A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

so what is the process if you get a critical err - worried

Posted: Jun 24, 2011

GD SOB!

Have been passing all the audits with flying colors (99% or better), even the audit earlier this week.  but then I got an email today of a report with critical errors.  Real bad doctor who mumbles and changes his mind in midsentence but doesn't say 'scratch that' or 'correction' or anything like that.  sheesh. 

so do they automatically put you on disciplinary action or cut your pay for one bad report?  or do i hope that on my next audit, if they include that one, that they are all 100%?  anyone know the process?

thank you.

Everybody is different - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had a couple in the past and just responded to the email to my QA person with "Oops, guess I made an error. Will try to be more careful." and that was that. To me, we are all human and make mistakes, it happens. I guess it depends on different things.

Similar Messages:

Got A Critical Error For "omitting Dictation Of A Critical Nature."
Jan 04, 2010

The dictator said "... will get cardiac enzymes and will get a carotid Doppler in the morning...", or something similar, I have deleted the report.  I left out the second will.  This is not a verbatim account.  Critical error for omitted dictation pertains to lab results, normal values, etc.  I didn't think the word will meets that criteria.  I also had Tylenol No. 3 changed to Tylenol #3.  The drug lists still show it as No. 3.  ...

Critical Backlog
Jan 29, 2010

Isn't it "strange" how it goes from NJA to "critical backlog" in nothing flat?  SA5 here... Must be the weekend.  Here's a laugh for you though:  ASR report (of course)  - social history:   "he lives with his wife who is alive"...   Good thing huh!  LOL! ...

Critical Feedback
Mar 31, 2010

I have very rarely ever gotten critical feedback and today I have gotten like 7-8 reports returned to me.   I find it so hard to believe that I am all of a sudden I am getting all this critical feedback.  :( ...

CRITICAL ERRORS
Jun 15, 2010

Has anyone at the Q been getting hit by "critical errors" on crazy stuff that has never been an issue BEFORE?   All of the sudden, after no feedback for about a month, no audits, nada, zilch, I got my audit and was given critical feedback for not capitilizing a department! (recovery room, radiology suite, cardiac cath lab...)  AND, in a verbatim report, with a client profile that says specifically, DO NOT ADD A HEADING IF ONE IS NOT DICTATED, for NOT adding a heading!  This makes me nuts ...

So, I Get A Critical Error...
Apr 19, 2014

I'm supposed to provide feedback. Okay, fine, here it is: It was a typo. I sure learned a lot from your snarky auto message. Why do you have to keep making people feel bad for making a freaking typing error? Whoever is running the show at Nuance really needs to seek help. All you (they) can do is cut our wages and find fault with our work? It must be stupendously reassuring to be you and be so perfect. ...

Critical Error.
May 07, 2015

Just had my first critical error ever! I'm so upset. BP number. I know I lose major points but am I in any sort of trouble, reprimand or anything like that? I know this job isn't the greatest but I so need it! Very worried. ...

New Audit Process
Jul 16, 2010

Just wondering if anybody had been audited by the new audit process yet?  My CCM says they are being done by an auditing team now and have since May.  Could you still tell you were being audited by looking in feedback and were the reports current or old?  Thanks. ...

S/l Incident Process
Sep 19, 2010

Similar dissection was then carried out on the right side with more prominent bulkydisease limiting the nasal airway on this side. Maxillary sinus ostium was not seen andthe _____ process was incised and taken down.    s/l uncident or incident  or 'ends of ' process ...

Antoinette Process(s/l)
Oct 12, 2012

The Antoinette process(s/l) was then freed from the portal vein/SMV, and adjacent SMA.   During a whipple procedure and enterotomy  ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Testing Process Is
Jun 19, 2013

for LDMTS and if there is a testing process?  I have a very hard time testing and not even sure if my 64-bit Vista and IN-USB-2 foot pedal will work with Editscript/eScription. ...

Hiring Process
Jun 17, 2014

Hello, Can anyone who works for MModal tell me what the hiring process is like? I applied and was invited to test. I completed the test last week. How long can I expect to wait for my results? I think I did well. Please, no rude comments. Thanks. ...

Hiring Process For TTS Sm
Aug 26, 2014

So, how long from hired to fully working does it take?  I'm going on 2 weeks now, but with the thread that was posted below, I'm wondering if I made the right decision.  Any info appreciated. ...

Critical Work Load
Jan 28, 2010

We have been getting notes saying we have "critical backlog", when we usually get NJA.  I'm wondering if we can start sending notes saying "critical pay check deficiency" when we get NJA.  Since we are kept informed, maybe we should keep them informed also. ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

URGENT CRITICAL BACKLOG!!!
Sep 26, 2010

So I check MQ Central as usual before starting my shift this morning.  Found 4 messages stating critical backlog with weekend incentive.  I sign on.  No jobs.  I'm tier 3.  Never saw NO JOBS first thing on my regular Sunday shifts.  WHAT THE ____?  I read on to get a slap on the wrist from my RTL.  Why didn't I send a report to QA that had multiple blanks.  I tried to be objective, but it was for the usual reasons I send multiple-blank repor ...

Critical Backlog In North??? What's Up?
Oct 26, 2010

Don't know what's going on, but I have had an abundance of my primary yesterday and today.  Usually only very few reports and then being jumped around to different accounts during the day, with frequent periods of NJA.  Now all the sudden we get an E-mail because we have a "critical backlog."  Is India on strike or something?  Actually, my account supposedly has a clause in that says they will not allow work to go to India.  I don't get it.  I'm ...

Critical Error On Job Feedback
Nov 13, 2013

I received a notice of critical error that was in red and would not allow me to read the other feedback reports where I left blanks.  Since we have been warned so much about critical errors and how much weight they have, I was afraid to open this report.  The critical error was :  Alert an oriented (but what I should have typed was "alert and oriented."  I forgot the "d" on "and." I can think of so many other things that would have been a crtical error, like leaving out a di ...

Critical Error...my Backside!
Mar 18, 2014

So...I was just dinged for a critical error.  Supposedly, I typed an incorrect medication.  I specifically remembered this dictation and remembered the medication I typed, which was NOT the medication marked in the critical error.  SO - I went into my statistics for the day, pulled up the detail for that particular job and there it was....the CORRECT medication.  Somehow, the correct medication was taken out and the incorrect one was put back in.     You better be ...

Just Made A Critical Error
Mar 31, 2014

Made A Critical Error On My First Job Of The Day
Aug 13, 2014

to mail some overdue bills and pulled out in front of a cop on the way home. I'm almost afraid to breathe the rest of the day. Is this supposed to be Friday, the 13th? ...

Critical Error Question
Dec 10, 2014

Pardon my ignorance, but if you get a critical error on a QC review (meaning NOT a post-audit), that does not count against you? ...

Critical Backlog Alert!!
Mar 11, 2015

of Danger, Will Robinson!! Danger!!   ...

Transoslutions - How Is The Testiing Process?
Aug 25, 2010

nm ...

S/l Onsenant Process, Has Something To Do With Sinuses?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

S/l Morfan Amulitis Process
Feb 10, 2012

This is a pulmonary file.  The doc is talking about a CT scan.  He says, "Recurrent pneumonia.  Reviewing the CT scans, this is very suggestive of _____s/l morfan anulitis process" _____ than an infective pneumonia. ...

Very Long Hiring Process.
Apr 03, 2012

I was just hired by Nuance and have received hiring paper work.  Looks like I will not even start working until maybe end of April.  It seems that everything here takes forever.  But at least we have a job here, for whatever it is worth.  So what if you are really depending on this income to pay your bills?  Then what???  I guess these big companies are not too worried about that huh??? ...

Anyone Gone Throught This Mentoring Process Yet?
Apr 24, 2012

How exactly does it work.  Do we log into our reg accounts and they log in to so they can watch us work and tell us easier ways to do our job or how exactly do they do it?  ...

About MIST Testing Process.
Sep 18, 2012

Just an FYI.  I applied for a QA Editor position, which pays a paltry 2 cpl. I figured it would be a little extra money in pocket. Got a call from a gal who wanted me to test. Ok, I said. We scheduled it and another gal sent me an email with instructions to call in and enter a code along with instructions to read. I read the instructions, called the number, entered the code.  Got the gal on the line and she walked me through downloading the files, which any boob could do. So, I figured ...

Can They Make The OOW Process Anymore
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

Does The Testing Process Just Irritate Anyone Besides Me?
Apr 18, 2013

I have gotten to where if I apply for a job and it refers me right over to the testing process, I don't even take the test, I just back out of the application and don't bother.  I know I lose jobs, due to this, but that process is too irritating to me.  If I apply for a job and I receive a reply stating that they are interested in me and would like for me to test, THEN I don't mind testing.  I just cannot see randomly taking a test, typing 7 or 8 reports these days ...