A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Critical error question - MEMT

Posted: Dec 10, 2014

Pardon my ignorance, but if you get a critical error on a QC review (meaning NOT a post-audit), that does not count against you?

Not as far as QA score for the week goes, no. QC - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
review does not affect the pay rate.

Those reviews are supposed to just be for - educational purposes.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If you aren't a new hire in training, no. nm - not saying

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not saying...whatever - AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have any question about what you "think" you hear, leave a blank. Trust me...I'd rather fill in blanks than give a critical error, but I have to listen to it myself. S/L does not help at all.

Similar Messages:

Got A Critical Error For "omitting Dictation Of A Critical Nature."
Jan 04, 2010

The dictator said "... will get cardiac enzymes and will get a carotid Doppler in the morning...", or something similar, I have deleted the report.  I left out the second will.  This is not a verbatim account.  Critical error for omitted dictation pertains to lab results, normal values, etc.  I didn't think the word will meets that criteria.  I also had Tylenol No. 3 changed to Tylenol #3.  The drug lists still show it as No. 3.  ...

So, I Get A Critical Error...
Apr 19, 2014

I'm supposed to provide feedback. Okay, fine, here it is: It was a typo. I sure learned a lot from your snarky auto message. Why do you have to keep making people feel bad for making a freaking typing error? Whoever is running the show at Nuance really needs to seek help. All you (they) can do is cut our wages and find fault with our work? It must be stupendously reassuring to be you and be so perfect. ...

Critical Error.
May 07, 2015

Just had my first critical error ever! I'm so upset. BP number. I know I lose major points but am I in any sort of trouble, reprimand or anything like that? I know this job isn't the greatest but I so need it! Very worried. ...

Critical Error On Job Feedback
Nov 13, 2013

I received a notice of critical error that was in red and would not allow me to read the other feedback reports where I left blanks.  Since we have been warned so much about critical errors and how much weight they have, I was afraid to open this report.  The critical error was :  Alert an oriented (but what I should have typed was "alert and oriented."  I forgot the "d" on "and." I can think of so many other things that would have been a crtical error, like leaving out a di ...

Critical Error...my Backside!
Mar 18, 2014

So...I was just dinged for a critical error.  Supposedly, I typed an incorrect medication.  I specifically remembered this dictation and remembered the medication I typed, which was NOT the medication marked in the critical error.  SO - I went into my statistics for the day, pulled up the detail for that particular job and there it was....the CORRECT medication.  Somehow, the correct medication was taken out and the incorrect one was put back in.     You better be ...

Just Made A Critical Error
Mar 31, 2014

Made A Critical Error On My First Job Of The Day
Aug 13, 2014

to mail some overdue bills and pulled out in front of a cop on the way home. I'm almost afraid to breathe the rest of the day. Is this supposed to be Friday, the 13th? ...

What Constitutes A Critical Error In Your Book?
Dec 04, 2009

Besides medication errors, can you give me some examples of what other errors could affect patient care? ...

Living In Fear Of Critical Error.
Jan 24, 2010

I've got this terror of critical errors.  I shudder every time I check my feedback, if I've left a marker (sometimes I've noticed they'll check the entire report, not just the marker.  Guess it depends on the MME).  What happens if you get a critical error?  Are you back on QA for awhile?  Do you get nasty e-mails?  Do you get canned?  40 lashes? ...

How Is Accidentally Omitting The DOS In The ADT A Critical Error?
May 14, 2012

x ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

So I Finally Got The Dreaded CRITICAL LAB VALUE ERROR
Mar 04, 2015

So 3 points off...short report....and, course failed, 88%......I'm doomed for the next 2 weeks.  Probably now way to get up over 99% at this point.   Anyway, so I went back to check on it (I usually don't bother), I was going to try to relisten (still can't for whatever reason)...but what I DID see was that the report was sent to the client with the apparently incorrect value of 0.5 still on the report.   So they find the error but don't correct it?   ...

I Am TICKED OFF Beyond Belief. I Just Got A Critical Error
Mar 11, 2015

for something that I specifically remember changing to the correct lab value. ...

Audits - How Can You Get A "critical" Error And Still Get 99.3% On An Audit, Thereby
Sep 11, 2011

barely scraping by and passing according to MQ?  I just received an audit that had a score of 99.3%.   I'm told I passed the audit but got a critical error (left out a word) so she will need to do another audit next week.  Fine. But how can I get a critical error (in their eyes anyway) and still "pass" the audit?  More importantly, does anyone know if my pay is going to be docked because of this critical error, or do you just have to get 99% period.   TIA ...

Fiesa "critical Error" Emails
Dec 21, 2012

I noticed I had some "critical error" emails, but when I go into fiesa, they are not showing.  Why wouldn't they be?  I don't know why they make this process so confusing, or maybe its just me.  ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Critical Backlog
Jan 29, 2010

Isn't it "strange" how it goes from NJA to "critical backlog" in nothing flat?  SA5 here... Must be the weekend.  Here's a laugh for you though:  ASR report (of course)  - social history:   "he lives with his wife who is alive"...   Good thing huh!  LOL! ...

Critical Feedback
Mar 31, 2010

I have very rarely ever gotten critical feedback and today I have gotten like 7-8 reports returned to me.   I find it so hard to believe that I am all of a sudden I am getting all this critical feedback.  :( ...

CRITICAL ERRORS
Jun 15, 2010

Has anyone at the Q been getting hit by "critical errors" on crazy stuff that has never been an issue BEFORE?   All of the sudden, after no feedback for about a month, no audits, nada, zilch, I got my audit and was given critical feedback for not capitilizing a department! (recovery room, radiology suite, cardiac cath lab...)  AND, in a verbatim report, with a client profile that says specifically, DO NOT ADD A HEADING IF ONE IS NOT DICTATED, for NOT adding a heading!  This makes me nuts ...

So What Is The Process If You Get A Critical Err
Jun 24, 2011

GD SOB! Have been passing all the audits with flying colors (99% or better), even the audit earlier this week.  but then I got an email today of a report with critical errors.  Real bad doctor who mumbles and changes his mind in midsentence but doesn't say 'scratch that' or 'correction' or anything like that.  sheesh.  so do they automatically put you on disciplinary action or cut your pay for one bad report?  or do i hope that on my next ...

Critical Work Load
Jan 28, 2010

We have been getting notes saying we have "critical backlog", when we usually get NJA.  I'm wondering if we can start sending notes saying "critical pay check deficiency" when we get NJA.  Since we are kept informed, maybe we should keep them informed also. ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

URGENT CRITICAL BACKLOG!!!
Sep 26, 2010

So I check MQ Central as usual before starting my shift this morning.  Found 4 messages stating critical backlog with weekend incentive.  I sign on.  No jobs.  I'm tier 3.  Never saw NO JOBS first thing on my regular Sunday shifts.  WHAT THE ____?  I read on to get a slap on the wrist from my RTL.  Why didn't I send a report to QA that had multiple blanks.  I tried to be objective, but it was for the usual reasons I send multiple-blank repor ...

Critical Backlog In North??? What's Up?
Oct 26, 2010

Don't know what's going on, but I have had an abundance of my primary yesterday and today.  Usually only very few reports and then being jumped around to different accounts during the day, with frequent periods of NJA.  Now all the sudden we get an E-mail because we have a "critical backlog."  Is India on strike or something?  Actually, my account supposedly has a clause in that says they will not allow work to go to India.  I don't get it.  I'm ...

Critical Backlog Alert!!
Mar 11, 2015

of Danger, Will Robinson!! Danger!!   ...

Critical Care MT Getting Clinic Notes?
Sep 06, 2011

Are there any other Tier III critical care MT/editors getting only clinic notes? ...

Again, Critical Backlog Alert From Last Night
May 13, 2015

Very strange not to have at least one a.m. backlog report. Something going on. I don't care. I hope I get fired. I don't care if the whole company closes and re-opens in India. Just tired of being taken advantage of. ...

I Feel Just Horrible, Got 2 Critical Errors In The SAME Report....sm
Aug 11, 2013

I got a rather lengthy dictation by the most horrifying ESL physician who happened to be dictating next to the emergency room radio for traumas or something similar (bad dictator + lots of radio noise + already noisy emergency room).  I was so flustered and frustrated by the time I finally managed to finish editing it that I could've cried.  I spent an enormous amount of time in the report, and yet I was still not careful enough not to make 2 very stupid mistakes.  Yes, they ...

Critical Backlog Alert...quit The Monthly Audits Or
May 30, 2015

and I might consider caring. As the poster below indicated, cut my pay by 3 cpl and I'm outta here.  ...

"critical" Distal Right Coronary Artery Stenosis
Aug 31, 2010

I am wondering if the word "critical" is correct in this phrase? Thanks,   Abby :) ...