A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word expanders on disc? - srn

Posted: Dec 04, 2012

Is it possible to get a word expander (Shorthand, etc) on disc instead of just download?  I don't have much faith in the security of downloading what is basically already a key-logger from a website that seems a little shady.  Thanks!

I think they will send a disk for an extra $10 - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
wondering about your suspicions of their website, though.

Similar Messages:

Who Has The Best Word Expanders?
Oct 04, 2012

Who has the best expanders and compatible with most transcription programs including Meditech, etc?  Shortcut, Shorthand, or InstantText Pro 7?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Word Expanders
Sep 26, 2014

I am looking into getting a word expander that will work on any program on the computer that I use for work, such as specialized company sites, etc.  Is there one?  I use auto correct in Word presently.  Feel free to let me know of any, how you like it, the cost, etc.  Thanks!!! ...

Word Expanders What You Use?
Oct 08, 2014

I am just starting out and curious what you guys use for word expanders. I have looked at a few by searching phrases like word expander and text expander in Google. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.   Thanks, ...

Word Expanders Question - Sm
Feb 23, 2010

I'm using Express Editor and I don't like the ESP that comes with it as it limits what you can do, and my expander in Microsoft Word will not work with this program. Anyone using the same platform have any good programs that will work? TIA. ...

Transcend Word Expanders
May 26, 2011

Do they provide a word expander for you or are you required to purchase your own?  Some companies act like it is a luxury item rather than a necessity anymore. TIA ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Cannot Use Word Expanders In Red Line Headings.
Oct 18, 2010

So clearly..this is now part of ADT info and we are no longer paid for those keystrokes. plus..I guess I will throw in my 2 cents re: physician look-up.  I cannot believe they did this.  And who ever does not notice the change or recognize the detriment in providing good info in the report, clearly did not use the previous physician look-up to its advantage.  How in the world not having the entire name populate or as you type in the name, have the docs pop up is beyond me.&n ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Getting Medical Transcription Word Expanders
Nov 21, 2011

I am finally getting smart (after 26 years!!!) and looking into getting transcription expanders (but don't have much money) and have no idea what is best all the way around (user friendly, cost, easy to learn as you go, etc.).  Any ideas?  Thanks :) ...

Word Expanders, Pros And Cons
Feb 27, 2013

I am getting a new computer with Windows 7 and would like to know what word expander programs a person would find simple, minimal learning curve, pros and cons and what is out there. I have always used autocorrect, but feel with a MT expander would increase my production better.  Any advice, what to stay away from and what do you like about it or not? ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Word Expanders - Instant Text, Or ShorCut By Sylvan Is The Best?
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas on whether Instant Text, or ShorCut by Sylvan is the best? ...

At L4-5, There Is S/l (disc-a-zation) Of The Disc Representing Loss Of Water Content.
Mar 07, 2012

TIA :-) ...

Disc Or Disk? Degenerative Disc Disease?
Jun 03, 2010

Just wondering... I know AAMT is saying use "disk" for all, but what about DDD?  Do you use degenerative "disc" or "disk" disease?  ...

Disk Versus Disc - Degenerative Disk/disc Disease?
Sep 26, 2014

I work with an MT who insists that it is degenerative disk disease, but we have an ortho doctor who insists it is degenerative disc disease.  He is so annoyed that in his latest dictation he says "humor me and just spell it d-i-s-c" and then proceeds to spell the word every single time he says it throughout the report. Now, I will say that I always typed it "degenerative disc disease" because I worked for an ortho office and was told that was the preferred spelling.  When I start ...

Termination For Using Expanders?
Nov 06, 2009

Did anyone get the message today that using expanders over 75 characters will result in immediate termination? ...

Question About Expanders For VR.
Aug 13, 2010

Can someone suggest a "free" text expander for VR.  I've seen some around on the internet, but as far as which one would be a little better than the other?  I'd love to get Shorthand for Windows, but the truth of the matter with my very meager check I'm getting now on VR, there is not much leftover, if any, to spend on buying software.  Let's put it this way, I'd love to get the Ferrari, but the reality is that I can only afford the Pinto or the Yugo right ...

Question About Expanders
May 13, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 5 years now.  I have never used an expander yet, but I am just wondering about them.  I think that if I were to use an expander, I would be way too paranoid about it and it would end up taking longer double checking than if I were to just type the whole sentence or paragraph out myself.  My question is this:  What kind of expanders do you use and does it really cut down on the time for each report?  Are there any easy littl ...

MediSoft And Expanders
Nov 18, 2012

Are there any expander programs that work within MediSoft?   One of my doctors is switching to this software, and while I'm happy to be included in the transition rather than kicked to the curb, I will miss the heavy assist I get from Word AutoText and AutoCorrect. The guy who gave me the 15-minute mini-training said no expanders would work with MediSoft, but that was after finally getting him to understand I was not asking about spell-check... so I'm not sure he even knew what ...

Typing Expanders
Sep 07, 2013

Shorthand or SwiftText?  (Or maybe something else affordable.)  I need something that I can obtain a disc in case of reinstalling.  I just had to do a system restore and was using Instant Text Pro V 7.  Of course, there is no disc for this program.  As they described it, I was "renting" the program and would need to pay the full price again to reinstall on the same computer.  (A bunch of crap in my opinion, but what does my opinion matter to them?)  My Word Aut ...

Abbreviation Expanders
Jan 25, 2014

I've been using ShortCuts abbreviation expander (from Hawk Technologies) at work for YEARS and was hoping to be able to purchase the program for use at home.  When I searched for the company, though, I found that they may have gone out of business some time ago.  Does anyone know if another company bought them out?  If so, I'm hopeful they will still have the ShorCuts program available.  Thanks! ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

I Need Good Shorthand Expanders
Nov 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me where to find a good expansion glossary/file/list or whatever you call it for Shorthand that will cover acute care/hospital/operative reports?  I have Shorthand 8.  I really need to speed up.  How do you use commands in Shorthand?  Thanks in advance ...

Can Your Expanders In DQS Be Moved To Another Platform. Nm
Nov 30, 2012

nm ...

Expanders That Work With Bayscribe, Anyone?
Jul 22, 2013

Thank you in advance. ...

? DISC
Jan 31, 2012

Neurosurgery:  Left L4-5 retroperitoneal retrieval of s/l "sharatade" disc.  ? disc Thanks. ...

Keystrokes - Information On Platforms, Expanders, Etc?
Mar 10, 2010

Hoping a current Keystrokes transcriptionist can give me some information on platforms, expanders, etc.  My job is being outsourced to them,  and I am hoping they will offer my fellow employees and myself positions.  So I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and am wondering now if I should just rehabilitate my Windows XP computer. Thanks! ...

I'm Wondering What Sorts Of Entries Other MTs Have In Their Expanders
Dec 19, 2010

to make them more productive?  Do you try to create a normal PE and ROS for every single dictator you come across?  Do you find it faster to use templates and delete any headings you don't use? I'm trying to up my production and I'm having a devil of a time doing it.  I have a pretty good size expander file that has 300+ entries, but I can't seem to really put out the lines.  So I'm trying to get ideas from other MTs on how they use their abbreviatio ...

Disk Or Disc
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have a trick on how to know which is the right form to use?  When I look them up in the dictionary I am thinking disc is for eyes and disk is for spine??  Any help appreciated!  ...

Cup-to-disc Ratio
Mar 30, 2010

doctor states "cup-to-disc ratio is two to three"  How is this typed?  ...