A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please help! Trying to put macros/expanders in Word 2003 - me

Posted: Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!!

On tool bar go to Tools, then Autocorrect. That is your - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
expander. In the first box type in the abbreviation, tab over and type the expansion. Macros are a whole different thing. For the life of me, I cannot do those at all.

Autocorrect? Really? I was totally off base. Will try - the poster above

[ In Reply To ..]
that instead of Macros. THANK YOU, you saved me a ton of time!

word 2003 expanders - ParisMT

[ In Reply To ..]
In Word, I use the autocorrect (under options)as a word expander for up to 5 words, other sentences or paragraphs macros.

And for paragraphs, using AutoText found under Insert (nm) - Chris

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...

Macros In Word?
Apr 16, 2011

I've always worked from home and used Word Perfect.  Now I'm back in the office - one of offices I've contracted with for years, but they have Word.  It's taking me forever, and I can't figure out how to build macros in Word like I had in Word Perfect.  Help??? ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Who Has The Best Word Expanders?
Oct 04, 2012

Who has the best expanders and compatible with most transcription programs including Meditech, etc?  Shortcut, Shorthand, or InstantText Pro 7?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Word Expanders
Sep 26, 2014

I am looking into getting a word expander that will work on any program on the computer that I use for work, such as specialized company sites, etc.  Is there one?  I use auto correct in Word presently.  Feel free to let me know of any, how you like it, the cost, etc.  Thanks!!! ...

Word Expanders What You Use?
Oct 08, 2014

I am just starting out and curious what you guys use for word expanders. I have looked at a few by searching phrases like word expander and text expander in Google. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.   Thanks, ...

Word Expanders Question - Sm
Feb 23, 2010

I'm using Express Editor and I don't like the ESP that comes with it as it limits what you can do, and my expander in Microsoft Word will not work with this program. Anyone using the same platform have any good programs that will work? TIA. ...

Transcend Word Expanders
May 26, 2011

Do they provide a word expander for you or are you required to purchase your own?  Some companies act like it is a luxury item rather than a necessity anymore. TIA ...

Word Expanders On Disc?
Dec 04, 2012

Is it possible to get a word expander (Shorthand, etc) on disc instead of just download?  I don't have much faith in the security of downloading what is basically already a key-logger from a website that seems a little shady.  Thanks! ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Cannot Use Word Expanders In Red Line Headings.
Oct 18, 2010

So clearly..this is now part of ADT info and we are no longer paid for those keystrokes. plus..I guess I will throw in my 2 cents re: physician look-up.  I cannot believe they did this.  And who ever does not notice the change or recognize the detriment in providing good info in the report, clearly did not use the previous physician look-up to its advantage.  How in the world not having the entire name populate or as you type in the name, have the docs pop up is beyond me.&n ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Getting Medical Transcription Word Expanders
Nov 21, 2011

I am finally getting smart (after 26 years!!!) and looking into getting transcription expanders (but don't have much money) and have no idea what is best all the way around (user friendly, cost, easy to learn as you go, etc.).  Any ideas?  Thanks :) ...

Word Expanders, Pros And Cons
Feb 27, 2013

I am getting a new computer with Windows 7 and would like to know what word expander programs a person would find simple, minimal learning curve, pros and cons and what is out there. I have always used autocorrect, but feel with a MT expander would increase my production better.  Any advice, what to stay away from and what do you like about it or not? ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Word Expanders - Instant Text, Or ShorCut By Sylvan Is The Best?
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas on whether Instant Text, or ShorCut by Sylvan is the best? ...

Word 2003 And Latest Word
Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info.  ...

WORD 2003 Help Please
Nov 23, 2009

My Word has begun to take forever to open and also to save reports.  I am thinking perhaps the program has been corrputed and think perhaps I need to over-load the program again.  Will this delete my spell-check dictionary and autocorrect entries?  I have been trying to figure out how to back them up just in case, but have been unlucky in this regard.  The Microsoft site gives instructions to back up autocorrect, but the files in program files are not there as they state th ...

Need MS Word 2003
Dec 11, 2011

Hello, I have been fortunate enough to be offered a new MT position with an MTSO that needs me to have MS Word 2003 available.  I have the trials of Word 07 and Word 10 right now, but neither of these are compatible with this new MTSO's software.  It needs to be Word 2003.  I'm having a hard time finding Word 03 anywhere on the web.  But I am sure it is legitimately accessible somewhere, at least for a 30- or 60-day trial. Could anyone recommend a way I could acqu ...

Word 2003/Smartype
Jan 04, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a fix for Word 2003 to correct the compatibility issue with Smartype?  If I highlight a word and then type without deleting the text, Word will lock up.  Sometimes if I type over highlighted text without pressing delete,  I get three duplicate letters in a row, and then the cursor scrolls to the bottom of the screen and Word crashes.  It is a real pain to have to hit delete all the time, and if anyone knows of a way to fix this, I'd appr ...

Problems With Word 2003
Jan 27, 2010

(I'm ready to throw both computers out the door.) Anyone ever have any trouble with Word not responding? I tried to caplitalize the word INC. and when I put the period at the end of Inc., it stops responding, I have to end the program and get back in. Sometimes it saves the document, sometimes it doesn't. I also wanted to make a change in a short in AutoCorrect and noted that some of the replacement words have an '*' after them. If I click on any of those words, Word will n ...

MT Using Word 2007 Or 2003
Apr 02, 2010

Are most MT employers using Using Word 2007 or Word 2003? Word 2010 is out in June. Would the MT industry upgrade quickly to Word 2010 or does it usually take a few years? ...

MS Word 2003 Weirdness
Oct 28, 2010

I am breaking in a new keyboard and evidently hit a key or combination of keys, and now whatever I type is in red and underlined. Can't change it by clicking on Undo in the Edit screen.  When I hit backspace, it put in a red line clear across the screen to the right margin with a circle that said Deleted and a paragraph sign.  I've seen it before on something I got back from QA once, but I've never used it nor do I know how to activate it.  How do I get back to just ...

Anyone Know Where I Can Download MS Word 2003. I Don't Need
May 03, 2011

Help me if you can!  Thanks in advance. ...

Word 2003 AutoText Help Please
Feb 01, 2012

The screentip that comes up when typing the first letters of an AutoText entry has stopped working - and since there is no screentip, the option to insert an AutoText entry into the document by hitting "Enter" is not available either.   I can go into AutoText and "Insert" it that way, and hitting F3 inserts the entry into the document from the screen, and all my entries are in there - it is just screentip and Enter that "broke."   This happened from one document to the next.  I ...

AutoText MS Word 2003
Jun 06, 2012

I hope someone can help me.  I use Word 2003 and have most of my shortcuts in Autotext.  All of a sudden, my autotext stopped working.  I can't seem to access any of my shortcuts.  Any input would really be appreciated.   Thanks !!    ...