A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New record error count in 1 report! - CT

Posted: Apr 08, 2014

Thanks ILP.  You have blown me away.  In a 10-minute report you have managed to get approximately 50 errors... This is of course after your MT finished the report, routed it through 100% review with your QA, and then sent it to lucky me... Yippy.

BUT they can maintain 99.7% accuracy - screw this place I hate it

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It's discrimination. They seem to have no quality requirement, but we're held to - an impossible 99.7. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why should they have a quality requirement when - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
they can just send it on to us to make it right. If they imposed a 99% (or prob even 89%) quality requirement they'd have no Indians to work for 2 cents a line.
The scary part - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
An MME doesn't get the ILP report unless there is a blank or the dictator/hospital is on 100%. Otherwise, if there is no blank, it goes straight to client, even if there are 50 errors.
Scary Part - Good!
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe someone will read one of those reports and catch all the errors and tell M*M to take a flying leap. I hope their greediness just buries them.
How can that be acceptable? - inawe
[ In Reply To ..]
How can reports like that go to the clients and we are held to 99 whatever? It's sickening.
What happened to all the people - contacting an attorney?
[ In Reply To ..]
?
They suddenly faded away - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It's like I said soooo many times during those postings - it's all been threatened and talked about before, at least 20 million times since I've been coming to this board. Everyone gets totally jazzed about a lawsuit and then poof, everyone disappears and the whole thing gets dropped. MModal gets away with what they do, because no one ever follows through on their threat. They must think it's hilarious.
It seemed like 1 person - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
And when we didn't all send emails of our support, he/she got upset and left. Makes you wonder why they wanted our emails. Just post the lawyer information and we can contact ourselves. I wouldn't send my contact info to anyone on this board. JMHO.
Nope, same here ... people write emails to me off-board all the time and ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I NEVER respond. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out who I am, just from my email address alone. I'm also super careful about what I post about myself here on this page - there are eyes everywhere.

Similar Messages:

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

How/where To Report Payroll Error? Sm
Jun 04, 2011

my line count isn't jiving with what I was paid on last check.  how do I get this fixed?  TIA. ...

A Minor Error In An ILP Report
Aug 02, 2012

Transcribed:  "...which they say they has at home and it is cool." Dictated:  "...which they say they have at home and at school." This is not an ASR report.  It was actually typed this way. This is just one of the minor errors.  I don't even count things like commas, have/has, and other grammar errors. ...

QA Changed My Report To An Error
Jun 17, 2015

Fiesa sent me an error email.  QA changed my report, which was correct, to text that would be considered a critical error.  As you would imagine, I submitted a reversal.  I know they are just as stressed out as we are and that their pay was cut too, but this is unacceptable.  ...

Powerscribe Line Count Report
Mar 06, 2011

I'm about to transitioned to Powerscribe and have been set up on my home computer.  I am an MTSO so I need to know how does PS calculate daily or per report line counts.  Is this an administrative report I need to be given access to by the administrator? Because looking at a screenshot of PS, it looks like the options for doing, frankly, anything are limited to copy/paste and spellcheck.  I realize it is not a word document, but how are line counts done?     ...

Anyone Can Completely Proofread Each Report Without Going Way Down On Their Line Count
Mar 02, 2014

I don't know how anyone can completely proofread each report without going way down on their line count and also running up your idle minutes past 15.  Any ideas out there? ...

Finding Daily/per Report Line Count For FutureNet
Jan 14, 2013

I'm a recent acquisition and haven't been given any info for new employee information for M*Modal.  I've been reading through the Human Resource categories on the Intranet, but can't find where it tells you how to check your daily line counts. Could someone please direct me where to look? I'm on the FutureNet platform but we weren't given any references or written instructions. Thanks! ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

OTI/Record One
Sep 26, 2014

So, we can stay with Records One but just with no work promised except for as soon as it becomes available. Sounds promising. I wish promises paid my bills. It is a sad day for me. ...

Do You Write Down The Job # For Your Record....or
May 03, 2012

just do along and work?  I was writing job # and which hospital and work type but its time consuming and I don't see the point because I hope not to be here much longer.  ...

For The Record Article About MT Pay
Sep 11, 2012

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml   ...

Job Offering On For The Record
Mar 21, 2014

See link below... ...

For The Record Magazine
Mar 27, 2015

There's a very well-written article in the newest edition, called Life on the Low End of the Pay Scale, regarding pay for transcription, current and past, how WE got to where we are now, and MTSOs' role. In essence, a good way to start us back to better income is to refuse the low pay that lots of companies offer. We have to raise our bar, no one will do it for us.  ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Path Of The Medical Record
Mar 31, 2010

I'm trying to follow the path of a patient medical record. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. But here's my understanding: the doctor dictates (or inputs his data), then it goes to coding. From coding it goes to billing and from billing it goes to the designated payor (insurance company, medicare, etc).  So If my scenario is correct, then if there is not an accurate record, then it can't be coded correctly and it can't be billed correctly and the medical faciility does no ...

Another Medical Record Breach
Apr 05, 2010

Below is a link to another breach of medical records. We can directly blame the fact that today's medical records largely dwell on the internet. Lest some of you come back with "but without the internet, we would not have jobs", let me tell you that we got along without the internet previously and had higher pay because the offshore vultures could not get at the records and we were in higher demand. We can do it again.   http://valley.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/ ...

Not To Sound Like A Broken Record, But
Oct 29, 2010

what is the best school to go to (online) for becoming a coder?  I have been an MT for 15 years and tired of the feast/famine.  Is there financial aid available?  I cannot afford even $250 down and $100 a month.  Also, are there any companies that hire coders to work at home right out of school?  Thanks for any help!! ...

Does Anyone Know What Medical Record Auditing Is?
Jan 24, 2011

My community college offers this course and I would like to take it.   ...

For The Record, MTSOs Who Are NOT Greedy...
Nov 28, 2011

I want to make it clear that this is not a rail against all MTSOs; there are MTSO's still out there who are NOTmotivated by greed, and who continue to pay their employees very well.I have worked for companies which historically have paid employees much higher CPL than other companies - Keystrokes and MTP (both based in Illinois, owned by former MTs, and as far as I know, all work still on US soil) - and several of these companies actually DO pay employees "more than fair" hou ...

Medical Record Summarizer
Jul 11, 2012

Can someone explain to me what a medical record summarizer does and what kind of pay is it?  Thanks ...

Appalled At What A Medical Record Looks Like Now.
Jul 20, 2012

I began working for a doctor's office and we get referrals.  Some of these apparently are entered by the doctor.  It is the biggest mess I have ever seen.  Sentences are run together.  There is no punctuation.  Capitalization is either nonexistent or incorrect.  There are no paragraphs.  The report is just literally words run together for a whole page. Other offices have canned forms, and they fill in a few blanks.  The paragraphs and h ...

Medical Record Errors
Feb 20, 2014

If anyone is on Facebook, search for the "Healthcare Documentation Today" page.  There is an article posted regarding medical record errors.   It is a very interesting article regarding the other side of what we do.   ...

Electronic Medical Record
Jan 14, 2015

I have been corrected by QA twice on this one. The first time it was changed to capitals (Electronic Medical Record), so I started typing it that way. However, recently I had it changed to lower case (electronic medical record). Both times the sentence was the same... "Detailed in the electronic medical record."   I had always typed this lower case until it was changed the first time. I never did understand why it should be capitalized. How do you usually transcribe this one?  ...

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record
Jul 15, 2010

but when is next pay day AND could someone tell me where on MQCentral I can find the pay schedule for 2010?   Thanks so much. ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried Using A Gaming Keyboard To Record Keystrokes In VR?
Aug 28, 2010

NM ...

S/l Vista Web Pathology Medical Record. Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Brushing biopsies were obtained with final pathology consistent with squamous cell carcinoma, according to the Vista web pathology medical record from the Montana VA.  ...

Working With The Electronic Health Record (EHR)?
May 12, 2011

I know that transcriptionists at Veterans' Hospitals have used the EHR for years and it works really well at VA. Now it seems that you hear about it all the time, but every single description is different from every other one. Nobody seems to know anything. When I ask how it works in other hospitals and clinics or with MTSOs, I hear that it's really no big deal. You just transribe like you always have. If each system is different, I guess what I want to know is, are any of you using it ...