A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

way above 98 and told I should continue.. - I am not a machine.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job.

I got a 99.3 - and was told

[ In Reply To ..]
to "watch it" as 99.3 was "close to being below 99%." Corporate should get scored on their "oops" e-mails they are always sending out.

I had 100 and got Performance Mentoring - On My Way Out

[ In Reply To ..]
They couldn't fault the quality, so they got me on the quantity.

OMG - Slave MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this might be happening to me. They like to get you one way or the other. Is this their way to get you to quit? I can tell when I am being audited so I may go a little slower. Can't win either way.

got a 99%, - WhoGivesAS channel

[ In Reply To ..]
Really? I have performance mentoring too, my "potential" is about 3 times my actual performance. 15 years ago I made 11 cents/line, this is BS and I've been trying to get out for months. Thank goodness Im also an MA and working with agencies for temp work. I'd rather get paid for 6-8 weeks and collect in between than be GUARANTEED no pay for my hard work. We are all worth more than the respect we get here

are these orders from Kumar or whatever his name is. - I am not a machine

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel like I am in India and working for rupees. Life is too short for all of this nonsense.

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

May Have To Continue Being An MT
Jun 09, 2010

I really wanted to get out of the MT business, but I am having NO luck finding a job in another field, and now my marriage is breaking up and I have no financial security.  Is there ANY company out there worth working for anymore as an MT? ...

The Answer Is NO. You Will Still Continue To
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

NO Pay Increases, Continue On The Same,
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

How Much Longer Will This Continue?
Jan 25, 2013

I'm told the low volumes are due to the time of the year. I just don't remember this happening in past years. My time sheet has 10-15 entries by the time of the day - this is nuts. Can't take no pay, can't use up all my PTO in a week. Seriously, what are we supposed to do? ...

The Beatings Will Continue
Apr 07, 2015

Get with the program! ...

To Continue My Vent About QA, Why Do They Feel They Have To
May 12, 2012

treat us rudely?  I get rudeness all the time from my QA.  I am about to tell them about it.  Look, I am trying.  I am not making mistakes to mess up your day!!! ...

Need Advice-Continue MT Or Quit
Jun 07, 2012

I've been an MT for over 20 years.  Have had my own clients in Rhematology for the past 12 years, been working at home for 15 years.  Clients have switched to point-and-click and VR except for one who is Lebanese and hates the point-and-click and can't do VR.  So, I started working for a great company doing ENT, but pay is 8 cents/line, quite the cut, but good dictators.  They might soon be going to VR.  I live in a small town and really don't want to work ...

I Just Can't Get Over These Stupid People. They Continue To
Jun 23, 2015

alienate the workers and the workers keep leaving.  The company could save a whole lot of $$ by eliminating the scheduler position as well as the crazy auditors!  Who thinks up this stuff. ...

ID Consult- Patient Will Continue Vancomycin And S/l Ree-pen-in
May 25, 2010

x ...

Eye Opener.....okay So I Was Thinking, I Could Either Continue To Work At MQ Or
Jul 21, 2011

or go get another job out of MT completely (not convinced any other company is much better).....I was thinking, well, what else am I qualified for?  I guess I could waitress (never done before though), but Ihop has an ad for a waitress, waitress exp. not nec.  I thought, argh, what can they possibly make, prob just minimum wage and lots of work and would I even be up to it?  Come to find out that waitresses at Ihop around here (California) make minimum wage (8/hr) plus tips.  ...

For Anyone That Works On EMRs Or Epic, Do You Still Continue
Aug 14, 2012

to work in your regular platform such as DQS or do you have to download an entirely new system to work in a hospital EMR.  My hospital is on DQS and going to EMR or Epic so I am not sure if that means all my short cuts etc are gone or we continue somehow to use both systems.  I doubt you can use short cuts in EMR but again I have no idea and I dont think you can move your short cuts out of DQS to another system and again I dont know.  Seems like I dont know much this morning at al ...

Thunder Storms - Continue To Work?
Jul 15, 2014

I've heard you shouldn't use your computer or phone during a thunder storm.  What do you do?  Stop working until it's over, or continue working and ignore the thunder and lightning? ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

I Find It Baffling That An MTSO Would Continue To Send Out Sm
Mar 22, 2013

pleas for help on an account when she has not paid her employees. I cannot speak for everyone, but as for me, no pay equals no work. I realize it is not the client's fault as I am sure they paid their bill, so I do feel bad on that side, but on the other hand, only a fool keeps on working while someone dangles that carrot with the possibility they might be paid sometime. Ugh. ...

"Turnover Rates Continue To Rise. Wages Plummet."
Jun 06, 2013

Following an in-depth investigative report of how corporate profits soar at the mercy of the increasingly invisible labor force in this business, we could publish a cartoon depicting a wide-mouth funnel at the top with all the newly "acquired" MTs falling in, with the bottom of the funnel (the other opening) pouring out the newly unemployed. Churning around inside the murky vortex are the chronically underpaid sweatshop slave-wage fools.  Wonder if the creepy people responsible for this me ...

Drug Name - Anemia, Continue Foltx And S/l "Proveit"
Apr 16, 2010

Anemia, continue Foltx and s/l "Proveit" Pt with end stage renal disease, hypertension, diabetes, colon cancer, dyslipidemia, proteinuria, and anemia.  please help ...

Have You Ever Been Told This And If So------
Apr 09, 2010

what would you do about it.  My TL repeatedly tells us to get off the system when the work volume is low because we are taking food out of other MTs mouths because they cannot feed their families or pay their bills because they need to get at least 20,000 lines per pay, but they cannot do that if we stay on the system,and we need to have compassion for them and get off the system so the ones who need it the most can pay their bills.   Even if our line count is not met, they need i ...

Has Anyone Else But Me Been Told....
Aug 08, 2010

That you can't work on any computer besides a Medquist computer?  I don't get along my CCM.  We don't like each other.  I wanted to load my programs on my laptop so I could work when I was away from home, and I was told that was not possible.  I said I had done it in the past.  I was told, not anymore.  Support backed him on it.  But here lately I have heard people talking about working at Starbucks!!!!  That even during training they ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Told
Jul 16, 2012

that you are the only one who complains about pay and the lack of improvement of ASR? Somehow I find it hard that I am the only one on my team who voices their opinion. ...

Let Go Without Being Told
Jul 08, 2014

So I tried to get into mail and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into web clock and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into my regular work platform and again no luck.  Last week I was called about being short an hour and some minutes.  I was questioned about line counts also but was never told I was getting written up or terminated so what the hell?  Has this happened to anyone else with Nuance?  The thing is before this super unprofessional action ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

Told To Use My PTO By End Of Year?????
Nov 01, 2012

X ...

I Was Told By My CCM Why No Work For Some
Jan 03, 2013

apparently they are trying to weed out MT's as they did CCM's. The ones who don't produce or excessive absences, etc.  ...

I Have Been Told Nothing About The 15 Minute Pay
Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work.  ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Hate To Say I Told Ya So
Aug 14, 2013

When this PTO garbage started I knew something was coming down. I don't like this new NJA procedure. I haven't had time to decipher the whole thing, but something STINKS ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Told Dr Complaining
Sep 12, 2013

We were told recently a doctor was complaining about the quality of our reports.  I thought that strange as he has no accent and speaks very clearly.  I just did a report of his and his complaints are....do not use 1, 2, 3, etc., spell out one, two, three, etc.., do not leave off THE patient and just type patient at the beginning  of a sentence..do not leave off LABORATORY IS AS FOLLOWS and just type LABORATORY, type what I said.  I said..right on, doc, my sentiments exactly. ...