A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have been told nothing about the 15 minute pay - blondie

Posted: Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work. 

They thrive on you not knowing the policy - more money for them

[ In Reply To ..]
I was never told either, and for a year I was left in the dark.

If you get NJA, you are supposed to stay logged on to "fluency" but clock off the time clock. Wait for 15 minutes. If work comes in, you are supposed to clock back on and do the work. After you have waited for a solid 15 minutes (I was told you cant add up the wait times, even though I think that is illegal keeping us waiting when cumulative it adds up to a LOT of time), then you clock onto the time clock and go under "timesheet" and then "add time entry" and add in your 15 minutes of Work Availability, and then also fill out a Remedy ticket for NJA, and put that ticket number into the time clock in the employee notes section (when you fill in the add time entry). Then, you get 15 minutes of your states minimum wage pay for that time. After that, you are free to either keep checking for work, be released with no pay, or use your PTO to cover the time.

Also please check what state you are in? Some states pay you for half of your shift which if it was - namee

[ In Reply To ..]
Be sure you check the policy for your state

Do you know how I would find that out? - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I live in Mississippi. Does anyone know or know how to find out?
Nevermind, I found it in MModal Intranet...NM - blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I don't work on Fluency though.... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on Futurenet. Does it apply to that as well? I don't see why not.

It doesn't matter what your platform is, it is if you - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
are out of work.

Similar Messages:

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Have You Ever Been Told This And If So------
Apr 09, 2010

what would you do about it.  My TL repeatedly tells us to get off the system when the work volume is low because we are taking food out of other MTs mouths because they cannot feed their families or pay their bills because they need to get at least 20,000 lines per pay, but they cannot do that if we stay on the system,and we need to have compassion for them and get off the system so the ones who need it the most can pay their bills.   Even if our line count is not met, they need i ...

Has Anyone Else But Me Been Told....
Aug 08, 2010

That you can't work on any computer besides a Medquist computer?  I don't get along my CCM.  We don't like each other.  I wanted to load my programs on my laptop so I could work when I was away from home, and I was told that was not possible.  I said I had done it in the past.  I was told, not anymore.  Support backed him on it.  But here lately I have heard people talking about working at Starbucks!!!!  That even during training they ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Told
Jul 16, 2012

that you are the only one who complains about pay and the lack of improvement of ASR? Somehow I find it hard that I am the only one on my team who voices their opinion. ...

Let Go Without Being Told
Jul 08, 2014

So I tried to get into mail and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into web clock and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into my regular work platform and again no luck.  Last week I was called about being short an hour and some minutes.  I was questioned about line counts also but was never told I was getting written up or terminated so what the hell?  Has this happened to anyone else with Nuance?  The thing is before this super unprofessional action ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

Way Above 98 And Told I Should Continue..
Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job. ...

Told To Use My PTO By End Of Year?????
Nov 01, 2012

X ...

I Was Told By My CCM Why No Work For Some
Jan 03, 2013

apparently they are trying to weed out MT's as they did CCM's. The ones who don't produce or excessive absences, etc.  ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Hate To Say I Told Ya So
Aug 14, 2013

When this PTO garbage started I knew something was coming down. I don't like this new NJA procedure. I haven't had time to decipher the whole thing, but something STINKS ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Told Dr Complaining
Sep 12, 2013

We were told recently a doctor was complaining about the quality of our reports.  I thought that strange as he has no accent and speaks very clearly.  I just did a report of his and his complaints are....do not use 1, 2, 3, etc., spell out one, two, three, etc.., do not leave off THE patient and just type patient at the beginning  of a sentence..do not leave off LABORATORY IS AS FOLLOWS and just type LABORATORY, type what I said.  I said..right on, doc, my sentiments exactly. ...

Told Cannot Use Time Off No Pay For NJA
Nov 09, 2014

What is this something new?  I am PT and if there are no jobs available, I have to stick around until the end of my shift or schedule time during the pay period to make up time when there were no jobs available.  What is that all about?  This cant be legal.  That is not what it says in the policies and procedures under Human Resources, but the new time keeper or whatever she is called sent an email and said there is a lot of confusion about this and said you cannot use time o ...

Okay, So I Have Been Put On PM. I Was Told To Log Into Ultipro And SM
Jun 12, 2015

Log into Ultipro click on myself tab and click correctiv actions.  I have tried to do this several times and cannot.  i get a message that my system cannot handle this, I need explorer 8 or hogher.  I tried to download explorer 8 and it says I my system cannot handle it.  I tried from personal computer and get same message.  I then tried again on MMODAL comp using Firefox, still no go, same message.  Anybody else have this problem?  This is crazy. ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

When A Keystrokes Add Says Pay By Minute
Sep 01, 2011

of dictation for a radiology position, what does this mean?  So much per minute or a flat rate for a total of minutes per day?   ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...

Pay Per Minute?? Good Or Bad
Apr 10, 2012

I have never been paid by the minute before and I was wondering what is a good rate? I have been offered 0.08 cents per minute up to $1 per minute depending on the dictator. Right now I am getting paid 7.5 cents per line. I average 800-1000 lines per day on the account I am on now. Does anyone know how to figure pay on the minute versus the line?? Thanks in advance!! ...

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...

Per Minute Rates
May 07, 2012

I need some help I think my mind is fried...Does anyone know how to compare pay per minute of dictation to a per line rate? Example - 0.0972 per line versus 1.056 per dictated minute Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you very muc and please excuse my ignorance, but I am getting frustrated trying to compare the two. ...

Milliliters Per Minute?
Jun 04, 2012

GFR is 23 milliliters per minute. Should this be typed mL/min. I haven't typed this in years, and I have forgotten if I should type it all out or just abbreviate it. Even then, I'm unsure if my abbreviation is correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...