A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Moderator...question about the Job Wanted board...can we list our training/school? - reen

Posted: May 05, 2010

As a new graduate, it would great for those seeking employment if we could list our training/school.

Just a thought as I've been reading through lots of forums of job ads that say no newbies unless you were a student of a few select schools. Thoughts??

Response - SM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to list your school in the Headline/Subject field, that is up to you.

thanks! Didn't think of posting it in headline... - reen

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks

Similar Messages:

Moderator: Will We Still Be Getting A 'jobs Wanted' Board, And
Nov 05, 2009

is there a way to fix the search feature to where you can search for short terms?  Right now, it won't let you search for terms like 'QA' or 'MDI' etc. because they're too short.  It also limits you to one page of results.  The Google search box we used to have worked much better.  TIA. ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

To Moderator - Can We Have An IC Board?
May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this. ...

Opinions Wanted From Seasoned MTs Regarding MT Training
Jan 12, 2010

Opinions wanted.  Should instructors at Medical Transcription Schools have prior experience as a Medical Transcriptionist?  Can someone who has never done Medical Transcription themselves teach someone else properly? If I spend $2650 plus $355 for “hardcover medical dictionaries,” I would hope the person instructing me at least had a clue how to use them.             Here is a job opening posting:    P ...

Information Wanted On Andrews School
Nov 15, 2011

I am looking into moving into Coding as a profession. I will be talking to Interface Computer School this afternoon as they have a billing/coding class (just asking questions right now), but I am hearing so much of Andrews. I know this is an online course. I feel a little nervous about not having a teacher in front of me. Can anyone tell me about Andrews, what to expect, how hard is it really (sounds pretty strict on grades, etc on the web page) how well communication is and if yo ...

NEW: Job Wanted Board -- SM
May 03, 2010

We now have a Job Wanted board available.  This is a board for you to make confidential posts that list what you are looking for in your job search.  There are many ways to use the Job Wanted board.  There are also safe practices you, as posters, should take for professional security. Posters responding to your job-wanted ad can be recruiters, facilities, any business wanting to respond to you.  Other fellow posters (MTs) can also make suggestions about companies ...

Re: Job Wanted Board
Jun 05, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a response from a company yet? I am on there and I have not heard a thing. If this is not in the right spot, I am not sure exactly where to post this! ...

So Finally We Have A Job Wanted Board!
May 03, 2010

See the menu on left under Job Seeker's Board or here is the direct link. http://forum.mtstars.com/wanted/ ...

Something Noticed On The Job Wanted Board,
May 04, 2010

your job-hunting results.  There are a lot of people with 10-20+ years' experience seeking work.  I'm in the same boat.  My experience so far has been that NOBODY is interested in hiring older, highly-experienced MTs.  Any of you starting to feel that vibe? So I'd be interested to know what sort of results you get from the Jobs Wanted board.  When you truthfully state your many years of experience, are you getting any offers?  Are they willing to com ...

Curious About The Job Wanted Board . . .
May 17, 2010

I am curious if anyone who has posted on the Job Wanted Board if you have actually had anyone contact you regarding your experience.   I am wondering if companies actually look at this or are other MTs seeing who their competition is . . .   Just curious.  thanks ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Contacts Yet?
May 18, 2010

Just curious if anyone is getting contacted from the job wanted board?  Thanks ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job Offer From The Job Wanted Board?
Jul 31, 2010

Just curious...has anyone ever gotten a job from their posting on the job wanted board? There seem to be many Mts looking for work. It would be interesting to know how many MTs have work that want to work. ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Job After Posting On Job Wanted Board?
Oct 24, 2010

I am thinking about posting there, but wondered if anyone had any luck finding a decent job that way. ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Job Offers?
Jun 14, 2011

Has anyone ever gotten a job after they've posted on the Job Wanted Board?  Just wondering.  (sorry if this is the wrong board to post this message) ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Response
Aug 18, 2011

Just wondering.  Has anyone who has posted on the Job Wanted Board actually gotten any response or, better yet, a job out of posting there?  TIA ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job From Posting On The Job Wanted Board?? Thanks.nm
Nov 02, 2011

nm ...

My Post On Job Wanted Board
Mar 19, 2013

I posted on the Job Wanted Board. This morning I received an E-mail from "Ravindran" which said the following: i can help u, contact me. This smells fishy to me, and replied that the response was "very unprofessional". India, maybe? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Good Job By Posting On The Job Wanted Board? Nm
Mar 02, 2012

NM ...

Has Anyone Been Hired From Posting On The Job Wanted Board? NM
Mar 30, 2013

. ...

Jobs Wanted Board - Oh Good Grief
Mar 02, 2011

I just posted on the Jobs Wanted Board - and it came up x 2 - I then tried to delete - and now there are 3 identical postings.....  How do I get the two extra off?  (blushing with embarrassment) - I want to get rid of the evidence as soon as possible  lol ...

Resume Bank/Jobs Wanted Board
Jul 12, 2014

Just curious if posting on the Jobs Wanted or in the Resume Bank has been useful to anyone, or are companies just looking through resumes they receive to fill positions.  Thanks! ...

Good Training School
Jun 09, 2010

I need some advice on good schools to use for transcription training.  I have been talking to Kaplan University about their program.  Does anyone know anything about them they can advise?  Has anyone else used them?  I am afraid since they aren't a local college in the state of Texas, where I live, I will have a hard time finding work after graduation.  Any thoughts?  All help would be appreciated! ...

Career Step - Is A Good School To Attend For MT Training
Jan 15, 2011

I would like to know if anyone thinks Career Step is a good school to attend for MT training. Andrews and MTEC are quite a bit more expensive and I don't think I can afford them. I can't really afford Career Step. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. ...

BEFORE YOU POST: Use The Correct Board - List Is On The Left. NM
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Is There A List Somewhere On Synernet Message Board That Has The Names Of The People Who Are The Tea
Mar 05, 2014

I was wondering for people who have been at Synernet for a while, is there a list of the team leads for each shift posted somewhere?  I find it odd that they hire people, but then never tell anyone who was hired for the position.  Aren't team leads there to help if someone should have a question ?  I just felt it was odd.  ...

"Private Medical Transcriptionist" On Another Help Wanted Board Is A Scam
Feb 26, 2014

Same tip-offs as all the others (don't want to give too much away or those shysters will know to change it).   Just FYI.   ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

SoftScript Called Me Today And Wanted To Know If I Wanted To Work For Them
Jun 11, 2010

Although I work for Spheris/Medquist right now, SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them. I had applied with them before being hired by Spheris. They assured me they DO have work right now. ...