A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

not management - old timer

Posted: Mar 08, 2010

I am not management!  You just don't get it.  I hate to say it, but many of you are too miserable here to see the good... for whatever reasons.

I am an MT.  I'm tempted to put my real name and MQ e-mail, but what for.  I've said what I did because I am doing okay, because I have been through frightening changes before with MQ and it has always worked out.  It seems foolish to tell you my real name though, as you mostly are a bunch of whining losers here, who are more content with bitching than dealing with the situation.  Believe what you want.  If you are hell-bent on hating your job and locking yourself into what sound like paranoid delusions, so be it.  You really should quit and do something else, as I can't see a positive outcome for you.

Also, although I am indeed a mere MT, it doesn't really matter who I am, as I have spoken the truth and given good advice.  Take it or leave it.  But some of you ought to visit a shrink, frankly to talk about why you hate your jobs so much.

I have to remind myself that this site is for the disgruntled who are not doing well already.  I've spent enough time here, though -- during my production time (I really am just trying to help my colleagues.)  I'm losing money by trying to help you, so good luck, everyone.  I've done my part to help and encourage -- and management is not in the habit of encouraging.  

Life is tough and then you die.  Or...  maybe it is up to us to make the best of things.  I just can't continue to visit this site, though, as the negative energy and misinformation is just so destructive and such a negative influence.  I am at the point where I can't stand any more whining.

Many unemployed people would love your job right now, if only they were qualified for it.  Add that thought to your recipe for self-pity and failure.

But good luck.  I wish all MQ MTs the very best; unfortunately, that means some of you need to leave.

Oh, you do not even know any of us or our situation. - So you think you can assume.

[ In Reply To ..]
Real nice. I have been with MQ for over 20 years. I used to LOVE my job -- Until the recent changes. I lost over 20,000 dollars since last year in my salary. I don't think that is an illusion or a delusion and I am doing the same work, if not more.

You are obviously having a better time of it at MQ. Good for you. But just because others on here are having a more difficult time than you, does not mean that they are having a difficult time because they are lazy or just angry. We all are having a different experience with MQ right now. I am on my way out. I have had enough. I have had enough of them changing my shift around to suit the work load. I have had enough pay cuts. I have had enough of sending emails and making phone calls just to sit and wait for over a week to have them answered. I have had enough of unqualified QCs making changes, corrections in the report that are nonsensical to say the least.

I WAS DOING WELL ENOUGH IN THE PAST THANK YOU until the closing of my department, the demotion and the cut in pay. But you KNOW EVERYTHING, so you already knew that, right? But I should still find SOMETHING to be happy about at MQ?

Oh please, don't tell me just be happy to have a job. That is what is wrong with our country right now. We have been programmed to just settle for the scraps. Excuse me Stepford wife, but I prefer to not just settle and accept what I am told to accept.

I don't know of one person who could just come off the street and sit down and do our jobs. Maybe you think our jobs are that useless and easy. I don't. So, not too many people would be happy to have this job as they couldn't just sit down and do it anyway.

You are being the miserable one here. You are not seeing that MANY of us are not in that land over the rainbow where you are, still getting plenty of work, no paycuts, no demotions. Well then just Enjoy.

It will all catch up to you, too.

Wish I could still be happy at MQ. I was until a few years ago.

So stay there in la la land. I am happy that someone is happy in MQ. I really am.

But is isn't me.

She cracks me up - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
She apparently cannot express herself without swearing, and has some kind of God complex. We don't follow her "good advice" Puh-leeze!

Good riddence to bad rubbish! We'll all miss your "wisdom." - Not!

not management - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are not management, then you should be. Talk about a lot of brainwashed mind speak! Sorry but you do sound very management to me. BTW, I never whine and I work very hard. You apparently have not been tried in this new economy.

old timer - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, Old Timer, but you still sound like management. I have never accused anyone of that before. You are very preachy and wordy. I have worked forever and apparently so have you. I respect that in you. I like being an MT, always have. Right now, not so much though. I haven't given up on it but it is not as much "fun" as it once was. I still care about my work and still strive to be the best I can be.

I am sorry if you have had a hard time with your health. You are not alone in that. Many, many of us have had very bad illnesses and prefer not to elaborate on them or bring them up at all, for that matter, when making a point. Again, sorry you have been ill and wish you well with that. I say again, you are not the only one, though, who has been ill. That is not a point here. Mistreatment by large companies is very much the point.

I am sorry you were ill too! You are a fighter! - People on this board also were sick

[ In Reply To ..]
But unfortunately MQ treated them bad and they ended up getting fired or loss their jobs with MQ, just for having cancer or getting sick. I glad you still have your job at MQ with benefits.

oh geez - polyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
You said: Many unemployed people would love your job right now, if only they were qualified for it...

Whatever! You don't even have to be qualified anymore... just send blanks through.

Come on! They hire Indians who don't even speak English!

The only good advice you gave is that you were being unproductive by typing on this chat board instead of working.

You know why we are all miserable...

I do not believe that a company has to mistreat all employees just to weed out the bad employees. At any previous job I had, the lazy people got fired. The ones who did not show up to work, got fired. The ones with poor quality got fired. The company did not make up rediculous rules as a means to see who gets it. DUH! They already know who gets it. This is only a way to LOWER OUR PAY.. which coincidentally makes a lot of people UNHAPPY WITH THEIR JOB.

It is really that simple.

kool-aid - salesman

[ In Reply To ..]
Gaslighting people is not polite.

gaslighter - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Hate to say this, but I still don't know what is meant by that, lol. Sorry if I am not polite when I gaslight but if I knew what it was, maybe I wouldn't do it anymore.

kool-aid - salesman

[ In Reply To ..]
Gaslighting is a form of intimidation or psychological abuse in which false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory and perception.The term derives from the 1938 stage play Gas Light (originally known as Angel Street in the United States), and the 1940 and 1944 film adaptions. The plot concerns a husband who attempts to drive his wife to insanity by manipulating small elements of their environment, and insisting that she is mistaken or misremembering when she points out these changes. The title stems from the husband's subtle dimming of the house's gas lights, which she accurately notices and which the husband insists she's imagining.

Similar Messages:

New Management
Sep 13, 2011

Decided to send this note to our new management after the e-mail we got today about Mission One, whatever the heck that is.  I know I'll never get a response, never do.  But sometimes you just have to vent!  Here it is:  Hello.  Everytime we get new management, I throw these questions out although they still have yet to be answered to any satisfaction.  I've been with this company since WAY back when it took over Digital Dictation back in the 90 ...

Message To TT Management
May 05, 2010

When I started working for TT 3 years ago it was a good company, now every time there is a good week they hire more MTs and my pay goes right back into the crapper.  When did you stop caring about your employees?  Just a thought........ ...

Is It Some New Management Technique Not To Say Thank You To
Sep 22, 2010

I'm a high producer and self starter. I don't need hand-holding.  But, geesh, it's just human nature to want to hear a sincere, individual compliment for a job well done sometimes, if for no other reason than it motivates me to do a better job and make the company more money.  At some point, it seems most management has started to treat the worker bees as enemies instead of part of the team.  It's short-sighted and lazy, and I know it has to be costin ...

Performance Management
Oct 12, 2010

I haven't been put on PM yet but fear I might.  Got an email that said I had a "low-scoring feedback report."  It was for using follow up instead of followup (I know better) and then omitting the word "the."  Now, I will own up to these mistakes, they WERE my mistakes, but by no means life-threatening in any case.  But apparently this caused my score to drop below 98%.  Now I'm terrified they are going drop my pay by 3 cents a line, and I am already in danger of not being able to ...

Management Upset
Mar 14, 2011

goodness gracious ...

Dear Management
Jun 09, 2011

Dear Management,  I have enjoyed working for you for the past several years ... best place I have worked in during my 20+ years as an MT.  HOWEVER, why do you find it ethical to find ways to sneak in the back door and take money out of my pocket, thinking I will not notice.   Yes, I understand, you need your own line counting system because the one I type in for the client gives me partial credit for headers and footers, and of course I shouldn't get credit for those after ...

Incompetent Management
Jul 05, 2011

After years of going through this, finally I have no other conclusion to draw but that it's pervasive.  I am talking about incompetent management. They talk about "the team" this, "the team" that.  But they have NO concept of what teamwork is, so that is just lip service. If I make a very simple request for something that will make the work flow more efficient and help everyone, I am either blown off completely or told "we will TRY to do that, but we're ...

Shakeup In Management At KNR.
Jan 10, 2012

After receiving letter from president of loss of work at our company, many are thinking of jumping from sinking ship.  I am wondering how many have really resigned or just waiting to see what happens.   ...

How Do You Get Management To Listen.
May 30, 2012

The MTs on my account have constantly complained about 1 doctor on VR who does not belong there!!  We are simply typing his reports for the lesser pay.  We have complained directly to our supervisor about it and nothing has been done because we do not send the reports to QA.  Certainly, you can understand what he is saying, that is not the problem.  The problem is he will not speak in complete sentences, and spells everything, so how can you send this to QA?  It signific ...

Pain Management Anyone?
Jul 30, 2012

Dictated:  Lumbar transforaminal epidural injection.  Use "Magnahist."  He says it clearly enough.  On search, I get a few sites for "MagneHis" but not enough information to confirm. Any help appreciated, thank you. ...

Nuance Management
Jul 17, 2012

After being with Nuance for over 1 year, I am disappointed that all I ever hear is bad news. I strive to make each document excellent, not just good, but no one cares about that, all they want is LPH which mysteriously went from 100 to 200 for the same pay. Kudos is needed for us peons who work so hard to keep quality standards high. How about a raise? ...

Management Positions
Nov 07, 2012

Is it possible to move up within the company with a degree and no management experience?  I see the management positions require management experience, but where does that leave the MTs that have worked for the company for years and are interested in moving up, as promised when they hired you. ...

Upper Management
Mar 28, 2013

Nuance has just had a MAJOR announcement!  They are making changes to upper management AGAIN.  It is no wonder we get paid crap.  Look at their structure and they have WAY too many people in this establishment and all making way more than we do and we are the ones that do the work.  Heck, they probably do not even know how to do transcription I bet.  Greed, greed, greed.  And I could care less about it.  Give me the pay I am worth.  They want better qualit ...

My Management Team Is Gone ... :(
Sep 18, 2013

The TSM and QC person I've worked with forEVVVVER in the west is gone, both of them being moved up into new positions, and dividing their accounts and the entire team of MTs/MMEs has been disassembled and moved to other areas.  I am *terribly* sad about this because they were both absolutely amazing to work for, but I'm glad that I'll be staying in the Western region. My question is about my new TSM here in the West.  Her initials are KP ... anyone working with her?&nbs ...

Let's Pretend That Management Comes Here
Nov 22, 2013

What suggestion would you like to make? Try to be more specific than "pay us more money."  Pretend you're on a task force and (this is really a stretch I know) that someone values your opinion.  What would you suggest? One of my top ones would be to fix the fuzzy physician search that has been disabled for almost a year.  Another would be to get India on the same system we use, with Job Search available.  It's obvious they don't have it because they leave so m ...

Performance Management?
Jan 20, 2014

Would like to hear about personal experiences with performance management......Anyone having a difficult time meeting expectations in production and/or quality?  ...

New Management Or MISmanagement?
Feb 19, 2014

Ever since getting a new COM, we've had no work. It started out slowly, but now it's every single day for several hours constantly in the morning and then intermittently throughout the day. All of our accounts are now overstaffed. I'm profiled for 5, which is VERY difficult! Are we supposed to sit here all day trying to work? How can this not be obvious to the COM's boss, whoever that may be? ...

To Nuance Management
Jun 12, 2014

Dear (and I use the term loosely) Nuance Management:  I know you monitor this board, so I hope you’ll see this and take it to heart, but I doubt you will.  You haven’t yet, so why should one more voice make any difference? There was a time when I cared.  There was a time when I took pride in my work.  There was a time when I really was glad I was an MLS, but no longer.  Nuance has beaten that out of me, through FIESA and their arbitrary QC/QA practices.  I can no longer say that I a ...

Pain Management Drug Help Please
Nov 02, 2009

Dictated .... "I am going to try her on s/l Ambeta, Anbeta, which is a slow release morphine at 30 mg." TIA ...

Just Curious, Does Webmedx Have New Management Or Something?
Dec 02, 2009

nm ...

Angel's Transcription Management
Jan 15, 2010

Any info on this company would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

To Focus And Transcend Management
Apr 15, 2010

I know management at all levels from both companies read this board.  I have been told so directly by management at both companies. In the interest of providing some constructive criticism, I wanted to give you some simple insight into what you could do to improve your retention rates: Both Focus and Transcend have excellent pay structure, platforms and clear policies. Your QA seems to be fairly solid in their skill sets. The problem lies within your management tactic and a few key perso ...

Pain Management Meds
Apr 20, 2010

We will order the s/l P5C_____ which contains lidocaine 10%, ketamine 2%, s/l bif-o-caine_____2%, amitriptyline 5%, gabapentin 4%, ...

Health Care Management Or IT?
Aug 17, 2010

I'm going back to school to get out of transcription. I currently do QA. I have a 2-year degree in health information technology and am trying to figure out whether to go get a Bachelor's in information technology and health informatics or go for a business degree with a healthcare management emphasis.  I know electronic records are taking over and health informatics is a growing field. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know with IT I'd need to keep up a bunch of certificat ...

FACT CHECKER = WMX MANAGEMENT
Sep 02, 2010

Too late.  Too bad you didn't treat people better when this happened.  It's too late now, your reputation is ruined.  Your company will soon be history.  Then come back and let us know how all that rah-rah cheerleading is workin' for ya! ...

The Amazing Management Minds ...sm
Mar 25, 2011

so, they disable cut/paste so we can't outside DQS on our computers, then enable it again until they figure out what to do -- all in the name of making this more HIPAA compliant/secure ---  but there's no concern with records going to foreign countries?  Genius ...

TRANSCEND MANAGEMENT MESSAGE
Mar 11, 2011

Odd message from Transcend management about all the weather issues today, including the ones around the world.  So, does that mean the offshore transcriptionists may have been affected by the earthquake and the tsunami?  Funny.  We're good enough for the overflow from offshore?  What kind of message is that? ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Netmed Rude Management
Dec 16, 2011

***** from Netmed was rude. Passed testing 100%, then told me no openings.  She seemed distracted and angry at me.. I was out the door before I got in.. ...

Oracle. And NO I'm NOT Management Or Even Close To It.
Jul 02, 2012

Why don't we ALL post some of this stuff on the Oracle chat board?!! Maybe you'd get some answers. Why??? Because you might be found out by management???  What a bunch of hypocrites!  ...