A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is the acceptable rate for ASR reports? (sm) - just me

Posted: May 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply.  Have a wonderful day Smile

Do you want what's acceptable or what people are paying? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want what most MTSOs are paying, it's around 4 cents per line. If you want acceptable... you probably need to find another job. lol. Not making fun of you. Just saying that while the pay seems to be the same across the board, that doesn't make it acceptable. I'm laughing out of exasperation at this point. :)

:} - OP, sadly the pressures on employers to keep

[ In Reply To ..]
their prices down have lead to about 3 cents per line for, presumably (don't eat me, victims), very clean copy; 4 cents per line, probably average; to 5 to 6 for really dirty copy requiring a lot of correction. I've been doing this for a long time now, improving constantly, and my income is going DOWN significantly. Rates overall are just too low for the work. I make notably more transcribing and am no longer interested in editing, even though I am very good at it.

VR has been so bad lately with my company - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
that I am getting worn out trying to do all of the corrections! I work on M-Modal and usually the VR isn't too bad, but for the last two weeks it has been making incredibly stupid mistakes. I can't even speed up the dictator because there are so many mistakes. If it stays like this, I'm going to lose a ton of money, all while putting in the same amount of time. Very frustrating.
The ESL docs should have to make a certain percentage of accuracy before ever - being placed on VR
[ In Reply To ..]
and if not cutting, it they should have to keep trying until they get it and then place them on VR. They should stop putting physicians in VR without testing them first. Hey, here's a though, put the physicians who are really worthy of VR into VR and keep the rest out and then pay me 4 cents a line for doing editing that is truly editing, not 4 cents a line for work that would be considered straight typing.
Not Just ESL - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
There are plenty of bad non-ESL dictators. Dictators who constantly back up over themselves, even though they speak clearly, make the worst ASR jobs and shouldn't be allowed on there. But they are.

Anyway, I'm getting out of this rat race. Nothing solid yet, but some prospects.

There is NOTHING acceptable about Speech Wreck - Andypudenda

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you seen the crap in patient medical records these days? Sorry you couldn't pay me enough to compromise patient safety for the sake of the almighty $$$. And shame on you apologists for Speech Wreck. How do you live with yourselves?

Fair rate - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
See this article regarding what constitutes a sufficient wage:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/business/economy/01jobs.html

Using the figure of $14/hour, assuming the average MT is producing around 150 lph with the current quality of most VR, a fair rate would be roughly 9.5 cpl, or more than double what most companies are now offering and greater than what they offer for straight transcription. This is a rate that will never be paid because an equitable distribution of profits would mean executives having to part with some of their millions.

Similar Messages:

Acceptable? Or Not?
Jun 03, 2011

Which of the following is acceptable when transcribing drug doses? 30 mcg o.d. 10 mg q.d. 1.0 mg 10 mL I think it is 10 mg q.d., but with everything changing I am unsure. Please help and thank  you! ...

Q.h.s. Is Now Acceptable?
Apr 08, 2012

twice now and it is accepted..I just cant bring myself to accept that especially since BOS says no..So what is the order we use in importance..this is really screwing me up...AGAIN... ...

I G An Acceptable Abbreviation?
Sep 21, 2011

I have always spelled out gram but have seen people use g.  Is that acceptable?  Sometimes I find I have been doing something (thinking I had a reason for it) but find out later it was just something I got in my head.  ; ) ...

Is Phalanxes Now Acceptable?
Oct 19, 2012

I have always learned phalanxes was always wrong, but I have a dictator who dictates phalanxes throughout the report and the online dictionaries say both phalanxes and phalanges. ...

Acceptable Quality Now 99.3?
Dec 11, 2012

they raised the bar again? 99 was impossible now it has to be 99.3? ...

Is Kilos Now Acceptable?
Feb 18, 2013

I'm an MME and have always had it drilled into my head never to use kilos for kilograms as it can be the short form of many different types of measurements.  I see ASR constantly typing kilos now and nearly all the MEs I QA leave it as kilos.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but was taught (and reprimanded by QA) that it should be kg. ...

What Do You Think Is An Acceptable Amount Of
Jun 21, 2014

ESL per account for .07 cents a line? I have been getting 2 in 3 ESL for the last 3 months now. Never used to be that way. Not just ESL, but difficult ESL that do 15 to 20 minutes at a time. They changed on me without saying anything. Is this a normal amount or am I being used? ...

Can Someone Tell Me If These Computer Specs Are Acceptable...
Oct 13, 2014

for most jobs: HP DC5800 Desktop PCDual Core Processor 2.0GHz 2 GB 160GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Thanks! ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

"hemat" Acceptable Short Form
Feb 16, 2010

Is "hemat" an acceptable short form for hematocrit?  I don't have an example and I can't find anything in my resources indicating it can be or shouldn't be used as such. Thanks! ...

So "pee" Is Now An Acceptable Term For Urinate?
Feb 19, 2014

x ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...

QA On Reports
May 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me since MQ has gone with the Swap Board and First Time Right, and we are sending reports, etc.  Have you had more frequency of being followed by QA?  I was just wondering how that works?  ...

Re: OB Reports
May 17, 2010

I know I will be asking many questions in the coming weeks since I am going to be taking a more active approach to studying for the second part of my final. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to get more info on OB reports online? Some of the stuff that the doctor dictates is so hard to figure out since I am not familiar with the OB terminology at all. For example..here is the physical exam section of the report (keep in mind I have flagged certain sections). Here it is:   ...

Can You Look Up Old Reports At Your Job?
Jul 28, 2010

I used to be able to at my old job last year. Now I can't do it at my new job. I asked and was told it is because of HIPAA. Can you look up old reports at your job? It sucks that I can't do it. It would help a lot. ...

Oh, No. My Op Reports Went ASR.
Aug 11, 2010

I love doing op reports even with the mandatory standards as I can insert my expansions and am very familiar with them (when I get my primary).  Now it's all ASR and I have to use those standards.  I have to cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, lose my skip markers, can't use my expansions AND I now get paid less for the reports.  Any suggestions? ...

Too Many Reports To QA
Dec 03, 2010

I just was spanked for sending too many reports to QA.  I sent ONE to QA in the last 3 months!!!  HAHAHAHA!!!  ...

QA Reports
Apr 13, 2011

Anyone out there who works remotely for a hospital.. can you tell me how your QA is done.  Wondering if most are like my employer.  Our QA is done sporadically.. maybe twice  a year.  We get a stack of reports in the mail that may be 6 months to a year old.  Our editors follow none of the standards our department has set up, and usually just whatever they feel is wrong, is wrong.  Also, we can't go back and access the voice when we are looking at the errors to ...

Where Are My QA Reports Going??????
Jan 30, 2012

I checked my work 1 hour ago.   Just checked again and all 6 reports with 100% QA are gone.   Three new reports, one with crappy grade (missed a heading), and 2 100% reports now show.    How can you maintain QA with reports flipping in and out??????  This is Nuance.  ...

Does Anyone Keep A Log Of Reports For The Day?
Apr 17, 2012

Hate to waste the time but Im gonna do it today..I have several jobs that I put through QA for terms that I really should know but cant find and I never get them back from QA with fixes...Just wondering, we were victims once before and no matter how much OT I work the counts never seem to go up much... ...

Reports
May 28, 2012

Have you ever noticed that as soon as you are proficient in an account you are switched to a new one???? AND in certain reports are required to use a standard even though it is an SR report SO you are doing straight type in an SR report, being paid at SR rate.  Something doesn't seem quite right or fair. ...