A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Get ready for lots more stress now at Synernet - MT

Posted: Mar 19, 2015

as they ramp up for summer. Having people off means we have to work harder and more OT because we've just been having such an easy time of it. Warnings and threatenings. All they know. Turn around times not being met? It's because we're so lazy. Hiring all the time? Still not enough staff; never enough staff. Cheery picking; never addressed. Rotten VR; never addressed. Never knowing what work, which doctors, or work types your're going to be doing anymore; never addressed. Constantly having to look up demographics for some doctors; never addressed. Their solution, however, is to go look at the video that one person who does 350 lines an hour made years ago and see what YOU are doing wrong. I'd like to know if that person is still there and which pool she's in. Then, I would like to be in that pool. Same old thing Synernet. Your problem with the work not getting done is because of all your lazy MTs. Time to crack the whip. Hello summer!! Same email every year.

If it is the same thing every year, why not just get - out?

[ In Reply To ..]
Clearly nothing is going to change.

You know, sometimes you just hope that a good place - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
will learn, listen, and change. And, yes, I'm leaving. Saw this coming over a year ago. Now that all the good people are gone, nothing to stay for. They wouldn't have left either if they thought it would change. I'm just amazed that they say the same things and do the same things over and over and expect a different result. Thanks for your encouragement.

I'll tell you exactly what is wrong with the place in a nutshell - MT50

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is why they cannot keep people:
They have their favorites. These are far and few between. Even sometimes the favorites fall from grace.
For those who are not liked, there is scrutiny. To be disliked it is simple...say anything out loud or out of turn even innocently (ask a question), then you are on radar and you can forget it.
The following will immediately happen:
1. Work pool changed to worse reports. 2. QA will have "random" audit of many, many reports which will perhaps put you below the percentage and you will be placed on probation, or you will just get audited and this may may you nervous because you have not gotten this many audits before.
3. Your time sheet will be scrutinized and micromanaged.
4. You will perhaps receive different e mails suggesting you suddenly have errors, or suddenly are not meeting "actively working in the system" requirement. Termination will be threatened.

Even if the above does not happen to extreme you can expect to get bad work, micromanaged on your time in and out, and random QA audits which are not so random.

Best advice if you want your job: Keep your mouth shut. Try to be a favorite. If you don't want to be a favorite definitely keep under the radar.

Right now my guess is so many people are on the radar all the above is happening for many people and they are just not putting up with it so they are leaving. Hello revolving door, good bye stability.

Just IMHO.

As much as I disliked Synernet, I wish I had stayed. sm - Regretful MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems every company has their version of awful. Their pay is way too low and the VR is awful, but they had excellent benefits and at least I had plenty of work. I left for greener pastures only to find out I'm just working for a different version of Mean Girls, more money but no benefits and now no work. Dumb move on my part, but live and learn.

No surprise - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I've found the same, when changing MT jobs. Just like you, I've found they all have their own version of awful, both in regards to the accounts and the games that they play, plus I've never worked at a company that had all 100% nice people. There is always one or two that are mean. So, i guess the best company is the one that pays on time, has the work, and had decent benefits. It would be great if Synernet were more flexible, and they certainly have room for improvement, but nothing is 100% perfect. If i didn't need the benefits and only was working for "extra" money for my family, I wouldn't be working for Synernet, though.

To go from one MT job to another MT job at another company is no longer my plan. I plan to change to an entire different industry..not even medicine. I think insurance companies are one major problem that affects many aspects of any medical job. So, coding is out, nursing is out. I'm just going into sales or something.. Then, I'll have difficult customers to deal with. My first course will be how to deal with angry people. Can't win.

Synernet-yet again - Tired of it all

[ In Reply To ..]
Synernet used to be a good company to work for. Now - it is the most mismanaged company I have ever seen. Everyone complained before when the prior manager did not answer emails. Then they put another one in here who is worse than the one before. She has no idea how to do a schedule - let alone run a company. This is not being said to be hateful, it is just the truth. She sends out emails every single week about holes in the schedule, only to have us volunteer and be told I am not needed. To top it off, I sit here for hours on Mondays with no work. If there are holes in the schedule - fix it.

I like it! - Em

[ In Reply To ..]
I work PT only, but I like it here. I have consistent work during my hours, and the staff have been more than helpful when I need them and I can always get someone on the phone on by IM.

The pay is comparable to other MT places, but I make pretty good supplemental pay; I have a FT job on the outside.

This industry has changed dramatically over the past decade, it will never be the golden egg it used to be. There are way too many little MT companies springing up around the world. I am just happy that I found a place where I can continue to transcribe (which I love), happily, with good folks who genuinely care about me. (my humble opinion)

I don't mean to negate the complaints/concerns you all have, just wanted to let it be known that I am happy with Synernet and hope you all find a place that makes you feel the same.

Similar Messages:

ESL And ?new Stress Type. S/l Notambaki Stress Test. Nm
Jul 14, 2014

x ...

Lots Of Questions Please TIA (sm)
Oct 09, 2010

OK - I'm a straight typing transcriptionist who wants to explore VR - seems most people hate it - I'd like to try it and see.  My company doesn't offer it. Are there any companies what have editing on Bayscribe currently? What is the best VR platform to work on and which is the worst?  (Don't know the difference in any of them) Have heard of Speechmagic for Bayscribe (but who has it?) eScription and Exeditor at Transtech (? where else) and how's that? and ...

Lots Of Questions
Jan 03, 2011

O.K. I have checked out the 3 schools that were recommended. Two of them require 45 wpm I am not that fast yet. How important is this? Approximately how much money can you earn in an 8 hr day doing office notes? When a company test you are they looking for a 45 wpm or better to hire you? Thank you grannieof1 ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Got Lots Of NJA This Week?
Jun 29, 2010

A job dribbles in here,  a couple hours later a job dribbles in there.  [Sigh!]   A person can only file their nails for just so long ------ !! ...

Accentus US Doing Lots Of Hiring?
Mar 06, 2012

I have noticed Accentus has been hiring pretty consistently, it seems, since maybe November.  Anyone know what's up?  MTs jumping ship or new accounts on the way?  Just wondering, since they were bought out a year or so ago.  I have been thinking of applying with them for a while but don't want to walk into the middle of a messy transition. Thanks in advance! ...

What Companies Have Lots Of Op Notes? Sm
Sep 08, 2012

Really enjoy transcribing Ops, but Ops have dribbled to few and far between and mostly brief reports on my accounts.  Whatever happened to all the detailed op notes I used to get.  Bored to tears with H&P, DS, and consults. TIA. ...

Wow, What Happened? Lots Of Work
Mar 17, 2013

All of sudden there's lots of work.  Seems to be no end to it.  It just keeps flowing and flowing.  I hope it stays this way.  I wonder what happened. ...

Lots Of Time Spent On ADT
Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to ...

H&P Neurology Report, Lots Of Help Needed
Aug 06, 2010

I have been on this report for 2 days now. I have managed to figure most of it out but I am really lost on one paragraph. After she dictates all the information under Physical Examination she goes into another paragraph describing more of the patient's symptoms. Is there supposed to be heading before that paragraph? Also, below is a few sentences from that paragraph that I just cant make out. Any help would be great. Thanks again. Tone is normal no clog whealing. Degenerative reflexes ar ...

Laminotomy Op Report - Lots Of Questions
Dec 13, 2010

1. Under procedure, doctor dictates BMP collagen was used.  It is ok to abbreviate BMP or does it need to be expanded? 2. She was transferred to the prone position ______ (s/l an aquired) frame? 3. We carefully exposed the subcutaneous tissue and we _______ (s/l sub crossed) the dissection off the level _______ (s/l synchreala) and the transfer processes of the L5, we exposed the spine. I know this is probably a mess. =(  I am new at transcribing and really new at Op reports.&n ...

Question For Transcenders: Lots Of Work?
Oct 22, 2011

I have an interview with Transcend on Monday and have read conflicting stories on this board about whether or not Transcend MTs run out of work.  Some you are saying you never run out; some say they hardly ever run out, and some say running out of work is a problem for them.  What's the story on this?  Also, how is the health insurance?  Thanks for any info you have!  ...

Lots Of Straight Typing This Week
May 03, 2012

very rare that I get 100 straight typing lines a day, let alone 400 anybody else? ...

She Uses Lots Of Tampons - Claudiolise Issue?
Sep 26, 2012

She uses lots of tampons and this is definitely a "claudiolise ssue"  ?? ...

Wow, Lots Of Work 2 Weeks In A Row, Betcha
May 15, 2014

Mmodal is sorry they got rid of all those dreadfully horrible, worthless, and incompetent MTs who could not score 99.6% on an audit.  The 20 or so who could are undoubtedly overwhelmed.  Serves them right! ...

$15.00 An Hour....lots Of People Picketing....
Apr 15, 2015

I am glad to see that some kind of movement is finally happing regarding a decent minimum wage. But something else I'd like to say is that I read somewhere (not here, but on the Huffington Post or somewhere) that Chelsea Clinton said she "does not care about money." Then the article went on to say that she and her husband Mark just bought an apartment in New York City around Gramercy Park for 10.5 MILLION DOLLARS. Nice to not have to be able to care about money. We'd just l ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Lots Of Doctors Slurping On Christmas Candy
Dec 18, 2013

Have you noticed more doctors are chewing and slurping while dictating lately?  It just dawned on me today, probably some non-MT employees are treating the doctors to Christmas candy at their dictation stations.   I used to see that a lot when I worked in hospitals.  Ugh! ...

Transcend U Of Tx Dallas, Tough Account? Lots Of Work?
Dec 08, 2009

Don't want to bite off more than I can chew ...

Stress Test Help Please
Mar 24, 2010

He dictates:  Nuclear stress test using s/l rag-oh-DYE-noh-scan .... He not so helpfully spells it  "rageodescan" which is not correct and does not help at all in a search. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks. ...

Stress Test Help
Sep 12, 2011

After a Bruce protocol stress test says "It was an appropriate ______ response."  Kind of sounds like allotropic which doesn’t make sense to me. THANKS!!    ...

FIESA = STRESS
Apr 10, 2013

I don't know how much longer I can take FIESA...I even hate that name. Nit picking on everything...does it ever get better? ...

No More Stress-woohoo
Jul 10, 2013

I quit my job due to health issues and my stress level has gone way down.  I worked for 8 years here and it was okay.  There were tough times, but it was mostly okay because my TSM/CCM left me alone but were accessible if needed.  They answered my emails and phone calls (even though there were about 5 or so different ones through the years).  It was just aggravating when good accounts would go to ASR.  But, I don't have to worry anymore.  Hope things get better ...

Stress Echo Protocol Help Please
Feb 11, 2010

Looking for a protocol for a stress echo that s/l MBA exilier?? Can't reference anything similar.  Thanks so much!! ...

Stress Test - METS
Mar 14, 2010

Would like anyone's opinion regarding how METS should be typed in reference to a stress test.  I have been typing it as METS for yrs and yrs, now on a newer account it was corrected to METs.  I've found it both ways when researching.  TIA for input.  ...

Cardiac Stress Test
May 04, 2010

I cannot understand what is being said at the end of this sentence as the doctor stumbles over the word and I don't have much experience when it come to stress test to be able to figure out which word this should be (under procedures).  "1. Cardiac stress test.  She had normal hemodynamic response to pharmocologic therapy. Clinically negative for ischemia, chest is negative for ischemia, (sensographically) negative for ischemia or infarct."  Also, should I make each ischemia ...

Cardiac - How To Type Nuc-med Stress?
Mar 31, 2011

Should it be nuc or nuke?  ...

ESL & Poor Dictator Stress
Feb 01, 2013

No more microscopic QA dissection for me. My new plan is to shoot the job full of blanks and send it in - far less stressful for sure. Each and every time I hear something that I am not 100% sure of - they get a blank. This is not now nor was it ever MY personal problem. Today I'm quite tired of being penalized for someone else's inability to dictate clear enough to perfectly discern what was said. No more cleaning up sentences either. QA: Verbatim you want? Verbatim you get. ...

Finally Got Out, Stress Level GONE
Sep 22, 2014

I finally got to the point I hated time for work.  I went through 2 buyouts and it just seemed to get worse.  I have watched QA people busted down due to not getting enough lines per hour, which is impossible when there's not enough work, and when most of the acute care work was 100% listens.  I got ONE raise in 7 years yet the duties kept piling on and found out some were making 4.00 an hour more than me in lower positions. On days off you were expected to join meetings no m ...

S/l Lexi Myoview Stress Test??
Dec 27, 2009

It s/l Lexi Myoview stress test.  What is the Lexi?? ...