A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

acceptable quality now 99.3? - come on

Posted: Dec 11, 2012

they raised the bar again? 99 was impossible now it has to be 99.3?

who did? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
who did?

we were told in meeting today - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I never get "meetings" - what the????

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess my "Abbreviation of the Month" does not care!

Indian ME/MTs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Are the requirements the same for the ME/MTs in India?

can't be - they would not be able to keep them

[ In Reply To ..]
I know because I've seen their work.

Interesting - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I see. If I worked for MModal and was fired because I only had 99% accuracy, then I would probably sue them based on the fact that the requirements are not the same for all employees.
GOOD PLAN! - I will too!
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
I dont know why we cant do that now - so uneven its backwards
[ In Reply To ..]
We dont get free lunch, we dont get insurance for our families, we dont get "Free multiple levels of QA," and we have to pay for our own internet and electric bills! I would say that is discrimination if I ever saw it.
Free lunch? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you saying that the MEs and MTs in India who work for MModal receive all those benefits you listed?
They certainly do. Previous posts even have the link to prove it. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
don't forget the gym membership to the Indians ..nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I really need that - why cant we have that
[ In Reply To ..]
So unfair. I wonder what the discrimination laws are for global employees. I think I will have to check that out. Maybe that could be a new class action...
But what about the difference in pay? - interesting idea
[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't they just say it all evens out in the long run, since their US MTs are paid a higher line rate than the Indians? So all the offshore perks are really just equitable compensation in a way? If they were paid the same, then hot dang, what a great lawsuit that would be.
They COULD say it all evens out in the long run - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but does it really? An Indian MT's pay rate may be lower, but what they earn may be worth more money in their economy than what an American MModal ME/MT's paycheck can buy in the US economy.

Also, I wonder what the employee/work volume ratio is for the US MModal employee versus the Indian MMOdal employee. Do they overhire there as they do here? No doubt more and more work is going to India, but I wonder if each MT there is ending up with more lines at the end of each pay period than the MTs here. If so, that would make the job in India even more lucrative, relatively speaking, than the MModal ME/MT jobs here in the US.
Free health insurance... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If I remember correctly, don't the Indian MTs receive free healthcare for their entire family for life? If so, that alone would come close to exceeding the pay gap between US and Indian MTs. Imagine the cost if the company were to provide free healthcare for an entire US employee's family for life.
These bloodsucking CEOs should all be - TARRED AND FEATHERED.
[ In Reply To ..]
Gym Membership - prissy
[ In Reply To ..]
They're going to need that gym membership after eating all those free lunches and getting their butts transported to work.

An example of India MT accuracy - FossilMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just looked at a report by an India MT and this paragraph was at the end of the report: "If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. primary care physician, Dr. Vaughn in detail. They are artery and Bentyl p.r.n. ENT at the thank you." How does that get by QA?

If you go to Mmodal India and hit the apply link - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The job description for MT states they are required to do 75%-80% accuracy (really?!). Editor, QA, and all the other MT titles do not have anything along those lines listed, so I'm not sure if they are held to higher or lower standards.

Well - ORMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe we will all become QA folks for the Indian MTs. I cannot see how this is saving the company money, to have reports going through 3 stages of QA before being sent to the client. I just don't get it.

so no one else has heard this? - come on

[ In Reply To ..]
did I just misunderstand?

My friend in the West was told 99.5 - believe you

[ In Reply To ..]
She just had an audit and they told her the expectations are now 99.5. I wonder if they raise and lower the expectations based on the audit?

Never heard that, but apparently differnet regions - make up their own rules

[ In Reply To ..]
Its beyond me!

India is probably backed by some kind of - government regulations?

[ In Reply To ..]
they have gvt oversight and we should have some kind of collective bargning system...but we sit here and take it so...

If MTs stay above 99.3, TSM looks real good to those above her. - Incentive for TSM to set standard higher. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
If she can convince you it is higher than it really is, and the MTs believe her, that TCM's numbers are going to look really good to her bosses.

I don't think I can do it - sayonara

[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't think I can maintain that day in and day out.
Well, if it is just figment of TSM imagination, and isnt really - that high, not a prob. What would she SM
[ In Reply To ..]
tell those above her, "this MT cannot maintain 99.3" ? They would set her straight in a minute that was not the percent to be maintained. If you cant maintain that, I bet you never hear a thing about it.

Similar Messages:

Acceptable? Or Not?
Jun 03, 2011

Which of the following is acceptable when transcribing drug doses? 30 mcg o.d. 10 mg q.d. 1.0 mg 10 mL I think it is 10 mg q.d., but with everything changing I am unsure. Please help and thank  you! ...

Q.h.s. Is Now Acceptable?
Apr 08, 2012

twice now and it is accepted..I just cant bring myself to accept that especially since BOS says no..So what is the order we use in importance..this is really screwing me up...AGAIN... ...

I G An Acceptable Abbreviation?
Sep 21, 2011

I have always spelled out gram but have seen people use g.  Is that acceptable?  Sometimes I find I have been doing something (thinking I had a reason for it) but find out later it was just something I got in my head.  ; ) ...

Is Phalanxes Now Acceptable?
Oct 19, 2012

I have always learned phalanxes was always wrong, but I have a dictator who dictates phalanxes throughout the report and the online dictionaries say both phalanxes and phalanges. ...

Is Kilos Now Acceptable?
Feb 18, 2013

I'm an MME and have always had it drilled into my head never to use kilos for kilograms as it can be the short form of many different types of measurements.  I see ASR constantly typing kilos now and nearly all the MEs I QA leave it as kilos.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but was taught (and reprimanded by QA) that it should be kg. ...

What Do You Think Is An Acceptable Amount Of
Jun 21, 2014

ESL per account for .07 cents a line? I have been getting 2 in 3 ESL for the last 3 months now. Never used to be that way. Not just ESL, but difficult ESL that do 15 to 20 minutes at a time. They changed on me without saying anything. Is this a normal amount or am I being used? ...

What Is The Acceptable Rate For ASR Reports? (sm)
May 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply.  Have a wonderful day ...

Can Someone Tell Me If These Computer Specs Are Acceptable...
Oct 13, 2014

for most jobs: HP DC5800 Desktop PCDual Core Processor 2.0GHz 2 GB 160GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Thanks! ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

"hemat" Acceptable Short Form
Feb 16, 2010

Is "hemat" an acceptable short form for hematocrit?  I don't have an example and I can't find anything in my resources indicating it can be or shouldn't be used as such. Thanks! ...

So "pee" Is Now An Acceptable Term For Urinate?
Feb 19, 2014

x ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

Do Any Companies Pay For QUALITY?
Sep 05, 2011

I have many years of experience and check my work very carefully, which obviously takes more time than people who put through crap and don't bother to edit whatever the speech engine throws their way. Do any companies pay for quality over quanitity?  I do meet the minimum line counts. ...

Can The Sound Quality
Sep 07, 2011

I've done this account forever and even the guys who were always clear now sound like they are dictating through a wet paper bag, with pebbles in their mouths.  Have they switched to India Bell? ...

Quality Training
Sep 21, 2011

I have seen on this board how important quality training is.  I have also seen the Andrews School mentioned.  Can anyone else offer any information, good or bad, regarding training programs so us wannabe's dont make a mistake selecting a program?  Any that you woul recommend taking or staying away from? Thanks ...

Dictation Quality
Jul 17, 2012

Why is it always the massively long jobs that have to have horrible dictation quality or horrible dictation?!? M*Modal's dictation system leaves something to be desired under the best of circumstances, but it always seems the long ones are particularly awful, or maybe that's just my luck! :( ...

I Don't Think MModal Wants Quality From Its MTs
Feb 20, 2012

When the clients then complain, I can just see them pushing their EPIC or whatever fast-food medical record software they have and saying, "see, our software has less errors than the transcriptionists."  ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...