A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there any way I can install Office 2003 on - windows 7? I have

Posted: Mar 04, 2010

heard that Office 7 is difficult to work with.  I have to learn BeyondTx at the same time, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with all of this.  I have never used any office programs for work. 

Thanks for any help.

Yes, just install it. Uninstall any later version of Office first. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
z

Well, when I tried, I got a message that - it would only support SM

[ In Reply To ..]
older versions of windows, up to XP. Should I just ignore that message and go for it?

Word 2003 - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
It should work. I have Word 2003 running on both XP and on Vista Premium and Vista Basic. Make sure all programs are closed before trying to install. Make sure no other copies of Word. You may have to install it as an administrator.
What does install as administrator mean? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Word 2003 - 15+ Exp
[ In Reply To ..]
Here goes. After you put the disk in and the install window pops up, click cancel. Double click on my computer, right click on the drive that has the cd for InstanText in it, and click on install as administrator.

Similar Messages:

How Can I Get MS Office 2003 CHEAP?
Dec 01, 2010

My new employer requires no higher than MS Office 2003, and I need to buy a computer - they all come with Office 7!  What do I do?? ...

What's The Best Place To Buy Microsoft Office 2003? Nm
May 29, 2010

nm ...

EditScript And Office 2003 Student
Jun 20, 2012

Does anyone know if Microsoft Office 2003 student/teacher and EditScript 10.2 work together? I thought I saw somewhere it was not supported. I also have Vista 64 bit. Thanks. ...

Changing From Office 2007 To 2003 And How To Save Autocorrect For That.
Jun 12, 2011

I am currently running microsoft professional 2007 and will be changing to MS professional 2003 due to a job change.  I did some searches on how to copy my current auto-text (but sounds too confusing to me) and transfer to MS professional 2003.  Is there a way to do this that is not too complicated to explain?  Also, I do not have a flash drive, so can I copy this on a CD and then transfer to 2003.  Thanks for any help. ...

Question About Purchasing Microsoft Office 2003 Off Ebay.
Apr 22, 2012

I recently bought a laptop and need to at least install Word on it so I can use it for work, but I don't want to pay a fortune and would really prefer to install an older version of Word, i.e. 2003.  I looked on ebay and I see lots of Microsoft Office 2003 software for sell, but also see some confusing things like OEM versions being sold with a piece of hardware as per ebay and microsoft rules.  So I guess my question is if I buy OEM software with the corresponding hardware, can I ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...

6.1 Install
Sep 07, 2010

I can't even get 6.1 installed correctly.  I attempted to download, got an error message to call support which I did.  Support called me back rather promptly.  The tech worked on my machine for 30 minutes cause he couldn't get it to download either.  He then pronounced it ready to go.  However, when I attempted to login I received another error message that said the program had to close and I can't login and have been waiting for support to call since 9:15 ...

Do I Have To Install Benchmark On My Computer?
Mar 28, 2010

I know we have to install and whatever, and there are all of these steps, and I really do not want anything else on this old MQ computer to slow it down more.  I am pretty content with the sites I go to and really don't want to learn another program.  Besides, I do think that they will start charging us after January and I certainly am not paying for something when I can get answers free.  This is just one more thing to do and we probably won't even make it through the y ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Question Regarding Install DocQScribe
Jan 16, 2012

Since starting work for Medquist last year, I've used the company computer which had DocQScribe already installed, but now I want to work from my own computer and send their equipment back.  Can anyone tell me how to install DocQScribe onto my computer?  Being from the old green file cabinet era, I'm not the most computer savvy.  ...

LANDESK Didn't Install It
Oct 08, 2014

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this whole issue came around about a year ago, telling us we must install it, and upon looking into it, it was my impression that it would allow MM to track everywhere we go on our computers, so I didn't install it.  I asked for a company computer, and the matter was eventually dropped until now.  I don't know what to do.  ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

To Those That Had Install On This Past Friday...
Nov 03, 2014

Has training gotten in touch with you yet?  Thanks! ...

How To Properly Install GearPlayer 4 On Vista?
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks ...

Install Foot Pedal For Ichart
Jun 02, 2011

Hi. I've just started working with ichart. I have a 9-pin foot pedal that works great with Express Scribe, but I just can't seem to connect it to TransNet. In the Options on Express Scribe, I enabled it easily, but TransNet doesn't seem to have any controller options on its menu. I've called Tech Support at the Nuance/TransNet/iChart company, and they do not know how to connect it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Nuance Takes "ownership" Of Computer After Software Install
Aug 23, 2014

How is this legal? They don't own the computer. they don't provide equipment. What right do they have to screw up the computer so you can't print or do stuff of your machine that you own? ...

WORD 2003 Help Please
Nov 23, 2009

My Word has begun to take forever to open and also to save reports.  I am thinking perhaps the program has been corrputed and think perhaps I need to over-load the program again.  Will this delete my spell-check dictionary and autocorrect entries?  I have been trying to figure out how to back them up just in case, but have been unlucky in this regard.  The Microsoft site gives instructions to back up autocorrect, but the files in program files are not there as they state th ...

Norton 2003
Dec 03, 2009

Does anyone know how to get into Norton trusted sites.  I am having a problem not getting into a site and it is blocking me and I need to make it a trusted site but I dont know where to find the fiiles in Norton. ...

Need MS Word 2003
Dec 11, 2011

Hello, I have been fortunate enough to be offered a new MT position with an MTSO that needs me to have MS Word 2003 available.  I have the trials of Word 07 and Word 10 right now, but neither of these are compatible with this new MTSO's software.  It needs to be Word 2003.  I'm having a hard time finding Word 03 anywhere on the web.  But I am sure it is legitimately accessible somewhere, at least for a 30- or 60-day trial. Could anyone recommend a way I could acqu ...

Word 2003/Smartype
Jan 04, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a fix for Word 2003 to correct the compatibility issue with Smartype?  If I highlight a word and then type without deleting the text, Word will lock up.  Sometimes if I type over highlighted text without pressing delete,  I get three duplicate letters in a row, and then the cursor scrolls to the bottom of the screen and Word crashes.  It is a real pain to have to hit delete all the time, and if anyone knows of a way to fix this, I'd appr ...

Problems With Word 2003
Jan 27, 2010

(I'm ready to throw both computers out the door.) Anyone ever have any trouble with Word not responding? I tried to caplitalize the word INC. and when I put the period at the end of Inc., it stops responding, I have to end the program and get back in. Sometimes it saves the document, sometimes it doesn't. I also wanted to make a change in a short in AutoCorrect and noted that some of the replacement words have an '*' after them. If I click on any of those words, Word will n ...

In 2003 I Went To Coding School, I Am Also An RN
Mar 02, 2010

I can't find a job.  Sometimes it is because I am too old. maybe my coding experience is too distant. Anyone know anyone who got a got thru the board.   Thanks Maria ...

MT Using Word 2007 Or 2003
Apr 02, 2010

Are most MT employers using Using Word 2007 or Word 2003? Word 2010 is out in June. Would the MT industry upgrade quickly to Word 2010 or does it usually take a few years? ...

MS Word 2003 Weirdness
Oct 28, 2010

I am breaking in a new keyboard and evidently hit a key or combination of keys, and now whatever I type is in red and underlined. Can't change it by clicking on Undo in the Edit screen.  When I hit backspace, it put in a red line clear across the screen to the right margin with a circle that said Deleted and a paragraph sign.  I've seen it before on something I got back from QA once, but I've never used it nor do I know how to activate it.  How do I get back to just ...

Anyone Know Where I Can Download MS Word 2003. I Don't Need
May 03, 2011

Help me if you can!  Thanks in advance. ...