A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them - BH

Posted: Jun 11, 2010

Although I work for Spheris/Medquist right now, SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them. I had applied with them before being hired by Spheris. They assured me they DO have work right now.

They are no better than where you are now. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
They are constantly hiring because they have such a high turnover, which would be a major red flag for me. Company is poorly run, have a very large number of challenging ESLs, sound quality horrific, very strict on schedule. There is a lot more in the archives.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They probably do have plenty of work because they can't keep MTs.

Softscript - sheepwhisperer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working for SS for 6 months now and I have to say, so far it has been a good experience. They are very nice and do not hesitate to tell us all we are doing a good job how much they appreciate our hard work, etc., which seems to be a rare thing nowdays. I used to work for Spheris (before the merger) and once they went to VR, my paycheck took a nosedive. I saw what was coming ahead and decided to "jump ship" and now I am glad I did. SS is typing only, their software is very easy to learn, my accounts are good ones and I have never ran out of work. After I changed from Spheris to SS, I am working 8 less hours a week than I did with Spheris (I work 24 now) and my checks are quite a bit more than before. As long as you do good quality work and work when you are supposed to, they are good to work for. I have had some personal things come up and they have been very understanding and worked with me. Communication sometimes is a challenge but other than that, I can honestly say I find them great to work for. I too had read a lot of negative things before I took my job with them, so everyone is different. From what I have read on here about Spheris and the Q now, the way I see it, what do you have to lose? Good luck in whatever you decide.

Do they offer part-time then? I would love that. - a full timer who wants part-time

[ In Reply To ..]
How is the sound quality that you type and are would you know the percentage of ESL by chance? I think I have about 75% ESL where I am at now and all VR. I want part-time but they tell me they cannot guarantee work for me then and would have to replace my position, yet my account never runs out of work and they are constantly asking us to work extra. If you could answer any of those questions for me, then I may think about applying to them as well. Thank you in advance.

I started working for them 3 weeks ago - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and love it. There system is extremely easy to use. There is plenty of work. My accounts are straight typing, very little ESL. They are pleasant, complimentary to their workers and I work part-time. However, part-time has to be 2nd or 3rd shift and either Saturday or Sundary during those shift hours. I have 30 years experience as an acute care transcriptionist and took this job after retirement. I work 20 hours a week. I have worked at different places for extra money beside the hospital (even the evil Q) and I think this is one of the nicest places I have worked. Go for it.
Can I ask a couple of questions? - Grazi
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mind sharing how you got placed on the account you have? Do they offer you a choice of accounts, or was it just luck of the draw? How long were you on QA before you could dive in (these 5 and 10 reports a day gigs are a pain). Also, which platform(s) is it on and have you had any sound quality issues?

It sounds like an ideal part-time gig for me because of the hours but I've had accounts with sound quality issues (overflow account and re-recorded a couple of times) and it really was a deal-breaker.

TIA!

Softscript - sheepwhisperer

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I am just getting back, haven't checked the board in a couple of days. I will try to answer some of your questions. As for sound quality, I have never had a bad one yet. If I were to guess my percentage of ESL on my 2 accounts is probably 25% or a little more. My accounts always have work. I do work part time, 6-hour days 4 days a week with one of them being on Sunday. When I was hired, I was given first shift hours but from what I understand now you may have to work 2nd or 3rd for part-time, but I am not sure. I agree with Anon, they have been great to work for and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Go for it and good luck!

Softscript - curiousmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone know how their full-time health/Rx benefits are? Feel free to send me an email if you don't want to post it publicly. Thanks!

Lend a hand (eye)? - BlindMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I missing their listing on the JS board? I think sometimes I look so hard for something I completely blind myself to it, lol! Or maybe it's under a contact name rather than SS?

Can anyone help out a blind-as-a-bat MT and copy up a link?

TIA!

Similar Messages:

SoftScript Info Wanted Please
Apr 01, 2011

Hi,  Any comments good or bad on SoftScript for transcription or QA editor jobs? Thanks. ...

Wanted To Go PT
Jun 04, 2013

My plan was to retire PT and work PT, however, I was told MModal is no longer allowing employees to go PT only if you are grandfathered in.  Yet, today I see on MTJobs MModal is looking for PT workers.  If I do not go PT, I will lose quite a bit of money monthly from SS retirement.  I also was told we are only allowed to take 3 sick days a year.   ...

Info Wanted
Nov 11, 2009

I've been an IC for 10 years with the same company.  Made excellent money working only part time.  This company has now lost a lot of accounts and work has slowed to almost nothing (had no work so far today).  Now I'm looking into getting a job through one of these national companies and have been reading the posts made here and have sent my resume to a couple places.  I feel shell-shocked with all the questions.  Can anyone tell me what these na ...

NEW: Job Wanted Board -- SM
May 03, 2010

We now have a Job Wanted board available.  This is a board for you to make confidential posts that list what you are looking for in your job search.  There are many ways to use the Job Wanted board.  There are also safe practices you, as posters, should take for professional security. Posters responding to your job-wanted ad can be recruiters, facilities, any business wanting to respond to you.  Other fellow posters (MTs) can also make suggestions about companies ...

Re: Job Wanted Board
Jun 05, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a response from a company yet? I am on there and I have not heard a thing. If this is not in the right spot, I am not sure exactly where to post this! ...

This Is Tammy...just Wanted To Say.....
Nov 01, 2011

Thank you to all of you who have gotten in touch.  I really loved working with each and every one of you and your support and concern is so truly appreciated!  But you know what?  Honestly, I am looking at this as a blessing in disguise.  I would not want to work for a company that constantly lies to its employees and has no regard for anything other than their own pockets.  Please keep in touch.  You can all still contact me at tpkj05@yahoo.com or ca ...

I Know It Is A Little Early, But I Wanted To Be The First.
Dec 31, 2011

nm ...

At Home Job Wanted
Apr 08, 2013

I am looking for an at home job and can not find any entry level positions. Does anyone have any advice please???? ...

QA And Fiesa Your Help Wanted Ad!
Oct 10, 2014

You expect nothing less than perfection from your unappreciated MLS but you do not know there is an "M" in ambulatory??????????????!  ...

REFERENCE BOOKS - HELP WANTED!
Dec 16, 2009

I just started this new job 2 weeks ago working for a plastic surgeon.  Now trying to build my reference book library.  What books would you recommend?  I know I need a PDR...I'm having trouble deciding which one would be best.  I also am needing a good Plastic/Cosmetic surgery reference book.....any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

I Just Wanted To Take A Quick Minute To Say I Really
Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer.  I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank ...

Encouragement And/or Opinions Wanted
Feb 27, 2010

Hey all, I'm seriously thinking about dropping MQ and transcription in general as the outlook looks grim.  I was thinking of going to school as a pharmacist.  If anybody knows what such job is like and can give me their opinion and maybe some encouragement to make such a move, I would appreciate it.  TIA! ...

So Finally We Have A Job Wanted Board!
May 03, 2010

See the menu on left under Job Seeker's Board or here is the direct link. http://forum.mtstars.com/wanted/ ...

Something Noticed On The Job Wanted Board,
May 04, 2010

your job-hunting results.  There are a lot of people with 10-20+ years' experience seeking work.  I'm in the same boat.  My experience so far has been that NOBODY is interested in hiring older, highly-experienced MTs.  Any of you starting to feel that vibe? So I'd be interested to know what sort of results you get from the Jobs Wanted board.  When you truthfully state your many years of experience, are you getting any offers?  Are they willing to com ...

Pt Wanted To Be Put On S/l Wacheluss For Constipation
May 05, 2010

s/l wacheluss?  I could not find this in constipation drugs. ...

Curious About The Job Wanted Board . . .
May 17, 2010

I am curious if anyone who has posted on the Job Wanted Board if you have actually had anyone contact you regarding your experience.   I am wondering if companies actually look at this or are other MTs seeing who their competition is . . .   Just curious.  thanks ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Contacts Yet?
May 18, 2010

Just curious if anyone is getting contacted from the job wanted board?  Thanks ...

Input Wanted From My Fellow MQ'rs
Jun 10, 2010

I'm totally getting burned out at MQ.  If it's not the NJA with requests to change schedule, then it's the lack of primary and getting other unknown accounts slowing me down.  I've gone from full-time at MQ down to working part-time with another part-time job to make up lost income now for the past 7 months.  When I started MT'ing so many years ago, the pay was great and being able to set my own schedule was a real plus as well.  It was the ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job Offer From The Job Wanted Board?
Jul 31, 2010

Just curious...has anyone ever gotten a job from their posting on the job wanted board? There seem to be many Mts looking for work. It would be interesting to know how many MTs have work that want to work. ...

If Wanted To Warn About A Company
Sep 05, 2010

If I wanted to warn potential applicants about a company (or in particular, the one person from *** who is allowed to make life miserable for the transcriptionist) that I see is advertising for positions (again) , would be that be an ethical thing to do?  I would not want anybody to go through what myself and 3 others have been through. ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Job After Posting On Job Wanted Board?
Oct 24, 2010

I am thinking about posting there, but wondered if anyone had any luck finding a decent job that way. ...

QA/EDITOR INFO WANTED.
Nov 04, 2010

Hi all.  Can anyone tell me what the scenario is nowdays with MQ QA/editors?  Do they still have just QA or is it QA combined with transcription?  Do they pay per hour and can anyone tell me approximately how much? Thanks in advance. ...

Electronic Signature Wanted...
Dec 08, 2010

I have a client who is requesting electronic signatures.  Is there a software someone can recommend?  Who does this and how do you do it? Any help/advice is appreciated! ...

Brainiacs Wanted!! (need Help With EEG Report)
Dec 30, 2010

This Asian doc is dictating an EEG report. He says: "There is high amplitude delta [probably waves/activity] that is associated with s/l clef seizure or right arm movements."  I can't find what type of seizure this might be.  I suppose it could even be "left" seizure, but I'm not sure.  Anyone with EEG experience who'd care to share?? ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Job Offers?
Jun 14, 2011

Has anyone ever gotten a job after they've posted on the Job Wanted Board?  Just wondering.  (sorry if this is the wrong board to post this message) ...

Transcend..opinions Wanted
Aug 08, 2011

I just received an email stating Transcend would like to hire me and they are going to call me to go over a deal.  Does anyone know anything about this company, are they good to work for?  I figure anything has to be better than the Q.   Thanks! ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Response
Aug 18, 2011

Just wondering.  Has anyone who has posted on the Job Wanted Board actually gotten any response or, better yet, a job out of posting there?  TIA ...

Wanted To Share My Triumph!
Aug 22, 2011

I see so much negative posted on this board, that I wanted to share my success, if for no other reason than to show others that it is possible to do well.   I had struggled for a while lately with production because of some personal circumstances, and having a hard time just getting myself in gear and being able to do what needed to be done. I finally decided that I am the only one who can change my financial situation, and took the bull by the horns.  I downloaded a stopwatch/timer ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job From Posting On The Job Wanted Board?? Thanks.nm
Nov 02, 2011

nm ...

My Post On Job Wanted Board
Mar 19, 2013

I posted on the Job Wanted Board. This morning I received an E-mail from "Ravindran" which said the following: i can help u, contact me. This smells fishy to me, and replied that the response was "very unprofessional". India, maybe? ...