A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is phalanxes now acceptable? - versus phalanges

Posted: Oct 19, 2012

I have always learned phalanxes was always wrong, but I have a dictator who dictates phalanxes throughout the report and the online dictionaries say both phalanxes and phalanges.

Phalanxes is fine - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
Type it into your document and do a spell check. I don't think it would be a problem.

Think again - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Phalanges and phalanxes are 2 distinctly different words with different definitions. Anatomically, phalanges is correct, try Goggling it. I do think it would be a problem.

Try looking in a medical dictionary. Phalangis (plural phalanges) and phalanx are the same thing. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

phalanx bunch of B - lbb

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes just like the crock that now it is Morton neuroma and Baker cyst. It appears that Clauida Tessier has become like Bill Gates, just reinvent the same thing and make more money. Big difference is that her reinventions are a crock of! I learned possessives and 's usage in grade school. Wonder how that would work for any one in school or returning to school now! "Oh no, professor, I was an MT for 30 years and that is acceptable now. This profession has gone to hiahb. God help me get out and earn a living. By the way, for any of you who think I just do not know what I am doing, I do. Have earned 72-75K as an IC, 7 hours a day, banging a keyboard in-house (hospital) with no shortcuts.

Similar Messages:

Acceptable? Or Not?
Jun 03, 2011

Which of the following is acceptable when transcribing drug doses? 30 mcg o.d. 10 mg q.d. 1.0 mg 10 mL I think it is 10 mg q.d., but with everything changing I am unsure. Please help and thank  you! ...

Q.h.s. Is Now Acceptable?
Apr 08, 2012

twice now and it is accepted..I just cant bring myself to accept that especially since BOS says no..So what is the order we use in importance..this is really screwing me up...AGAIN... ...

I G An Acceptable Abbreviation?
Sep 21, 2011

I have always spelled out gram but have seen people use g.  Is that acceptable?  Sometimes I find I have been doing something (thinking I had a reason for it) but find out later it was just something I got in my head.  ; ) ...

Acceptable Quality Now 99.3?
Dec 11, 2012

they raised the bar again? 99 was impossible now it has to be 99.3? ...

Is Kilos Now Acceptable?
Feb 18, 2013

I'm an MME and have always had it drilled into my head never to use kilos for kilograms as it can be the short form of many different types of measurements.  I see ASR constantly typing kilos now and nearly all the MEs I QA leave it as kilos.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but was taught (and reprimanded by QA) that it should be kg. ...

What Do You Think Is An Acceptable Amount Of
Jun 21, 2014

ESL per account for .07 cents a line? I have been getting 2 in 3 ESL for the last 3 months now. Never used to be that way. Not just ESL, but difficult ESL that do 15 to 20 minutes at a time. They changed on me without saying anything. Is this a normal amount or am I being used? ...

What Is The Acceptable Rate For ASR Reports? (sm)
May 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply.  Have a wonderful day ...

Can Someone Tell Me If These Computer Specs Are Acceptable...
Oct 13, 2014

for most jobs: HP DC5800 Desktop PCDual Core Processor 2.0GHz 2 GB 160GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Thanks! ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

"hemat" Acceptable Short Form
Feb 16, 2010

Is "hemat" an acceptable short form for hematocrit?  I don't have an example and I can't find anything in my resources indicating it can be or shouldn't be used as such. Thanks! ...

So "pee" Is Now An Acceptable Term For Urinate?
Feb 19, 2014

x ...