A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cbay/Spheris/MQ in Tennessee? - mb

Posted: Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO

Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am

Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise.

CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Parkway office as its headquarters. Though CBaySystems never formally announced it was going to call Franklin its home after the Spheris deal closed in April, the 48,000-square-foot facility is now the “administrative headquarters for our United States operations” and the address of most of its executive officers and directors, including CEO Robert Aquilina.

Also deep inside the document are some details about Spheris’ finances: The company’s customer defections slowed early this year after topping $24 million in 2009 and integration cost savings are running at a $28 million annual pace.

CBaySystems Inc. owns about 82.5 percent of New Jersey-based medical transcription firm MedQuist and is already is listed in London, where it has a market cap of about $290 million

And we are STARVING!!! - BOO

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, Happy Halloween!!! November is coming, the month of Thankstaking with MQ.

Dear CBAY/MQ - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]

c/o Toni Maldanado: It would go a long way toward acknowledgement of a job well-done during downtimes and slowdowns with new software learning curves and additional VR keystrokes features in the MQ DQS program, for CBAY/MQ to compensate by some formula for the overall production loss for each MT/ME.

The remaining work force of MT/MEs is most probably the best and most loyal to MQ, and are the ones training ASR to put them out of work eventually. There is no "promise" of a goal worth working for with a return to our original pay rate or salary compensation. There is nothing for the workforce looking ahead, not even job retraining. Do you find that the corporate direction needs to be more inclusive in its success, or do you feel that the workforce is a necessary but soon-to-be-eliminated anachronism not worth fair compensation? MQ still has some influence in CBAY, and I think I speak for may of the workforce when I ask that it exhibit its original aggressiveness and speak up for its employees in the rapidly changing VR software evolution.

It has always seemed from the home offices of MT/MEs in the U.S. that MQ's intent is one of payback for the lawsuits of years past to its workforce. I am deeply disappointed in the procedures and actions of its executives during this very difficult time of financial loss and disappointment for MT/MEs.

Very well-said. nm - Wow. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

very well said, thank you, I believe you speak for many - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I wish the company officers would go on TV show Undercover Boss - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone watch that show? It would be so great to see some of MQ officers on there trying to do what we do day in and day out. On Google, put in: Reuters, stocks, officers, MEDQ. Scroll down and look on the right-hand side, there are some salaries listed. Of course, the newbie yuppies from Spheris aren't listed there yet, but you can google their names too. Interesting - we can see where the $$ is going.

Similar Messages:

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Spheris Sale To CBAY Hits A
Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal. http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650   ...

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA
May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)We report, you decide. - - - - - - - - - - A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Any Tennessee MTs On Here
Apr 13, 2011

Looks like they got rid of the state boards?  Any Tennessee MTs on this forum? ...

Networking In Tennessee
Jan 25, 2011

I am enrolled in CareerStep and almost finished with the program. I am looking for other CS students or graduates living in Tennessee to network with ...

DTS Oklahoma (formerly Of Tennessee Perhaps)?
Nov 30, 2011

Does anyone currently work for or have in the past worked for DTSOK (Digital Transcription Systems of Oklahoma) who could shed some light on this company good or bad?  I see they are hiring for several acute care positions, but there is not very much information in the archives about them one way or the other, unlike some of the MTSOs.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Job For MT In Tennessee Office??
Jun 09, 2012

I saw a post on here from a few days ago and just had to ask is this really for an inhouse job?  I thought they did away with inhouse jobs.  the post did say $15 an hour.  Maybe we can hope that will be our pay in the compensation package??  I know that is a far fetch but one can only hope that there is some relief coming. ...

MTs In The State Of Tennessee
Sep 23, 2013

I was just laid off last Thursday.  For MTs that live in the State of Tennessee and have recently gotten laid off, how hard did you find it to filling out that log sheet to prove that you are looking for a job while drawing UE benefits.  I noted that one has to log in that log sheet  3  different companies that they are actually looking for work weekly.   There are only so many online MT jobs that one could contact.  I noted they mention job fairs, private employmen ...

Volunteer Transcription Out Of Tennessee?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone work for Volunteer Transcription out of Tennessee?  Is the workflow consistent?  ESLs?  QA issues?  Pay issues? Thanks for your input. ...

Jackson, Tennessee Hospital Let Their MTs Go, Too
May 29, 2010

West Tennessee Healthcare in Jackson, Tennessee let all of their MTs go too (end of last year).  They now outsource 100 percent of their dictation.  ...

If You Work In Tennessee, No More Overtime!
May 12, 2013

Unbelievable. http://tndp.org/blog/2013/05/09/u-s-house-republican-majority-votes-to-axe-40-hour-work-week/ ...

Info Volunteer Transcription Out Of Tennessee
Aug 05, 2010

Can anyone who current works for or have worked for in the past give me any info on Volunteer Transcription out of Johnson City, Tennessee. Please feel free to E-mail me if you prefer. Any info would greatly be appreciated, in particular pay issues, work load, communication. They seem really nice, but I just got that "sinking feeling." TIA ...

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

CBay/Please Read
Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, som ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...

Number Of MQ Employees Dropped By ? Since Cbay
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an article that I think was posted here awhile ago about CBay's plans for cutting US MTs? It might have been an Indian article.  Somehow the numbers 10,000 then down to 3,000 seem familiar, but I'd appreciate a link if anyone knows where to find this info. Thanks. ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

MQ CBAY 80% Of Our Work To India --- Repost
Jan 12, 2011

http://forum.mtstars.com/182178.html http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/091210/MEDQUIST-INC_10-Q.A/w76567exv10w1.htm#ixzz0cEztUgGN  Section 2.2 Order Form. Within fifteen (15) days of the Effective Date of this Agreement, and not less than once per quarter thereafter, Company shall propose to Supplier the projected volume in hours of dictation per Business Day Equivalent by issuing an Order Form to Supplier in the form attached hereto as Exhibit 5. Such order will include the ...