A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did some TSMs become "Compliance Program Directors?" - GladToBeGone

Posted: Nov 10, 2013

Just googled my former TSM ("former" because I got laid off in August) and on her Facebook page she is down as Compliance Program Director at MModal.  This was/is the North region.  To those of you so inclined......PLEASE spare me the "you don't have a life..." or whatever just because for a moment while on the computer I became curious and her name popped into my head.  I have a life, just fine.  Thanks.

TSM - Ari

[ In Reply To ..]
Did your TSM cover Radiology too? If it is who I am thinking of she couldn't handle what she had on her plate let only anything more advanced. I swear she made up the rules as she went along. Every question I ever asked I was told to look it up in the Policy and Procedure manual. M*Modal just keeps getting better. How can they be so ignorant and keep buying everyone out. Healthcare in this country is going down hill in so many different ways. It is nice to be gone, but I am so curious about what goes on there.

Me too....... - GladToBeGone

[ In Reply To ..]
Her initials are JL. Don't know if she covered Radiology 'cause I never did that. If you google her, she's on Facebook (I'm NOT). She looks a little like Greta VanSusteren to me. Funny, I never knew what she looked like until now. I am also curious what goes on and I love watching this company go down, down....because they deserve to go down as most corrupt people inevitably do eventually.

compliance program director - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If your former TSM's initials were JL, she did take a new position created as a compliance program director this past week. Not sure what it does though. Her BOB is now under TSM with initials MC.

Thanks! Yes, she's the one. - GladToBeGone

[ In Reply To ..]
End.

I wonder if that's who I had a while back. - GladToBeGone

[ In Reply To ..]
MC was replaced by JL last year when she went on maternity leave.

Similar Messages:

TSMs To The Left Of Me,TSMs To The Right.
Jan 12, 2015

Well, I found out today that some former TSMs were let go.  I thought I'd feel better about one.  I thought I'd giggle and be happy someone stuck it to her for once.  But then I thought...huh, I don't.  I really don't.  Because regardless of how I personally felt about her, she got the job done, and without so much as a blink, she is without insurance or income.  The other?  She was a gem.  She was knowledgeable and hard working, and sh ...

Schedule Compliance
Jun 30, 2011

So, our CCM sent out an e-mail that she has received a directive that if we are not working our exact schedule, we are going to receive an oral warning and then be performance managed. If there is no work, we have to put in a Q-Care ticket or we will be performance managed. Remember when we first were pitched the idea of working at home? One of the points was that we could be flexible in our schedule. Now we are just slave wages on an assembly line with no deviation in schedule. Just anot ...

ICs And MTSOs. Are You In Compliance? Sm
Feb 03, 2012

ICs beware.  If your MTSO is found to be noncompliant by the IRS, you will be next in their crosshairs. http://erginc.com/pdfs/independent_contractors_20_questions.pdf ...

Schedule--compliance?
Feb 25, 2012

Has anyone on here ever been written up for not following schedule?  I know its important to follow but they out of the blue last summer called me up and said I had to change my schedule and I now have more evening hours.  I was already working on Sundays but anyway I used to work 2 hours in the eveings and would somehow like to get back to that instead of 4 hours.   CCm in my group sent out an email a short while ago stating if she found out people were not working schedule ...

MMODAL COMPLIANCE
Dec 06, 2013

What is with the compliance and audits and the threatening cloud above us to perform so many reports and lines in an hour and then have to be perfect in trying to accomplish goals that are unrealistic and unreasonable. It would be so nice to get an appreciation email or bonus once in a while instead of all this looming gloom. ...

S/l Lost Compliance In Breast?
Oct 01, 2010

She has some s/l lost compliance to the breast due to radiation but no discrete mass or nodule.  Has mild radiation changes to the skin. ...

MTSO/ICs - HIPPA Compliance Question
Oct 13, 2009

If you have your own personal business or contract with a doctor's office, not working for an established company, what kind of things do you have to do to be HIPPA compliant? Do they actually go and inspect and/or question your business practices? Does your work get questioned through the doctor's office? Does HIPPA give certifications and/or anything to tell a perspective client that you practice HIPPA compliance? Are there any other legal things that someone should worry about whe ...

Detailed HIPPA Compliance Protocol
Nov 05, 2013

My company is making all ICs draw up their own to detailed HIPAA compliance processes and security protocols, provide proof of HIPAA and insurance compliance and have a signed Business Associate Agreement in place. They are also requiring that we have more than 1 company that we work for, to be considered an IC. Has anyone ever done this before? Any suggestions on where to start for drawing up the HIPPA protocols, etc? ...

How Do You Send NJA To Schedule Compliance - Never Heard Of Them!!
Sep 01, 2014

And I've NEVER done that! ...

What Exactly Do The TSMs And TLs
Mar 07, 2014

Anyone know what they do while the MLSs are pounding away on our keyboards day in and day out, besides send out ridiculous emails all the time?  ...

If We Have To Be On, Why Not The TSMs?
Jul 04, 2014

I've "worked" just about every holiday, and every time I'm told I have to keep checking back, keep checking back, keep checking back when we've run out of work (even though our new policy says otherwise).  But where is my TSM?  I've gone through a couple of those, too, but each time they are no where to be found on a holiday!  Must be nice!  I am so tired of this crap.    ...

TSMs Being Cut??
Jan 09, 2015

Sorry for anyone losing their job, but fair is fair.  They have taken from the MTs until we are scraping the scum off the bottom of the barrell.  If this company so badly needs to shave costs, let them do so at the expense of other job categories rather than all MTs.  Most companies tend to be management heavy and reductions on that level, whether it be jobs or cutting benefits, reductions in wages, etc. let it happen.  They can't take any more from us.  We all wor ...

Electronic Medical Records And HIPAA Compliance
Nov 30, 2011

My sister has recently taken on the task of medical record compliance at her husband's dental office.  They are electronic (just going that way), and she is trying to be HIPAA compliant.  I know this doesn't concern transcription, but I though maybe someone has an MR person in their office who could direct her to a blog, or website where she could get information.  Thanks! ...

So The TSMs Fired/let Go
Oct 23, 2014

If I were an East TSM, I'd have my resume ready.  ...

The Polyanna TSMs
Dec 17, 2014

The la-dee-dah attitude of the e-mail updates makes me cringe! "Keep smiling!" "Let’s do our best to help keep things humming along!" Know this:  Us MTs are NOT "smiling" and things AREN'T been "humming along." Maybe if our concerns were addressed instead of being swept under the rug in the hopes that ignoring them will make them disappear, we wouldn't all be so PISSED today. Get a clue.  JEEZ.                  &n ...

TSMs Are Probably Next. They Can Be Replaced By
May 07, 2015

Good luck. This was the kick in the pants I needed. I'm outa here. Good luck to the rest of you. 2 weeks notice? HA I think not. ...

So If TSMs Are Watching This Board ...
Apr 07, 2013

...they probably realize that it's completely anonymous.  So watching us all agonize over the current situation when just ONE of them could easily come on using a pseudonym and give us some idea about what is going on or give some insight as to how the decisions are being made ... if there is something we can do at this point to help us get on firm ground (or, have the decisions already been made?) would help some of us sleep at night.  IMO, just sitting back and watching us stru ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wonder How Many TSMs Are Going To Complain When Their Jobs Are Gone?
Aug 21, 2013

As more and more MTs lose their jobs to offshoring, I don't think the TSMs are realizing that they are becoming expendable quickly too - No US MTs mean no US supervisors. The hospitals and clinics will have to talk to India to complain about their reports, dial 1 for English (sort of) and then hold for the next available representative for the next 20 minutes. I hope I get to see the day when MModal stock crashes. ...

TSMs Fired. Were They All Ambulatory?
Jan 09, 2015

My TSM is still here as of late this afternoon anyway.  Have not seen or heard anything from the company.  Are the one/ones that were let go on the ambulatory side or one of the newer Nuance acquisitions? ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Shoudn't TSMs Know Company Policy BEFORE Sending
Jul 08, 2013

we're told internet outage is not acceptable reason not to work and to find alternative such as WiFi, etc. in a not so nice tone.  Now we're told this is NOT acceptable (use of WiFi) as according to company policy.  Make up your mind will ya?  This TSM deserves a critical error deduction for misinformation (and the attitude).   Shouldn't they be required to know company policy before taking on their position?  ...

Anyone Relate To TSMs Who Can't Use Proper Grammar And Punctuation?
Oct 28, 2014

I just know KD has NEVER been an MT. ...

A New "Compliance" Coach? Makes Us Sound Like Parolees Being Closely
Jul 21, 2014

Wonder if we'll get an "ankle bracelet."  ...

"compliance Reports"
Mar 18, 2011

Has anyone else been told that they are on the "complaince report" for not clocking-in "on-time" and what does this mean? ...

About That TAA Program...
Jan 07, 2010

I know you have to be drawing unemployment to quality for this.  Does anyone know exactly what this is and what the benefits are?    ...

FTP Program
Mar 15, 2010

I had a company send me an IP address to take a test. Once I e-mailed them back and asked what in the world am I suppose to do with this, they told me I had to have a FTP program. I tried one and it confused me to no end. Does anyone have any ideas on FTP programs? Thanks a lot! ...