A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

any companies offer flexible schedules? - slm77

Posted: Dec 28, 2011

Just wondering if there are any companies out there that offer flexible schedules.  I am currently a substitute teacher, so I don't have a set schedule for work.  I have about 5 years of transcriptions experience and would like to pick up about 15-25 hours of transcribing per week, but I don't want a set schedule.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

good luck - become an IC

[ In Reply To ..]
If there are any true IC jobs anymore. Even most of those want a schedule now.

Similar Messages:

Companies With Employee Status That Offer Flexible Schedules?
Aug 05, 2012

I know this has probably been asked so many times on this board, but I am currently working for a company as an employee, full time, and I'd really like to move on. I've been there 6 years and the only thing that is holding me back right now is the fact that I need to have a flexible schedule and I don't really want IC status.  Right now, I work 2 hours in the morning and 6-7 hours in the evenings. However, if one of my kids has a dance class or karate in the evening and I&# ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Nuance Flexible Schedules?
Apr 24, 2012

I am due to join this company due to merger.  Can someone please tell me if they offer any kind of flexible schedule?  Thank you in advance. ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

What Companies Offer
Jan 15, 2012

401ks--preferably with a match?  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Which Companies Offer BC/BS Coverage?
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Which Companies Offer Incentive Pay?
Nov 22, 2009

Hi, anyone know of any companies with employee status that offer incentive pay?   Thanks ...

Anyone Know What Companies Offer DMT Work?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone know what companies offer DMT work? Thanks. ...

Any Companies Still Offer IC Status?
Apr 17, 2013

I am currently full-time employee but miss the flexibility of IC status.  Haven't found anyone reputable in my search who still offers IC status.  Thanks in advance for any tips. ...

Companies That Offer IC Status?
Jan 15, 2015

Was wondering if there are any companies that offer IC status? ...

What Companies Offer A 12-hour Window? Nm
Jan 16, 2010

nm ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Statutory Employment Anymore? Take Out My Taxes And FICA, Sm
Oct 09, 2013

no other benefits, let me determine how many lines I will do and what days, and leave me the heck alone? I miss MDI-MD. :( ...

Being A Flexible MT
Apr 03, 2012

I interviewed this morning for a transcription position that I will need to be flexible for front and back office backup. This interests me and I am very interested in it as I think MTs need to be more flexible in this day and age. This is a sole FP physician and she does do EMR but also keeps her own chart record by using the sticky back paper. So she does double duty. I believe this is a wonderful idea and will keep some of us MTs working into the future. She always has the record there w ...

Optiscript - How Flexible?
Nov 18, 2011

Can anyone shed light  on how flexible optiscript in State College is?  I read on here how the unit manager will work with you if you need to change a schedule or need time off, but if you give an 8 hour schedule do they mind if you do not always adhere to it minute by minute or do they give you a little room to breathe.  I heard they have split shifts but just wondering how strict they are with the schedules you give.  TIA. ...

FLEXIBLE HOURS
Aug 24, 2012

If you are considered an independent contracter, can these companies require you to do the work on set hours?  It seems to me they could be a little more flexible with the hours. I realize there is a turn around time, but a block of time would be nice. Where are all the companies like this?? ...

What Is Proscript Like? Flexible? I Saw An Add On Another
Jan 06, 2014

site and was curious. ...

PT Flexible Positions
May 25, 2015

Are they any companies that require you just to work a set amount of lines per day without a set schedule? And that are hiring? TIA ...

Flexible Work Schedule?! Not In My BOB.
Apr 17, 2013

x ...

Positive Was Flexible Schedule? Who?? Not Me.
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

Rezziliant Transcription - How Flexible Is Their Scheduling?
Mar 30, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company?  How flexible is their scheduling?  Thanks! ...

Procedure: Flexible Cystoscopy, Complex Urodynamics,
Oct 30, 2009

s/l "cautious flow EMG"  Also what does EMG electromyelogram?  ...

Who Is More Flexible Scheduling: Command Health Or SoftScript? Nm
Feb 05, 2014

nm ...

Independent Contractor - Must Have Flexible Schedule To Qualify For IC Status
Mar 11, 2010

I am thinking about pursuing a job as an independent contractor as I am retired and want something to do more than the money (retired hospital transcriptionist). It is my understanding that an IC must have flexible schedule to qualify for IC status, yet the job ads specify second and third shift as well as weekend days. Can they do this? I know the government is cracking down on ICs to make sure they are truly ICs (we all know the transcription companies will do everything to preserve their bo ...

Sounds Like Pecothalax Prep For A Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. Anyone Ever Hear Of It?
Jul 30, 2013

I never have and I have had a gastroenterology side job for years. ...