A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how long in advance do we need to request pto for major holidays? - cmk

Posted: Mar 18, 2011

I can find a lot on PTO rules, etc., but not that.  thanks

I thought it was no earlier than 60 days, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So, if you wanted PTO for Christmas day, you could not turn in a request until 60 days before that. If you requested 62 days before Christmas day, it would be overlooked and if you did 30 days before, it would probably be denied due to others already being in.

Might have changed, but I thought that was the way.

I requested exactly 60 days ahead and was told - schedule was already closed.

[ In Reply To ..]
Needless to say, I was not happy. I think sometimes it depends on the CCM.

You apparently are not a pet then. - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
x
No that's for sure or I would have all those big, long - great cushy 20 minute
[ In Reply To ..]
reports with a big R (reserved) by them!!! Every once in a while I go to look at previous reports and I see that there are a lot of them for a particular doctor -- but I never, ever seem to get one.

Similar Messages:

WORKING MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Nov 07, 2014

Now that the holiday season is upon us many MLSs and MTs are required to work Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Day, I am wondering if coders are doing the same? Thinking of making a career change.  ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

How Much In Advance Do We Need To Put In For PTO?
Mar 04, 2012

x ...

Advance MT, New Jersey
Jan 24, 2011

Any recent info on this company would be appreciates, pros and cons, Thanks. ...

What In The World Is He Saying? Thanks In Advance!
May 12, 2011

This doctor is going way too fast. Even when we slow him down, he is going sooooo fast. Here is the sentence we have been stuck on! The patient ___ sedation to the right. The abdomen is prepped Beta and scrubbed Beta solution and draped in usual fashion. Same doctor, same dictation: The area was checked for hemostasis, closed with 3-0 Vicryl of the subcutaneous tissue and 4-0 Vicryl ___ skin and steri-strips. Please and thank you SO very much! ...

Is It Possible To Advance In This Company?
Feb 28, 2012

Any potential at all? Anyone know? I'm already an MME, wondering if there's another direction I can go. ...

Apologies To QA In Advance.
Oct 25, 2013

Lots of blanks today. Getting reports from an account I hate. Doctors aren't entering ADT information correctly. Doctors aren't caring a bit whether they are hard to understand or hear. Horrible ASR output. And 4 cents a line just isn't worth the extra effort, especially as my count is barely making minimum today because of the reasons above. My patience and tolerance is gone. I will be so glad when I am out of here! ...

Any Info On Advance Transcription?
Dec 28, 2009

nm ...

Apologies To QC People In Advance
Dec 11, 2014

I know you are just doing your job and that you too are being monitored and held to Nuisance's guidelines.  I know it is nothing personal, but you have to understand it is only human nature when we see a post audit ding and see your name and a string of hateful words and thoughts spill forth.  We are going to contest things like crazy and cuss like crazy.  Nuisance has it set up this way and they are basically pitting MLS against QC/QA.  Again, I know you are just doing ...

Any Opinions On SoftScript! Thanks In Advance For Any Info..nm
Oct 15, 2009

nm ...

Got Last Advance Mag Today. Another One Bites The Dust.
Apr 15, 2010

There is an article about the future of MT profession, which I didn't read yet.   I am almost afraid to.  ...

ADVANCE 2013 Salary Survey
Oct 17, 2013

The ADVANCE Salary Survey is available to participate in and includes asking salary information about medical transcriptionists. Link is below to participate.   ...

Anyone Heard Of Advance Technological Radiology?
Nov 08, 2013

Has anyone heard of Advance Technological Radiology? Rad approached me and the rad group is behind several hundred reports. Each time I am sent voice files to download for testing, it never works. Any other transcribers? Any office manager? Is company good? Bad? ...

Advance Magazine 2009 Salary Survey
Dec 17, 2009

It contains some very interesting information and is well worth the read. Just for instance, approximately 35% of MT respondents reported earning $35K or above. and 23.8% report $0 to 20K. Home workers across the board reportedly made slightly more than facility workers. Worth noting is wage levels for coders and cancer registrars since our field may well evolve to include both coding and data abstraction duties, as well as the issue of credentialing. (BTW, my company, ...

Possibly Moving To AZ. Any Advice For Work Out There? Thanks In Advance. Nm
Apr 21, 2010

xx ...

Advance Technological Radiology In Florida A Scam?
Oct 26, 2010

Anyone know if the new job posted for Advance Technological Radiology in Florida a scam?  I can't find any information on search for them!  Thanks. ...

Relation Between Offer For Tier III's To Advance To MME - Avoid Being Laid Off???
Apr 06, 2013

Remember the email we got from Corporate waiving the 90-day wait period to apply for advancement of Tier III's to MME and allowing til April 30 to do it?  With all the lay offs going on, anyone think a bigger axe will fall once May 1 rolls around and the Tier III's that did not do this will be let go?  From the way things look with all the lay offs, maybe this is one way to hang onto our jobs.  Thoughts anyone? ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

NJA? Request To Help In The South
Dec 14, 2012

Ask your CCM tonight to temporarily help out in the South if you are NJA.  I hate to draw people to my accounts and risk running out of work, but considering these accounts are going to go late in a couple of hours and they have already threatened to leave if TATs aren't met, it's worth the risk.  I just wonder who the bonehead is who handles workflow.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the statistics and move some NJA people to fill in some gaps.&nb ...

How Do We Request Time Off Without Pay?
Oct 18, 2014

When I asked my supervisor, she sent an attachment on how do it, but I don't understand exactly.  It looks like I'm supposed to first go into Remedy (?) and request it, then go into Teamwork?  I just now tried to go into Remedy, and all I got was a blank page.  Everything is so complicated, and I'm so tired.   ...

Can We Request That An Audit Be Done...
Feb 10, 2015

So last week I was "off the grid" at 98 something percent.  Okay, so I'm getting 8 cents a line for that week.  So, for this week since Saturday (I work Sat-Tues) they have done NO audits at all.  What happens then if they don't?   I guess they still could, but why do I have a feeling they are NOT going to and then just let last week's audit roll over so I'm still getting 8 cents a line?  Granted, I could very well not be on the grid again BUT it' ...