A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"compliance reports" - 20-year MT

Posted: Mar 18, 2011

Has anyone else been told that they are on the "complaince report" for not clocking-in "on-time" and what does this mean?

It means you're in trouble for not clocking in on time. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

compliance - yup

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I did. I was all over the place on the time clock and several times just plain forgot to clock in and out, so at the end of the PP I had about 200+ hours! I got a call to "warn" me about not typing while on the clock, clocking in and out while on lunch and break, and was instructed on proper techniques for clocking in and out each work day and was told all about the hours to production ratio for calculating our lines crud.

Kind of funny to me, since I never got the whole clock in and out thing since we're not hourly (yeah, I get that we have to work the hours we said we would, but also believe all grown ups should simply comply). anywho, I appease the clock gods now and do their bidding. I feel like just another sheep in the herd now... ;)

Um - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Their not clock gods. How do you think they keep track of how many lines you type in an hour? FT with benefits, 150 lines an hour, ft without benefits 100 lines an hour, etc. That is the way they figure that out. It helps me to figure out my line counts. I add my lines per week and divide it by the hours, that tells me how many lines I typed an hour. Not sure why this bothers you. Yes, we are all grownups and we have to follow rules like grownups have to. You might want an IC type job where you can work at your own pace to meet your TAT.

This just bothers me. - Clock puncher

[ In Reply To ..]
This time clock thing just complicates everyone's lives. It takes so long to punch in and out and of course, we don't get any compensation for that time. Our CCMs also spend way too much time getting them all straight for us as well. We work at COMPUTERS, right? Why can't our handy-dandy computer just keep track of when we start our first job and end our last job?? They watch us like Big Brother in every other little-itty-bitty way. Sheesh.

It takes me less than 30 seconds - JMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
to clock in and out, geez. I like the time clock as it holds people to a schedule so they are not jumping on anytime they feel like it and taking my work away during my scheduled time. As I have no trouble adhering to a schedule, it is good to see the system being monitored. Flame away.

how does it keep people from jumping on whenever? - clockpuncher

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont think its that big of a deal either, but it certainly does not stop people from working whenever they feel like it. They still jump on after there schedule and work more, thereby taking work from your schedule.

I also think that they could monitor our times just by the DQS clock, as they do know just from that when we are working or not, so having Schedule Source is a tad redundant.
If you get a "compliance report" notice, - JMHO
[ In Reply To ..]
then I would think that is a warning they are watching and appropriate action will be taken, either by employee or employer. That would stop people from working whenever they feel like it one way or the other. If you cannot comply with adhering to a schedule, then you should be let go.

I understand it is different when you have NJA, but that is not what the OP was talking about.

Had to comment on this one - Agree with you JMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't help but laugh my head off at this thread. Seriously, it takes me 20-30 seconds to clock on too & proper clocking has a huge impact on benefit rate. Its called doing our job. I have only had one job in my life where I was on salary and didnt' have to clock in. Geez! What next, is it going to be unreasonable to expect us to actually type? lol. Just kidding, I know some are trying to find a release on this board, but come on...... complaining cause you have to use a time clock??!

not flaming - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't adhere to a schedule if there is no work on there in your scheduled hours. Our CCM tells us to adjust our hours to a time when there is work, such as night or weekend hours. That's what I do. Can't stick to a schedule if there is no work in there. The time clock doesn't hold you to a schedule, it just tells them how many hours a week you work. I have never been able to stick to my schedule or I would be on here talking about NJA all the time. I adjust to when there is work. Sorry if you don't like that I do that, but I need a paycheck and am going to work when work is there. A lot of people don't want to work nights or weekends, and I really don't either, but I need a paycheck and take it when I can get it.
But have you ever been put in compliance report - for not using the clock
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's be reasonable here. A CCM can't performance manage you or dun you for not clocking in if there is no work. I understand there are times when there is no work. The above poster stated that she had over 200 hours one week just from not clocking in and out. That is the issue, not NJA.
Gotcha - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I guess I misread that. No I haven't been put in a compliance report. I always punch in just like at any job. If I happen to forget, I write my CCM and have her put the time that I punched in or out. Yeah, don't understand not clocking in for 200 hours. Sometimes I think I punched in and actually didn't, so that's when I let my CCM know and she fixes it.

When (if) you worked outside the home, did you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not have a time clock or other such device to monitor your time??? This is a job, after all.

Why not use the "mouse report?" - If I am mousing, I am

[ In Reply To ..]
working. They know all our keystrokes and mouse clicks PER HOUR, yet don't know if we are working unless we clock in in Schedule Source? Really?

they're are not, but the question was regarding what a - compliance report is.

[ In Reply To ..]
This means to comply with clocking in when working and clocking out when not working.

Similar Messages:

Schedule Compliance
Jun 30, 2011

So, our CCM sent out an e-mail that she has received a directive that if we are not working our exact schedule, we are going to receive an oral warning and then be performance managed. If there is no work, we have to put in a Q-Care ticket or we will be performance managed. Remember when we first were pitched the idea of working at home? One of the points was that we could be flexible in our schedule. Now we are just slave wages on an assembly line with no deviation in schedule. Just anot ...

ICs And MTSOs. Are You In Compliance? Sm
Feb 03, 2012

ICs beware.  If your MTSO is found to be noncompliant by the IRS, you will be next in their crosshairs. http://erginc.com/pdfs/independent_contractors_20_questions.pdf ...

Schedule--compliance?
Feb 25, 2012

Has anyone on here ever been written up for not following schedule?  I know its important to follow but they out of the blue last summer called me up and said I had to change my schedule and I now have more evening hours.  I was already working on Sundays but anyway I used to work 2 hours in the eveings and would somehow like to get back to that instead of 4 hours.   CCm in my group sent out an email a short while ago stating if she found out people were not working schedule ...

MMODAL COMPLIANCE
Dec 06, 2013

What is with the compliance and audits and the threatening cloud above us to perform so many reports and lines in an hour and then have to be perfect in trying to accomplish goals that are unrealistic and unreasonable. It would be so nice to get an appreciation email or bonus once in a while instead of all this looming gloom. ...

S/l Lost Compliance In Breast?
Oct 01, 2010

She has some s/l lost compliance to the breast due to radiation but no discrete mass or nodule.  Has mild radiation changes to the skin. ...

MTSO/ICs - HIPPA Compliance Question
Oct 13, 2009

If you have your own personal business or contract with a doctor's office, not working for an established company, what kind of things do you have to do to be HIPPA compliant? Do they actually go and inspect and/or question your business practices? Does your work get questioned through the doctor's office? Does HIPPA give certifications and/or anything to tell a perspective client that you practice HIPPA compliance? Are there any other legal things that someone should worry about whe ...

Detailed HIPPA Compliance Protocol
Nov 05, 2013

My company is making all ICs draw up their own to detailed HIPAA compliance processes and security protocols, provide proof of HIPAA and insurance compliance and have a signed Business Associate Agreement in place. They are also requiring that we have more than 1 company that we work for, to be considered an IC. Has anyone ever done this before? Any suggestions on where to start for drawing up the HIPPA protocols, etc? ...

How Do You Send NJA To Schedule Compliance - Never Heard Of Them!!
Sep 01, 2014

And I've NEVER done that! ...

Electronic Medical Records And HIPAA Compliance
Nov 30, 2011

My sister has recently taken on the task of medical record compliance at her husband's dental office.  They are electronic (just going that way), and she is trying to be HIPAA compliant.  I know this doesn't concern transcription, but I though maybe someone has an MR person in their office who could direct her to a blog, or website where she could get information.  Thanks! ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

A New "Compliance" Coach? Makes Us Sound Like Parolees Being Closely
Jul 21, 2014

Wonder if we'll get an "ankle bracelet."  ...

Did Some TSMs Become "Compliance Program Directors?"
Nov 10, 2013

Just googled my former TSM ("former" because I got laid off in August) and on her Facebook page she is down as Compliance Program Director at MModal.  This was/is the North region.  To those of you so inclined......PLEASE spare me the "you don't have a life..." or whatever just because for a moment while on the computer I became curious and her name popped into my head.  I have a life, just fine.  Thanks. ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...

QA On Reports
May 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me since MQ has gone with the Swap Board and First Time Right, and we are sending reports, etc.  Have you had more frequency of being followed by QA?  I was just wondering how that works?  ...

Re: OB Reports
May 17, 2010

I know I will be asking many questions in the coming weeks since I am going to be taking a more active approach to studying for the second part of my final. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to get more info on OB reports online? Some of the stuff that the doctor dictates is so hard to figure out since I am not familiar with the OB terminology at all. For example..here is the physical exam section of the report (keep in mind I have flagged certain sections). Here it is:   ...

Can You Look Up Old Reports At Your Job?
Jul 28, 2010

I used to be able to at my old job last year. Now I can't do it at my new job. I asked and was told it is because of HIPAA. Can you look up old reports at your job? It sucks that I can't do it. It would help a lot. ...

Oh, No. My Op Reports Went ASR.
Aug 11, 2010

I love doing op reports even with the mandatory standards as I can insert my expansions and am very familiar with them (when I get my primary).  Now it's all ASR and I have to use those standards.  I have to cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, lose my skip markers, can't use my expansions AND I now get paid less for the reports.  Any suggestions? ...

Too Many Reports To QA
Dec 03, 2010

I just was spanked for sending too many reports to QA.  I sent ONE to QA in the last 3 months!!!  HAHAHAHA!!!  ...

QA Reports
Apr 13, 2011

Anyone out there who works remotely for a hospital.. can you tell me how your QA is done.  Wondering if most are like my employer.  Our QA is done sporadically.. maybe twice  a year.  We get a stack of reports in the mail that may be 6 months to a year old.  Our editors follow none of the standards our department has set up, and usually just whatever they feel is wrong, is wrong.  Also, we can't go back and access the voice when we are looking at the errors to ...

Where Are My QA Reports Going??????
Jan 30, 2012

I checked my work 1 hour ago.   Just checked again and all 6 reports with 100% QA are gone.   Three new reports, one with crappy grade (missed a heading), and 2 100% reports now show.    How can you maintain QA with reports flipping in and out??????  This is Nuance.  ...

Does Anyone Keep A Log Of Reports For The Day?
Apr 17, 2012

Hate to waste the time but Im gonna do it today..I have several jobs that I put through QA for terms that I really should know but cant find and I never get them back from QA with fixes...Just wondering, we were victims once before and no matter how much OT I work the counts never seem to go up much... ...

Reports
May 28, 2012

Have you ever noticed that as soon as you are proficient in an account you are switched to a new one???? AND in certain reports are required to use a standard even though it is an SR report SO you are doing straight type in an SR report, being paid at SR rate.  Something doesn't seem quite right or fair. ...

IME Reports
Jul 05, 2012

Can someone explain to me the expertise required to do IME reports as it compares to acute care hospital work? TIA ...

Reports Going To QA
Oct 16, 2012

If a report is really bad, cant even find the patient- when it is uploaded and we have a note to QA, is that report sent to be charted and the doctors, or does QA fix it, whatever, and THEN is sent? Do we do anything different so it does NOT get sent to the client first? Thanks you guys!! ...

5 Day 5 Reports For 98% On QA?
Jun 19, 2013

I was speaking with a friend of mine and he just got the last bonus and then was told he was not supposed to get the bonus because the hospital he works on doesn't get bonuses so not to expect another one and then 2 weeks ago they put him on 100% QA 5 reports a day for 5 days and then extended it for another 5 days because they said he had 98% though on the bottom of his timecard is showing 99% and the feedback has been 99%.  What are they trying to do now?  He just got a call fro ...

VR Reports -
Sep 03, 2013

I thought it was just me.  I've posted before asking for any hints to get my VR reports to go faster, but spending so much time "editing" these reports it's going soooo slow and don't know how to go faster.  Is this common with other MTs?  Any helpful ideas are appreciated. First line will be what the doc said - after the dash what the system put (and this is just one report): 55-year-old - nothing was typed she points - she reports he points transumbilical - tr ...

Looking Up QA Reports
Sep 06, 2013

How do we look up reports that have been Q/A'ed for our audit?  I thought I knew how, but I cant get anything with the numbers I have been given to come up.  Thank you. ...