A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

job for MT in Tennessee office?? - confused

Posted: Jun 09, 2012

I saw a post on here from a few days ago and just had to ask is this really for an inhouse job?  I thought they did away with inhouse jobs.  the post did say $15 an hour.  Maybe we can hope that will be our pay in the compensation package??  I know that is a far fetch but one can only hope that there is some relief coming.

I know... how can they pay someone hourly - to do MT in the office

[ In Reply To ..]
while the rest of us have to work on production. Class action suit anyone?

yes, plese - any reason to file suit

[ In Reply To ..]
Somehow we have to stop this.

In-house job - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It was probably for something other than transcriptionist, folks. Clerical, administrative, etc.

Maybe an MT job in Tennesee but - not at MModal?

[ In Reply To ..]

This is posted in MTJobs email - an MT job in MModal office

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't aware that they ever had MT jobs in the corporate office. $15.00/hour.
from the ad - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
job specifies working as tier 2 or 3 MT in corporate office in TN at $15 per hour, not receptionist, clerical, etc. I would like to know what's up with that.

Be a detective.....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
The ad doesn't say you will be working IN the Tennessee office, it says FROM that office. The email address given at the bottom of the post Has Right Thing Inc in it, which after some searching turns out to be a staffing/recruiting agency. So, this is obviously posted by a recruiter hired by MModal.

Why they are offering $15 an hour, however, is certainly a slap in the face to those of us who are making half of that! That's the part that angers me.

wouldn't be gone if - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's for MT through M*Modal and a new hire that is INDEED a slap in the face. Had they offered that to me I would have been able to STAY with them, and after 10-plus years as an MT I felt I was worth AT LEAST that. Maybe, just maybe they are getting a reality check? Doubt it will do much good, and knowing what I know now doubt I'd be able to trust them enough to return to work for them; however, it would help all who are still here. Me, I'd live in fear of getting another "pay adjustment/Reward" Email in a few weeks/months after being rehired even!

If you type for the VA Hospitals they pay a min hourly rate - However, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
whatever company you are working for will pay you whatever a line and require you do enough to make 15 an hour..Usually give you 6 mo to a yr to get up to speed..At least the company I worked for..Their system stunk and I left, too stressful

When I worked for in-house at the VA for - mbmt

[ In Reply To ..]
another company, we got paid by the line, not by the hour. It is according to the MTSO.

Just asked supervisor - What a crock

[ In Reply To ..]
Just sent an email to supervisor. Would be nice if this is the new base rate. Sorry, don't know what I was thinking.

curious... - CJMT

[ In Reply To ..]
to see what your supervisor will say about this :)

MModal in-house job posting - FedUpMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is the first part of the ad on MTJOBS

Title:

Transcriptionist

Experience Level:

1 year of experience.

Location of position:

Tennessee

At Home or Company:

At Company

Part-time or fulltime:

Full Time

Employee Type:

Employee

Type of Transcription:

Varied Types of Transcription

Specialty:

Any Specialty

Job Description:

M*Modal is currently seeking a medical transcriptionist to embark on a world class career path with a dynamic organization of healthcare professionals. In this position, you would be working from our corporate office at 9009 Carothers Parkway, Franklin, TN. This positions requires a Tier 2 or Tier 3 medical transcriptionist and the pay is $15.00/hour.

In house - nothappycamper

[ In Reply To ..]
Was told that it was in house, and that the rate was based on fact that MT had to show up in dress attire, work schedule and weekend, and would be working directly for facility (kind of like contract work). This is what I was told by supervisor. Don't we all have to work a schedule, and don's most of us work on the weekend? I don't get it. Asked that my concerns be forwarded to correct department, and waiting to hear back. Doesn't seem fair to me. Especially for just 1 year experience.

what is the purpose of this position in-house? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get it.

and where are y'all seeing this? - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not on the job listings at MModal Home and I didn't get an email.
MT Jobs email - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
MTJobs sends out an email on Friday (if you sign up for it). This lists MTSO's posting job opportunities.

In-house ad - nothappycamper

[ In Reply To ..]
Still have not heard anything back. Supervisor forwarded my concerns, but I guess the company doesn't give a hoot. What a slap in the face when a newbie makes twice that of someone with 10 years in. Am now hunting for new job. This company stinks.

Similar Messages:

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Any Tennessee MTs On Here
Apr 13, 2011

Looks like they got rid of the state boards?  Any Tennessee MTs on this forum? ...

Networking In Tennessee
Jan 25, 2011

I am enrolled in CareerStep and almost finished with the program. I am looking for other CS students or graduates living in Tennessee to network with ...

DTS Oklahoma (formerly Of Tennessee Perhaps)?
Nov 30, 2011

Does anyone currently work for or have in the past worked for DTSOK (Digital Transcription Systems of Oklahoma) who could shed some light on this company good or bad?  I see they are hiring for several acute care positions, but there is not very much information in the archives about them one way or the other, unlike some of the MTSOs.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

MTs In The State Of Tennessee
Sep 23, 2013

I was just laid off last Thursday.  For MTs that live in the State of Tennessee and have recently gotten laid off, how hard did you find it to filling out that log sheet to prove that you are looking for a job while drawing UE benefits.  I noted that one has to log in that log sheet  3  different companies that they are actually looking for work weekly.   There are only so many online MT jobs that one could contact.  I noted they mention job fairs, private employmen ...

Volunteer Transcription Out Of Tennessee?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone work for Volunteer Transcription out of Tennessee?  Is the workflow consistent?  ESLs?  QA issues?  Pay issues? Thanks for your input. ...

Jackson, Tennessee Hospital Let Their MTs Go, Too
May 29, 2010

West Tennessee Healthcare in Jackson, Tennessee let all of their MTs go too (end of last year).  They now outsource 100 percent of their dictation.  ...

Cbay/Spheris/MQ In Tennessee?
Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO By Erin Lawley Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise. CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Par ...

If You Work In Tennessee, No More Overtime!
May 12, 2013

Unbelievable. http://tndp.org/blog/2013/05/09/u-s-house-republican-majority-votes-to-axe-40-hour-work-week/ ...

Info Volunteer Transcription Out Of Tennessee
Aug 05, 2010

Can anyone who current works for or have worked for in the past give me any info on Volunteer Transcription out of Johnson City, Tennessee. Please feel free to E-mail me if you prefer. Any info would greatly be appreciated, in particular pay issues, work load, communication. They seem really nice, but I just got that "sinking feeling." TIA ...

S/L "Tennessee Slider Half Inches" OP Note
Jan 13, 2011

He is talking about a SLAP tear repair, but I'm never comfortable with typing OPs, and this isn't something that I've heard of before.  My Ortho book AND my surgical equipment book seem to have just walked off!  I'm in tears because I can't STAND this doc!  Help!!! ...

What Does Your Office Set Up Look Like?
Dec 17, 2009

I want to redo my office space. It's just a little corner in my bedroom because I live in a small townhouse where I rent but I need to freshen things up before I die of boredom.  So what kind of desk, chair, keyboard, headphones, monitor, artwork, etc. make your workspace comfy?  :) ...

The Inner Office, Ltd.
Jun 25, 2011

Any comments on this company?  Thanks. ...

Wish We Were All In The Office Again
Feb 04, 2014

confront some of these MMEs and their snarky notes.  I said SOME MMEs. Some are wonderful, like Christmas and a new puppy rolled into one.  ...

MQ Ohio Office
Dec 02, 2009

Does anyone work for the Findley, Ohio office and if so, your opinion please. ...

Office Design
Jun 27, 2010

I want to reorganize my home office. Where is a good place to look for U-shaped desks? I have 2 computrers with 3 CPUs, printer, fax and reference books, not to mention 3 foot pedals, a mini casette transcriber, office files, multiple 3-ring binders, etc. etc. It would be so nice if it was compact, not spread out over the whole room - everything nice and neat and within reach. Is ths possible? and where do I start? TIA. ...

A Bit Of Comedy For A Bad Day At The Office
Oct 08, 2010

I will be placing this on the comedy board also, but since we at the evil Q have had such a bad day, I thought I would post it here also.  Enjoy the laughs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkN1LcuMoJw ...

MD Office Manager
Nov 06, 2010

I applied to this company a week ago and they had called me back for a phone interview yesterday.  They told me in an email that my scores were great, etc.  After the phone interview (which I thought went well) the woman told me that I would be contacted later that same day.  Well, she contacted me back about an hour later and said I was not a good fit for the company.  Does not make sense to me whatsoever! I am glad I didn't get the job, I don't think I wanted to ...

MQ Burlington NJ Office
Mar 14, 2011

Does anyone know anything about this office and if it employs MTs onsite or at home.  I live down the street and just curious. ...

UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE
May 29, 2012

NO WORK CONTINUES.....Time for ALL of us who are being cheated out of a living to head for the unemployment office.  How many folks out there will say TODAY...no more?? ...

Advice How To Get Into An Office
Oct 23, 2012

Any advice on how one would go about getting into a doctor's office/clinic office.  The classifieds locally do not seem to post jobs for offices and the websites for the hospitals are for jobs within the hospital.  There must be a way I can use my transcription experience to get a desk job doing the phones and appointments and maybe a little transcription at a pediatric/orthopedic/whatever office.  I have been without a contract for 4 weeks and I have a few little pick up job ...

Frustrating Day At The UE Office
Jun 28, 2013

The TAA website as well as my state's UE website said I needed to visit my local UE office to find out if I was eligible for TAA benefits, so I went over there today. I was encouraged when on the sign in sheet it asked if I was affected by TAA, and I said I wanted to talk to someone about that. It went downhill from there. They really didn't know anything about it. The counselor put my social security number into his computer and then said I wasn't "coming up." Well why woul ...

Office Politics
Dec 14, 2013

Hi, Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the providers organized? I have one provider I transcribe for who never sends his work and then says he sent it when he didn't. I don't have any problems with the other seven providers, just one. When he does send the work, he always says "this is lost dictation" or "this was dictated and sent a second time". This has been going on for almost six years. I take pride in my work and really enjoy it until I get his work. I always say I can&# ...

I Wish We Worked In An Office Together
Aug 04, 2014

I would love to have a face-to-face chat with. :-D ...

HITECH - Home Office
Feb 11, 2010

I'm wondering where other people have their home offices/work computers?  My desk is currently in a corner of the living room but it's not in the main living area, so to speak. It's kind of off in this nook area off the living room. My monitors face outside and not into the living room.  I'm wondering if I'm going to have to figure out someplace else to put everything to be in compliance? I do have my computers password locked so no one else can ...

Is There Any Way I Can Install Office 2003 On
Mar 04, 2010

heard that Office 7 is difficult to work with.  I have to learn BeyondTx at the same time, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with all of this.  I have never used any office programs for work.  Thanks for any help.       ...

Working In A Doctor's Office 8-5
Jul 26, 2010

Have a potential job opportunity working in a medical office for one doctor and one PA, however, I need to provide them with what pay I am looking for. Really dislike when the pay question is turned around on me (sigh).  Anyhoo, job is a fulltime office job doing mostly transcription but there will be some other job office duties to help out in.  Sooo~ this is where you come in . . . what kind of pay are transcriptionist making in a medical office these days.  I have only don ...

EMR At The Doc Office Visit Today
Aug 09, 2010

Went in for annual OB/GYN today and saw the NextGen EMR monitors everywhere!  NP comes in the room and starts typing, althought it takes her forever to get through screens.  I asked about my records from my high-risk pregnancy 10 years ago.  She says they will be "somewhere in storage" but will never be assessible at any office visit from now on.  What???  I thought that was why EMR was going to be SO GREAT!  So we could access our medical records fro ...

How Can I Get MS Office 2003 CHEAP?
Dec 01, 2010

My new employer requires no higher than MS Office 2003, and I need to buy a computer - they all come with Office 7!  What do I do?? ...