it.

I don't know why everyone balks at the rich feeling "entitled." I've never seen anyone with a better demonstration than angry little MTs and other labor workers who are unhappy with their own choices. No one made you be an MT. No one makes you work this job. No one keeps you in an undesirable financial picture than yourself.

You are NOT entitled to a single penny you didn't earn from any employer.

MQ was supposed to provide accurate line counting - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
After the multitude of lawsuits MQ was supposed to provide clear info on exactly what constitutes a line and how exactly we get paid. No I am not entitled to money I didn't earn but I would like to see my paycheck broken down better and I would like to see exactly how MQ counts my lines. When I take my paystub and try to multiply my line count by my rate it still doesn't come out right. I still don't trust that what the MQ software determines is my line count is accurate. How easy is it for them to shave off lines? Has anyone received the new shift differential? I have not seen it on my last 2 paychecks.

Perhaps if MQ made the line counting clear to everyone and did away with these incentives then payroll would be able to do their job without having to refund $1.48 from one paycheck and subtract it from the next. It is called working smarter, something along the lines of FTR which apparently only applies to the MTs.

To: NJA Queen, accurate line counting - naturegal

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm totally with you on not trusting the software. They should have more explanation on the pay stub than they do. I'm trying my best to calculate my pay and if I have any discrepancy I will definitely shoot off an email to payroll, especially with this new company handling it. However, I don't really expect a clear accounting as when the other company was doing it I contacted payroll a few times and there were still things that weren't clear to me -- that's what they're good at - keeping things muddled so that you get frustrated and just give up.

First of all, they HAVE provided such ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They have a statement of line count available as a policy.

Second, you have the ability to check the exact line count and characters counted on every report.

So, again, get over it.
Pull in your claws - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Yikes! Did you not get your coffee today? Yes we all have the ability to check our line count and characters and that is exactly what Kaiser did and sued MQ for overbilling and WON!! What makes you think they are not treating the MTs the same way?

The paystubs are purposely cryptic and line counts from Documanage do not match on the paystubs. There is no shift differential listed on the paystub. Honestly, are we supposed to just trust that payroll is doing its job- after it took 3 times to send out an email explaining the new payroll system, not including a recall email? Put your pompoms away and find someone else to cheer to. You will never convince me that the line counting software is accurate.
To: NJA Queen, Pull in your claws - naturegal
[ In Reply To ..]
I am so totally in agreement with you!
Me too! Totally agree with Queen. - Was not to receive a bonus, and I got 60.00.
[ In Reply To ..]
Something wrong with this picture. I was not to receive a bonus and get 60.00?? Which I receive an email stating, Oops, our mistake and we are taking it back. Personally, I COULD CARELESS.

Just goes to show you that there is no trust when it comes to your paychecks or line counts. Yes, MQ was sued by Kaiser and other companies because of line counts. Do not forget FOR YEARS MQ was messing with MT line counts and got sued, but that money went to that school.

Shift Differential - ame

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been wondering about the shift differential. I work night shift. What was the shift differential before they made the change? What is it now? Did it go up or down?

I tend to beleive all posters here are hard-working MTs, - but, gosh, even I think you are a suit. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

a suit - Wooly Bully

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm thinking like you after noting the snarkiness!! Go ahead "sm" and flame me - won't hurt me a bit, but if it makes ya happy go for it!!

Similar Messages:

Incentive Payout (?)
Jan 27, 2013

Did anyone get their payout for the incentive they offered when the system was down, and if so, how is it listed on your pay stub?  I had almost $100 in incentive, but it's not on my check?  TIA ...

Nuance Production Incentive
Jun 21, 2011

Does anyone know how Nuance calculates the amount you will get for your production bonus? I know I have met the requirements, but just wondering how they figure out how much you are going to get.   Thanks! ...

TransTech Production Incentive
May 09, 2012

Is that paid just on lines above minimum requirement or applied to all lines typed for the pay period? ...

Are The QA Incentive And Production Incentives Tied To Each Other
Dec 12, 2012

I have been on a conference call.  I am a former transcender.  I thought it was pretty clear that the QA and production incentives were not related to each other but people seem to be confused.  What is the feeling on this?  I thought it was pretty simple. ...

AMPHION TRITON PRODUCTION....ANYONE GET INCENTIVE?
Apr 07, 2015

I am curious if anyone or many out there are able to hit the 13,500 lines per period to get incentive on the Triton platform with Amphion.  I am usually a high producer, but the lines on Triton just don't seem to add up no matter how fast I go.  Is this just me?  What's the trick? ...

PTO Payout
May 27, 2015

I have a question regarding PTO for anyone who quit.  How long did it take to pay it out?  I gave my notice of 2 weeks and my last day was a few weeks ago.  I don't see it on my paycheck for this Friday.  How long does it take to pay it out?  I would think it would have been on this paycheck for this Friday.  Thanks. ...

CT VR Discrepancy
Dec 17, 2009

What does the "VR" stand for? ...

Pay Discrepancy
Apr 17, 2014

Check your pay stubs.  I had NO PAY for transcribed lines (just SR lines) for upcoming pay check.  Have email into Payroll but no response yet. ...

Webclock Discrepancy
May 04, 2014

anyone else being told of webclock discrepancies, that you are claiming more hours than you worked?  ...

Productivity Discrepancy
Feb 18, 2015

Is anyone else noticing a discrepancy between what the productivity number  is during transcription and the weekly productivity number posted to your email?  My productivity number during transcription is running 20-30 lines higher than the final number.  This has just recently started happening.  ...

Discrepancy On Birth Date
Mar 18, 2011

I'm new at this, so please don't rail me. The doc says she's an 87-year-old woman, but dictates her birth date as 2003. What do you do in cases like this? ...

SOFTSCRIPT LINE DISCREPANCY??
Jan 05, 2012

I have been spending the same amount of hours, doing the same accounts and my lines have been decreasing.  Is there something going on that we are not aware of?  Another question, do we get paid for spaces?  And if we did, maybe they have been taken away.  I am confused....  Anyone know what is happening?   TIA ...

Discrepancy In Number Of Jobs Available?
Jun 05, 2013

Here's an example -- While working, I get an email at says my account needs help because there are 100 jobs to be done, but when I look at the q then, there are only 20 jobs there.  What's happening? ...

TT/Imedx - Line Discrepancy?
Feb 05, 2015

Has anyone noticed a reduction in lines? I completed 2 speech documents this moring. ESL, but not terrible. I copied/pasted the body text (no headers/footers) into blank Word document and ran the Word Properties after each was completed. Together there were 13,375 keystrokes (VBC + spaces), and divided by 65 the total was 205.76923 lines. However, when I went to IChart I was only credited with completing 149.38 lines. I made sure to wait 2 hours before I went to IChart, to allow enough time for ...

Line Count Discrepancy In Platforms
Sep 22, 2010

This question is for people who are working on the ExText and/or Escription platforms. Hopefully, you'll be able to explain this to me.I worked for 6-1/2 hours yesterday in Escription. The dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. At the end of the day my production was only 1,130 lines, or an average of 175 lph.I worked for 1-1/2 hours this morning in ExText. As before, the dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. When I signed off I had transcribed 525 lines ...

Webmedx SR Line Counts Discrepancy
Oct 14, 2010

I apologize to sound like an Webmedx complainer. Not my intent, but I am extremely concerned regarding the SR jobs I'm transcribing and receiving correct compensation. The way I understand it, an SR/VR draft report already has a tallied line count when it goes to an MT and if during the course of your edit, you delete lines, the line count always reflects this by being less, it does not stay at the original SR drafted line count. Makes sense, and I have no issues with th ...

Nuance - Anyone Else Having Discrepancy In Hours Worked?
Nov 23, 2011

Over the last two pay periods, at the end of the period, the amount of hours they tell me I worked is extremely low compared to the hours that I actually worked. Last pay period, prior to "approving my time card", the total amount of hours they calculated that I worked over a two week period was 12 hours!!!! When in reality I had worked 36 hours. When I emailed my supervisor, as usual it took three days for her to answer and by then, she had already approved my time card because I hadn' ...

Nuance Hours/lines Discrepancy
Nov 30, 2011

There was a post last week on Nuance pay discrepancies. I had a 3 hour discrepancy, didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I made a mistake. This time it is a 5 hour discrepancy. I know I didn't make a 5 hour mistake on my time punches. My lines are not what they should be either. I am about to find another job. I don't make enough as it is without being shorted. Did anyone else notice this with this last pay period? ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

Report Wage Discrepancy Or Employee Status
Jun 29, 2010

Watching MSNBC and a number was given out along with a plea for anyone in the US who feels they are being paid unfairly or if they feel their tax classification (IC v Employee) is wrong.   866-4US-WAGE The push is on.  ...

Discrepancy Between Webclock Timesheet And Fiesa QA Score?
May 21, 2013

Always have greater than 99.5% on Fiesa QA score but always under 98.8% on Webclock Timesheet. Supervisor said it was just difference in dates for week I asked about, but it has always been thus. Anyone know why? ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...